Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG (New Electric Lemonade Flavor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 8

Saturday Rest Day

I took my serving of Green Mag this morning before my breakfast (protein shake and a big bowl of oats, mmmm). I still absolutly love the taste and look forward to it whenever I get to stir some up. Nothing else interesting to report today. Shoulde be a solid day of food a rest. Will probably try to catch up on some extra sleep. Recovery day FTW!!!

Comment

Day 9

Sunday Rest Day

Woke up and took my serving of Green Mag (tasted great as usual), then downed a protein shake and cooked up some oats. Today will be a solid rest and recovery day. Yes they are essential, but sometime I wish they weren't. Honestly wish I could just attack the weights everyday. Nothing else to report. Looking forward to hitting chest tomorrow.

Comment

Day 10 (Workout #6)

Monday Chest Workout

Bench Press
        205lbs 6reps
        205lbs 6reps
        195lbs 7reps

Incline Press
        160lbs 8reps
        160lbs 8reps
        155lbs 7reps

Dumbell Inclines
        65lbs 8reps
        65lbs 8reps
        70lbs 5reps**

Dumbell Flat Bench
        80lbs 6reps
        75lbs 7reps
        75lbs 6reps

Dips
        BW+25lbs 10reps
        BW+25lbs 10reps
        BW+25lbs 10reps(then dropset BW till failure)

Ab Workout
        3sets of Weighted Leg Lifts, Ab Crunch Machine, and Cable Oblique Twists

**- denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts: Good chest workout. Still stuck on both my barbell Bench and Incline press though. However, I was able to set a new PR on my dumbell inclines. I felt strong on my first two sets of them (normally I can only get 7 reps, but today I got 8 on both of them) so I decided to bump up the weight and was able to push out 5 reps of 70lbs on my last set. I dont normally do both DB Inclines and Flats in the same workout because I find that my strength suffers on whichever I do second. However, I decided to throw in the flats after the inclines and still managed to get some decent work. Had I done them first, I would have pushed more weight, but I was reasonably happy with what I got, all things considered. I am expecting some decent chest soreness tomorrow, but we will have to see.

Workout Ratings
        Energy/Focus: 7.5/10
        *A bit better than average but nothing exceptional
        Endurance: 8/10
        *Felt pretty good throughout the workout
        Strength: 8/10
        *Felt really strong on my DB Inclines
        Workout Overall: 7.75/10
        *Pretty good workout

Green Mag Thoughts: Set a new PR today, so that always is the sign of a good workout. However, I still am somewhat caught in a BB bench and incline plateau. Hopefully Green Mag can help me break through this plateau in the next few weeks. Chest was very pumped today, especially after the dropset of dips that I finished my chest off with. Got in some pretty good ab work at the end of my training session also. Still looking forward to my daily glass of Electric Lemonade as well.

Comment

Day 11 (Workout #7)

Tuesday Back Workout

Bent Over Barbell Rows
          145lbs 12reps
          150lbs 12reps
          155lbs 10reps**

Lat Pulldown
          135lbs 12reps
          135lbs 12reps
          140lbs 10reps

DB Rows
          75lbs 10reps
          75lbs 10reps
          80lbs 10reps

Cable Rows
          150lbs 10reps
          150lbs 9reps
          165lbs 8reps

Deadlifts
          275lbs 9reps
          275lbs 8reps
          315lbs 6reps**

**- denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
          Another very good workout. I set two new PR's today. One on Bent Over Barbell Rows and the other on DEADLIFTS(just for you 5-6[no homo ]). I could not believe how strong I felt on my Barbell Rows to kick off the workout. Normally I can only get 10 at 150lbs which I did for my final set. However, today I did 12 for my second set, and then was able to bump up the weight to 155lbs and still get 10reps. Lat Pulldowns went about as expected and Cable Rows went pretty well. Today was the first time I have done DB Rows in a real long time, so I didnt go extremly heavy and was more worried about nailing down the form on them. This was probably the most weight I have ever done with them, but thats because I havnt done them in so long (when I was much weaker). I should be able to bump up the weight next time I do them. Then there were deadlifts. I knew I was going to hit 6 reps at 315lbs after my very first rep at 275lbs. I was able to get 9 reps on that first set (one extra from last week). When it came time for my final set at 315lbs, I tore through the first 5 and then powered through the 6th. It felt really good.

Workout Ratings
          Energy/Focus: 8.5/10
          *felt good in both of these aspects
          *good endurance throughout
          Strength: 9/10
          *2 PR's in one workout, enough said
          Workout Overall: 9/10
          *Very good workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
          My strength continues to improve. I have already set a pretty fair amount of PR's in the short time since starting Green Mag. Everything is going very well in the gym. I have had great focus pretty much everyday of this log and endurance has been awsome as well (Purple Wraath gets some of the credit in that aspect). I have been very happy with the results I have been getting already and hope they continue. Hoping to see more improved numbers during tomorrow's shoulder workout.

Comment

Day 12 (Workout #8)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Barbell Upright Rows
            95lbs 10reps
            95lbs 10reps
            95lbs 8reps

Dumbell Shoulder Presses
            60lbs 7reps
            60lbs 7reps
            60lbs 7reps

Bent Over Lat Raises
            30lbs 12reps
            30lbs 12reps
            30lbs 12reps

Seated Front Raises
            25lbs 12reps
            25lbs 15reps
            30lbs 10reps (dropset 20lbs)

Barbell Shrugs
            245lbs 15reps
            255lbs 15reps
            275lbs 12reps (last rep held 10sec)

Ab Workout
            Various upper and lower ab targeting movements

Workout Thoughts:
            My usual gym was closed for the holiday, however, another gym near my house was open. I didnt increase weight on anything today, but I still felt like I had a pretty good workout. The benches at this gym, that I used for my DB Presses and Seated Raises felt really weird and definently played a role in not being able to increase weight on those excercises. The benches were extremly low to the ground and so my knees were really high and I didnt feel like I could get a good base with my feet. There was no way to adjust the bench height either. I hated them, but thats why I dont usually go to this gym. It at least felt good to be able to get a workout in today, so I cant complain too much. I also think that I will be able to increase some weight on a few things next week. Despite the change of scenery, I still felt like I got a pretty solid workout in, all things considered.

Workout Ratings
            Energy/Focus: 8/10
            *felt pretty good in both of these aspects
            *endurance was good throughout
            Strength: 7/10
            *nothing mind blowing in the strength department
            Workout Overall: 7.5/10
            *Decent Workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
            I didnt increase weight or reps on anything today, but my strength still felt pretty good. I am pretty sure I will be able to increase weight on a few things, or at least reps, once I get back into my own gym next week. Endurance and focus were pretty solid today. It wasnt my best workout of the log, but it wasnt terrible. Hopefully I can really get back into it tomorrow with a strong leg day.

Comment

Day 13 (Workout #9)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
              180lbs 20reps
              225lbs 15reps
              275lbs 6reps

Leg Presses (Higher+Wider Foot Placement)
              12plates 12reps
              16plates 12reps
              16plates 12reps

Lying Leg Curls
              130lbs 12reps
              140lbs 10reps
              150lbs 8reps

Leg Ext
              170lbs 12reps
              175lbs 12reps
              185lbs 12reps**

Standing Calf Raises
              250lbs 10reps(final rep held 10secs)

Seated Calf Raises
              100lbs 20reps
              115lbs 20reps**
              115lbs 20reps**

**-denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
              Happy with how today's workout went. Legs felt completly worked by the time I was done in the gym. Some people may notice that on my final set of squats, the number of reps went down from last week. That is because I realized that I had been cheating with my depth on squats. Sure I was getting 10reps before, but I wasnt getting a full, deep squat in. Today, I made sure that I went deep and despite getting less reps, my legs definently felt more worked. I then tried a different positioning with my feet on the leg press. I placed my feet up higher and spread them out more. I also pointed my toes a little more outward. I had to drop the weight by 2 plates on each side, but I still got an awsome burn, especially on the top outside of my quads. I then went on to set a new PR on my leg extensions as well as on my seated calf raises, so i definently was happy with that. I finished off with some good stretching to try and aleviate the leg DOMS.

Workout Ratings
              Energy/Focus: 9/10
              *felt locked in and ready to go today
              Endurance: 9/10
              *endurance was awsome today
              Strength: 9/10
              *2 PR's today and worked on some new leg presses
              Workout Overall: 9/10
              *Great workout in terms of strength and intensity

Green Mag Thoughts:
              Still loving my Green Mag. When you combine the taste, results, and price for what your getting, it is already one of my favorite creatine products. My strength was awsome again today and I have noticed that my endurance has been better since adding Green Mag. The combination of Mag and Purple Wraath is awsome in this regard. I am really happy with the PRs that I have been setting and hope that my strength keeps improving the way it is. Really looking forward to my arm workout tomorrow since I increased weight in so many excercises last week. Also will be updating my measurements tomorrow.

Comment

Sounding awesome so far !!

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                  Sounding awesome so far !!

Yep, I am thrilled with how everything has been going.

Comment

Day 14 (Workout #10)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
                    95lbs 10eps
                    95lbs 9reps
                    100lbs 7eps

-Superset With-

Skull Crushers
                    75lbs 10reps
                    75lbs 10reps
                    80lbs 10reps(dropset 55lbs)

Dumbell Curls
                    45lbs 8reps**
                    45lbs 8reps**
                    45lbs 7reps(dropset 25lbs)

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
                    155lbs 10reps
                    165lbs 10reps
                    175lbs 8reps

Cable Curl
                    130lbs 10reps**
                    140lbs 7reps**
                    140lbs 7reps**

-Superset With-

Tricep Cable Pushdowns
                    150lbs 9reps**
                    150lbs 8reps
                    150lbs 8reps(dropset 100lbs)

Ab Workout
                    Ab Circuit consisting of Weighted Hanging Knee Raises, Ab Crunch Machine, Hanging Leg Raises, and Weighted Decline Russian Twists. A circuit consists of going through all 4 excercises (15reps) with no break between them. After completing all four excercises (a circuit), I take a sip of my Purple Wraath, and then go straight into the next circuit. I go through 3 circuits before stopping. These are ridiculous (highly recommended).

** - denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts: Today was the second straight week with an incredible arm workout. I met all of the PRs that I set last week and set new PRs on DB curls, Cable Curls and Tricep Pushdowns. I also threw in a few dropsets after my last set to go along with my constant supersetting. Needless to say, my arm workout today was extremly intense. I had an absolutly massive pump today, one of the best I have had (remember I am not using any type of pump product right now). My arms were completly toasted by the end of my workout. Then it was time for my ab circuit. These things suck sooo bad, and I was exhausted and dripping with sweat by the time I was done. Its such a good feeling once you finish a circuit. I was absolutly thrilled with how today went.

Workout Ratings
                    Energy/Focus: 9.5/10
                    *Great in both aspects
                    Endurance: 9.5/10
                    *Really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
                    Strength: 9.5/10
                    *Strength was great again today
                    Workout Overall: 9.5/10
                    *Incredible workout today

Green Mag Thoughts: My strength has been incredible on arms the past two weeks. These have easily been 2 of the best arm workouts I have ever had. I have to give Green Mag some credit here. My arms have made the most obvious strength increases, but I have also felt really good with my legs, shoulders, and back as well. I am still hoping to see some strength increases for my chest, but with all the other gains I am making, I cannot complain and am thrilled by what I have been getting from Green Mag so far.

Comment

2 Week Measurements

2 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 182.5lbs (+.25lbs)
                      Arms: 15" (+.125")
                      Chest: 40.375" (no change)
                      Shoulders: 46.75" (no change)
                      Waist: 31.5" (no change)
                      Calves: 15" (no change)
                      Thighs: 23.5" (+.25")
                      Forearms: 12.75" (+.125")
                      Neck: 15.5" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
                      I am actually somewhat confused by this weeks measurements. According to the scale, I have only gone up .25lbs. However, I went up in my measurements on arms and forearms. Aslo my waist is up slightly, although not a full .125", so I didnt record it. At first I thought perhaps I had lost some fat and that is why I made gains despite not much scale change. However, my waist measurement doesnt indicate this. I can only think two things are responsible. One could be that the increase in my waist is actually a factor of lower back growth, and that is why the measurement went up. This could mean that I did lose some fat. The other possibility is that the scale at my gym got messed up somehow and is reading light. I guess we will have to see what happens next week.

Comment

Day 15

Saturday Rest Day

I took my serving of Green Mag this morning before my breakfast (protein shake and a big bowl of oats, mmmm). I wish that CL would sell this flavoring in a powder with no creatine or anything in it, just so I could drink this stuff throughout the day. My bad knee is really hurting me for some reason this week. I first noticed it geting sore on Tuesday after my deadlifts. It didnt really hurt too bad during my leg day on Thursday, but it got really sore last night. My knee tends to do this every few months. I will have no problems with it for awhile and then for a week or two it will bother me. Hopefully these two days off will be enough time for it to recover.

Comment

Keep up the good work...I might have to pick up some Green Mag soon if you keep getting these good results.

Comment

Originally posted by dbc5

2 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 182.5lbs (+.25lbs)
                            Arms: 15" (+.125")
                            Chest: 40.375" (no change)
                            Shoulders: 46.75" (no change)
                            Waist: 31.5" (no change)
                            Calves: 15" (no change)
                            Thighs: 23.5" (+.25")
                            Forearms: 12.75" (+.125")
                            Neck: 15.5" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
                            I am actually somewhat confused by this weeks measurements. According to the scale, I have only gone up .25lbs. However, I went up in my measurements on arms and forearms. Aslo my waist is up slightly, although not a full .125", so I didnt record it. At first I thought perhaps I had lost some fat and that is why I made gains despite not much scale change. However, my waist measurement doesnt indicate this. I can only think two things are responsible. One could be that the increase in my waist is actually a factor of lower back growth, and that is why the measurement went up. This could mean that I did lose some fat. The other possibility is that the scale at my gym got messed up somehow and is reading light. I guess we will have to see what happens next week.
                            Not bad !!!

Comment

Day 17 (Workout 11)

Monday Chest Workout

Bench Press
                              210lbs 6reps*
                              205lbs 6reps
                              195lbs 7reps

Incline Press
                              160lbs 8reps
                              160lbs 8reps
                              155lbs 7reps

Dumbell Flat Bench
                              80lbs 6reps
                              75lbs 8reps*
                              75lbs 8reps*

Lying Cable Crossovers
                              40lbs 10reps
                              50lbs 8reps
                              40lbs 8reps

Dips
                              BW+25lbs 10reps
                              BW+25lbs 10reps
                              BW+25lbs 10reps(then dropset BW till failure)

Extreme Chest Stretching
                              Did two sets held for 30 second each.
                              Here is where I am getting these stretches from, compliments Pt
                              http://www.t-nation.com/portal_inclu...1stretch2.html

Ab Workout
                              3sets of Weighted Knee Lifts and Weighted Ball Crunches with feet up on a bench (takes away ability to balance with feet)

*- increase in weight from last week (not PR)

Workout Thoughts: Alright, I made a pretty bad decision today. My triceps still had a really good amount of soreness from last friday's workout (I absolutly killed them because I have never had soreness this long, even in legs). I was thinking about doing back today instead of chest so that my triceps could get a little more rest. However, I didnt want to be doing chest and shoulders or shoulders and arms on back to back days, because that has resulted in bad workouts in the past. So i decided that I would just push through my chest workout anyway. It definently wasnt a good decision. It was most obvious on my dumbell presses. I would be pushing up a weight and then i would just feel my tricep completly give out its strength and the weight would just come down. I still increased in some weights from last week but I definently would have gotten a better workout had I been fully recovered in my tris.

Workout Ratings
                              Energy/Focus: 8/10
                              *Energy and Focus were there, too bad my triceps werent
                              *Felt pretty good throughout the workout
                              Strength: 7/10
                              *Definently could have and should have been better
                              Workout Overall: 7.5/10
                              *Ehhhhh

Green Mag Thoughts: My triceps were still sore from last Friday's arm workout, which shows just how intense it really was. As I mentioned above, even my legs are never sore for three days after a workout and this is more then just slight pain. They are some pretty serious DOMS still. Unfortunatly, I couldnt fully test my chest strength today because of this, although I did increase on my first set of BB bench. My bench has been really weird latly. It seems like anything over 200lbs, I can only get 6 reps no matter what. For example, my first set I did 210lbs and then backed it down to 205lbs for my second. Even though the first rep at 205 felt significantly lighter then at 210, I still could only get 6. It feels like I am getting stuck by endurance more then strength. Its sorta weird. I might start doing a little higher rep work next week and see what that does for me. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevio
                                Keep up the good work...I might have to pick up some Green Mag soon if you keep getting these good results.
                                Ya, I am really liking it so far. I seem to be responding to this creatine really well and for the taste and the price, you cant really go wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X