Big Poppa S and the Electric Lemonade Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Poppa S and the Electric Lemonade Project

This is the start of my upcoming log of Controlled Labs BRAND NEW flavor of Green Magnitude - ELECTRIC LEMONADE!!

A little bit about this product.

1.83 Lbs.
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1Scoop(10.4grams)
    Servings Per Container: 80

Calories 0
    Calories From Fat 0
    Magnesium 350mg 88%

Magnesium Creatine Chelate 2500mg
    2CM? Dicreatine Malate 2500mg
    Betaine Anhydrous 2500mg
    L-Taurine 2000mg
    L-Tyrosine 500mg

Other Ingredients
    Natural And Artificial Flavors, Natural And Artificial Colors, Malic Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose

A big THANK YOU goes out to Pu12en12g and to Controlled Labs for choosing ~DD~ and I to log their brand new flavor - Electric Lemonade. I will be logging here and at BB.com, ~DD~ might even drop by to add a few things, we both and appreciate and welcome comments, suggestions and constructive criticisms.

Now here's a little information about me:

Height: 5'11
    Weight: 259 - as of this morning
    Bodytype: Meso with some endo tendancies

Current Training Schedule:
    Sun - Shoulders,
    Mon - Quads, Bi's
    Tues - Chest
    Wed - OFF
    Thurs - Hams, Tri's
    Fri - Back
    Sat - OFF

Calves and Abs are mixed in, calves get it twice a week, Abs may be worked 4 or 5 times a week.

Cardio Schedule: Between 3-5 times per week depending on how I'm feeling.
    Post Workout - 30 minutes on stepper, treadmill, or crosstrainer - will be increasing as per prep schedule
    *OR*
    Lately have been jogging the local trails, also doing some sprints as well

Supplements for this log:
    Kirkland Multivitamin/mineral
    Weber Glucosamine/Chondroitin
    Optimum 100% protein
    Green Magnitude - Electric Lemonade
    Red Acid Gen 2
    Sesaglow
    **will be mixing in some White Flood and Purple Wraath (samples) along the way as needed**

The cutting diet I have been considering:

1 - 4 Egg whites, 2 Yolks
    2 - Protein shake w/ Almond butter or Natty PB
    3 - 6-8 oz Chicken breast, Almonds
    4 - repeat 2
    5 - 8-10oz Beef, salad with balsamic vinigrette
    6 - 2 scoops protein

Current Daily water intake: 4-6 litres

Our delivery just arrived today and, as I said previously to some of the other loggers, I couldn't wait so we tried it right after the gym!!

Lets get it ON!!!
    - Millennium Sport Technologies Sponsored Athlete -

Men are born to succeed, not fail.
    Henry David Thoreau

Today's workout

So as I just said we just got our EL Green Mag today and there was no way I wasn't going to try it today as well!!

My workouts are a little screwed up right now because I'm flying back home to Saskatchewan on Friday, so basically I'm trying to squeeze all my days in before Friday.

Pre-Workout Supplements:
    2 red Acid
    1 Sesaglow
    1 Sample pack of White Flood
    (yeah I went all out on the first day)

The Workout: Hams and Tri's
    format: reps@pounds

Deadlifts: 10@135, 10@225, 10@315, 5@405, 1@495 - I've been doing deadlifts on hamstring day to free up some time on my back day, it's going great and it's helping thrash my hamstrings.

Hamstring curls: triple drop set: 10@110/80/50 x 2 sets

Stiff-Leg Deadlifts: 12@135 x 2 sets

Overhead Dumbell Extensions: two handed: 10@100 x 3 sets

Tricep Pressdowns: triple drop set: 10@180/160/140 x 2 sets

Bench Dips: 12@Bodyweight, 15@BW, 20@BW

We followed this up with 20 min on the reincumbant bike, level 20 and random setting - we only did this because we had gotten up at 5:30 am this morning and went for a hike.

Post-Workout Supps:
    1 Serving of Green MAG

Post-Workout Meal:
    Protein Pancake(3 eggs, 1 scoop protein, 1/2 scoop oatmeal)

So now, the important stuff.... the combination of the Red Acid and the White Flood had me flying pretty high. I had tons of energy and was just pumping away at the weight with very short breaks.

ELECTRIC LEMONADE GREEN MAGNITUDE

So for my first usage there's not a whole lot that I can say about the effectiveness of the product, however, there ARE a few things that I can say...

TASTE: 10/10 - as many have said this product tastes deadly. The reason I give this a 10 is that the flavoring is awesome (at least as good as the Sour Green Apple, if not better) but it is sugar free. I found that most creatines that taste great are high in sugar but GM isn't, so it should be perfect for my cutting.

MIXABILITY: 9/10 - It mixed great however, there were a few crystals left at the bottom of the shaker (I didn't measure the water I just eyeballed it) next time I will use the suggested amount of water and re-evaluate.

So overall for the first test Electric Lemonade gets a 9.5/10, so far it's great, and I'm definitely looking forward to this log.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I've been away from the gym and away from internet access for a few days (I know, hard to believe..) but I'm back and ready to rock.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa S
        Score !!!

Comment

Yeah Buddy!!!

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Well I'm finally back from my little vacation, it was both good and bad. However getting back into the gym has been difficult because the place has been closed for a few days due to some water damage or flooding?? I'm not really sure what the issue is I just know that it's not open, so we decided to go to DD's universiry gym. The university gym is pretty small and they don't really have that many weights there but it works fine when you're in a pinch, and it has a cheap drop-in fee (plus she can go for free). Anyway, it was a shoulder workout and here it is:

Power Clean and Press: 10@135, 8@135, 6@135
            Upright Row: 10@185
            Overhead Press: 10@155

Standing DB Press: 10@60 x 3 sets - could've done more but the DB's only go to 60.

Shoulder Raise Giantset: Lateral/bentover/front: 10/10/10@30
            bentover/front/lateral: 10/10/10@30
            front/lateral/bentover: 8/8/8@30

Single Arm Machine Press: 20@30 each side x 3 sets

Machine Sled Calf Press: 20@300, 15@400, 15@400 - Machine only goes up to 400 so I was stuck again.

Finished this up with 3 sets of 10 hanging leg raises, and 3 sets of 20 crunches.

We walked there and back so there was no other cardio performed today.

Preworkout supps:
            1 multi
            1 glucosamine/chondroitin
            1 fish oil
            2 Red Acid
            - no more white flood left.

During Workout:
            Sipped on Purple Wraath

Post-Workout supps:
            1 scoop EL Green Mag
            10g glutamine

Post workout meal:
            1 Whole wheat, turkey, lettuce and salsa wrap.

The workout gets B+, I wish I was at my regular gym because I really could've pushed the envelope a little more. It looks like we won't have access to the gym for awhile, so we might be staying at the university for a bit longer, maybe we'll go check some other places out but you just can't beat the university's price.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Took today off in hopes that the gym will open up soon and I can save another drop-in fee, regardless yesterday we did Quads and Bi's at the university, even though I wasn't able to challenge myself as much as I would've liked (due to the gym issue) I still got a pretty decent workout.

Squats: 10@135, 10@225, 10@315 - I'm just getting back to these after some knee issues came up again, I'm coming back to them slowly so I'm looking forward to my squats increasing during this log.

Leg Extension: 15@180, 12@190, 12@200 - could've went higher but the machine was maxed out.

Leg Press: single leg ss w/ both legs: 10/10/20@200 x 3 sets

EZ Bar Curl(standing): triple drop: 10@140, 10@120, 15@70 x 2
              EZ Bar Curl(reverse grip): triple drop: 10@110, 10@90, 10@70

Seated DB Curl ss w/ Seated Hammer Curl: 10@40/10@30 x 2 sets
              Seated Hammer Curl ss w/ Seated DB Curl: 10@40/10@30

No cardio as we had to rush off to Costco to pick up a box chicken, a huge bag of salad, a 30 pack of eggs, and some taboule(sp?)

Preworkout supps:
              1 multi
              1 fish oil
              2 Red Acid

During Workout:
              Sipped on Purple Wraath - This was our last packet so now I have to go without.

Post-Workout supps:
              1 scoop EL Green Mag
              10g glutamine - I think I only have maybe a couple servings of glutamine left as well - is it just me or does it seem like you always run out of more than one thing at the same time.

Post workout meal:
              2 scoops Optimum protein w/ water (as I said I have to cut out any extras this week - it's working, I'm already down 4 pounds since I got back )

I think I need another paycheck to roll on in so I can start replacing some of stuff I'm running out of, we'll see what happens.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

GFH Time

Comment

So on Friday we attempted to go to our regular gym again, it was still closed, however, we've been hearing a new rumor that the gym has passed into recievorship (sp?) That really sucks if it's true because we've been paying installments every few months and actually just paid $100 a few days before we went on holidays, I think we've paid probably 80% of our memberships and still have 5 or 6 months left on them, so if it's true we're out that money.

So then we went back to the university, of course with our luck, it's closed for the night. So finally I'm really getting fed up with this whole situation and decided that we should go try one more gym because we really wanted to get a workout in. So we drove another 15-20 minutes to get to the next gym. It was pretty decent, they even let us have a free trial workout, which is pretty rare these days, most places want to charge you a drop-in fee that they'll put towards the membership if you decide to join. The gym was empty and I was able to do my chest workout without any waiting for weights, I definitely had that unsure feeling of being in a new gym but the workout was good anyway.

Bench Press: 20@135, 12@225, 10@275, 6@315 - first time I've don heavy chest since I've been back, should've done some more but I didn't want to push it too far too quick.

Hammer Strength Machine Incline Press: 10@225, 10@275, 10@315, 8@365 - I never really feel comfortable on this one, maybe it's because I only use it once every couple years.

Incline DB Flyes: 10@45, 10@50, 10@55

Pec Deck: 10@180, 10@190, 10@200 - maxed machine.

We did some cardio as well, I got on the x-trainer for 20 minutes, level 12 on the random hill setting.

All-in-all I'd give the workout an A I got a really good pump my chest is still sore a couple days later, and I even did some cardio.

Preworkout supps:
                  1 multi
                  1 fish oil
                  2 Red Acid

During Workout:
                  Water
                  - no purple wraath left.

Post-Workout supps:
                  1 scoop EL Green Mag
                  - no more glutamine left.

Post workout meal:
                  Since it was late and I hadn't had any supper yet I had a Protein Pancake for my meal.
                  3 egg whites, 2 yolks
                  1 scoop protein
                  1/4 scoop oats
                  cinnamon
                  Diabetic Syrup

Yesterday we were out at the Tall Ships Festival here in Halifax, it was an awesome day and pretty cool to see all those huge ships (especially for a prairie boy!!). We'll be hitting the university again today and I'll probably be buying a months membership because we can't afford to pay for 2 new memberships at the gym we tried on Friday, we'll just have to tough it out at the university until we can figure things out

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Mon. July 16th

Today's workout was pretty decent but I hate looking around and trying to figure out what to do next because my options are so limited, but we make do with what we have and put together a pretty damn good workout.

Widegrip Chinups: 10@bodyweight x 4 sets

DB Rowss ss w/BB Rows: 10@100/10@185 x 3 sets

Widegrip Pulldowns: 10@150, 10@180, 10@240
                    V-Grip Pulldowns: 8@240, 8@210, 10@180

Cable Rows: Undergrip: 10@180, 10@220, Overgrip: 10@180, 10@220

Calf Press(on leg press) ss w/ Upright calf press: 20@400/20@300 x 3 sets

No cardio today as we wanted to get out of the gym quickly, it's so freakin hot in there with no AC, just a couple fans blowing around the stale, sweaty air. It could almost be considered a hardcore place until you see some of the members...LOL...

Preworkout supps:
                    1 multi
                    1 fish oil
                    2 Red Acid
                    1 scoop EL Green Mag

During Workout:
                    Water

Post-Workout supps:
                    None

Post workout meal:
                    1 scoop of protein w/ water
                    16 almonds

Even running out of protein now, I guess it's straight chicken and eggs until next paycheck, oh well, chicken and salad is a pretty damn good meal anyway, and the protein pan***** are deadly.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

So I'm starting a new goal.....it's called 220 OR BUST!!.....I finally think that I'm ready to really start stripping off the fat and I want to get down to 220 lbs while maintaining as much strength/muscle as possible. I'm setting a 14 week goal for this plan, I understand that means that I have to shed ~40 lbs in 14 weeks but I'm kind of tired of carrying around so much weight (weighed in at 263 on Sunday - 8 pounds down since I got back(1 week)) Basically I'll be adding more cardio slowly and will be tightening up the diet, I'm sure with ~DD~'s help I'll be able to get back within striking distance of competition shape, having to cut so much weight is becoming more difficult each time I try and I think that if I can keep under 10% BF I will have a much better time getting ready for comps. So there it is....I will be posting any changes to my current plan...workouts will mostly stay the same, probably just add more supersets and giantsets...definitely will be increasing cardio a little, and will figure out a diet that is on target for this plan... I might add some supplements but nothing that will affect my Green MAGnitude log in any way. Any suggestions, critiques or criticisms are welcome

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Quads and Bi's

So it was quads and bi's day again, I'm still pretty sore from my hamstring day (usually) I would've had a little more of a break between the two, but with all the gym trouble we've had we reallly didn't have a choice. Following ~DD~'s suggestions I decided to increase the intensity and volume of the workout since the university just doesn't have the weights to go really heavy, I'll tell you that if you're not used to training that way it can really kick the crap out of you.

Squats ss w/DB stationary lunge: 10@135/10@40's, 10@225/10@40's x 3 sets

Leg Press ss w/Leg Extensions ss w/ weightless squats:
                        20@400/20@150/10 x 3 sets - this was ridiculous, by the end of each giant set I was barely able to get back to standing and by the of the whole thing I was feeling sore muscles that I didn't even know I had, it was pretty much a cardio session for me as well, since there was no rest inbetween exercises.

Widegrip BB Curl ss w/ DB Curls: 10@125/10@40's x 3 sets

Closegrip Cable Curl ss w/ DB Hammer Curls: 10@120/10@40's x 3 sets

That's all it took, the workout went quick because I was barely even taking 30 seconds between sets, just taking enough time to get a sip of water and then back to it. I also did some cardio on the reincumbant bike, 20 minutes basically peddaling in a sauna (freakin gym is so hot) and I was done, I had sweat pouring from pretty much everywhere, it's a good feeling, feels like I actually did something today.

Preworkout supps:
                        1 fish oil
                        2 Red Acid
                        1 scoop EL Green Mag

During Workout:
                        Water

Post-Workout supps:
                        None

Post workout meal:
                        ~DD~ made some healthy chili tonight so that was our postworkout meal as we didn't get back until close to 9pm.

It consists of:
                        Extra lean ground beef
                        Various types of beans (white, kidney, etc)
                        a little bit of low cal pasta sauce
                        some chili powder and cayenne pepper - Apparently she had already put quite a bit in but I like it really hot so when she wasn't looking I poured some more in, maybe a bit too much. It didn't go over to well when she first tasted it (she's not big into spicy foods), but I loved it.

I'm trying to decide whether tomorrow should be a day off or whether I should just go in and bust chest like it ain't no thing...we'll see what happens...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

July 23/2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as the title says we don't have a whole lot of weight at the university gym, the dumbells only go up to 60's and there are only 6 45 lbs plates, but it's all we have right now so we have to make do, it's all about planning the workout a little more. You don't have the option of just going in there and blasting out super heavy weight, so you have to be a bit more tactical in your attack.

Squats: 10@135, 10@225, 10@315, 10@225, 10@135 - surprisingly I didn't have to much pain on these, my knees felt decent so I think things are looking up.

Smith Press ATG Front Squats ss w/ Machine Leg Press ss w/ Quad Extensions
                          10@135 / 20@300 / 20@150 x 3 sets - These blew my quads apart, the burn was ridiculous and I was having some dry heaves, they are done with no rest between them and only 45 seconds between each giantset. (painful).

Barbell Curl ss w/ Alternating DB Curl ss w/ Alternating Hammer Curl:
                          10@105 / 10ea@30 / 10ea@25 x 3 sets - by the time these were done (much like my legs) I had an immense burn going on.

Cable Curls ss w/ Incline Crunch ss w/ Frog Crunch: 20@90/20/20, 25@80/20/20, 30@70/20/20

Since our legs were fried there was no point in doing cardio because we wouldn't have been able to even if we wanted to. Overall, the workout gets an A, definitely worth my while even though it was a little different from the usual heavy training that I like doing.

Preworkout supps:
                          1 Sesaglow
                          2 Red Acid
                          1 Pkg of StarChem Labs Armageddon - had a free sample and needed a major boost of energy after working OT again - didn't really deliver on it's promises, I'll be posting a review on it and their Evolution product when I finish all four packets.

During Workout:
                          Water

Post-Workout supps:
                          1 scoop EL Green Mag - it's not until you try something else (see above) that you realize just how good EL-GM actually is!!

Post workout meal:
                          Protein pancake.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Today we decided to take a day off. After blasting our quads and bi's yesterday we were both feeling a bit sore, add to that, me having worked OT again (six days in a row now) and it was a good time for some extra rest. Plus I got to crunch some numbers on whether or not it would be profitable for me to go work in Fort McMurray for awhile (at least until ~DD~'s done school) we're definitely considering it right now. Tomorrow is CHEST and I can't wait, I'm going to get some giantsets going for chest and tear up every last little muscle fiber.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa S
                              Tomorrow is CHEST and I can't wait, I'm going to get some giantsets going for chest and tear up every last little muscle fiber.

Comment

Working...
                              X