Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG (New Electric Lemonade Flavor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 76 (Workout #54)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
    225lbs 9reps
    225lbs 7reps
    275lbs 1rep
    135lbs 20reps of pulse squats++

Leg Press
    600lbs 12reps
    690lbs 12reps

One Legged Leg Press
    200lbs 12reps

Leg Ext
    200lbs 12reps++
    205lbs 11reps++
    210lbs 11reps

Lying Leg Curls
    160lbs 10reps
    160lbs 8reps
    160lbs 6reps

Calf Extensions
    190lbs 20reps++
    200lbs 15reps++
    200lbs 15reps++

Seated Calf Raises
    100lbs 15reps++
    100lbs 11reps++
    100lbs 10reps++

**-denotes a PR
    ++-denotes an increase in reps or weight from last workout (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
    Another solid leg day. The thing I was most happy about was the squats. Now you might look at these numbers and notice I am actually down a rep on my first two sets. So why am I happy? Because I made sure the I went BELOW parallel on each and every rep today. I always go at least parallel on my squats, but I generally go below parallel for the first few reps, but start just going parallel as the set wears on. Today, I decided that I was going to continue going below parallel all the way through, and made sure that I did so. Even though I was one rep short of last week, my legs felt like they took a much stronger beating. I increased on Leg Extensions, which I was happy about. You also may noticed that I went up on all my calf excercises, but thats because I was still trying to feel it out last week, so these are more accurate numbers.

Workout Ratings
    Energy/Focus: 8.75/10
    *focus was on point
    Endurance: 9/10
    *felt strong the whole workout
    Strength: 9/10
    *strength was good
    Workout Overall: 8.75/10
    *legs were pumped like crazy

Green Mag Thoughts:
    Another solid leg day. As I said above, I was very happy with my squats. My 275lb rep was really good because I went VERY deep on it. I generally go parallel to slightly below parallel on my heavy reps, but I took it really deep and really pushed to get it up. It felt great to be able to push that one out, just because I did go so low on it. I felt really good on leg extensions and calf felt solid as well. Very satisfied with the workout.

Comment

• Day 77 (Workout #55)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
      95lbs 10eps
      95lbs 10reps
      100lbs 7reps

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
      155lbs 9reps
      155lbs 8reps
      155lbs 7reps

Preacher Curls
      85lbs 10reps
      85lbs 7reps
      85lbs 7reps

-Superset With-

Bench Dips
      45lbs 12reps
      45lbs 12reps
      45lbs 12reps

One Arm Cable Curls
      60lbs 7reps
      60lbs 5reps
      50lbs 6reps

-Superset With-

Tricep Pushdowns
      170lbs 8reps
      160lbs 8reps**
      160lbs 7reps**

Ab Workout
      Dbc5's Ab Circuit Special

** - denotes a PR
      ++ - denotes an increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not a PR)

Workout Thoughts:
      Solid arm day today. I focued on keeping form tight and getting a solid squeeze on each rep. One other note is that I headed back to the gym I used all summer for today's workout. This is something I think I will do from now on on Fridays. My reasoning is simple. I dont have any classes on Friday's so I dont need to make a trip up to Akron. The gym I used today is about 5 minutes from my house, whereas Akron is about a 25 minute drive. Obviously, there is a decent amount of gas money to be saved. On arm days, my work is done with free weights and some cable stuff, so it isnt like equipment is a big deal on arm days. Finally, the scale at the gym in Akron is absolute trash. It is almost impossible to calibrate that thing (I tried bringing a screwdriver last week to do it on my own. It gives a different reading each time you step on the scale, even if you step off, then right back on. It worked the first day I was there, but since then, it has been terrible. Last weeks weigh in was sort of just a guess because I kept getting different readings. By going to this gym on Fridays, I will get consistent and accurate weight feedback.

Workout Ratings
      Energy/Focus: 8.25/10
      *pretty good, although I did get distracted a few times
      Endurance: 7.75/10
      *endurance actually seemed somewhat off today, which was odd
      Strength: 8.25/10
      *nothing bad here
      Workout Overall: 8/10
      *pretty decent workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
      I once again had an awesome pump in my arms. They were completly filled and my arms were extremly tight. I also really liked the inclusion of the weighted bench dips today. I had sort of forgot about them and hadnt used them in this log so far. They definitely did the trick though and my arms were shot after I finished each set. As I mentioned, endurance was sort of off today, and I'm not quite sure why. Part of it could be that I was up a little later then usual watching the game. Even though it was a blowout, I had to watch openning night . Still cant complain about the workout though.

Comment

• Week 11 Measurements

11 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 190.75lbs (+1.25lbs)
        Arms: 15.5"(no change)
        Chest: 41" (no change)
        Shoulders: 47.875" (+.125")
        Waist: 32.25" (+.125")
        Calves: 15.375" (no change)
        Thighs: 24.25" (+.125")
        Forearms: 13.125" (no change)
        Neck: 15.5" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
        Once again, I am very happy with this weeks measurements. Happy with the weight increases and the fact that measurements have increased in a few different locations. The waist went up a little, but it hasnt gone up for a few weeks, so it has really been bound to happen. I will gladly take minimal increases in the waist to continue to put on some solid size.

Comment

• Day 78

Saturday Rest Day

Well, I took this morninings serving of Green Mag, looked in the bottom of the tub, and realized that I only have one more serving of Mag left. That means tomorrow will be my last day of this log . Its been fun though and I just want to thank everyone that has followed along so far. The support has really meant alot to me. I just finished typing up the final review, but you guys will just have to wait until tomorrow for me to post it up .
          [/QUOTE]

Comment

• post it man

Comment

• Originally posted by Benderzzz
              post it man
              Wow, I am terribly sorry guys. I really thought I posted the final review in here too. It will be up momentarilly.

Comment

• Final Review

Green Mag Final Review

Taste: Everyone knows that Green Mag is famous for it flavor. I guarantee Electric Lemonade does not disappointed. Having used both flavors, I can honestly say I give the slight edge to EL over the Sour Apple flavor (I do prefer lemonade over apple flavor in general though). I have gone through the entire tub and haven't once become bored by the flavor. Also, Green Mag slushies have become one of my favorite morning treats. Crush up 6 ice cubes into a glass. In a separate glass, mix a serving of Green Mag with about 2.5 ounces of water and then pour over the crushed ice. It makes for an excellent little treat. All around Green Mag is the best tasting supplement I have used.
                Rating: 10/10

Mixability: Mixability was pretty solid and nothing to complain about. The only thing that I noticed is that I always found white particles in the bottom of my glass after taking my serving. I would just pour a little more water in the glass, swirl it around, and gulp down what was left. You might notice that I gave a higher rating on my initial impressions, but that was because I forgot to shake my tub before taking my first serving (something I always recommend with powdered mixes). Obviously, some settling had occurred and I didn't get all of whatever these white specks are (either taurine or tyrosine). As I said, it isn't a big deal at all and is solved by a little swirl at the end.
                Rating: 8/10

Ingredients/Value: When you consider the price, the profile is very solid. I found that I respond very well to the combination of Dicreatine Malate and Magnesium Creatine Chelate, so for me, that blend is awesome. Each serving contains a solid 5 grams of creatine and also added Tyrosine and Taurine. When you factor in the price point for what you get, you can't be disappointed.
                Rating: 8/10

Effectiveness: I have loved my time with Green Mag. Strength has been up and my focus was on point on nearly every trip to the gym. You must factor in that I have been bulking for the duration of this log, which has definitely factored into some of my great workouts, but I feel Green Mag did exactly what I wanted it to, supplemented my already solid nutrition and training routine, and helped provide an extra boost. I will list some of my most impressive strength increases below.
                Rating: 9/10

Strength Gains
                Dumbbell Flat Bench: start: 80lbs 6reps----->finish:95lbs 7reps
                Lat Pulldowns: start: 140lbs 10reps----->finish: 155lbs 8reps
                Deadlifts: start: 315lbs 5reps----->finish: 315lbs 8reps(An injury forced me to stop these halfway through log)
                Tricep Cable Pushdowns: start: 150lbs 8reps----->finish: 180lbs 8reps
                Leg Extensions: start: 180lbs 12reps----->finish: 210lbs 10reps
                There were other increases, but these are a few of the more impressive ones. A quick look through my logs will reveal some of the others gains I have made.

Size Gains
                Weight: start: 181.5lbs----->190.75lbs(+9.25lbs)
                Arms: start: 14.875"----->15.5"(+.625)
                Chest: start: 40.375"----->41"+.625)
                Shoulders: start: 46.5"----->47.875"(+1.375)
                Waist: start: 31.5"----->32.25"(+.75")
                Calves: start: 15"------>15.375"(+.375")
                Quads: start: 23.25"----->24.25"(+1")
                Forearms: start: 12.625"----->13.125"(+.5")

Overall: This was overall an excellent product and will definitely be one of my creatine staples. The combination of excellent taste, competitive price point, solid formulation, and the fact that I responded very well to it make it a top notch creatine choice for me. Being a college student, an affordable product that provides results is a very important factor when evaluating a product. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a great product on a budget or even someone just looking for a solid creatine product.
                Rating:9/10

Finally, I would just like to thank everyone at Controlled Labs for giving me the opportunity to log this product. Also, a huge thanks goes out to everyone who has checked in and supported me throughout this process. I cannot express enough how much it means to me.

Comment

• Progress Pictures

Start Picture
                  End Picture
                  Start Picture
                  End Picture
                  Start Picture
                  End Picture

Comment

• Start Picture
                    End Picture
                    Start Picture
                    End Picture
                    End Picture

Comment

• nice job man put on a solid amount of lbm from the looks of it excellent detail and great progress
                      the difference between your left bicep before and after is quite something
                      that peak is getting huge
                      anyway great job and continue to lift and get hyooooooooge
                      oh dont forget to eat

Comment

• Awesome log

Comment

Working...
                        X