Tennis elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis elbow

I did an intense/extremely heavy shoulder/tricep workout last night and my right elbow's been tender as a mofo all day. Usually when if I get tennis elbow I feel it during my workout and it goes away after the night. Today it's still there, never happened before.

What would speed up the recovery, ice?

Originally posted by PharoaheMonch
    I did an intense/extremely heavy shoulder/tricep workout last night and my right elbow's been tender as a mofo all day. Usually when if I get tennis elbow I feel it during my workout and it goes away after the night. Today it's still there, never happened before.

What would speed up the recovery, ice?
    Heat and ice. Also any anti-inflammatory (aspirin, etc). You probably worked too hard on the tricep and that caused the problem at the forearm attachment. Remember, the tris and bis aren't big muscles. Heavy load isn't required on them to work them properly.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Ice and Ibuprophin

Comment

good old R.I.C.E. rest, ice, compression, elevation . . . . a good approach to most strains, sprains and other minor injuries . . . heat can be used to speed healing after swelling has receeded you can also try with light stretching at that point.

More specific to tennis elbow you can get an aircast that puts pressure on the arm to help

Here is a pretty good read on why it happens and how you can prevent it http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/...-treatment.htm
        Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Working...
        X