Protein only diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein only diet?

6-8 servings of protein powder in water throughout the day for a week or so and additional water when feeling hungry. Pros/Cons? Discuss..... (No solid foods)

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

your brain would be mush.. and yes that would be a con..
    www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

its absolute torture and i have been very grumpy when i have experimented with. i tried the velocity diet from T-Nation , its pretty brutal

its a great way to cut up before a big beach/shirt off day. not healthy, fun, or satisfying, but it worked for me.

Comment

people do some crazy shiet for a beach/shirt off day...
        www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
          6-8 servings of protein powder in water throughout the day for a week or so and additional water when feeling hungry. Pros/Cons? Discuss..... (No solid foods)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=eating+disorders

Comment

Not an eatting disorder, but rather a "fighters" way of dropping fat/excess weight. I just had to think about when I wrestled in high school the "diets" we'd be on to drop weight. I saw it again on a reality fight show and the person dropped 12lbs and got cut up in a week.

However, I was thinking 6-8 shakes a day of casein protein, flax seeds for fiber, a few low carb green fiberous tidbits, and omega 3's for fats. That plus a crap load of water for a week. Workouts would be lower intensity cardio, and lower weight, higher rep lifts. Just toying with the idea, nothing in the werks just yet.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
            Purple Wraath
            Green Magnitude
            Orange Triad
            White Flood
            Blue Up
            100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Not an eatting disorder, but rather a "fighters" way of dropping fat/excess weight. I just had to think about when I wrestled in high school the "diets" we'd be on to drop weight. I saw it again on a reality fight show and the person dropped 12lbs and got cut up in a week.

However, I was thinking 6-8 shakes a day of casein protein, flax seeds for fiber, a few low carb green fiberous tidbits, and omega 3's for fats. That plus a crap load of water for a week. Workouts would be lower intensity cardio, and lower weight, higher rep lifts. Just toying with the idea, nothing in the werks just yet.

sounds like the velocity diet to me, hahaahah.

my body is to the point where in order for me to get really cut up/shredded, i have to resort to drastic measures (IE what you are toying with). my body has hit a state of equiliberium (sp), and i dont want to drop weight or gain it due to the weight class situation. its somewhat frustrating

Comment

Short term it isn't too bad at all

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                  sounds like the velocity diet to me, hahaahah.

my body is to the point where in order for me to get really cut up/shredded, i have to resort to drastic measures (IE what you are toying with). my body has hit a state of equiliberium (sp), and i dont want to drop weight or gain it due to the weight class situation. its somewhat frustrating

Actually the velocity made it look much more appealing. Also, I think I would only run it for a week or two. I am only interested in dropping the last 10lbs of fat so I can be semi-cut. If I go beyond 170, I'll look like a stick.

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Okay, so since I'm on a self imposed sabbatical, I figured I'd set this out and see how it could work. My plan for this "modified intake" is going to be something like....

4-5 protein shakes (evopro whey/casien mix) a day in water, mixed with 5g L-Glut in atleast 3.
                    About 2 gallons of water inaddition to this, possibly more like 3 gallons.
                    Adding fresh greens as my carb source (spinach, broccolli, etc.)
                    - No sissy ass iceberg lettuce ofcourse. I need some value carbs even going keto.
                    Probably pick up some omega-3's for my fats as well.
                    Will be continuing my Purple Wraath and White Flood. Green Mag is almost done (1-2 days max left) but will be adding Storm and SAN T3 in place.

Will run this roughly a week and then re-evaluate effectiveness/mood/nutrition, etc.

Cardio and reps will be increased.

Overall, looking to cut about 1-2% bf or about ~5lbs in this week.
                    If it works well, I may take a week off and then resume it the following week with the same goals.

Probably going to shoot for a 50/40/10 split pro/fat/carbs and see how fucked I get.

Thoughts? Improvements?? Suggestions???

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

goodluck,

i hate going keto, i get into such bad moods.

didnt mind it when i wasnt dating a girl, but last week i hit the one week mark and my gf started getting pissed because i was "so tired and moody"

i would consider maybe a fiber supplement or some flax meal to keep the pipes running swimmingly

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                        goodluck,

i hate going keto, i get into such bad moods.

didnt mind it when i wasnt dating a girl, but last week i hit the one week mark and my gf started getting pissed because i was "so tired and moody"

i would consider maybe a fiber supplement or some flax meal to keep the pipes running swimmingly
                        I'll look into it, but was hoping the greens would do their job in that regard. That was my main concern though was backage. This will be my first shot at keto cutting, so it'll be a learning experience in both body effect and mood change. I'm actually getting hyped for it so we'll see. If the energy is too lacking, I might have to re-evaluate mid-course.

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Probably going to shoot for a 50/40/10 split pro/fat/carbs and see how fucked I get.

Thoughts? Improvements?? Suggestions???
                          So no carb ups ?

This modified TKD may interest you:
                          http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par4.htm
                          Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-14-2007, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                            your brain would be mush.. and yes that would be a con..

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                              So no carb ups ?

This modified TKD may interest you:
                              http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par4.htm

Nah, wasn't running it long enough to warrant one until I finished.

End results were loss of 4lbs and ~1% BF. Not great but interesting to see. I saw more definition in my abs, though my obliques apparently need work. I felt like shit on days 1 and 2 but after that I was actually quite "chipper". Energy was good after the two days on zombieism. Will probably run it again but may wait till August to do so.

Current Supps:
                              Purple Wraath
                              Green Magnitude
                              Orange Triad
                              White Flood
                              Blue Up
                              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Working...