Flavoring of teh chickens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavoring of teh chickens

I've been eating a shitload of chicken here with my "low-carb" diet, and fuck man, can anybody reccomend some seasoning/sauces to make chicken less bland?

Paprika, oregano (spelling....), curry, use beef tenderizer too, grill it in lemon juice, etc etc. Go on and be the next Betty Crocker.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Mrs. Dash seasonings - shit is amazing.

Salt free to boot.
      A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
        Mrs. Dash seasonings - shit is amazing.

Salt free to boot.
        Wow, never knew about that, sounds good. Where is it available? Publix? Walmart?

Comment

Originally posted by clee18
          Wow, never knew about that, sounds good. Where is it available? Publix? Walmart?

I got mine at kroger, so I'm guessing they'll be available damn near anywhere
          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

straight pepper... bbq sauces.. ragin cajun.. red robin + generic hamburger seasoning from giant/martins..

i grill chicken about 2x a week and cook fish 2x too

Comment

Tons of different marinades out there. BBQ sauces are a great idea too.

Comment

yep, all of the above and then some ... cayenne pepper seasoning ftw!!
                jdouchebag for president

Comment

cayenne pepper... o'lala.. <3<3 the heat

Comment

Teriyaki

Sweet / Sour

Comment

garlic powder, honey mustard, diet mountain dew then teriaki sauce for 24 hours, jamaican jerk seasoning. Just be creative and try what ever. You can do some mozzarella and marinara, swiss cheese and ranch sauce.

have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                        garlic powder, honey mustard, diet mountain dew then teriaki sauce for 24 hours, jamaican jerk seasoning. Just be creative and try what ever. You can do some mozzarella and marinara, swiss cheese and ranch sauce.

have fun!
                        1) You marinate in diet mountain dew?

2) If you want something simple, Rosemary adds a nice subtle flavor.
                        Wrist wraps fix everything.

Comment

Originally posted by matt24002
                          1) You marinate in diet mountain dew?

2) If you want something simple, Rosemary adds a nice subtle flavor.
                          only when dieting, use regular when I am not.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                            only when dieting, use regular when I am not.
                            Is that only for flavor? I've never heard of cooking with a caffeinated beverage.

And how did you come up with that? I have an image of you standing in the kitchen one day, cooking and drinking a can of Dew. You glance at the chicken breast, then at the Dew and back again, and finally ask yourself, "What the hell?", pouring it into the pan. I so have to try that.
                            Wrist wraps fix everything.

Comment

Originally posted by matt24002
                              Is that only for flavor? I've never heard of cooking with a caffeinated beverage.

And how did you come up with that? I have an image of you standing in the kitchen one day, cooking and drinking a can of Dew. You glance at the chicken breast, then at the Dew and back again, and finally ask yourself, "What the hell?", pouring it into the pan. I so have to try that.
                              I started off with steak and it helps tenderize the meat but also adds some nice flavor.

That is pretty much the story on how I tried it, couldn't hurt right? I thought hey if you can cook hotdogs and sausage in beer why not try somehtign like this?

Comment

Working...
                              X