Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG (New Electric Lemonade Flavor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 40 (Workout #28)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
    175lbs 10reps**
    175lbs 8reps
    180lbs 7reps

Dumbell Shoulder Press
    60lbs 9reps**
    60lbs 8reps
    65lbs 7reps**

Rear Delt Lat Raises
    35lbs 15reps**
    40lbs 15reps**
    40lbs 12reps

Side-to-Front/Front-to-Side Raises
    25lbs 8reps
    20lbs 10reps
    20lbs 10reps

Seated Dumbell Shrugs
    100lbs 25reps
    115lbs 20reps
    125lbs 20reps**

Ab Workout
    Variety of Hanging Lower Ab and Crunching movements

++: denotes and increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not PR)
    **: denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    Very happy with today's shoulder workout. My shoulders have been getting a nice increase in strength recently and it continued today. I set numerous PRs and felt really good doing so. My shoulders were pretty dead when I finished my workout. I dont know if this excercise really has a name, but the side-to-front raises are something that I have experimented with in the past and I really like them. They are done by performing a lat raise, then keeping your arms extended, bring the dumbells to the front, then slowly drop them down. The next rep brings the dumbell up in a front raise, then moves the dumbells out to the side, then slowly bring down. I finished up the workout with a little ab and oblique work.

Workout Ratings
    Energy/Focus: 9/10
    *ready to go as soon as I started
    Endurance: 9/10
    *no endurance issues at all
    Strength: 9/10
    *awsome strength increases today
    Workout Overall: 9/10
    *thrilled with today's session

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Today is the halfway point of this log, so I figured I would give some perspective on everything so far. Strength increases have been incredible, which is a combination of Green Mag as well as the fact that I have been bulking for a little while. This combo has resulted in my strength increasing quite significantly. I havnt had a bad workout for the past few weeks. Everything has been going great, and I am looking forward to each day in the gym. Because of this, I am locked in and extremly focused on every one of my workouts. So far, I couldnt ask for anything more from Green Mag. Of course my diet has played a very significant role in my awsome gains, but Green Mag has definently been a step up from the bulk CEE I was running before this log.

Comment

The Hulk is badass. I look forward to reading your logs just to see pictures of the Hulk at the end. My logs should soon have pictures of Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by NastyNally
        The Hulk is badass. I look forward to reading your logs just to see pictures of the Hulk at the end. My logs should soon have pictures of Batman.
        Ya, it gives me something cool to add to the end of each workout entry. Batman pictures would also be a sweet addition to any log.

Comment

Day 41 (Workout #29)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
          180lbs 20reps
          225lbs 10reps
          225lbs 8reps

Lying Leg Curls
          130lbs 12reps
          140lbs 10reps
          150lbs 8reps

Leg Extensions
          195lbs 12reps
          -dropset-
          185lbs 10reps
          -dropset-
          165lbs 8reps
          -dropset-
          150lbs 8reps

Hamstring Kickback Macine
          120lbs 15reps
          140lbs 15reps
          160lbs 15reps

Standing Calf Raises
          130lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)++
          130lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)
          140lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)

Seated Calf Raises
          115lbs 20reps
          115lbs 20reps
          115lbs 20reps

**-denotes a PR
          ++-denotes an increase in reps or weight from last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
          This morning, I woke up and my lower back was absolutly killing me. I have no idea what is wrong either. I would have thought I tweaked something doing dealifts, but I didnt have this pain yesterday (the day after I did deads). I dont recall feeling anything during my shoulder workout yesterday that would have caused any issues either. Something was really sore this morning though. I could have, and possibly should have passed on the workout today, but my stubborn ass wouldnt let that happen. The workout however, was definitely affected. I had to fight like hell to get through those squats and decided after them that I wasnt going to be doing any other heavy compound movements for the day. My back just couldnt take it. I decided instead to focus on isolation movements. To be honest, I am really happy with what I was able to get done all things considered. I was still able to meet all my numbers from the previous workout, and the dropset leg extensions left me with a crazy burn in my quads. I just really hope whatever is wrong with my back gets worked out by tomorrow.

Workout Ratings
          *my mind was there, my back just wasnt
          Endurance: 8.25/10
          *endurance was there, but intensity wasnt the same as a usual leg day
          Strength: 8/10
          *strength was there on the iso movements I did
          Workout Overall: 8/10
          *i was able to fight through and still get in some quality work

Green Mag Thoughts:
          I am happy that I was able to get through this workout. Even though it possibly wasnt the smartest idea, once I am in the gym, I refuse to let any excuse sidetrack my workout. I definently had to fight through some pain today, and I times I felt like I was fighting pain more then muscle fatigue. Obviously, the same intensity I normally enjoy on a leg day wasnt there since I couldnt do something like leg presses or hack squats. However, my legs do feel worked and now I am just going to spend the rest of the day resting my back.

Comment

Day 42 (Workout #30)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
            95lbs 10eps
            95lbs 9reps
            100lbs 7reps

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
            155lbs 10reps
            165lbs 10reps
            175lbs 8reps

Dumbell Curls
            45lbs 8reps
            45lbs 8reps
            50lbs 5reps**(dropset 30lbs)

-Superset With-

Tricep Pushdowns
            160lbs 14reps**
            170lbs 11reps**
            180lbs 9reps**(dropset 120lbs)

Cable Curls
            140lbs 9reps**
            140lbs 8reps++
            150lbs 6reps**

-Superset With-

Reverse Overhead Tricep Extensions
            90lbs 13reps
            100lbs 9reps
            110lbs 9reps**

Ab Workout
            Dbc5's Ab Circuit Special

** - denotes a PR
            ++ - denotes an increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not a PR)

Workout Thoughts:
            Another great arm workout. I was able to set a bunch of new PRs and had a crazy pump in my arms. They actually felt warm from all the blood for about 30 minutes after the workout was finished. I was really impressed by the new PRs on tricep pushdowns. I just set new PRs on that excercise last week, and this week I was able to increase the weight by 10lbs for each set and still get the same amount of reps. I feel like my strength is really shooting up right now in my triceps. I am also happy to report that the back pain I had yesterday was significantly less intense today. It is still somewhat tender, but the fact that the pain is less intense tells me that it isnt a super serious injury.

Workout Ratings
            *Great in both aspects
            Endurance: 9.5/10
            *Really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
            Strength: 9.5/10
            *Some great strength increases
            Workout Overall: 9.25/10
            *Awsome workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
            Once again, I had a really strong arm day. So far I am loving how everything is progress and for some reason, my strength has increased in my arms even more then anything else. Every single arm day, I go in almost expecting to set multiple PRs. I'm sure that having this mindset is only increasing my in gym intensity. On another note, this weeks updated measurements will be put up momentarilly.

Last edited by dbc5; 08-03-2007, 01:15 PM.

Comment

6 Week Measurements

6 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 187lbs (+1lbs)
              Arms: 15.25"(+.125")
              Chest: 40.625" (no change)
              Shoulders: 47.5" (+.125")
              Waist: 32" (no change)
              Calves: 15.375" (+.125")
              Thighs: 23.875" (+.125")
              Forearms: 12.875" (no change)
              Neck: 15.5" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
              I am thrilled with this weeks updates. This is the second week in a row in which I put on a pound without any gain in the waist. I also saw steady growth across several different bodyparts. I'm always pleased to see all around growth rather than in just one area. Everything seems to be right on now as far as diet is concerned, so I am not going to be adjusting anything this week.

Comment

Day 43

Saturday Rest Day

Took my Green Mag this morning before breakfast. When I woke up this morning, my back felt alot better then it did yesterday, and there is barely any soreness left. I will still take it easy this weekend, and get some ice on it, but I am glad it is feeling better. I went and saw The Bourne Ultimatum last night. I thought it was sweet and pretty much just as good as the previous two movies. Jason Bourne is a serious bad ass. Nothing too crazy planned for today, outside of icing the lower back.

Comment

Day 44

Sunday Rest Day

I tried to make my Green Mag slushie this morning. It came out pretty good, although I didnt add enough water to get the Mag to cover all of the ice. I will try to iron it out once again next weekend and once I find the perfect recipe, I will post it so that everyone can enjoy this icy treat . Not much else to report today. The back is still feeling progressivly better, and I think all the icing has really helped. I will give it some more ice treatment today so everything is hopefully good to go workout wise tomorrow.

Comment

Day 45 (Workout #31)

Monday Chest Workout

DB Flat Bench
                    90lbs 10reps
                    95lbs 7reps
                    95lbs 6reps

DB Incline Press
                    65lbs 8reps
                    70lbs 6reps
                    70lbs 6reps

Cybex Incline
                    4plates+50lbs 11reps
                    4plates+50lbs 10reps
                    4plates+50lbs 9reps

Decline Dumbell Press
                    75lbs 10reps**
                    80lbs 8reps**
                    80lbs 8reps**

Dips
                    BW+45lbs 11reps**
                    BW+45lbs 10reps
                    BW+45lbs 9reps

**- denotes a PR
                    ++- dentoes an increase in weight or reps over last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                    A very solid chest workout. I noticed that last week I started to shorten my range of motion on my dumbell presses near the end of the sets. Today I made sure I focused on getting a full range of motion from the first to last rep. This is probably part of the reason I didnt hit any PRs on DB incline or flat, but I definently felt like I did more work today then last week. I worked in decline DB presses this week, and set a new PR for them at 75lbs and then 80lbs. It was killer doing weighted dips immediatly following the decline presses. I was able to set a new PR on my first set, but I definently felt like I pushed it alot harder to get all my reps, especially on the second and third set. Concentrating on a full ROM and setting a couple PRs resulted in a crazy pump in my chest, one of the better chest pumps I have had in awhile.

Workout Ratings
                    Energy/Focus: 8.5/10
                    *good focus and energy was decent
                    *felt good throughout but was definently fatigued after doing decline and dips back to back
                    Strength: 8.5/10
                    *good strength today
                    Workout Overall: 8.5/10
                    *pleased with the workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                    Once again, my strength was there. Everything felt better then it did last week and I made sure I got full movement on everything. I was sort of upset that the cable station was used so I couldnt do cable flyes, but I subbed in the decline DBs instead. I really like cable flys because of the great stretch I get from them. Still felt good the whole workout and was again happy when I left the gym, which is something I have experienced alot latly.

Comment

Day 46 (Workout #32)

Tuesday Back Workout

Thumbless Grip Pullups
                      BW 12reps**
                      BW 10reps++
                      BW+25lbs 4.5reps
                      BW+20lbs 5reps
                      BW 8reps

Bent Over Barbell Rows
                      150lbs 12reps
                      155lbs 12reps
                      155lbs 10reps

One Arm Lat Pulldown
                      70lbs 10/10reps
                      75lbs 10/10reps
                      80lbs 10/10reps

Seated Cable Rows
                      150lbs 14reps**
                      165lbs 11reps**
                      165lbs 10reps++ (dropset 110lbs)

**- denotes a PR
                      ++- denotes an increase in either reps or weight from last workout (not a PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                      Very very pleased with today's workout. My back felt absolutly incredible by the time I was done in the gym. I did some extra pullups to kick off my workout and that definently got the blood flowing in the right direction. BB rows went well and I followed them up with some one arm lat pulldowns. I really felt good on these and had an awsome pump when I finished them. I capped off the back work with some seated cable rows, and was able to set a few new PRs on that. I didnt do any deads today because of the back injury I got last week. I wasnt about to reinjure myself, but I did think I would be able to do some lower back crunches. After trying a few reps, I felt some light pain in my lower back and decided I would be better off just letting the lower back have a week off. Despite no lower back work, my back felt incredible today.

Workout Ratings
                      *mind was on nothing but the weights
                      Endurance: 8.75/10
                      *great endurance
                      Strength: 8.5/10
                      *Good strength today
                      Workout Overall: 8.75/10
                      *great workout, my back felt awsome

Green Mag Thoughts:
                      The pump in my back was incredible today. Definitely one of the better back pumps I have had in awhile. I felt pretty good on my pullups and they started off my workout on a great note. I really like the thumbless grip on pullups because it really forces most of the pull to come from your lats. Set some new PRs at the end of my workout with the seated cable rows, which I was very happy about. I got 2 full reps more then my previous best at 150lbs, which is a very nice increase. All in all, I am still very happy with my progress.

Comment

you seem very well committed to this log
                        best i have seen in awhile
                        great progress so far
                        it looks by the lifting numbers anyway that you are on a mild ph or something
                        i know you are not but you should be the example to everyone that running a ph cycle is not necessary to make huge gains in 6 weeks
                        your numbers say it all bro
                        keep it up i am interested as to how you transform your body from day 1 to the last
                        be the green

Comment

Originally posted by Benderzzz
                          you seem very well committed to this log
                          best i have seen in awhile
                          great progress so far
                          it looks by the lifting numbers anyway that you are on a mild ph or something
                          i know you are not but you should be the example to everyone that running a ph cycle is not necessary to make huge gains in 6 weeks
                          your numbers say it all bro
                          keep it up i am interested as to how you transform your body from day 1 to the last
                          be the green
                          Thanks alot for the compliments. I completly agree that too many people underestimate what can be achieved through precise diet, well executed training, and total commitment. I'm thrilled if I can serve as an example for a few people. Once again, your kind words are appreciatted.

Comment

Day 47 (Workout #33)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
                            175lbs 11reps**
                            175lbs 8reps
                            180lbs 7reps

Dumbell Shoulder Presses
                            60lbs 9reps
                            60lbs 8reps
                            65lbs 7reps

Cable Rope Rear Delt Rows
                            80lbs 15reps
                            100lbs 15reps
                            120lbs 15reps

Lat Raises With Palms Pointed Back
                            15lbs 20reps++
                            20lbs 15reps++
                            20lbs 15reps++

Seated Dumbell Shrugs
                            125lbs 25reps**
                            125lbs 20reps
                            125lbs 20reps

Ab Workout
                            Variety of lower and upper ab movements

++: denotes and increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not PR)
                            **: denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
                            Felt great during today's shoulder work. My delts were really pumped and felt absolutly abused by the end of the workout. Set a couple of PRs on Smith Press and Dumbell Shrugs. My lat raises with the palms facing back also saw an increase in the amount of reps I was able to get. The rope cable rear delt rows were a new excercise for me, and I really liked them. I felt like they targetted my delts more exclusivly then anything else, including bent over lat raises. Here is a link to the excercise for nayone that doesnt know what they are. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...ainMuscle=Lats. They are the first excercise listed. All in all, a great workout.

Workout Ratings
                            Energy/Focus: 8/10
                            *good energy and focus
                            Endurance: 8.5/10
                            *solid endurance throughout
                            Strength: 8.25/10
                            *a couple good PRs
                            Workout Overall: 8.25/10
                            *An overall solid workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                            Another solid workout. Strength was up again as I was able to set a few new PRs. I also experienced some more great muscle pumps. The pumps I have been getting during this log have been very surprising since I am not using any "pump" supplements at this time. Nevertheless, I am getting some of the best pumps I have had in awhile. Im sure my high carb intake during this bulk is coming into play. Regardless, I am still very pleased with how everything has been going during this log.

Comment

Day 48 (Workout #34)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
                              180lbs 20reps
                              225lbs 10reps
                              225lbs 6reps

One Legged Leg Press
                              6plates 12reps
                              6plates 12reps
                              6plates+50lbs 12reps**

Lying Leg Curls
                              130lbs 15reps**
                              140lbs 10reps
                              150lbs 8reps

Leg Extensions
                              195lbs 15reps**
                              200lbs 12reps**
                              205lbs 10reps**

Standing Calf Raises
                              140lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)++
                              150lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)**
                              160lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)**

Seated Calf Raises
                              115lbs 20reps
                              115lbs 20reps
                              115lbs 20reps

**-denotes a PR
                              ++-denotes an increase in reps or weight from last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                              I will start off by saying that I have never gotten so nauseous during a workout before. I was almost concentraiting as much on keeping my food and supplements down as having a good workout. It was a terrible feeling, but at the same time, rewarding because I knew that meant I was pushing my limits. As far as the workout, I wasnt happy to feel some tightness in the lower back still on my squats, especially on the last set. It seems that the lower back, while not sore during the day at all, is still somewhat tender when put under stress. The rest of the workout was great though. OLLPs went great and I have a very intense burn in my quads by the end of each set. Im not sure what happened on the first set of Lying Leg Curls because I somehow beat my previous PR of 12 at 130lbs by three reps. I went back down to normal on the second and third set though. I then crushed my old PRs on leg extensions (195lbs for 12 reps was my PR before today). I also got some awsome calf work in and set some PRs on the standing calf raises.

Workout Ratings
                              *focus was on point
                              *feeling nauseous definently hurt the set to set rest length
                              Strength: 8.75/10
                              *would have been higher, but squat numbers were a little off
                              Workout Overall: 8.75/10
                              *sickness from intensity is a sure sign of a good workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                              More PRs today. Squats werent exactly what I wanted, but I think some of that has to do with lower back issues. Everything else went awsome and felt really strong. Leg extensions were particularly impressive, as were the increases in my standing calf presses. Minus the sickness I was feeling (a good sickness though), I felt great in the gym and like I was really on a mission to blast my legs.

Comment

Day 49 (Workout #35)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
                                95lbs 10eps
                                95lbs 10reps++
                                100lbs 8reps++

-Superset With-

Skull Crushers
                                155lbs 10reps
                                165lbs 10reps
                                185lbs 8reps**

Preacher Curls
                                85lbs 10reps++
                                95lbs 8reps
                                95lbs 8reps(dropset 30lbs)

-Superset With-

Rope Pushdowns (flared out at bottom)
                                120lbs 10reps**
                                120lbs 10reps**
                                130lbs 7reps**(dropset 100lbs)

Cable Curls
                                140lbs 10reps**
                                140lbs 8reps
                                150lbs 6reps

-Superset With-

Tricep Pushdowns
                                170lbs 12reps**
                                180lbs 9reps
                                180lbs 9reps

Ab Workout
                                Dbc5's Ab Circuit Special

** - denotes a PR
                                ++ - denotes an increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not a PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                                Thrilled with today's arm workout. I felt awsome the whole time with one of the best MMCs I have had in awhile. My MMC is normally really strong, but today, it was on a whole different level. I had a crazy pump the whole time that started right after my first set of BB curls. I was able to push out a few more rep PRs and also increased the weight on a few excercises. The intensity was there from start to finish, as was the focus. I was there to do absolutly nothing but shred my arms. I followed up the arm work with my ab circuit training, and it was brutal as usual. I left the gym extremly pleased with what I was able to accomplish.

Workout Ratings
                                Energy/Focus: 9.25/10
                                *excellent focus and energy
                                Endurance: 9.5/10
                                *really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
                                Strength: 9.5/10
                                *excellent strength
                                Workout Overall: 9.5/10
                                *thrilled with everything about the workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                                Green Mag is still treating me well. More strength increases and another extreme pump. I really dont think there is much more you can ask from a creatine product. I love seeing the numbers keep going up in my workout journal and watching the weight go up in the scale. There really is nothing better than a well executed bulk. On a side note, this weeks updated measurements will be posted shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X