Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG (New Electric Lemonade Flavor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Week Measurements

4 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 185lbs (+1lbs)
    Arms: 15" (no change)
    Chest: 40.5" (+.125")
    Shoulders: 47.25" (+.25")
    Waist: 32" (+.25")
    Calves: 15.25" (+.25")
    Thighs: 23.75" (+.125)
    Forearms: 12.75" (no change)
    Neck: 15.5" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
    Very happy with the measurements this week. I was able to put on another solid pound this week and increased in measurements in many different areas. Its always nice to see growth in many different places because you know that means you are getting all over growth instead of just one specific place. Hopefully the growth continues on into next week.

Comment

Day 29

Saturday Rest Day

Had my serving of Green Mag and followed it up with some oats and a protein shake. Nothing much on the schedule today, so I will probably play it by ear. Didn't wake up with too much soreness in my arms from yesterday's workout. Just a little in my triceps. My legs are still a little sore from crushing them on Thursday, but really arent as bad as I thought they would be. I really noticed a big decrease in soreness once I switched to Waxy Maize Starch a little bit before starting this log. Just though I would throw that out there.

Comment

Day 30

Sunday Rest Day

Took my Green Mag this morning before breakfast. I noticed I was getting low on a few things, so I think I am heading off to Sam's Club today to pick up some chicken, fish, tuna, and whatever else. Love buying stuff in bulk. Saves a ton of time and money.

Comment

Day 31 (Workout #21)

Monday Chest Workout

DB Flat Bench
          90lbs 9reps**
          95lbs 7reps**
          95lbs 6reps

DB Incline Press
          65lbs 8reps
          70lbs 6reps
          70lbs 6reps++

Cybex Incline
          4plates 15reps
          4plates+50lbs 11reps
          6plates 8reps**

One Arm Cable Crossover
          40lbs 10reps
          40lbs 8reps
          40lbs 8reps

Dips
          BW+25lbs 12reps
          BW+35lbs 11reps**
          BW+45lbs 8reps**(then dropset BW till failure)

**- denotes a PR
          ++- dentoes an increase in weight or reps over last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
          Today's workout was ridiculous. I think that eliminating the BB bench was exactly what I needed because today's workout was absolutly incredible. I knew I would set a PR with DB flats just because I was starting my workout with them, which I hadnt done in awhile. I was very surprised how easy 90lbs was though, and was able to break out the 95lbers. My strength on the Cybex Incline was awsome and I felt completly in control of the weight, even on my new PR, which was significantly better then my previous best. Probably the most insane part of the workout was my dips. Before today, I did all my dip work with a 25lb plate and would do 12, 10, 10. Today, the first set with 12 was so easy, so I decided to try a 35 for the second set. I got 11 with that and felt good doing it. Then I went with a 45lb plate and was able to get 8 perfect reps. I have no idea what happened today, but I loved it. Probably will stick with the DB instead for awhile now.

Workout Ratings
          Energy/Focus: 9.5/10
          *incredible focus
          Endurance: 9.5/10
          *stayed strong the entire workout
          Strength: 10/10
          *set some PRs that were significantly higher
          Workout Overall: 9.75/10
          *probably the best workout of the log

Green Mag Thoughts:
          Strength was incredible today. I seriously could not believe how much stronger I was on some of my lifts. Dips were the most remarkable of all because I made HUGE gains over my previous best. The pump in my chest at the end of my workout was insane and it is still extremly full right now. I think alot of my drastic improvement today was a factor of holding off on BB bench. There is just something going on there that doesnt make sense. Because I didnt have the disappointment hanging over me on that, my mind was much more positive and I crushed everything as a result.

Comment

Day 32 (Workout #22)

Tuesday Back Workout

Bent Over Barbell Rows
            150lbs 12reps
            155lbs 12reps
            155lbs 10reps

Lat Pulldown
            150lbs 8reps
            155lbs 8reps
            155lbs 8reps(dropset 130lbs)

Dumbell Rows
            80lbs 10reps
            80lbs 10reps
            85lbs 8reps

Seated Cable Rows
            150lbs 12reps**
            165lbs 9reps
            165lbs 8reps (dropset 110lbs)

Deadlifts
            275lbs 10reps**
            275lbs 10reps**
            315lbs 8reps**

Forearm Curls
            75lbs 20reps
            75lbs 20reps
            75lbs 15reps

**- denotes a PR
            ++- denotes an increase in weight over last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
            Another great back workout today. Deadlifts have been going awsome latly and I am getting noticably stronger on them each week. Today, I got 10reps on my first two sets, which was a new PR at 275, and it was not extremly difficult. I was then able to bust out 8 reps, which is another PR at 315 on my last set. I am definently bumping up the weight next week, which I am very happy about. The rest of the workout went well also. I was able to pull out an extra rep on my first set of cable rows and I got through everything else solidly (is that a word? ). I felt good and was happy with my workout, but the deadlifts really pushed it over the top.

Workout Ratings
            Energy/Focus: 8.25/10
            *focus was on point
            Endurance: 8.5/10
            *pretty good endurance today
            Strength: 9.25/10
            *strength felt great and more deadlift PRs
            Workout Overall: 9/10
            *great workout today

Green Mag Thoughts:
            Deadlift strength jumped a ton from last week. Every single rep felt significantly better then the week before. Its definently time to increase the weight on those next week. Everything else felt pretty good today. I felt stronger on my lat pulldowns, although I'm not ready to increase the weight yet. Cable Rows have been going up the last couple weeks and I was able to pull out one extra rep today. Strength has been awsome for most of this log and I'm really happy about it.

Comment

Day 33 (Workout #23)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Seated Military Press
              135lbs 12reps++
              145lbs 10reps++
              155lbs 7reps**

Smith Machine Upright Rows
              135lbs 12reps++
              140lbs 10reps**
              145lbs 8reps**

Seated Lat Raises
              25lbs 12reps
              25lbs 12reps
              30lbs 8reps (dropset 15lbs)

Bent Over Lat Raises
              35lbs 12reps
              35lbs 12reps
              40lbs 12reps** (dropset 15lbs)

Run The Rack Dumbell Shrugs
              125lbs 12reps
              115lbs 12reps
              105lbs 12reps
              95lbs 12reps
              85lbs 15reps
              75lbs 15reps
              65lbs 15reps
              55lbs 15reps

Ab Workout
              Variety of lower and upper ab movements

++: denotes and increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not PR)
              **: denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
              I had another great workout, which is definently something I have been enjoying alot of latly. I started off with the seated military press since I had been doing the smith machine version the past few weeks. I was able to set a new PR with that, so I was happy. Then I went over to the simth machine and set a new best rep count at 135lbs, then a PR at 140, followed by a new PR of 145lbs. From there, I did some seated and some bent over lat raises and really had a nice burn going on all angles of my delt. I finished off with a crazy trap workout. Based on a suggestion from Des over in his activate log, I did one set of run-the-rack dumbell shrugs. I started at my top weight, and worked my way down the rack 10lbs at a time. The only break I took between weights was placing the other dumbell down and grabbing the new ones. This was very intense and my traps are already nice and tight. Should make for some fun tomorrow .

Workout Ratings
              Energy/Focus: 9/10
              *ready to go as soon as I started
              Endurance: 9/10
              *no endurance issues at all
              Strength: 9/10
              *strength felt great today
              *very happy with today's session

Green Mag Thoughts:
              Great trip to the gym. I was happy to see some more numbers going up. My delts definently felt good and were burning very nicly, especially during the lat raises. The run-the-rack dumbell shrugs really taxed my endurance, but I was able to push through and stay strong the whole way. I definently recommend these by the way, although next time, I am going to go all the way down to 20lbs like Des suggested (I didnt because the next few sets of dumbells were being used). All in all, I am still bery happy with the strength numbers I am hitting.

Comment

Day 34 (Workout #24)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats (elaboration in workout thoughts)
                180lbs 20reps
                225lbs 10reps
                225lbs 8reps

Leg Press
                900lbs 12reps
                900lbs 12reps
                900lbs 12reps

Lying Leg Curls
                130lbs 12reps
                140lbs 10reps
                150lbs 8reps

Leg Ext
                195lbs 12reps**
                -dropset-
                185lbs 10reps
                -dropset-
                165lbs 8reps
                -dropset-
                150lbs 8reps

Standing Calf Raises
                120lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)++
                130lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)
                140lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)

Seated Calf Raises
                115lbs 20reps++
                115lbs 20reps
                115lbs 20reps

**-denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
                Todays workout was really really good. I had an intense pump in my legs when I was finished and it was definently affecting my ability to walk, haha. As far as squats go, I have finally worked out my form. The squat rack at my gym had lost its spot bars, so I really didnt have a consistent way to judge the depth of my squats. However, they found them the other day, so I was able to use those to judge how deep I was going. It turns out I was definently cheating as I got higer up in weight. I set the bars so that the barbell would just barely touch them when I went past parellel on my squats. I made sure I went all the way to this depth on each rep and it was more difficult for sure. I am going to forget about all the past numbers I have hit. From now on, today is my starting point. The other thing I really liked from today's workout was the Leg Extensions. I decided 4 consecutive dropsets without a rest and it was crazy. My legs were absolutly on fire when I was finished. This is something I might try to work in a few more times and vary how I do it. I think it definently has some growth potential. Really happy with today's workout.

Workout Ratings
                *completly focued on detroying my legs
                Endurance: 8.25/10
                *today's workout took longer then usual, although I didnt feel endurance was lacking
                Strength: 8.5/10
                *nothing to complain about
                *good workout with ridiculous leg pump

Green Mag Thoughts:
                Happy with today's workout. Strength was good on pretty much everything. I hadnt done leg presses for a few weeks, and it definently felt good to get back into them. As far as squats, i should be able to really reap the full benefits of them now. I definently wasnt going deep enough before, so now I should be able to accuratly judge strength increases in these. I set a new PR on leg extensions, which I was very happy about and I am starting to notice some added quad development. Definently a plus. I also thought I would let you guys know that my traps are very sore from the run-the-rack dumbell shrugs yesterday. Gotta love DOMS.

Comment

Day 35 (Workout #25)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
                  95lbs 10eps
                  95lbs 9reps
                  100lbs 7reps

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
                  155lbs 10reps
                  165lbs 10reps
                  175lbs 8reps

Preacher Curls
                  75lbs 12reps
                  95lbs 8reps
                  95lbs 8reps

-Superset With-

Tricep Cable Pushdown
                  150lbs 14reps**
                  160lbs 11reps**
                  170lbs 9reps**(dropset 120lbs)

Incline Dumbell Curls
                  35lbs 8reps
                  35lbs 8reps
                  35lbs 7reps

-Superset With-

Cable Tircep Kickbacks
                  50lbs 10reps
                  50lbs 10reps
                  50lbs 10reps

Ab Workout
                  Dbc5's Ab Circuit Special

** - denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
                  I had an absolutly insane pump today. This was possibly the best pump that I have ever had in my arms (including use of NO or glycerol). I am not using any kind of pump product, but for some reason I have been getting ridiculous pumps in my arms most of this log. I was shocked by the increase I made in my cable tricep pushdowns. The last time I did this excercise was 3 weeks ago, so I definently expected to see an increase in weight. However, I increased way more then expected. The last time I did them, I set a PR at 150lbs for 9 reps. I did my first set with the same weight a busted out 14reps. Then I went to 160lbs and still got 11reps. I finally went to 170lbs and got 9 reps, the same amount I got last time at 150lbs. I was really impressed by that progress. I finished off with my ab circuit, which was killer as usual.

Workout Ratings
                  *Great in both aspects
                  Endurance: 9.5/10
                  *Really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
                  Strength: 9.25/10
                  *Strength was there for sure
                  Workout Overall: 9.25/10
                  *Crazy pump and awsome workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                  As I mentioned above, I have been getting amazing pumps during this log, which I am very impressed by since I am not using any kind of pump product. I am assuming it is a combination of the added fullness from Green Mag and the high amount of carbs I am taking in on my bulk. I am still loving how everything is going. Strength keeps increasing for all muscle groups. I feel like I am making some definite progress. Speaking of progress, I will post my updated progress measurments in a little bit.

Comment

5 Week Measurements

5 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 186lbs (+1lbs)
                    Arms: 15.125"(+.125")
                    Chest: 40.625" (+.125")
                    Shoulders: 47.375" (+.125")
                    Waist: 32" (no change)
                    Calves: 15.25" (no change)
                    Thighs: 23.75" (no change)
                    Forearms: 12.875" (+.125")

Measurement Thoughts:
                    Extremly pleased with my measurements for this week. I put on a solid 1lb but did not increase any in my waist measurement. I made some good increases in several different places, which is something else that really made me happy. I didnt get any increase in my thighs, but I am noticing a definite improvement in my quad development, so i cant complain about that at all. Everything is still going great and it appears my calorie intake is spot on right now.

Comment

Originally posted by dbc5

5 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 186lbs (+1lbs)
                      Arms: 15.125"(+.125")
                      Chest: 40.625" (+.125")
                      Shoulders: 47.375" (+.125")
                      Waist: 32" (no change)
                      Calves: 15.25" (no change)
                      Thighs: 23.75" (no change)
                      Forearms: 12.875" (+.125")

Measurement Thoughts:
                      Extremly pleased with my measurements for this week. I put on a solid 1lb but did not increase any in my waist measurement. I made some good increases in several different places, which is something else that really made me happy. I didnt get any increase in my thighs, but I am noticing a definite improvement in my quad development, so i cant complain about that at all. Everything is still going great and it appears my calorie intake is spot on right now.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                        Haha, it looks like a bench press party.

Comment

Day 36

Saturday Rest Day

Woke up and went through the supplement protocol, which included my Green Mag. This is the only one I look forward to taking on off days. The rest of them are just the multi, glucosamine, and some bulk powders. I dont have to go into work today, so its a pretty open day. Not sure what I am going to do, but its pretty cloudy out and looks like it might rain, which sucks. Might try taking a nap later since outside isnt looking like an option.
                          Last edited by dbc5; 07-28-2007, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Day 37

Sunday Rest Day

When I took my Green Mag this morning, I threw in a few ice cubes and it really made for a refreshing morning drink. I think on my off day next Saturday, I'm going to throw a few ice cubes into my Magic Bullet and crush it up. Then I will toss in my Green Mag with a little water and have an electric lemonade slushy. Really looking forward to that. Its a pretty nice day out, so I plan to spend some time out there. I didnt get as much sleep as I would have liked last night, so I will catch up on that a little at some point today as well.

Comment

Day 38 (Workout #26)

Monday Chest Workout

DB Flat Bench
                              90lbs 10reps**
                              95lbs 7reps
                              95lbs 6reps

Incline Dumbell Press
                              65lbs 8reps
                              70lbs 6reps
                              70lbs 6reps

Cybex Incline
                              4 plates+2 25lbs plates 11reps++
                              4 plates+2 25lbs plates 10reps
                              6plates 6reps

Cable Flys
                              40lbs 15reps
                              50lbs 12reps**
                              60lbs 8reps**

Dips
                              BW+45lbs 10reps**
                              BW+45lbs 10reps**
                              BW+45lbs 9reps(then dropset BW till failure)

**- denotes a PR
                              ++- increase in weight or reps from last week (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                              Today's workout went very well. I again decided to not do the BB bench and opt for dumbells instead. I'm liking this alot and think I will continue for awhile. I was able to get an extra rep on my first set of flat bench, but that was the only place on increased on my db presses from last week. I moved on to the Cybex Incline press and concentrated on getting a very good stretch on the first two sets, before trying for more weight on the last set. I was really happy with my cable flys and then weighted dips. The flys felt awsome and I was able to set a couple new PRs. My chest was really pumped after these. Then I went on to dips and used a 45 plate on all three sets. I hadnt even used a 45plate for anything more then one set before today. I was able to set a new PR with 10 reps on the first two sets and then got 9 reps on the last. It was a really good trip to the gym and I am happy.

Workout Ratings
                              Energy/Focus: 8.5/10
                              *focus was good
                              Endurance: 8.5/10
                              *really good endurance as I was able to set some PRs with my last excercises
                              Strength: 8.75/10
                              *able to set a few PRs today
                              Workout Overall: 8.5/10
                              *happy with the workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                              More PRs is always a good thing. Strength was great and I got a crazy pump in my chest that is still there an hour and a half later. The increase in my dips these past couple weeks has been really surprising because it hasnt been a gradual increase, but a really fast a large jump. Cable flys felt great today as well. I hadnt done these for a couple weeks, so it felt great to get on them and feel alot stronger on each rep.

Comment

Day 39 (Workout #27)

Tuesday Back Workout

Thumbless Grip Pullups
                                BW 11reps
                                BW 9reps
                                BW 8reps

Bent Over Barbell Rows
                                150lbs 12reps
                                155lbs 12reps
                                155lbs 10reps

Hammer Grip Lat Pulldown
                                150lbs 8reps
                                160lbs 8reps**
                                160lbs 8reps**(dropset 130lbs)

Seated Cable Rows
                                150lbs 12reps
                                165lbs 10reps**
                                165lbs 9reps++ (dropset 110lbs)

Deadlifts
                                275lbs 10reps
                                295lbs 8reps++
                                315lbs 7reps

**- denotes a PR
                                ++- denotes an increase in either reps or weight from last workout (not a PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                                Another good workout. I really liked the thumbless grip pullups. I forgot who the original source of these was, but doing pullups this way, without wrapping your thumb around the bar, takes out alot of the forearm and bicep help that you normally get on pullups. This helps to really target the lats with each pull. I did these to start my workout and felt an awsome pump right away. I also switched up my routine a little bit. I went with a hammer grip on the lat pulldowns, which went really well. I find that I am able to get my lower lats more activated with this grip. I went on to set a couple PRs with my seated cable rows. Finally, I bumped up the weight on my second set of deadlifts, and still got my full amount of reps on my last set with 315lbs.

Workout Ratings
                                *mind was on nothing but the weights
                                Endurance: 8/10
                                *endurance was good
                                Strength: 8.5/10
                                *a couple rep PRs and an increase on 2nd deadlift set
                                Workout Overall: 8.5/10
                                *happy with the workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                                A few more increases and held strong on everything else. I switch up the order of a few things (threw in pullups before BB rows), but still managed to hit all my previous rep highs. My back was pumped like crazy at the end of my workout and it definently felt good. Tomorrow will be shoulders, and I am hoping to hit a few new PRs in that, since my strength has been going up on those the past few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X