Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG (New Electric Lemonade Flavor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG (New Electric Lemonade Flavor)

DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG

Increase Your Stamina In The Gym And Gain Size And Strength!

We have responded to customer demand and the result: Green MAGnitude... Creatine with attitude. If you want to increase your stamina in the gym and gain size and strength, Green MAGnitude is the right choice for you. If you want similar results in convenient capsule form, we recommend Green Bulge. Either way, you are getting a full dose of patented Magnesium Creatine Chelate that has been clinically proven to increase strength. Green MAGnitude is the most advanced powder creatine matrix ever to reach the market and one of the first creatine products on the market to combine Magnesium Creatine Chelate (a patented form of creatine), with Dicreatine Malate (creatine bound with Malic Acid) to deliver synergistic benefits you can actually feel working during your workout.

Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Dicreatine Malate are important during both anaerobic and aerobic workouts and are involved in the efficient production and utilization of ATP. This key combination also has oxygen-sparing effects and helps optimize mitochonddrial function to directly and indirectly "boost energy" during your workout or cardio session. As a bonus, when combined with Betaine Anhydrous, this potent combination may also help neutralize lactic acid build-up indirectly, and signal the body to use oxygen to burn fat as fuel. Taurine, Betaine Anhydrous, and Tyrosine have a wide variety of physiological and metabolic functions and were added to Green MAGnitude™ for potent volumizing, antioxidant, ergogenic, and cognitive benefits.

Key Attributes:

Electric Lemonade Flavor
    Exclusive Synergistic Creatine Formula
    Instantly Dissolves
    Patented Form of Creatine
    Improve Strength, Stamina, & Performance
    Greater Protein Synthesis
    No Bitter CEE Taste
    Caffeine Free

Where I Have Been

Once I finished highschool, I found myself without an organized sport to play for the first time. I was looking to fill the void when I went to college and I decided to get into bodybuilding seriously. I had lifted weights in the past, but it was more focused on training for various sports. Once college started, I really got serious about it and have spent the past 2 years really focusing on intense training and a very clean diet.

Where I Am Going

Right now, clean bulking is where its at for me. I am focusing on putting on size, but keeping the gains as lean as possible. My goal is to get up to 200lbs. Once I am there, mirror appearance will determine whether it is time to cut down a little, or continue adding some size. My diet is very strict and calculated. This allows me to really control my weight gain and help keep the fat gains to a minimum (although it really is nearly impossible to not put on any fat while bulking). Bodybuilding competitions may be something I pursue down the road, but right now I need to put on some more size and see where it goes from there.

Diet

As mentioned above, I keep a very strict and calculated diet. Everything I put in my body is intended to get me closer to reaching my goal. I take in 3300 calories each training day following a 40carbs/40protein/20fats macro breakdown. On my off days, I consume 3000 calories on Saturday and 2950 on Sunday. My daily intake comes from chicken, tuna, turkey breast, fish fillets, veggies, oats, whole grain bread, whole grain english muffins, multi-grain wraps, fat free cheese, cottage cheese, skim milk, peanut butter, and brown rice.

Current Supplements

NOW EcoGreen
    Bulk Beta Alanine
    ON Gold Standard Whey
    Bulk Waxy Maize Starch
    Controlled Labs Purple Wraath
    Contolled Labs Green Mag Electric Lemonade
    **I am keeping all of my current supplementation and training the same to ensure that the only variable in my routine is the Green Mag. This will allow me to truly evaluate its effectiveness. I will keep my dosages on everything consistent and maintain those dosages throughout the log.

Supplement History

My supplementation history consists mostly of the basics. I have used Whey and a Multi for a pretty long time and creatine for about a year. I have experimented with various NO/stim preworkout products in the past as well, however, I recently decided that I was no longer going to use these types of products. I dont want to become reliant on stims to get me through my workouts, and NO just wasnt for me. Outside of the basics, creatine and amino acid cocktails are where I get an edge for my workouts. Since I dont use very many supplements, it is very easy for me to assess how well a specific product works for me.

Training Protocol

I am currently following a single bodypart split that has been yielding very good results. My split is as follows:

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Back
    Wednesday: Shoulders
    Thursday: Legs
    Friday: Arms
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Rest
    *I work abs 2 or 3 times a week, depending on how they feel

Current Stats

Weight: 181.5.bs
    Height: 5'10"
    Arms: 14.875"
    Chest: 40.375"
    Shoulders: 46.5"
    Waist: 31.5"
    Calves: 15"
    Thighs: 23.25"
    Forearms: 12.625"
    Neck: 15.5"
    *I do not take bodyfat measurements because I honestly dont feel that knowing the number makes a big difference. As long as I am happy with what I see in the mirror, it doesnt matter to me whether that is 8% or 12%. I will note if I see a difference as far as bodyfat and my waist measurement should give an indication.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone at Controlled Labs for giving me this awsome oppurtunity. I would also like thank Pt for hooking me up with the awsome banner.

Comment

Starting Photos

Comment

Starting Photos

Comment

Day 1

Taste Review/Initial Impressions

Taste: I figured I would dive right into what everyone is most interested in, the taste. Simply put, AMAZING. This is without a doubt the best supplement I have ever tasted. There aren't even very many drinks that I thought tasted better then the Electric Lemonade. The lemonade flavor is very authentic. In fact, this stuff beats out Country Time Lemonade by a long shot. When I used to drink Country Time Lemonade, I always found it to have a strange tartness that caused a weird feeling in the back of my throat. With Mag, no such tartness exists. It is simply smooth and delicious. Now for the ultimate test, how does it stand up next to the apple Green Mag flavor. Both flavors are great, however, I must give the edge to the new Electric Lemonade flavor. Like I said, it is my favorite tasting supplement now and something I would easily drink for taste alone.
          Rating: 10/10 (I have never rated anything a 10 before)

Mixability: Mixability was very good. I used a glass and mixed a scoop in 8oz of water. I stirred for 20 seconds with a knife. Most of the powder dissolved nearly instantly. After the 20 seconds of stirring, I only found 2 or 3 little white specks in the bottom of the cup. No issue here at all.
          Rating: 9/10

Ingredients: No complaints at all when looking at the ingredient profile. Each serving contains a solid 5 grams of creatine (perfect amount for a daily dose). I like the combination of MCC and DiCreM. I also really like the inclusion of Tyrosine. Taurine is a nice addition as well. This is a very solid creatine based product IMO.

Price: $40 for 80 servings is all that you need to know. Green Mag is one of the most cost effective products you can buy. At $0.50 per serving, with the addition of taurine, tyrosine, and betaine anhydrous, plus a solid 5 grams of creatine, it really is an excellent deal.

Some Other Thoughts:
          *I always measure out the serving sizes on my scale to check the accuracy of scoops when I get a new supplement. I took a scoop of Mag and then flattened it across the top with the back of a knife. It measured out at just under 11 grams, so the scoop accuracy is pretty much right on.
          *One other thing I thought I would mention, it is very interesting to be drinking something that tastes exactly like lemonade, but is green, haha. Its just something different.

*Hulk reaching for his Green Mag

Comment

Day 2

Sunday Rest Day

I took my second serving of Green Mag this morning before breakfast and was still very impressed by the flavor. This stuff really tastes awsome. Today will be a solid rest day. Nothing but relaxing, eating, and recovery. I ended up getting some unplanned cardio yesterday with some sand volleyball. It got pretty intense and I worked up a good sweat. Looking forward to getting back in the gym tomorrow. Should be a solid chest day.

Comment

Day 3 (Workout 1)

Monday Chest Workout

Bench Press
              185lbs 12reps
              205lbs 6reps
              205lbs 6reps

Incline Press
              160lbs 8reps
              155lbs 6reps
              155lbs 6reps

Dumbell Inclines
              65lbs 7reps
              65lbs 7reps
              65lbs 6reps

Cable Crossovers
              50lbs 10reps
              50lbs 10reps
              50lbs 10reps

Cybex Incline Press
              180lbs 12reps
              230lbs 7reps
              230lbs 6reps

Ab Workout
              3sets of Hanging Leg Lifts superset with Weighted Cable Crunches

Workout Thoughts: Decent workout overall today, but nothing exceptional. I wasnt completly thrilled with my Incline Bench Press, but I was forced to use a different bench then I normally use, and it just felt off. I think this played a role as I wasnt able to get as many reps on my 2nd and 3rd set as I usually do. I was pretty happy with the rest of my workout though. Had a real good pump in my chest. I got some good ab work in at the end of my session as well. Hoping to see these numbers continue to climb upwards.

Workout Ratings
              Energy/Focus: 8/10
              *focus was really good, energy was about normal
              Endurance: 7/10
              *nothing out of the ordinary
              Strength: 7/10
              *felt good on Bench, but wasnt happy with Incline
              Workout Overall: 7/10
              *Decent workout, nothing incredible

Green Mag Thoughts: I obviously cant really expect to see much from Green Mag yet since I have only been dosing for three days now. However, I did feel a nice little boost in focus in the gym. It wasnt anything mindblowing, but it was noticeable and worth noting. Outside of that, it will probably take a little time for Green Mag to build up in my system to really see what it has to offer. I took my dose about 35 minutes before hitting the gym and the taste was still excellent. I actually let my mom and sister both have a really small taste (they didnt want alot because it is "evil creatine", haha) but they both thought the taste was amazing as well. I dont see myself getting tired of the taste like I do with some supplements.

Comment

Hell yeah !

Comment

Day 4 (Workout #2)

Tuesday Back Workout

Pullups
                  BW 11reps
                  BW 9reps
                  BW 8reps

Bent Over Barbell Rows
                  145lbs 12reps
                  145lbs 12reps
                  145lbs 10reps

Lat Pulldown
                  135lbs 10reps
                  135lbs 10reps
                  140lbs 10reps

Cable Rows
                  150lbs 10reps
                  150lbs 9reps
                  165lbs 8reps

Deadlifts
                  275lbs 8reps
                  275lbs 8reps
                  315lbs 5reps

Workout Thoughts:
                  I was happy with today's workout. Back strength felt pretty good. I got an extra pullup on both my first and second set compared to last week. I was also able to get an extra rep on my first set of Cable Rows. Outside of that, all my other lifts matched my previous numbers and my overall strength felt pretty good. I was hoping to hit a new PR today on my deadlifts, but I was only able to meet my previous PR at 5reps of 315lbs. I was actually happy with this though, because I tweaked my back a little yesterday bending down to get something out of the freezer (not sure how it happened). It did loosen up a little as the workout went on, but there was definently some soreness. I was happy to get some pretty decent deadlifts in all things considered.

Workout Ratings
                  *felt pretty good in both of these aspects
                  Endurance: 9/10
                  *great endurance, my workout went very very fast
                  Strength: 8/10
                  *strength felt pretty good all around
                  Workout Overall: 8/10
                  *Definently an above average workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                  Havnt been on Green Mag long enough yet to fully experience the benefits, but my strength definently felt pretty good today. Not sure whether I can credit this to Mag or just normal strength increases. Focus again was good. I definently think that Tyrosine being in this formula is a nice addition. Endurance was great as well and I found myslef absolutly flying through my workout. Although my endurance is always good, thanks in part to my Purple Wraath, I definently had a little extra boost today. On a side note, I tried mixing today's serving in a shaker bottle rather then a cup and spoon like I did for my first three servings. I found no difference in mixability, so I think you will be fine mixability wise using whichever method you prefer.

*check out Hulk's back(no homo )

Comment

Day 5 (Workout #3)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
                    175lbs 8reps
                    175lbs 8reps
                    175lbs 7reps

Dumbell Shoulder Presses
                    60lbs 7reps
                    60lbs 7reps
                    60lbs 7reps

Seated Front Raises
                    25lbs 12reps
                    25lbs 12reps
                    25lbs 12reps

Side Raises (palms facing back)
                    20lbs 12reps
                    15lbs 15reps
                    15lbs 15reps

Barbell Shrugs
                    245lbs 15reps
                    255lbs 15reps
                    275lbs 12reps*last rep held 10sec

Ab Workout
                    Weighted Knee Ups (3 sets of 15), Ab Crunch Machine (3 sets of 15)

Workout Thoughts:
                    Today's workout was really solid. I started off with the Smith Machine Shoulder Presses. I really like using the Smith Machine because it lets me target my delts without worrying to much about stabilizing the bar. I switch around between these and the barbell variety. I was able to push out an extra rep on my second set, so that was good. I was also happy with my DB Presses. Normally I need to drop down to 55lbs dumbells for my last set of these, but I was able to keep with the 60's and still get 7reps. Both of the raises went really well. I recently switched both of my raises after watching the "Getting Cut With Glass" Shoulder episode. Here is a link to the episode http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut1.htm. Both of these variations force you to use less weight, but they definently blast your shoulders. I get a burn that I never got using the traditional form on these.

Workout Ratings
                    Energy/Focus: 8.5/10
                    *felt pretty good in both of these aspects
                    Endurance: 8/10
                    *endurance was good throughout
                    Strength: 8.5/10
                    *able to push a little extra out on a few excercises
                    Workout Overall: 8.5/10
                    *Really solid workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                    Strength was really good today. Definently felt some extra strength during the workout. Endurance was also very good again. As it has been all week, my focus was right on point. I think this is a combination of a few factors. First, I am driven when I get into the gym and part of it is because I know that I will be logging my workout. This provides some excellent motivation. Second, I had been somewhat in a plateau on my weights recently, so I have really been focusing on trying to push it a little more. The tyrosine in Green Mag could also be giving a little boost. All I know is that my focus has been on point all week and I am very happy with that. Everything taste wise is still awsome as well.

Comment

Day 6 (Workout #4)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
                      180lbs 20reps
                      225lbs 15reps
                      275lbs 10reps

Leg Presses
                      900lbs 12reps
                      900lbs 12reps
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfqUAoKEFoU
                      900lbs 12reps

Leg Ext
                      170lbs 12reps
                      175lbs 12reps
                      180lbs 12reps

Lying Leg Curls
                      130lbs 12reps
                      140lbs 10reps
                      150lbs 8reps

Standing Calf Raises
                      190lbs 20reps
                      200lbs 15reps
                      200lbs 15reps

Seated Calf Raises
                      90lbs 20reps
                      100lbs 20reps
                      100lbs 20reps

Workout Thoughts:
                      Real good workout today. Strength was great. I felt like I could have pushed out a few extra reps on some of my leg presses. I might bump it up next week. Squats felt pretty decent as well. Felt real good on my Leg Ext and think that I may be able to up the weight a little on those next week as well. Calves were completly exhausted by the end of my workout. I had the usual difficulty walking around after finishing up with my calves. I love leg days because I really feel like I get to use every bit of power that I have. Thrilled with how the workout went today.

Workout Ratings
                      *not bad at all in either aspect
                      Endurance: 8/10
                      *pretty good endurance, although I'm always dead after legs
                      Strength: 9/10
                      *strength was awsome today
                      Workout Overall: 9/10
                      *Great workout in terms of strength and intensity

Green Mag Thoughts:
                      Green Mag is really treating me well so far. I felt ridiculously strong in the gym today. I think in part, today was just a really good day, but Mag deserves some of the credit as well. This was the strongest I have felt in awhile. If I feel this good again next week, I will be bumping up some of my weights and reps. Endurance was good today also. I didnt feel completly dead once the workout was done, which has happened in the past on leg days. Considering how good I felt in the gym today, I am not surprised by this. I got some stretching in at the end to try and dim some of the DOMS that always follow leg days. Overall, this felt like one of my better workouts in awhile and definenetly the best of this log so far.

Last edited by dbc5; 06-28-2007, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Sounding solid !

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                          Sounding solid !
                          For sure. Its going really well so far.

Comment

Day 7 (Workout #5)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
                            95lbs 10eps
                            95lbs 9eps
                            100lbs 7eps**

-Superset With-

Skull Crushers
                            75lbs 10reps
                            75lbs 10reps
                            80lbs 10reps**

Dumbell Curls
                            40lbs 8reps
                            45lbs 7reps**
                            45lbs 7reps**

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
                            155lbs 10reps
                            165lbs 10reps**
                            175lbs 8reps**

Cable Curl
                            120lbs 10reps
                            130lbs 8reps**
                            130lbs 8reps**

-Superset With-

Tricep Cable Pushdowns
                            140lbs 10reps
                            150lbs 8reps**
                            150lbs 8reps**

Ab Workout
                            Ab Circuit consisting of Weighted Hanging Knee Raises, Weighted Ball Crunches, Hanging Leg Raises, and Weighted Cable Crunches. A circuit consists of going through all 4 excercises (15reps) with no break between them. After completing all four excercises (a circuit), I take a sip of my Purple Wraath, and then go straight into the next circuit. I go through 3 circuits before stopping. These are ridiculous (highly recommended).

** - denotes an increase in weight. Right now I am the strongest I have ever been, so anytime I increase weight is a new PR.

Workout Thoughts: Today was one of the best workouts I have ever had. My strength was incredible as you can tell by how many weight increases (PRs) I had today. I felt so good and was able to bump up the weight on almost everything. On top of that, I was supersetting bis and tris on everything, so I had a huge pump. Focus, intensity, and energy was all through the roof. Since I felt so strong, I was completly driven and motivated to just keep pushing forward. On top of the incredible arm workout, I crushed my abs. I got through 3 full ab circuits without resting and bumped it up to 15 reps on everything. Seriously one of the best workouts I have ever had.

Workout Ratings
                            Energy/Focus: 9.5/10
                            *Great in both aspects
                            Endurance: 9.5/10
                            *Really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
                            Strength: 10/10
                            *Strength was through the roof today
                            Workout Overall: 10/10
                            *One of my best workouts ever

Green Mag Thoughts: If today's workout was any indication, I am expecting to see amazing things from Green Mag. Today, my strength was absolutly ridiculous and Green Mag has to get some credit. Endurance and focus were very good, but strength is really what shinned. Setting a single PR during a workout is a good feeling, but I set a ton today. Then, after fully blasting my arms, I had enough left to get in an amazing ab workout. Really pleased with what I got in today.

Comment

1 Week Measurements

1 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 182.25lbs (+.75lbs)
                              Arms: 14.875" (no change)
                              Chest: 40.375" (no change)
                              Shoulders: 46.75" (+.25")
                              Waist: 31.5" (no change)
                              Calves: 15" (no change)
                              Thighs: 23.5" (+.25")
                              Forearms: 12.625" (+.125")
                              Neck: 15.5" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
                              Pretty good measurements this week. Put on 3/4lbs with no waist gain. Its always good to put on some quality size without gaining in the midsection. Good growth on my shoulders and thighs. Arms also were slightly larger, but not quite at 15" yet. Hopefully by next week they will be. It looks like everything is still on track diet and training wise, based on this weeks results.

Comment

Working...
                              X