Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG (New Electric Lemonade Flavor)

Default Day 13 (Workout #9)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
    180lbs 20reps
    225lbs 15reps
    275lbs 6reps

Leg Presses (Higher+Wider Foot Placement)
    12plates 12reps
    16plates 12reps
    16plates 12reps

Lying Leg Curls
    130lbs 12reps
    140lbs 10reps
    150lbs 8reps

Leg Ext
    170lbs 12reps
    175lbs 12reps
    185lbs 12reps**

Standing Calf Raises
    250lbs 10reps(final rep held 10secs)

Seated Calf Raises
    100lbs 20reps
    115lbs 20reps**
    115lbs 20reps**

**-denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    Happy with how today's workout went. Legs felt completly worked by the time I was done in the gym. Some people may notice that on my final set of squats, the number of reps went down from last week. That is because I realized that I had been cheating with my depth on squats. Sure I was getting 10reps before, but I wasnt getting a full, deep squat in. Today, I made sure that I went deep and despite getting less reps, my legs definently felt more worked. I then tried a different positioning with my feet on the leg press. I placed my feet up higher and spread them out more. I also pointed my toes a little more outward. I had to drop the weight by 2 plates on each side, but I still got an awsome burn, especially on the top outside of my quads. I then went on to set a new PR on my leg extensions as well as on my seated calf raises, so i definently was happy with that. I finished off with some good stretching to try and aleviate the leg DOMS.

Workout Ratings
    Energy/Focus: 9/10
    *felt locked in and ready to go today
    Endurance: 9/10
    *endurance was awsome today
    Strength: 9/10
    *2 PR's today and worked on some new leg presses
    Workout Overall: 9/10
    *Great workout in terms of strength and intensity

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Still loving my Green Mag. When you combine the taste, results, and price for what your getting, it is already one of my favorite creatine products. My strength was awsome again today and I have noticed that my endurance has been better since adding Green Mag. The combination of Mag and Purple Wraath is awsome in this regard. I am really happy with the PRs that I have been setting and hope that my strength keeps improving the way it is. Really looking forward to my arm workout tomorrow since I increased weight in so many excercises last week. Also will be updating my measurements tomorrow.

Sounding awesome so far !!

Quote Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    Sounding awesome so far !!

Yep, I am thrilled with how everything has been going.

Default Day 14 (Workout #10)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
    95lbs 10eps
    95lbs 9reps
    100lbs 7eps

-Superset With-

Skull Crushers
    75lbs 10reps
    75lbs 10reps
    80lbs 10reps(dropset 55lbs)

Dumbell Curls
    45lbs 8reps**
    45lbs 8reps**
    45lbs 7reps(dropset 25lbs)

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
    155lbs 10reps
    165lbs 10reps
    175lbs 8reps

Cable Curl
    130lbs 10reps**
    140lbs 7reps**
    140lbs 7reps**

-Superset With-

Tricep Cable Pushdowns
    150lbs 9reps**
    150lbs 8reps
    150lbs 8reps(dropset 100lbs)

Ab Workout
    Ab Circuit consisting of Weighted Hanging Knee Raises, Ab Crunch Machine, Hanging Leg Raises, and Weighted Decline Russian Twists. A circuit consists of going through all 4 excercises (15reps) with no break between them. After completing all four excercises (a circuit), I take a sip of my Purple Wraath, and then go straight into the next circuit. I go through 3 circuits before stopping. These are ridiculous (highly recommended).

** - denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts: Today was the second straight week with an incredible arm workout. I met all of the PRs that I set last week and set new PRs on DB curls, Cable Curls and Tricep Pushdowns. I also threw in a few dropsets after my last set to go along with my constant supersetting. Needless to say, my arm workout today was extremly intense. I had an absolutly massive pump today, one of the best I have had (remember I am not using any type of pump product right now). My arms were completly toasted by the end of my workout. Then it was time for my ab circuit. These things suck sooo bad, and I was exhausted and dripping with sweat by the time I was done. Its such a good feeling once you finish a circuit. I was absolutly thrilled with how today went.

Workout Ratings
    Energy/Focus: 9.5/10
    *Great in both aspects
    Endurance: 9.5/10
    *Really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
    Strength: 9.5/10
    *Strength was great again today
    Workout Overall: 9.5/10
    *Incredible workout today

Green Mag Thoughts: My strength has been incredible on arms the past two weeks. These have easily been 2 of the best arm workouts I have ever had. I have to give Green Mag some credit here. My arms have made the most obvious strength increases, but I have also felt really good with my legs, shoulders, and back as well. I am still hoping to see some strength increases for my chest, but with all the other gains I am making, I cannot complain and am thrilled by what I have been getting from Green Mag so far.

Default 2 Week Measurements

2 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 182.5lbs (+.25lbs)
    Arms: 15" (+.125")
    Chest: 40.375" (no change)
    Shoulders: 46.75" (no change)
    Waist: 31.5" (no change)
    Calves: 15" (no change)
    Thighs: 23.5" (+.25")
    Forearms: 12.75" (+.125")
    Neck: 15.5" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
    I am actually somewhat confused by this weeks measurements. According to the scale, I have only gone up .25lbs. However, I went up in my measurements on arms and forearms. Aslo my waist is up slightly, although not a full .125", so I didnt record it. At first I thought perhaps I had lost some fat and that is why I made gains despite not much scale change. However, my waist measurement doesnt indicate this. I can only think two things are responsible. One could be that the increase in my waist is actually a factor of lower back growth, and that is why the measurement went up. This could mean that I did lose some fat. The other possibility is that the scale at my gym got messed up somehow and is reading light. I guess we will have to see what happens next week.

Default Day 15

Saturday Rest Day

I took my serving of Green Mag this morning before my breakfast (protein shake and a big bowl of oats, mmmm). I wish that CL would sell this flavoring in a powder with no creatine or anything in it, just so I could drink this stuff throughout the day. My bad knee is really hurting me for some reason this week. I first noticed it geting sore on Tuesday after my deadlifts. It didnt really hurt too bad during my leg day on Thursday, but it got really sore last night. My knee tends to do this every few months. I will have no problems with it for awhile and then for a week or two it will bother me. Hopefully these two days off will be enough time for it to recover.

Keep up the good work...I might have to pick up some Green Mag soon if you keep getting these good results.

Quote Originally Posted by dbc5

2 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 182.5lbs (+.25lbs)
    Arms: 15" (+.125")
    Shoulders: 46.75" (no change)
    Waist: 31.5" (no change)
    Calves: 15" (no change)
    Thighs: 23.5" (+.25")
    Forearms: 12.75" (+.125")

Measurement Thoughts:
    I am actually somewhat confused by this weeks measurements. According to the scale, I have only gone up .25lbs. However, I went up in my measurements on arms and forearms. Aslo my waist is up slightly, although not a full .125", so I didnt record it. At first I thought perhaps I had lost some fat and that is why I made gains despite not much scale change. However, my waist measurement doesnt indicate this. I can only think two things are responsible. One could be that the increase in my waist is actually a factor of lower back growth, and that is why the measurement went up. This could mean that I did lose some fat. The other possibility is that the scale at my gym got messed up somehow and is reading light. I guess we will have to see what happens next week.
    Not bad !!!

Default Day 17 (Workout 11)

Monday Chest Workout

Bench Press
    210lbs 6reps*
    205lbs 6reps
    195lbs 7reps

Incline Press
    160lbs 8reps
    160lbs 8reps
    155lbs 7reps

Dumbell Flat Bench
    80lbs 6reps
    75lbs 8reps*
    75lbs 8reps*

Lying Cable Crossovers
    40lbs 10reps
    50lbs 8reps
    40lbs 8reps

Dips
    BW+25lbs 10reps
    BW+25lbs 10reps
    BW+25lbs 10reps(then dropset BW till failure)

Extreme Chest Stretching
    Did two sets held for 30 second each.
    Here is where I am getting these stretches from, compliments Pt
    http://www.t-nation.com/portal_inclu...1stretch2.html

Ab Workout
    3sets of Weighted Knee Lifts and Weighted Ball Crunches with feet up on a bench (takes away ability to balance with feet)

*- increase in weight from last week (not PR)

Workout Thoughts: Alright, I made a pretty bad decision today. My triceps still had a really good amount of soreness from last friday's workout (I absolutly killed them because I have never had soreness this long, even in legs). I was thinking about doing back today instead of chest so that my triceps could get a little more rest. However, I didnt want to be doing chest and shoulders or shoulders and arms on back to back days, because that has resulted in bad workouts in the past. So i decided that I would just push through my chest workout anyway. It definently wasnt a good decision. It was most obvious on my dumbell presses. I would be pushing up a weight and then i would just feel my tricep completly give out its strength and the weight would just come down. I still increased in some weights from last week but I definently would have gotten a better workout had I been fully recovered in my tris.

Workout Ratings
    Energy/Focus: 8/10
    *Energy and Focus were there, too bad my triceps werent
    Endurance: 8/10
    *Felt pretty good throughout the workout
    Strength: 7/10
    *Definently could have and should have been better
    Workout Overall: 7.5/10
    *Ehhhhh

Green Mag Thoughts: My triceps were still sore from last Friday's arm workout, which shows just how intense it really was. As I mentioned above, even my legs are never sore for three days after a workout and this is more then just slight pain. They are some pretty serious DOMS still. Unfortunatly, I couldnt fully test my chest strength today because of this, although I did increase on my first set of BB bench. My bench has been really weird latly. It seems like anything over 200lbs, I can only get 6 reps no matter what. For example, my first set I did 210lbs and then backed it down to 205lbs for my second. Even though the first rep at 205 felt significantly lighter then at 210, I still could only get 6. It feels like I am getting stuck by endurance more then strength. Its sorta weird. I might start doing a little higher rep work next week and see what that does for me. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevio
    Keep up the good work...I might have to pick up some Green Mag soon if you keep getting these good results.
    Ya, I am really liking it so far. I seem to be responding to this creatine really well and for the taste and the price, you cant really go wrong.

Not bad !!!
    Ya, I wish I woulda put on some more weight, so I think I am increasing calories a bit this week.

Default Day 18 (Workout #12)

Tuesday Back Workout

Bent Over Barbell Rows
    145lbs 12reps
    155lbs 12reps**
    155lbs 10reps

Lat Pulldown
    150lbs 8reps
    155lbs 8reps**
    155lbs 8reps**(dropset 130lbs)

Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns
    110lbs 6reps
    100lbs 8reps
    100lbs 8reps

DBRows
    80lbs 10reps
    80lbs 10reps
    85lbs 8reps**

Deadlifts
    275lbs 9reps
    275lbs 8reps
    315lbs 6reps

Extreme Back Stretching
    2 sets held for 30 seconds each

**- denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    I was very happy with my back workout today. I felt really good on my Bent Over BB Rows and was able to set a PR on my second set. I also decided to go heavier today on my lat pulldowns instead of the slightly higher reps I had been using. This resulted in a PR at 155lbs for 8reps. Followed that up with some Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns and then some DB Rows. DB Rows are a newer excercise for me so I am still working out the form. I did set a PR, but that is more based on the fact that I am just starting to work them out and slowly adding weight. I wasnt sure whether I was going to do deadlifts today or not because of my knee. However, it felt pretty good during the workout and the other excercise I was considering instead of deads was occupied. I felt awsome on my first set and thought that I might set a PR on my last set. However, I was only able to meet the PR that I set last week. Hopefully I can get an extra rep in next week.

Workout Ratings
    *felt good in both of these aspects
    *endurance was awsome, workout went really fast
    Strength: 8.5/10
    *good strength and set a few PRs
    Workout Overall: 8.5/10
    *solid back workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
    My strength keeps going up. I have noticed a big improvement in my back and arms in particular, since starting Green Mag. I had hit a bit of a plateau in all my lifts before starting this log, so seeing the numbers going back in a positive direction is very welcomed. I hope that my knee is fully recovered for next week because I definently feel like a PR is in order with my deadlifts. I still have some slight soreness in my triceps today, but its much lighter then yesterday and could be a factor of yesterdays chest work. My chest has some pretty good DOMS today though. Looking forward to tomorrows shoulder work.

Default Day 19 (Workout #13)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Dumbell Shrugs
    120lbs 15reps(10sec hold on final rep)
    125lbs 12reps(10sec hold on final rep)
    125lbs 15reps(10sec hold on final rep)**

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
    175lbs 8reps
    175lbs 8reps
    175lbs 7reps(dropset 135lbs)

Upright Smith Row
    135lbs 10reps++
    135lbs 9reps
    140lbs 9reps (dropset 95lbs)**

Seated Lat Raises (palms facing back)
    20lbs 12reps
    15lbs 15reps
    15lbs 15reps

Rear Delt Lat Raises
    30lbs 15reps++
    35lbs 12reps**
    35lbs 12reps**

Extreme Shoulder Stretching
    3 sets held for 30 seconds

Ab Workout
    3 sets of Hanging Leg Raises and Cable Crunches

++: denotes and increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not PR)
    **: denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    Overall I was pretty pleased with today's workout. I normally like to do my trap work at the very end of my workout, but everything I wanted to use when I first got into the gym was occupied, so I just grabbed some DBs and did some shrugs. I followed that up with some work on the Smith Machine. My shoulder presses felt easier then that last time I did them, but I wasnt able to increase anything with them. My upright rows went very well and I was able to get an extra rep on my first set and a PR with 9 reps at 140lbs on the last set. I felt incredible on the rear delt raises and was able to jump up 5lbs from before and still get the same amount of reps. The only negative with today's workout was some elbow pain that started about halfway through my workout. I have some glucosamine on the way, so I am going to start dosing that and see if it helps any with the joint pain.

Workout Ratings
    *felt pretty good in both of these aspects
    Endurance: 8/10
    *endurance was good throughout
    Strength: 8.5/10
    *strength was good today and I set a couple PRs
    Workout Overall: 8.25/10
    *Good workout overall

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Good strength today, which I was very happy about. I was able to increase weight or reps on a few excercises and I felt like I was right on the brink of being able to increase on a few others. So far I have been thrilled by the strength increases I have gotten while on Green Mag. Everything is going great and I am very happy with Mag so far. Looking ahead, tomorrow is a leg day. I am thinking of doing an all one leg day. I might do squats normally, and then do everything else one leg at a time. I like doing this every once in awhile because it switches it up and helps keep your legs symmetrical.

Awesome

Awesome
    Thanks man.

Default Day 20 (Workout #14)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
    180lbs 20reps
    225lbs 15reps
    275lbs 12reps

Single Leg Presses
    6plates 12reps
    6plates 12reps
    6plates 12reps

Lying Single Leg Curls
    60lbs 12reps
    70lbs 10reps
    70lbs 10reps

Single Leg Ext
    80lbs 12reps
    85lbs 12reps
    90lbs 12reps

Standing Single Calf Raises
    70lbs 12reps(final rep held 10secs)
    80lbs 10reps(final rep held 10secs)
    50lbs 15reps(final rep held 10secs)

Seated Single Calf Raises
    50lbs 20reps
    55lbs 20reps
    55lbs 20reps

**-denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    Today's workout went incredibly well. Outside of squats, I decided to do everything one leg at a time. I do this every once in awhile just to make sure both legs are getting equal work. It went great today and both of my legs were absolutly fried by the time I was finished. At one point, I stepped down off the standing calf machine and almost fell down because both my legs were just rubber. I felt really good on my squats today. I was trying to concentrate on going low on each rep. I know I did a good job on my first two sets. I think I was going low on my last set, but it felt somewhat easy which worries me that I am not going down all the way. I really thought I was, but it felt alot lighter then last week. Maybe I am just getting stronger and thats why it felt lighter then in the past. Either way, my legs were worked extremly hard today and I am expecting some intense DOMS.

Workout Ratings
    *felt locked in and ready to go today
    *workout went extremly fast considering everything was done twice
    *Felt really really strong today
    *Great workout in terms of strength and intensity

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Green Mag continues to treat me very well. I have definently felt stronger during this log, which I am obviously excited about. Im honestly not sure if I set any PRs today or not because the last time I did an all single leg workout, it was at a different gym, and all the weights on their machines were different. I know that I felt really strong on everything though. Tomorrow is arm day again, which is were I have been seeing the best strength increase, so I am looking forward to seeing if that continues.

Default Day 21 (Workout #15)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
    95lbs 10eps
    95lbs 9reps
    100lbs 7eps

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
    155lbs 10reps
    165lbs 10reps
    175lbs 8reps

Dumbell Curls
    45lbs 8reps
    45lbs 8reps
    50lbs 4reps(dropset 30lbs)

-Superset With-

DB Overhead Tricep Presses
    70lbs 12reps
    80lbs 10reps
    85lbs 8reps

DB Incline Curl
    35lbs 8reps
    35lbs 8reps
    35lbs 8reps - 25lbs 5reps - 20lbs 5reps - 15lbs 5reps - 10lbs 10reps

-Superset With-

Lying (Chest Flat) DB Tricep Kickbacks
    25lbs 12reps
    25lbs 12reps
    25lbs 8reps - 20lbs 10reps - 15lbs 10reps - 12.5lbs 10reps - 10lbs 10reps

Ab Workout
    Hanging Knee Raises and Decline Crunches, 3 sets of each

** - denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
    No PRs today, but I still had a really good workout. As usual, I superset biceps and triceps and had a ridiculous pump as a result. The pump was so strong that I couldnt get my arms all the way up on my dropset of DB curls. I decided to try out the DB Tricep Overhead Presses, which I hadnt done in a really long time because they always used to hurt my left shoulder (i seperated it a couple years ago and have issues with it on a few lifts). It was alright on the first set, but started to hurt on the second one and killed on the third. On both those sets, I stopped more because my shoulder hurt, rather then the muscles were exhausted. I dont think I will be using these excercises anymore. The best part of this workout was the crazy dropset/pyramid that I finished off my incline DB curls and ticep kickbacks with. My arms were on fire once I was finished with those. Really happy with todays workout.

Workout Ratings
    *Great in both aspects
    *Really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
    *Strength was very good today
    *Really liked the workout

Green Mag Thoughts: Another good workout, although this is the first time I didnt increase weight in the past couple weeks. Hopefully I can increase on a few things next week. I did attempt to move up to 50lbs dumbells, which would be a PR, but I dont count anything as a PR unless I get 5 reps with it. Hopefully I can get it next week. The dropset/pyramid things I did at the end of my workout really put my endurance to the test, but I got through them surprisingly strong. This weeks updated measurements will be posted soon.

Side Note From the Gym Today: I saw a guy in the gym today that deserves a ton of respect and is also incredibly motivational. I walked in and saw 365lbs on the bench, which is pretty impressive in itself. Then I saw this guy walk over to it and my jaw dropped. The dude had a prosthetic leg. He then proceeded to lay down, prop both legs up in the air, and start repping the weight. It was tremendous to see that this guy hadnt let something so unfortunate get him down. Seeing stuff like that only helps fuel the fire.

Default 3 Week Measurements

3 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 184lbs (+1.5lbs)
    Arms: 15" (no change)
    Shoulders: 47" (+.25")
    Waist: 31.75" (+.25")
    Calves: 15.25" (+.25")
    Thighs: 23.625" (+.125)
    Forearms: 12.75" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
    Very happy with the measurements this week. Looks like the increase in calories was exactly what I needed. I did have a .25" increase in my waist, but considering that I was able to put on 1.5lbs this week, I can deal with that. Increased on pretty much every measurement except for arms and chest. My arms have gotten some really good growth in the last few weeks though, so I can deal with that. Overall, very happy.

Default Day 22

Saturday Rest Day

Woke up this morning and enjoyed my refreshing glass of lemonade while I waited for my oats to cook. Nothing really exciting planned for today. Should get in some really good rest. Might get in some stretching later, but my legs really arent that sore today, which is surprising considering how good my leg day was on Thursday. Pretty nice day out, so will probably spend some time out there, just not sure what I will be doing yet.

Default Day 23

Sunday Rest Day

Like usual, I had my Green Mag as soon as I woke up, followed by my breakfast. We have a ton of stuff to do around the house today, so I will probably be lifting stuff and moving it around for most of the day. Not exactly the optimal rest day, but what am i going to do. Outside of that my diet should be on point today and everything else is going well.

Thread Information