No announcement yet.

Big Poppa S and the Electric Lemonade Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been awhile since I've updated, just to keep everyone on track due to various issues I've reduced my workload to a simple Upper/Lower routine. It's working out good so far. I'm not completely sold on it yet but it's giving me more rest time and frees up more time for cardio in and out of the gym.

Mon: Upper
    Tues: Lower
    Wed: OFF
    Thurs: Upper
    Fri: Lower
    Sat: OFF or cardio
    Sun: OFF or cardio

So we made to both Costco and to the gym after work and before they closed (apparently the gym closes at 6 on Saturday???). So I was able to get my lower body workout in however, I had to finish the whole workout in 25 minutes. It was a rush and I didn't get to do everything that I wanted to do but I made do.

Deadlifts ss w/ Front Squats: 20@135/10@135 x 3 sets - I would basically finish my 20th rep of DL's then do a power clean and set up and start front squts, It cut down on the time but I think that the combination and having no rest inbetween was a bit too much because I ended up straining my lower back a little.

Single Leg Ham Curl ss w/ DB Stiff legged DL's: 10@60/10@45's x 3 sets

Standing Calf Press: 20@300 x 3 sets - this machine is so easy that I
    barely consider this worth my time, but I wanted to get some calves in.

Single Legged Squat: 5 on each leg x 3 sets - this was done with standing with one foot on the bench while the other one dangles beside it, then balancing all the way down I attempt to tough the dangling foot down to the ground doing a single leg squat with the other leg then returning to the upright position.

Bench Step Ups: 20 reps total rotating legs x 3 sets - this was simply done with my own bodyweight providing the resistance.

The workout was rushed so it wasn't quite what I wanted it to be but it still went pretty good especially after I strained my back early into it, I was able to continue but I'm pretty sure the I'm going to be sore tonight.

Preworkout supps:
    1 Sesaglow
    2 Red Acid
    1 Scoop EL Green MAGnitude

During Workout:
    Water

Post-Workout supps:
    Protein Pancake

GFS TIME!!!!
    - Millennium Sport Technologies Sponsored Athlete -

Men are born to succeed, not fail.
    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Just some cardio yesterday while ~DD~ did her workout. It hasn't been so humid for the last few days so it was actually tolerable to do some cardio in the gym. The gym closed early again due to the long weeked so again we were a little pressed for time as I had put in another 8 hour shift of OT (doing it again today - that's 50 hours in the last 3 weeks). I was still able to get just over 30 minutes in so that wasn't too bad.

15 minutes manual setting, level 4 on the reincumbant bike,
      17 minutes level 5 incline @ 4.0 mph on the treadmill.

The cardio actually flew by because I was reading a copy of last month's Muscular Development magazine. I like that magazine mostly because of the little science/research articles that they have every month. (I guess FitnessRX usually has something similar - it's made by the same publisher so I guess they recycle), other than MD I would usually be ready MuscleMag International, I used to have a subscription to this one as they are pretty much the only mag that covers anything Canadian (a la Garry Bartlett). I find that cardio is so much easier if I have something like these to read as the mags just seem to motivate me. Anyway, the gym is open until 10pm tonight so we won't be rushed at all, today is the start of the second upper/lower week, with a little extra time on my side I should have no problem getting the whole workout in with a little cardio as well.

PreCardio supps:
      1 Sesaglow
      2 Red Acid

During Cardio:
      Water

Post-Cardio supps:
      Protein Pancake

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Today's workout was the start of my second week of my upper/lower routine, I made one change - switching Incline Press for DB Flyes - to better balance my exercises over the week, all-in-all the workout went pretty awesome, I did exactly what I wanted to do and the gym was dead enough that I could use all the weights I needed.

Bench Press: 2 warmup sets/20 reps (135, 225) 10@275, 10@295 10@315

DB Flyes: 15@45, 10@59, 10@60

Tricep Pressdowns: 20@180, 12@200, 10@220

Standing DB Shoulder Press: 10@50, 10@60 x 2 sets

Barbell Curl ss w/ Dumbell Alternating Curl: 10@95/10ea@30

V-Grip Pulldowns: 10@180, 10@210, 10@240

20 minutes on the treadmill, level 5 incline, 4.2 mph

I don't know what happened but that little bit of cardio really burned, I was sweating like crazy. The workout gets a solid A and I think that it was a good start for the week. This is big for me because seeing that the mental aspect is huge in bodybuilding/weightlifting I think that if you can get into a good groove then things will flow the way you want them to, it's during these times that I truely believe we make are best gains. Hopefully, this week will continue that way and will set the stage for the near future.

Preworkout supps:
        1 Sesaglow
        2 Red Acid

During Workout:
        Water

Post-Workout supps:
        Protein Shake

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Upper body GFH

Another awesome workout was had, like I said previously, I'm in a zone this week and it's the perfect place to be. It was upper body day again and having the rest day yesterday really set me up for a deadly workout, I was ready to hit it and hit it hard! Even after a long day at work, of course I did have a short nap between work and the gym, but after the nap and a pre-workout protein pancake, I was ready to go.

Widegrip Pulldowns(behind the head): warmups - 2 sets of 20 (180,200) 12@210, 10@240 to the front, 10@210 BTH, 10@240 to the front - rotated front to back just for fun.

Barbell Rows: 10@205, 10@225, 10@255, 10@275 - the last set was a bit sloppy but it felt good to just toss some weight around.

Cable Curls ss w/ Crossbody Hammer Curls: 20@120/10ea@30's

Incline Press: 10@205, 10@225, 10@255 - these felt so weird after doing biceps first, it's was an odd feeling - not bad, just odd.

Lateral DB Raise: 12@40, 12@45, 10@50 - probably a little more swing on the last set than I should have but see above regarding "tossing weights".

DB Skullcrushers ss w/ Upright Dips: 15@45/10@BW - haven't done upright dips in awhile, but I felt like they would be good to add to an upper body workout.

By this time we were a bit rushed as we still wanted to get to the grocery store before it closed so for cardio I just went on the treadmill for 20 minutes (my "plan" calls for 30) I was on a 5 incline at 4.0 mph (reading MD again).

Preworkout supps:
          1 Sesaglow
          2 Red Acid
          1 Scoop EL Green MAG

During Workout:
          Water

Post-Workout supps:
          Protein Shake
          1/2 Whole Wheat bagle w/almond butter - for anyone who hasn't tried almond butter, try it! It is awesome!!

Today's workout gets an A+ or a 10 out of 10. I tossed around some heavy weight, got enough sets and reps to really work the muscle and even got a good sweat going during my cardio, I'm totally pumped about it. I want to make tomorrow's workout just as good, I actually think I'm going to go do some cardio in the morning before work, outside, our place is basically built on the side of a huge hill so going out walking around here is a major cardio event.

A big thanks goes out to 5-6 for hooking me up with some supps to go along with my next log, I'm looking forward to it, but I'm hating the fact that my GreenMAG log is going to be ending....I needs to get me some GreenMAG running straight from the tap here!!!

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Comment

So we took yesterday as another day off. No real reason behind it other than I had to work late again and we were a little too tired to go to the gym. I hate going when I'm not "all there" it just sets me up for a bad workout and I didn't want to ruin how this week has been going. Instead we'll go today after I get off from working OT again, man I building up some crazy amounts of OT, I have 26.25 hours OT on my next cheque and after this weekend I'll have 40 hours OT on the cheque following that. Too bad the money is already spent (paying off credit cards and our vacation) but at least we'll be back to even. Overtime FTW!!!

As far as my cutting down to 220 is going , it's a slow and steady pace. I didn't really lose much this week but both me and ~DD~ have noticed my waist tightening up/shrinking, so even though I might not have lost much actually weight this week at least the mirror is showing improvement which is the real goal. As long as I keep it going like I have I think that I will be able to eventually reach my goal. I even created an Excel spreadsheet to track my weight loss, BF%, etc from week to week. So at least I'm back in the right mindset to get this completed.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Can I be charged for physically abusing my legs???

The title says it all again, and yesterday's rest was definitely worth it. Today's workout was awesome, all the way through to the cardio at the end. It was high intensity, I can actually "feel" the muscle fibers that were worked and I was able to keep the pace up throughout.

Deadlifts: 20@135, 10@225, 10@315, 5@365, 5@415 - gym was dead so I could use every last weight if I wanted and I was damn close.

Smith Machine Front Squats: 10@135, 10@165, 10@185 - these were a whole lot harder than last time due to going heavier on deads, but I went as heavy as I could while maintaining correct form, my "teardrops" are crying.

Lying Hamstring Curls ss w/ Stiff-legged Deadlifts: 10@135/12@135, 11@125/11@185, 12@115/10@205 - went heavier on the stiffs to get a good stretch.

Upright Calf Press ss w/ Sled Calf Press: 20@300/20@400 x 3 sets - both machines were maxed out and they're not the type that I can add any extra weight on so I'm going to start experimenting more with rep speeds and unilateral training.

Cardio: 20 mins on the reincumbant bike, hill setting, level 4 - It was just warm enough in the gym that I sweated like a fat kid running up stairs but I love when cardio is like that, I feel like my body is totally cleansed afterwards.

Preworkout supps:
                1 Sesaglow
                2 Red Acid
                1 Scoop EL Green MAG

During Workout:
                Water

Post-Workout supps:
                Chicken Stir-fry - chicken breast, vegetables and a little teriyaki sauce - sauteed to perfection. Mmmmmm.....I'm drooling a little bit just thinking about it again. I might have to go finish the leftovers before the night is over.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Final Thoughts/Review

SO it's about time for my final thoughts/review on this product...... without any further ado.........

Controlled Labs has a real winner here. During a time when companies are mass producing "all-in-ones" that never really deliver it is nice and refreshing to see a company put out a simple product that just performs as it should.

Mixability: 9/10
                  taste: 10/10
                  Performance: 10/10
                  Recovery: 10/10

Overall: 9.75/10

Electric Lemonade Green MAGnitude (IMO) is one of the best creatine products (if not THE BEST) that I have ever tried. GM is easily mixable in a shaker cup with water, a couple times I did experience some powder settling at the bottom of the bottle but it was very easily rememdied by adding a little more water which wiped out the issue completely, I was even able to completely dissolve GM in a small glass w/ water and just mixing it with a spoon, which is usually pretty rare. The product is possibly the best tasting supplement I have ever tasted. It' a refreshing product that would be hard to get tired of, I was actually looking forward to my GM each day, even on my off days. I believe that EL GM even tastes better than the original Apple flavor. As for performance, I took GM mostly pre-workout, I found that on days that I took it post, or didn't take it at all I was feeling sluggish and a little dehydrated (possibly due to high heat). However, when taking GM pre-workout I always had the energy to do my sets and was able to maintain hydration levels (no change in water consumption, and there were many days that the heat and humidity were just as high.) Whether or not this was just "placebo effect" or not is a non-issue because I "felt" (subjective) better when taking the product than when I didn't take the product, as for numbers I was able to maintain or improve my strength levels in all my lifts even while dropping close to 15 pounds. This was one of the most important issues when taking this creatine, to be able to lift just as hard and heavy while still losing weight. I have always seen a directly correlation between my weight and my lifts, when one goes up so does the other and vice versa, so when I can reverse this relationship, ie. weight loss = strength increase, it makes the product responsible for the change valuable to me (IMO). Improved recovery was also noted during this log, there was less soreness and less random cramping (I am assuming this is a result of the improved hydration), for example, previous to taking GM it would take me 3-4 days to recover from legs, while on GM it would only take 2-3 days. 1 day may not sound like that much but it makes a big difference, especially if you are doing legs twice a week. Finally, the price per serving for Green MAGnitude is outstanding, it's rare to see a product priced that low for that many servings, just another top notch aspect of this product.

In closing I just want to reiterate that (IMHO) this product is outstanding!!! I will definitely be purchasing this product again, and that is the true sign of the quality of the supplement, if you get repeat consumers. A big thank you goes out to Controlled Labs and to Pu12en12g for allowing us to test and log this new flavor. We hope to be able to work with you again in the future. As well thanks to all those who stopped by during this log as you are what makes a log what it is, it was greatly appreciated!

Steve

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                  X