Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG (New Electric Lemonade Flavor)

Default Day 24 (Workout #16)

Monday Chest Workout

Bench Press
    185lbs 12reps
    190lbs 9reps
    200lbs 6reps(dropset 135lbs)

Incline Dumbell Press
    65lbs 8reps
    70lbs 6reps**
    65lbs 7reps

Dumbell Flat Bench
    80lbs 7reps++
    80lbs 7reps++
    75lbs 7reps

Dips
    BW+25lbs 12reps**
    BW+25lbs 10reps
    BW+25lbs 10reps(then dropset BW till failure)

Dumbell Flys
    30lbs 12reps
    35lbs 12reps
    40lbs 10reps**

**- denotes a PR
    ++- increase in weight from last week (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
    I'm completly confused with what is going on with my BB benches. Today I didnt even attempt BB Incline Bench but I did do BB flat. My strength on both of my BB benches has been going down, and its pretty obvious. I even find myself cheating a little more to get the same amount of reps I did in the past. Normally I would question overtraining, but my strength is going up in all of my other chest excercises, like dumbell work and dips, and is also increasing for all my other muscle groups. Basically my BB benches are going down and everything else is going up, and I do not understand why. If anyone could help me out or has any idea why this is happening, let me know because it is really frustrating. I'm considering going to all DB work because continuing with something that keeps dropping is very discouraging and annoying.

Workout Ratings
    Energy/Focus: 8.5/10
    *woke up ready to lift and it carried into the workout
    Endurance: 8/10
    *felt pretty good throughout the workout
    Strength: 8/10
    *strength was good on everything except for BB bench
    Workout Overall: 8/10
    *Happy with everything except BB bench

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Set a few PRs today and also increased weight on a few other excercises, so strength again was good. There is just something strange going on with my flat BB bench, and I have no idea what it is. I know it isnt Green Mag because creatine doesnt selectivly choose one excercise to make you lose strength in and then make everything else increase. My strength is up, and growing at a faster rate then in the past, so I am definently pleased with Green Mag. I have a feeling there is something form wise going wrong with my bench that has gone wrong recently and Im just not picking up on it.

Default Day 25 (Workout #17)

Tuesday Back Workout

Bent Over Barbell Rows
    150lbs 12reps
    155lbs 12reps
    155lbs 10reps

Lat Pulldown
    150lbs 8reps
    155lbs 8reps
    155lbs 8reps(dropset 130lbs)

Straight One Arm Lat Pulldowns
    30lbs 7reps
    30lbs 6reps
    20lbs 10reps

Seated Cable Rows
    150lbs 11reps**
    165lbs 9reps**
    165lbs 8reps (dropset 110lbs)

Deadlifts
    275lbs 9reps
    275lbs 8reps
    315lbs 7reps**

Extreme Back Stretching
    3 sets held for 30 seconds each

**- denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    Workout today went amazing. My strength was great and my back felt incredible by the time I was finished. I held solid at the weights I increased on last week and felt better on them. Seated Cable Rows went very well and my strength was definently up, which resulted in a couple PRs on that. Then it was time for Deadlifts. I was disappointed last week because I really wanted to get 7 reps at 315lbs but came up short. Today, I knew I would get 7 as soon as I started my first set. I was pumping them out at 275 and honestly could have gotten at least an extra rep on each of my first two sets, but I wanted to make sure that I got 7 on my last set. I pushed through 315lbs and was pumped to get all 7 reps. I felt really good on them so I expect an increase in reps next week, at least on my first 2 sets for sure. At the end of my workout, my back was shredded and definently told me I had put in some good work.

Workout Ratings
    Energy/Focus: 9/10
    *mind was on nothing but the weights
    Endurance: 9/10
    *endurance was awsome, workout went really fast
    Strength: 9.25/10
    *strength felt great and a deadlift PR
    Workout Overall: 9.25/10
    *awsome workout today

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Deadlifts felt so good today and my strength was very obviously up. I loved the way I felt in the gym today and continue to see great increases on my back days. I have been completly in the zone for the last couple weeks. I always look forward to hitting the gym regardless, but now I am even more excited since it seems like I am hitting new PRs nearly everytime I go. This results in tremendous focus and drive, which only fuels a better workout. Loving the way everything is progressing right now.

Default Day 26 (Workout #18)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
    175lbs 9reps**
    175lbs 8reps
    180lbs 7reps** (dropset 135lbs)

Dumbell Shoulder Press
    60lbs 8reps**
    60lbs 8reps**
    65lbs 6reps**

Rear Delt Lat Raises
    35lbs 12reps
    35lbs 12reps
    40lbs 10reps** (dropset 25lbs)

Seated Lat Raises (Normal Hand Positioning)
    25lbs 12reps
    25lbs 12reps
    30lbs 8reps (dropset 15lbs)

Rear Barbell Shrugs
    245lbs 15reps
    255lbs 15reps
    275lbs 12reps (10sec hold last rep)

Ab Workout
    Variety of Hanging Lower Ab and Crunching movements

++: denotes and increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not PR)
    **: denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    Excellent workout today. Strength was through the roof and I set a ton of PRs. Smith Machine Presses, DB Presses, and Bent Over Rear Delt Raises all saw new bests, which I was thrilled about. I felt great my whole workout and ready to attack my next set. I normally do my shrugs with the BB in front of me, but I decided to switch it up a bit today and place the bar behind me. I felt like my lats got more work this way, but unfortunatly my ass gets in the way so I cant pull the bar up as far as I do on the front variety. I will probably switch around between these two, just for some variation. Overall, an excellent workout and easily my best shoulder workout of this log so far.

Workout Ratings
    *ready to go as soon as I started
    *no endurance issues at all
    Strength: 9.5/10
    *awsome strength increases today
    Workout Overall: 9.5/10
    *thrilled with today's session

Green Mag Thoughts:
    An amazing day in the gym. Strength was up across the board. Sometimes when you set new PRs, it is more a factor of just putting everything that you can into that extra rep and cheating it up a bit. This wasnt the case today. My strength was very noticably better, and I was able to keep great form on all the lifts that I set PRs on. Sure I had to work my ass off to get those extra reps up, but I was still able to get those extra reps without sacrificing my form. Its great when you can actually feel that your strength has improved and that was definently the case today.

Default Day 27 (Workout #19)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
    180lbs 20reps
    275lbs 12reps++
    275lbs 12reps

Front Squats
    135lbs 10reps
    155lbs 10reps
    175lbs 10reps

Smith Machine Hack Squats
    225lbs 10reps
    245lbs 10reps
    275lbs 10reps

Leg Ext
    175lbs 12reps++
    185lbs 12reps++
    195lbs 10reps**

Standing Calf Raises
    110lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)
    130lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)
    140lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)

Smith Machine Calf Presses
    275lbs 15reps
    275lbs 15reps
    275lbs 15reps

**-denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    The intensity of today's workout was absolutly ridiculous. I decided to incorporate three different squat varieties today and it trashed my legs. I started out with normal squats, and then went into some front squats. I had only done front squats one other time before, so I wasnt sure about the weight. I went a little too light on my first set, but the second and third felt really good. Then I went over to the smith machine and did some hack squats, which went really well, although I think I could go a little heavier on the first set for sure. One thing to note, my recorded weights for all smith machine excercises are treating the bar as if it were 45lbs like a normal bar. I realize that a smith machine bar weighs a good amount less, but standardizing everything makes it easier for me to track how many plates to throw on the bar with each workout. After doing all those squats, I was able to go on and set a PR on leg ext as well as increase weight on my first and second set. I also got in some great calf work and tried a different machine for my standing calf raises, which I like alot better. One other thing from my workout, this was the closest I have been to getting sick from excercising in awhile. I generally get a slight feeling of sickness by the end of a leg day, but today I literally had to fight it back a couple of times. Gotta love it.

Workout Ratings
    *completly focued on detroying my legs
    Endurance: 9.5/10
    *endurance was awsome, all things considered
    Strength: 8.5/10
    *felt pretty strong considering all the squats
    Workout Overall: 9.5/10
    *workout intensity was extreme

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Today's workout intensity was amazing and I expect some very intense DOMS tomorrow. While doing this many squats in one workout isnt something I would do very often, since it would likly lead to quckly overtraining, it resulted in an incredible trip to the gym and extreme leg workout. One thing that really impressed me today was that my strength seemed to not diminish, even though I was completly thrashing my legs. The fact that I hit a PR on my leg ext, after doing all those squats was very unexpected. Green Mag definently deserves some credit here.

Default Day 28 (Workout #20)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
    95lbs 10eps
    95lbs 9reps
    100lbs 8eps**

-Superset With-

Skull Crushers
    75lbs 10reps
    75lbs 10reps
    80lbs 10reps(dropset 55lbs)

EZ Bar Curl
    95lbs 9reps
    95lbs 7reps
    95lbs 6reps

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
    155lbs 10reps
    165lbs 10reps
    175lbs 8reps

One Arm Cable Curl
    50lbs 12reps
    60lbs 10reps
    70lbs 8reps

-Superset With-

One Arm Rope Tricep Pulldowns
    50lbs 12reps
    60lbs 8reps
    60lbs 8reps

Ab Workout
    Dbc5's Ab Circuit Special

** - denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    Another great arm workout. I felt very strong on everything and was able to set a new PR on my BB Curls. I think I would have set more PRs today, but I went with alot of new things that I havnt done before or is awhile. I had an incredible pump in my arms today which was very nice. Doing everything in superset fashion always gets the blood flowing. After completly blowing up my arms, I went into my weekly ab circuit that I do every Friday. They really suck, but it is an awsome feeling once I finish becasue I know I really pushed myself to the limit. Very good workout.

Workout Ratings
    *Great in both aspects
    *Really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
    *Strength was there for sure
    Workout Overall: 9/10
    *Really good workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
    As they have been throughout this log, my arms are really shinning as far as strength improvement goes. I am absolutly crushing them everytime I step into the gym on Friday. I find myself looking forward to each Friday a little more because of this. I am getting stronger in my other muscle groups as well, but the biggest jump since starting Green Mag has been in my arms without a doubt. On a side note, updated measurements and stats for this week will be posted shortly.

Default 4 Week Measurements

4 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 185lbs (+1lbs)
    Arms: 15" (no change)
    Chest: 40.5" (+.125")
    Shoulders: 47.25" (+.25")
    Waist: 32" (+.25")
    Calves: 15.25" (+.25")
    Thighs: 23.75" (+.125)
    Forearms: 12.75" (no change)
    Neck: 15.5" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
    Very happy with the measurements this week. I was able to put on another solid pound this week and increased in measurements in many different areas. Its always nice to see growth in many different places because you know that means you are getting all over growth instead of just one specific place. Hopefully the growth continues on into next week.

Default Day 29

Saturday Rest Day

Had my serving of Green Mag and followed it up with some oats and a protein shake. Nothing much on the schedule today, so I will probably play it by ear. Didn't wake up with too much soreness in my arms from yesterday's workout. Just a little in my triceps. My legs are still a little sore from crushing them on Thursday, but really arent as bad as I thought they would be. I really noticed a big decrease in soreness once I switched to Waxy Maize Starch a little bit before starting this log. Just though I would throw that out there.

Default Day 30

Sunday Rest Day

Took my Green Mag this morning before breakfast. I noticed I was getting low on a few things, so I think I am heading off to Sam's Club today to pick up some chicken, fish, tuna, and whatever else. Love buying stuff in bulk. Saves a ton of time and money.

Default Day 31 (Workout #21)

Monday Chest Workout

DB Flat Bench
    90lbs 9reps**
    95lbs 7reps**
    95lbs 6reps

DB Incline Press
    65lbs 8reps
    70lbs 6reps
    70lbs 6reps++

Cybex Incline
    4plates 15reps
    4plates+50lbs 11reps
    6plates 8reps**

One Arm Cable Crossover
    40lbs 10reps
    40lbs 8reps
    40lbs 8reps

Dips
    BW+25lbs 12reps
    BW+35lbs 11reps**
    BW+45lbs 8reps**(then dropset BW till failure)

**- denotes a PR
    ++- dentoes an increase in weight or reps over last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
    Today's workout was ridiculous. I think that eliminating the BB bench was exactly what I needed because today's workout was absolutly incredible. I knew I would set a PR with DB flats just because I was starting my workout with them, which I hadnt done in awhile. I was very surprised how easy 90lbs was though, and was able to break out the 95lbers. My strength on the Cybex Incline was awsome and I felt completly in control of the weight, even on my new PR, which was significantly better then my previous best. Probably the most insane part of the workout was my dips. Before today, I did all my dip work with a 25lb plate and would do 12, 10, 10. Today, the first set with 12 was so easy, so I decided to try a 35 for the second set. I got 11 with that and felt good doing it. Then I went with a 45lb plate and was able to get 8 perfect reps. I have no idea what happened today, but I loved it. Probably will stick with the DB instead for awhile now.

Workout Ratings
    Energy/Focus: 9.5/10
    *incredible focus
    *stayed strong the entire workout
    Strength: 10/10
    *set some PRs that were significantly higher
    Workout Overall: 9.75/10
    *probably the best workout of the log

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Strength was incredible today. I seriously could not believe how much stronger I was on some of my lifts. Dips were the most remarkable of all because I made HUGE gains over my previous best. The pump in my chest at the end of my workout was insane and it is still extremly full right now. I think alot of my drastic improvement today was a factor of holding off on BB bench. There is just something going on there that doesnt make sense. Because I didnt have the disappointment hanging over me on that, my mind was much more positive and I crushed everything as a result.

Default Day 32 (Workout #22)

Tuesday Back Workout

Bent Over Barbell Rows
    150lbs 12reps
    155lbs 12reps
    155lbs 10reps

Lat Pulldown
    150lbs 8reps
    155lbs 8reps
    155lbs 8reps(dropset 130lbs)

Dumbell Rows
    80lbs 10reps
    80lbs 10reps
    85lbs 8reps

Seated Cable Rows
    150lbs 12reps**
    165lbs 9reps
    165lbs 8reps (dropset 110lbs)

Deadlifts
    275lbs 10reps**
    275lbs 10reps**
    315lbs 8reps**

Forearm Curls
    75lbs 20reps
    75lbs 20reps
    75lbs 15reps

**- denotes a PR
    ++- denotes an increase in weight over last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
    Another great back workout today. Deadlifts have been going awsome latly and I am getting noticably stronger on them each week. Today, I got 10reps on my first two sets, which was a new PR at 275, and it was not extremly difficult. I was then able to bust out 8 reps, which is another PR at 315 on my last set. I am definently bumping up the weight next week, which I am very happy about. The rest of the workout went well also. I was able to pull out an extra rep on my first set of cable rows and I got through everything else solidly (is that a word? ). I felt good and was happy with my workout, but the deadlifts really pushed it over the top.

Workout Ratings
    Energy/Focus: 8.25/10
    *focus was on point
    Endurance: 8.5/10
    *pretty good endurance today
    *strength felt great and more deadlift PRs
    *great workout today

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Deadlift strength jumped a ton from last week. Every single rep felt significantly better then the week before. Its definently time to increase the weight on those next week. Everything else felt pretty good today. I felt stronger on my lat pulldowns, although I'm not ready to increase the weight yet. Cable Rows have been going up the last couple weeks and I was able to pull out one extra rep today. Strength has been awsome for most of this log and I'm really happy about it.

Default Day 33 (Workout #23)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Seated Military Press
    135lbs 12reps++
    145lbs 10reps++
    155lbs 7reps**

Smith Machine Upright Rows
    135lbs 12reps++
    140lbs 10reps**
    145lbs 8reps**

Seated Lat Raises
    25lbs 12reps
    25lbs 12reps
    30lbs 8reps (dropset 15lbs)

Bent Over Lat Raises
    35lbs 12reps
    35lbs 12reps
    40lbs 12reps** (dropset 15lbs)

Run The Rack Dumbell Shrugs
    125lbs 12reps
    115lbs 12reps
    105lbs 12reps
    95lbs 12reps
    85lbs 15reps
    75lbs 15reps
    65lbs 15reps
    55lbs 15reps

Ab Workout
    Variety of lower and upper ab movements

++: denotes and increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not PR)
    **: denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    I had another great workout, which is definently something I have been enjoying alot of latly. I started off with the seated military press since I had been doing the smith machine version the past few weeks. I was able to set a new PR with that, so I was happy. Then I went over to the simth machine and set a new best rep count at 135lbs, then a PR at 140, followed by a new PR of 145lbs. From there, I did some seated and some bent over lat raises and really had a nice burn going on all angles of my delt. I finished off with a crazy trap workout. Based on a suggestion from Des over in his activate log, I did one set of run-the-rack dumbell shrugs. I started at my top weight, and worked my way down the rack 10lbs at a time. The only break I took between weights was placing the other dumbell down and grabbing the new ones. This was very intense and my traps are already nice and tight. Should make for some fun tomorrow .

Workout Ratings
    *ready to go as soon as I started
    *no endurance issues at all
    Strength: 9/10
    *strength felt great today
    *very happy with today's session

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Great trip to the gym. I was happy to see some more numbers going up. My delts definently felt good and were burning very nicly, especially during the lat raises. The run-the-rack dumbell shrugs really taxed my endurance, but I was able to push through and stay strong the whole way. I definently recommend these by the way, although next time, I am going to go all the way down to 20lbs like Des suggested (I didnt because the next few sets of dumbells were being used). All in all, I am still bery happy with the strength numbers I am hitting.

Default Day 34 (Workout #24)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats (elaboration in workout thoughts)
    180lbs 20reps
    225lbs 10reps
    225lbs 8reps

Leg Press
    900lbs 12reps
    900lbs 12reps
    900lbs 12reps

Lying Leg Curls
    130lbs 12reps
    140lbs 10reps
    150lbs 8reps

Leg Ext
    195lbs 12reps**
    -dropset-
    185lbs 10reps
    -dropset-
    165lbs 8reps
    -dropset-
    150lbs 8reps

Standing Calf Raises
    120lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)++
    130lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)
    140lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)

Seated Calf Raises
    115lbs 20reps++
    115lbs 20reps
    115lbs 20reps

**-denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    Todays workout was really really good. I had an intense pump in my legs when I was finished and it was definently affecting my ability to walk, haha. As far as squats go, I have finally worked out my form. The squat rack at my gym had lost its spot bars, so I really didnt have a consistent way to judge the depth of my squats. However, they found them the other day, so I was able to use those to judge how deep I was going. It turns out I was definently cheating as I got higer up in weight. I set the bars so that the barbell would just barely touch them when I went past parellel on my squats. I made sure I went all the way to this depth on each rep and it was more difficult for sure. I am going to forget about all the past numbers I have hit. From now on, today is my starting point. The other thing I really liked from today's workout was the Leg Extensions. I decided 4 consecutive dropsets without a rest and it was crazy. My legs were absolutly on fire when I was finished. This is something I might try to work in a few more times and vary how I do it. I think it definently has some growth potential. Really happy with today's workout.

Workout Ratings
    *completly focued on detroying my legs
    Endurance: 8.25/10
    *today's workout took longer then usual, although I didnt feel endurance was lacking
    *nothing to complain about
    *good workout with ridiculous leg pump

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Happy with today's workout. Strength was good on pretty much everything. I hadnt done leg presses for a few weeks, and it definently felt good to get back into them. As far as squats, i should be able to really reap the full benefits of them now. I definently wasnt going deep enough before, so now I should be able to accuratly judge strength increases in these. I set a new PR on leg extensions, which I was very happy about and I am starting to notice some added quad development. Definently a plus. I also thought I would let you guys know that my traps are very sore from the run-the-rack dumbell shrugs yesterday. Gotta love DOMS.

Default Day 35 (Workout #25)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
    95lbs 10eps
    95lbs 9reps
    100lbs 7reps

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
    155lbs 10reps
    165lbs 10reps
    175lbs 8reps

Preacher Curls
    75lbs 12reps
    95lbs 8reps
    95lbs 8reps

-Superset With-

Tricep Cable Pushdown
    150lbs 14reps**
    160lbs 11reps**
    170lbs 9reps**(dropset 120lbs)

Incline Dumbell Curls
    35lbs 8reps
    35lbs 8reps
    35lbs 7reps

-Superset With-

Cable Tircep Kickbacks
    50lbs 10reps
    50lbs 10reps
    50lbs 10reps

Ab Workout
    Dbc5's Ab Circuit Special

** - denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    I had an absolutly insane pump today. This was possibly the best pump that I have ever had in my arms (including use of NO or glycerol). I am not using any kind of pump product, but for some reason I have been getting ridiculous pumps in my arms most of this log. I was shocked by the increase I made in my cable tricep pushdowns. The last time I did this excercise was 3 weeks ago, so I definently expected to see an increase in weight. However, I increased way more then expected. The last time I did them, I set a PR at 150lbs for 9 reps. I did my first set with the same weight a busted out 14reps. Then I went to 160lbs and still got 11reps. I finally went to 170lbs and got 9 reps, the same amount I got last time at 150lbs. I was really impressed by that progress. I finished off with my ab circuit, which was killer as usual.

Workout Ratings
    *Great in both aspects
    *Really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
    *Strength was there for sure
    Workout Overall: 9.25/10
    *Crazy pump and awsome workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
    As I mentioned above, I have been getting amazing pumps during this log, which I am very impressed by since I am not using any kind of pump product. I am assuming it is a combination of the added fullness from Green Mag and the high amount of carbs I am taking in on my bulk. I am still loving how everything is going. Strength keeps increasing for all muscle groups. I feel like I am making some definite progress. Speaking of progress, I will post my updated progress measurments in a little bit.

Default 5 Week Measurements

5 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 186lbs (+1lbs)
    Arms: 15.125"(+.125")
    Chest: 40.625" (+.125")
    Shoulders: 47.375" (+.125")
    Waist: 32" (no change)
    Calves: 15.25" (no change)
    Thighs: 23.75" (no change)
    Forearms: 12.875" (+.125")

Measurement Thoughts:
    Extremly pleased with my measurements for this week. I put on a solid 1lb but did not increase any in my waist measurement. I made some good increases in several different places, which is something else that really made me happy. I didnt get any increase in my thighs, but I am noticing a definite improvement in my quad development, so i cant complain about that at all. Everything is still going great and it appears my calorie intake is spot on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dbc5

5 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 186lbs (+1lbs)
    Arms: 15.125"(+.125")
    Chest: 40.625" (+.125")
    Shoulders: 47.375" (+.125")
    Waist: 32" (no change)
    Calves: 15.25" (no change)
    Thighs: 23.75" (no change)
    Forearms: 12.875" (+.125")

Measurement Thoughts:
    Extremly pleased with my measurements for this week. I put on a solid 1lb but did not increase any in my waist measurement. I made some good increases in several different places, which is something else that really made me happy. I didnt get any increase in my thighs, but I am noticing a definite improvement in my quad development, so i cant complain about that at all. Everything is still going great and it appears my calorie intake is spot on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    Haha, it looks like a bench press party.

Default Day 36

Saturday Rest Day

Woke up and went through the supplement protocol, which included my Green Mag. This is the only one I look forward to taking on off days. The rest of them are just the multi, glucosamine, and some bulk powders. I dont have to go into work today, so its a pretty open day. Not sure what I am going to do, but its pretty cloudy out and looks like it might rain, which sucks. Might try taking a nap later since outside isnt looking like an option.
    Last edited by dbc5; 07-28-2007 at 10:54 AM.

Default Day 37

Sunday Rest Day

When I took my Green Mag this morning, I threw in a few ice cubes and it really made for a refreshing morning drink. I think on my off day next Saturday, I'm going to throw a few ice cubes into my Magic Bullet and crush it up. Then I will toss in my Green Mag with a little water and have an electric lemonade slushy. Really looking forward to that. Its a pretty nice day out, so I plan to spend some time out there. I didnt get as much sleep as I would have liked last night, so I will catch up on that a little at some point today as well.

Default Day 38 (Workout #26)

Monday Chest Workout

DB Flat Bench
    90lbs 10reps**
    95lbs 7reps
    95lbs 6reps

Incline Dumbell Press
    65lbs 8reps
    70lbs 6reps
    70lbs 6reps

Cybex Incline
    4 plates+2 25lbs plates 11reps++
    4 plates+2 25lbs plates 10reps
    6plates 6reps

Cable Flys
    40lbs 15reps
    50lbs 12reps**
    60lbs 8reps**

Dips
    BW+45lbs 10reps**
    BW+45lbs 10reps**
    BW+45lbs 9reps(then dropset BW till failure)

**- denotes a PR
    ++- increase in weight or reps from last week (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
    Today's workout went very well. I again decided to not do the BB bench and opt for dumbells instead. I'm liking this alot and think I will continue for awhile. I was able to get an extra rep on my first set of flat bench, but that was the only place on increased on my db presses from last week. I moved on to the Cybex Incline press and concentrated on getting a very good stretch on the first two sets, before trying for more weight on the last set. I was really happy with my cable flys and then weighted dips. The flys felt awsome and I was able to set a couple new PRs. My chest was really pumped after these. Then I went on to dips and used a 45 plate on all three sets. I hadnt even used a 45plate for anything more then one set before today. I was able to set a new PR with 10 reps on the first two sets and then got 9 reps on the last. It was a really good trip to the gym and I am happy.

Workout Ratings
    Energy/Focus: 8.5/10
    *focus was good
    Endurance: 8.5/10
    *really good endurance as I was able to set some PRs with my last excercises
    Strength: 8.75/10
    *able to set a few PRs today
    Workout Overall: 8.5/10
    *happy with the workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
    More PRs is always a good thing. Strength was great and I got a crazy pump in my chest that is still there an hour and a half later. The increase in my dips these past couple weeks has been really surprising because it hasnt been a gradual increase, but a really fast a large jump. Cable flys felt great today as well. I hadnt done these for a couple weeks, so it felt great to get on them and feel alot stronger on each rep.

Default Day 39 (Workout #27)

Tuesday Back Workout

Thumbless Grip Pullups
    BW 11reps
    BW 9reps
    BW 8reps

Bent Over Barbell Rows
    150lbs 12reps
    155lbs 12reps
    155lbs 10reps

Hammer Grip Lat Pulldown
    150lbs 8reps
    160lbs 8reps**
    160lbs 8reps**(dropset 130lbs)

Seated Cable Rows
    150lbs 12reps
    165lbs 10reps**
    165lbs 9reps++ (dropset 110lbs)

Deadlifts
    275lbs 10reps
    295lbs 8reps++
    315lbs 7reps

**- denotes a PR
    ++- denotes an increase in either reps or weight from last workout (not a PR)

Workout Thoughts:
    Another good workout. I really liked the thumbless grip pullups. I forgot who the original source of these was, but doing pullups this way, without wrapping your thumb around the bar, takes out alot of the forearm and bicep help that you normally get on pullups. This helps to really target the lats with each pull. I did these to start my workout and felt an awsome pump right away. I also switched up my routine a little bit. I went with a hammer grip on the lat pulldowns, which went really well. I find that I am able to get my lower lats more activated with this grip. I went on to set a couple PRs with my seated cable rows. Finally, I bumped up the weight on my second set of deadlifts, and still got my full amount of reps on my last set with 315lbs.

Workout Ratings
    *mind was on nothing but the weights
    Endurance: 8/10
    *endurance was good
    *a couple rep PRs and an increase on 2nd deadlift set
    Workout Overall: 8.5/10
    *happy with the workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
    A few more increases and held strong on everything else. I switch up the order of a few things (threw in pullups before BB rows), but still managed to hit all my previous rep highs. My back was pumped like crazy at the end of my workout and it definently felt good. Tomorrow will be shoulders, and I am hoping to hit a few new PRs in that, since my strength has been going up on those the past few weeks.

Thread Information