No announcement yet.

Protein only diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm.. sounds harsh, what about subbing the shakes for something like chicken or tuna at each meal instead? Maybe using food protein will give better results?

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
      Hmm.. sounds harsh, what about subbing the shakes for something like chicken or tuna at each meal instead? Maybe using food protein will give better results?

The idea though is that a "liquid diet" is more quickly absorbed, processed and excreted out of the body than a solid food diet. It's alot like a diuretic effect and the reduced solid foods seems to allow the body to dispose of fat through urine and waste easier. That and it kept it easy to poop too when I had to. You could give it a whirl but it seemed to work on the short term like I was expecting. Also, food protein isn't as readily absorbed as say a shake, since the body has to break it down, digest it, and then absorb it. You'd lose more protein I feel this way that doing shakes. Plus for a guy at 180lbs, 270-360g of protein a day is a pain in the ass IMO. You almost get tired of intaking all that day by day.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
      Purple Wraath
      Green Magnitude
      Orange Triad
      White Flood
      Blue Up
      100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
      US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
        Plus for a guy at 180lbs, 270-360g of protein a day is a pain in the ass IMO. You almost get tired of intaking all that day by day.

black hole ftw?
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

how much weight would you likely lose if you did this, im working alot next week instead of buming around the house so i might try it as their wont be much temptation
          Your opponent can only win if you allow them too

Comment

looking for a good diet

Hi, I am looking for a good diet. One my friends said to eat low fat, high protein, good carbs, good fats and fruits. He said eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. I have already tried it but I'm at a standstill. I always have one to two meals of white rice a day. No one in the family is willing to by brown rice or cooks it. How much would eating that white rice affect the diet? Also because of my job it's difficult to find time to eat except for my lunch. Usually I only have 2 minutes to open my locker and grab something to eat. Please suggest me for an effective easy diet.
            I need some answer

Comment

Originally posted by cancersurvivor
              Hi, I am looking for a good diet. One my friends said to eat low fat, high protein, good carbs, good fats and fruits. He said eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. I have already tried it but I'm at a standstill. I always have one to two meals of white rice a day. No one in the family is willing to by brown rice or cooks it. How much would eating that white rice affect the diet? Also because of my job it's difficult to find time to eat except for my lunch. Usually I only have 2 minutes to open my locker and grab something to eat. Please suggest me for an effective easy diet.
              White rice is a no-no. Its an insulin spiker you dont want. 3 & 3 is a nice way to go but if time is limited for lunch, get a powerbar or something and get your real lunch after work. Alot of good info on here, just search it and good people to help you out.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
              US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Protein diet plans do not generally involve removing the carbs from the diet of many high-protein diet that possible.High plans such as Atkins require that you eliminate all processed foods that contain sugar or creamer has carbohydrates.Regular about 3 grams of carbs per serving, though.
                natural allergy relief

Comment

You can also use milk instead of water to mix protein powder in it...
                  This protein shake would help you more and would be of better taste..
                  Thanks
                  personal trainers orange county

Comment

Originally posted by Fletchar View Post
                    You can also use milk instead of water to mix protein powder in it...
                    This protein shake would help you more and would be of better taste..
                    Thanks
                    Any comments...
                    personal trainers orange county

Comment

Working...
                    X