Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG (New Electric Lemonade Flavor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 57

Saturday Rest Day

I was feeling lazy this morning and just mixed my Green Mag in water. Tomorrow, I will get back on the slushie quest though. Today, I am heading up to the Brown's preseason game at 7:00, so I am pretty excited about that. Should make for a good time. I also went and saw SuperBad last night. It was absolutly hilarious. It was pretty much just as funny as Knocked Up, which I really liked also. Anyone looking for a good laugh should definitely check it out.

Comment

Day 58

Sunday Rest Day

Green Mag slushies came out almost perfect today. First, I chopped up 6 ice cubes in our slushie maker. Then, I mixed a scoop of Mag in about 3 ounces of water. I poured that into the ice shavings and mixed it a little. The only thing I could even consider complaining about is I used maybe a tad too much water. I think 2.75 ounces might be perfect. The taste was awsome though. I absolutly loved it. Anyways, yesterday I went to the Brown's game and got to see Brady Quinn come in and play AMAZING in the 4th quarter. Sure it was against the third stringers, but it was still very encouraging and a step up from what the other QBs showed. It was very exciting. Nothing too much planned for today. Just a solid rest day

Comment

Day 59 (Workout #41)

Monday Chest Workout

BB Bench Press
        205lbs 7reps
        205lbs 5.5reps
        225lbs 3reps
        185lbs 6reps

BB Incline Press
        160lbs 8reps
        160lbs 8reps
        155lbs 8reps

Cybex Incline
        4 Plates+50lbs 7reps
        4 Plates+50lbs 6reps
        4 Plates+30lbs 7reps

Lying Cable Flys
        50lbs 8reps
        40lbs 8reps
        30lbs 9reps

Dips
        BW+45lbs 8reps
        BW+45lbs 7reps
        BW+45lbs 8reps

**- denotes a PR
        ++- dentoes an increase in weight or reps over last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
        Well, at first you might look at this workout and think that it wasnt that great because my reps are lower then in previous weeks. This isnt really the case though. I have noticed that while the rest of my body is experiencing some great growth, my chest has been somewhat stagnant. We all know that means its time to switch up the training method. I have decided that I am going to slow everything down for a few weeks. This means that you probably wont be seeing many new PRs in chest the next few workouts because I am instead going to focus on slowing the movement way down. Switching my training like this has done the trick in the past and I'm hoping it will help ellicit some new growth. Based on how today went, I'm sure it will. The pump in my chest was crazy at the end of the workout.

Workout Ratings
        Energy/Focus: 8.5/10
        *good focus and energy was there
        Endurance: 8.5/10
        *pretty solid endurance throughout
        Strength: 8.5/10
        *solid strength and excellent weight control
        Workout Overall: 8.5/10
        *happy with the workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
        Green Mag still gave me a nice boost despite the change in workout strategy. Since I have slowed everything down, each rep is a test of both muscular strength and endurance. It really is grueling to do the workout this way. Taking your time and slowly lowering and raising the weight definitely brings a strong burn to the table. I was really happy with the way the workout went and will stick with it for a few weeks to see if it can get my chest growing once again.

Comment

Subscribed, nice log man.

Comment

Originally posted by Halosoccer24
            Subscribed, nice log man.
            Thanks man. Its good to have you following.

Comment

Day 60 (Workout #42)

Tuesday Back Workout

Thumbless Grip Pullups
              BW 10reps
              BW 7reps
              BW 5reps
              BW 5reps

Close Grip Side to Side Pullups
              BW 6reps
              BW 6reps
              BW 6reps
              BW 6reps

Standing T-Bar Rows
              3plates 10reps
              3plates 9reps
              2plates+25lbs 10reps

Seated Cable Rows
              150lbs 15reps
              165lbs 11reps
              165lbs 10reps (dropset 110lbs)

Back Hypers
              25lbs 10reps
              25lbs 9reps
              25lbs 8reps

**- denotes a PR
              ++- denotes an increase in either reps or weight from last workout (not a PR)

Workout Thoughts:
              Great workout today. My lats once again were extremly pumped and fully worked. Today, I made sure that I went all the way down to a complete hang on each pullup. In the past, I didnt go all the way down because I thought it might be better to keep constant tension on my lats. However, I definitely wasnt getting the same ROM as I do when I go all the way. Plus, when I do go all the way down, it isnt as if I am hanging for awhile and resting my lats. What are your guys opinions? Do you guys think its better to keep constant tension or go all the way down. My thoughts are that I focus on a full ROM on everything else, so why would it be different for pullups. I dont avoid going all the way down to my chest on bench just to keep constant tension, so IMO, I shouldnt sacrifice ROM for tension on pullups. Anyways, you might notice I did hypers today instead of deads. I just want to keep the lower back protected. Hopefully I can start up deads again next week.

Workout Ratings
              Energy/Focus: 9/10
              *mind was on nothing but the weights
              Endurance: 9/10
              *great endurance
              *Good strength today
              Workout Overall: 9/10
              *awsome workout with crazy lat pumps.

Green Mag Thoughts:
              Once again, the pump in my lats were ridiculous and I actually started to get a feeling of sickness during my workout today, which is something that normally only happens during my leg days. I think this was a combination of two things. One, the intensity of my workout was very high today as I really fought out some hard pullups with full ROM. Second, my preworkout meal was closer to my workout then usual because I slept in a little. Either way, it was still a great workout. Just a little update on this log, next week I will be heading back to school, and as a result will be back in the university gym. I am actually looking forward to it because our gym is excellent. However, some of my numbers are obviously going to change as a result of different equipment. I will probably use the first week at the university gym as a baseline and then set those as my new PR levels.

Comment

Originally posted by dbc5
                Thanks man. Its good to have you following.
                Yah I'm trying to learn all i can about CL's products for future use. I'm soon to be using GG and hopefully in a month or two GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halosoccer24
                  Yah I'm trying to learn all i can about CL's products for future use. I'm soon to be using GG and hopefully in a month or two GM.
                  Cool man. I really like the stuff that Controlled Labs brings to the table. Very solid products.

Comment

Day 61 (Workout #43)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Charles Glass Power Press
                    155lbs 8reps
                    155lbs 8reps
                    155lbs 7reps

BB Upright Rows
                    95lbs 10reps
                    115lbs 9reps**
                    125lbs 6reps**

Seated Overhead BB Press
                    145lbs 6reps
                    145lbs 5reps
                    135lbs 6reps

Seated Lat Raises
                    25lbs 12reps
                    30lbs 8reps
                    30lbs 8reps

Barbell Shrugs
                    245lbs 15reps(10sec hold last rep)
                    265lbs 12reps(10sec hold last rep)
                    275lbs 10reps(10sec hold last rep)

Ab Workout
                    Variety of lower and upper ab movements

++: denotes and increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not PR)
                    **: denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
                    Really good shoulder workout today. I tried something new to start out my shoulder workout with the power presses. I saw them on the getting cut with glass shoulder training and thought I would give them a shot. The only thing I did differently is brought the weight down extremly slow to really generate a strong burn. Here is a link to the Getting Cut with Glass episode. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut1.htm. He shows the power presses a little bit after 7 minutes 30 second in. The rest of the workout was really good as well. I set new PRs on barbell upright rows and had some awsome delt pumps. Really good workout.

Workout Ratings
                    Energy/Focus: 8.75/10
                    *good energy and focus
                    *felt great the whole time
                    *Set PRs on upright rows and the rest of the workout was great
                    Workout Overall: 8.75/10
                    *really happy with the workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                    Everything is still going solid. My strength was great and I had a tremendous pump in my shoulders. I did notice a little bit of elbow soreness after my workout, which is sort of disappointing considering that I havnt had any since starting up glucosamine. Hopefully it is just a one day thing, but this obviously has nothing to do with Mag. Everything on the Green Mag front is still exactly what I want.

Comment

• Nice workout. I also like your split, do you do traps on back day or shoulder day?

Comment

• Originally posted by Halosoccer24
                        Nice workout. I also like your split, do you do traps on back day or shoulder day?
                        I work the traps with shoulders.

Comment

• Day 62 (Workout #44)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
                          225lbs 10reps
                          225lbs 8reps
                          275lbs 1rep
                          275lbs 1rep
                          135lbs 20reps of pulse squats++

Leg Press
                          900lbs 12reps
                          900lbs 12reps
                          900lbs 12reps

Smith Machine Hack Squats
                          275lbs 10reps++
                          275lbs 10reps
                          275lbs 12reps**

Leg Extensions
                          200lbs 12reps
                          205lbs 10reps
                          210lbs 8reps

Standing Calf Raises
                          140lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)
                          150lbs 13reps(final rep held 10secs)
                          150lbs 13reps(final rep held 10secs)

Seated Calf Raises
                          90lbs 15reps
                          90lbs 13reps
                          90lbs 13reps

**-denotes a PR
                          ++-denotes an increase in reps or weight from last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                          Today was both a great and a terrible trip to the gym. First the good. My workout was amazing. Felt very strong on everything and intensity was through the roof. I set a new PR on Smith Hack Squats and also concentrated on getting a full and complete ROM on every rep. I occasionally shorten up a few of my last reps with heavier weights, but today I made sure that I got full reps until the end. The usual calf equipment that I use was being serviced, so I couldnt use them. I found a couple other stations that worked very well though, so I still got some great calf work in. Now for the bad part. When getting plates for my leg presses, a 45lb plate fell from the plate hanger thing on the bench press and directly onto my big toe. It hurt at the time, but I wasnt about to stop my workout for it. I think my endorphins were going strong because it really didnt hurt that bad during my workout, although I could definitely feel it swelling in my shoe. However, once the workout was done, the pain started catching up to me. Right now I am sitting with a bag of ice on my toe and it sucks. The toe is pretty swollen and bruised. It's possibly broken, which is something that I have done to my toes numerous times. O well, at least the workout was good .

Workout Ratings
                          Energy/Focus: 9.5/10
                          *took alot of focus to power through an excellent workout despite the toe
                          *felt strong the whole workout
                          Strength: 9.25/10
                          *strength was good and squats felt somewhat light
                          Workout Overall: 9.25/10
                          *great workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                          Strength was excellent today, as its been for the duration of this log. Even with the toe injury, I still set a PR and felt great on all my lifts. The toe didnt honestly hurt me too much during my workout. I was just so locked in on getting through my reps that I didnt notice it. Im also loving my Green Mag slushies in the mornings that I actually have time to make them, which was the case this morning. Its hard to believe I can get my creatine when I'm eating/drinking something that tastes like a dessert.

Comment

• Day 63 (Workout #45)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
                            95lbs 10eps
                            95lbs 10reps
                            100lbs 8reps

-Superset With-

Skull Crushers
                            75lbs 11reps
                            80lbs 8reps
                            80lbs 8reps

EZ Bar Curls
                            80lbs 12reps
                            85lbs 8reps
                            85lbs 8reps

-Superset With-

Tricep Pushdowns
                            180lbs 8reps
                            180lbs 8reps
                            180lbs 8reps(dropset 120lbs)

Cable Double Biceps
                            60lbs 9reps
                            60lbs 8reps
                            60lbs 8reps

-Superset With-

One Hand Cable Kickbacks
                            40lbs 13reps
                            50lbs 8reps**
                            50lbs 8reps**

Ab Workout
                            Dbc5's Ab Circuit Special

** - denotes a PR
                            ++ - denotes an increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not a PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                            I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible for me to have a bad arm workout during this log. I cannot remember the last time I left the gym after an arm day and didnt feel like I had an excellent workout. Today was not exception. I had a ridiculous pump in my arms and my MMC was incredible. I felt incredible when the workout was done and my arms were huge. I really wish I had a tape measure so I could have figured out how big they pumped up to. After crushing arms, I had an excellent ab workout, one of the better ones I have had in awhile

Workout Ratings
                            Energy/Focus: 9.25/10
                            *excellent focus and energy
                            *really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
                            Strength: 9/10
                            *excellent strength
                            Workout Overall: 9.25/10
                            *excellent arm workout and great pump

Green Mag Thoughts:
                            For some reason, Green Mag seems to be treating me the best on arm days. Thats not to say its not performing for other bodyparts, but there has just been something special about my arm days since I started this log. I love it, because lets be honest, who doesnt love a great arm workout. As far as my toe, it still hurts pretty bad and is definitely swollen, but if I tape it up, it doenst hurt TOO bad. This weeks measurements will be posted shortly.

Comment

• Week 9 Measurements

9 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 188.5lbs (+.5lbs)
                              Arms: 15.375"(+.125")
                              Chest: 40.75" (no change)
                              Shoulders: 47.875" (+.125")
                              Waist: 32.125" (no change)
                              Calves: 15.375" (no change)
                              Thighs: 24" (no change)
                              Forearms: 13" (no change)
                              Neck: 15.5" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
                              Really happy to be gaining again. That shows me that last week was just because of all the extra cardio I had done. Glad to see some more growth in my arms, which is obviously welcomed. Since I am starting school this Monday, I think I will add some extra calories to make up for the extra walking around campus.

Comment

• Day 64

Saturday Rest Day

I have decided that Green Mag slushies are a great way to kick off the day. It seriously is like a dessert for me. Even when I used to eat junk food and had things like slushies, I dont remember any flavors tasting as good as the Electric Lemonade Hulk Slushy. As far as today's plans, it should be a pretty easy day. I just want to try and enjoy the last few days I have before school starts on Monday .

Comment

Working...
                                X