Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBC5 Gets Massive With GREEN MAG (New Electric Lemonade Flavor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pu12en12g
    Not bad !!!
    Ya, I wish I woulda put on some more weight, so I think I am increasing calories a bit this week.

Comment

Day 18 (Workout #12)

Tuesday Back Workout

Bent Over Barbell Rows
      145lbs 12reps
      155lbs 12reps**
      155lbs 10reps

Lat Pulldown
      150lbs 8reps
      155lbs 8reps**
      155lbs 8reps**(dropset 130lbs)

Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns
      110lbs 6reps
      100lbs 8reps
      100lbs 8reps

DBRows
      80lbs 10reps
      80lbs 10reps
      85lbs 8reps**

Deadlifts
      275lbs 9reps
      275lbs 8reps
      315lbs 6reps

Extreme Back Stretching
      2 sets held for 30 seconds each

**- denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
      I was very happy with my back workout today. I felt really good on my Bent Over BB Rows and was able to set a PR on my second set. I also decided to go heavier today on my lat pulldowns instead of the slightly higher reps I had been using. This resulted in a PR at 155lbs for 8reps. Followed that up with some Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns and then some DB Rows. DB Rows are a newer excercise for me so I am still working out the form. I did set a PR, but that is more based on the fact that I am just starting to work them out and slowly adding weight. I wasnt sure whether I was going to do deadlifts today or not because of my knee. However, it felt pretty good during the workout and the other excercise I was considering instead of deads was occupied. I felt awsome on my first set and thought that I might set a PR on my last set. However, I was only able to meet the PR that I set last week. Hopefully I can get an extra rep in next week.

Workout Ratings
      Energy/Focus: 8/10
      *felt good in both of these aspects
      Endurance: 9/10
      *endurance was awsome, workout went really fast
      Strength: 8.5/10
      *good strength and set a few PRs
      Workout Overall: 8.5/10
      *solid back workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
      My strength keeps going up. I have noticed a big improvement in my back and arms in particular, since starting Green Mag. I had hit a bit of a plateau in all my lifts before starting this log, so seeing the numbers going back in a positive direction is very welcomed. I hope that my knee is fully recovered for next week because I definently feel like a PR is in order with my deadlifts. I still have some slight soreness in my triceps today, but its much lighter then yesterday and could be a factor of yesterdays chest work. My chest has some pretty good DOMS today though. Looking forward to tomorrows shoulder work.

Comment

Day 19 (Workout #13)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Dumbell Shrugs
        120lbs 15reps(10sec hold on final rep)
        125lbs 12reps(10sec hold on final rep)
        125lbs 15reps(10sec hold on final rep)**

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
        175lbs 8reps
        175lbs 8reps
        175lbs 7reps(dropset 135lbs)

Upright Smith Row
        135lbs 10reps++
        135lbs 9reps
        140lbs 9reps (dropset 95lbs)**

Seated Lat Raises (palms facing back)
        20lbs 12reps
        15lbs 15reps
        15lbs 15reps

Rear Delt Lat Raises
        30lbs 15reps++
        35lbs 12reps**
        35lbs 12reps**

Extreme Shoulder Stretching
        3 sets held for 30 seconds

Ab Workout
        3 sets of Hanging Leg Raises and Cable Crunches

++: denotes and increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not PR)
        **: denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
        Overall I was pretty pleased with today's workout. I normally like to do my trap work at the very end of my workout, but everything I wanted to use when I first got into the gym was occupied, so I just grabbed some DBs and did some shrugs. I followed that up with some work on the Smith Machine. My shoulder presses felt easier then that last time I did them, but I wasnt able to increase anything with them. My upright rows went very well and I was able to get an extra rep on my first set and a PR with 9 reps at 140lbs on the last set. I felt incredible on the rear delt raises and was able to jump up 5lbs from before and still get the same amount of reps. The only negative with today's workout was some elbow pain that started about halfway through my workout. I have some glucosamine on the way, so I am going to start dosing that and see if it helps any with the joint pain.

Workout Ratings
        Energy/Focus: 8/10
        *felt pretty good in both of these aspects
        Endurance: 8/10
        *endurance was good throughout
        *strength was good today and I set a couple PRs
        Workout Overall: 8.25/10
        *Good workout overall

Green Mag Thoughts:
        Good strength today, which I was very happy about. I was able to increase weight or reps on a few excercises and I felt like I was right on the brink of being able to increase on a few others. So far I have been thrilled by the strength increases I have gotten while on Green Mag. Everything is going great and I am very happy with Mag so far. Looking ahead, tomorrow is a leg day. I am thinking of doing an all one leg day. I might do squats normally, and then do everything else one leg at a time. I like doing this every once in awhile because it switches it up and helps keep your legs symmetrical.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
            Awesome
            Thanks man.

Comment

Day 20 (Workout #14)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
              180lbs 20reps
              225lbs 15reps
              275lbs 12reps

Single Leg Presses
              6plates 12reps
              6plates 12reps
              6plates 12reps

Lying Single Leg Curls
              60lbs 12reps
              70lbs 10reps
              70lbs 10reps

Single Leg Ext
              80lbs 12reps
              85lbs 12reps
              90lbs 12reps

Standing Single Calf Raises
              70lbs 12reps(final rep held 10secs)
              80lbs 10reps(final rep held 10secs)
              50lbs 15reps(final rep held 10secs)

Seated Single Calf Raises
              50lbs 20reps
              55lbs 20reps
              55lbs 20reps

**-denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
              Today's workout went incredibly well. Outside of squats, I decided to do everything one leg at a time. I do this every once in awhile just to make sure both legs are getting equal work. It went great today and both of my legs were absolutly fried by the time I was finished. At one point, I stepped down off the standing calf machine and almost fell down because both my legs were just rubber. I felt really good on my squats today. I was trying to concentrate on going low on each rep. I know I did a good job on my first two sets. I think I was going low on my last set, but it felt somewhat easy which worries me that I am not going down all the way. I really thought I was, but it felt alot lighter then last week. Maybe I am just getting stronger and thats why it felt lighter then in the past. Either way, my legs were worked extremly hard today and I am expecting some intense DOMS.

Workout Ratings
              Energy/Focus: 9/10
              *felt locked in and ready to go today
              *workout went extremly fast considering everything was done twice
              Strength: 9/10
              *Felt really really strong today
              Workout Overall: 9/10
              *Great workout in terms of strength and intensity

Green Mag Thoughts:
              Green Mag continues to treat me very well. I have definently felt stronger during this log, which I am obviously excited about. Im honestly not sure if I set any PRs today or not because the last time I did an all single leg workout, it was at a different gym, and all the weights on their machines were different. I know that I felt really strong on everything though. Tomorrow is arm day again, which is were I have been seeing the best strength increase, so I am looking forward to seeing if that continues.

Comment

Day 21 (Workout #15)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
                95lbs 10eps
                95lbs 9reps
                100lbs 7eps

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
                155lbs 10reps
                165lbs 10reps
                175lbs 8reps

Dumbell Curls
                45lbs 8reps
                45lbs 8reps
                50lbs 4reps(dropset 30lbs)

-Superset With-

DB Overhead Tricep Presses
                70lbs 12reps
                80lbs 10reps
                85lbs 8reps

DB Incline Curl
                35lbs 8reps
                35lbs 8reps
                35lbs 8reps - 25lbs 5reps - 20lbs 5reps - 15lbs 5reps - 10lbs 10reps

-Superset With-

Lying (Chest Flat) DB Tricep Kickbacks
                25lbs 12reps
                25lbs 12reps
                25lbs 8reps - 20lbs 10reps - 15lbs 10reps - 12.5lbs 10reps - 10lbs 10reps

Ab Workout
                Hanging Knee Raises and Decline Crunches, 3 sets of each

** - denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
                No PRs today, but I still had a really good workout. As usual, I superset biceps and triceps and had a ridiculous pump as a result. The pump was so strong that I couldnt get my arms all the way up on my dropset of DB curls. I decided to try out the DB Tricep Overhead Presses, which I hadnt done in a really long time because they always used to hurt my left shoulder (i seperated it a couple years ago and have issues with it on a few lifts). It was alright on the first set, but started to hurt on the second one and killed on the third. On both those sets, I stopped more because my shoulder hurt, rather then the muscles were exhausted. I dont think I will be using these excercises anymore. The best part of this workout was the crazy dropset/pyramid that I finished off my incline DB curls and ticep kickbacks with. My arms were on fire once I was finished with those. Really happy with todays workout.

Workout Ratings
                *Great in both aspects
                *Really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
                Strength: 9/10
                *Strength was very good today
                *Really liked the workout

Green Mag Thoughts: Another good workout, although this is the first time I didnt increase weight in the past couple weeks. Hopefully I can increase on a few things next week. I did attempt to move up to 50lbs dumbells, which would be a PR, but I dont count anything as a PR unless I get 5 reps with it. Hopefully I can get it next week. The dropset/pyramid things I did at the end of my workout really put my endurance to the test, but I got through them surprisingly strong. This weeks updated measurements will be posted soon.

Side Note From the Gym Today: I saw a guy in the gym today that deserves a ton of respect and is also incredibly motivational. I walked in and saw 365lbs on the bench, which is pretty impressive in itself. Then I saw this guy walk over to it and my jaw dropped. The dude had a prosthetic leg. He then proceeded to lay down, prop both legs up in the air, and start repping the weight. It was tremendous to see that this guy hadnt let something so unfortunate get him down. Seeing stuff like that only helps fuel the fire.

Comment

3 Week Measurements

3 Week Measurment Updates

Weight: 184lbs (+1.5lbs)
                  Arms: 15" (no change)
                  Chest: 40.375" (no change)
                  Shoulders: 47" (+.25")
                  Waist: 31.75" (+.25")
                  Calves: 15.25" (+.25")
                  Thighs: 23.625" (+.125)
                  Forearms: 12.75" (no change)
                  Neck: 15.5" (no change)

Measurement Thoughts:
                  Very happy with the measurements this week. Looks like the increase in calories was exactly what I needed. I did have a .25" increase in my waist, but considering that I was able to put on 1.5lbs this week, I can deal with that. Increased on pretty much every measurement except for arms and chest. My arms have gotten some really good growth in the last few weeks though, so I can deal with that. Overall, very happy.

Comment

Day 22

Saturday Rest Day

Woke up this morning and enjoyed my refreshing glass of lemonade while I waited for my oats to cook. Nothing really exciting planned for today. Should get in some really good rest. Might get in some stretching later, but my legs really arent that sore today, which is surprising considering how good my leg day was on Thursday. Pretty nice day out, so will probably spend some time out there, just not sure what I will be doing yet.

Comment

Day 23

Sunday Rest Day

Like usual, I had my Green Mag as soon as I woke up, followed by my breakfast. We have a ton of stuff to do around the house today, so I will probably be lifting stuff and moving it around for most of the day. Not exactly the optimal rest day, but what am i going to do. Outside of that my diet should be on point today and everything else is going well.

Comment

Day 24 (Workout #16)

Monday Chest Workout

Bench Press
                        185lbs 12reps
                        190lbs 9reps
                        200lbs 6reps(dropset 135lbs)

Incline Dumbell Press
                        65lbs 8reps
                        70lbs 6reps**
                        65lbs 7reps

Dumbell Flat Bench
                        80lbs 7reps++
                        80lbs 7reps++
                        75lbs 7reps

Dips
                        BW+25lbs 12reps**
                        BW+25lbs 10reps
                        BW+25lbs 10reps(then dropset BW till failure)

Dumbell Flys
                        30lbs 12reps
                        35lbs 12reps
                        40lbs 10reps**

**- denotes a PR
                        ++- increase in weight from last week (not PR)

Workout Thoughts:
                        I'm completly confused with what is going on with my BB benches. Today I didnt even attempt BB Incline Bench but I did do BB flat. My strength on both of my BB benches has been going down, and its pretty obvious. I even find myself cheating a little more to get the same amount of reps I did in the past. Normally I would question overtraining, but my strength is going up in all of my other chest excercises, like dumbell work and dips, and is also increasing for all my other muscle groups. Basically my BB benches are going down and everything else is going up, and I do not understand why. If anyone could help me out or has any idea why this is happening, let me know because it is really frustrating. I'm considering going to all DB work because continuing with something that keeps dropping is very discouraging and annoying.

Workout Ratings
                        Energy/Focus: 8.5/10
                        *woke up ready to lift and it carried into the workout
                        Endurance: 8/10
                        *felt pretty good throughout the workout
                        Strength: 8/10
                        *strength was good on everything except for BB bench
                        Workout Overall: 8/10
                        *Happy with everything except BB bench

Green Mag Thoughts:
                        Set a few PRs today and also increased weight on a few other excercises, so strength again was good. There is just something strange going on with my flat BB bench, and I have no idea what it is. I know it isnt Green Mag because creatine doesnt selectivly choose one excercise to make you lose strength in and then make everything else increase. My strength is up, and growing at a faster rate then in the past, so I am definently pleased with Green Mag. I have a feeling there is something form wise going wrong with my bench that has gone wrong recently and Im just not picking up on it.

Comment

Day 25 (Workout #17)

Tuesday Back Workout

Bent Over Barbell Rows
                          150lbs 12reps
                          155lbs 12reps
                          155lbs 10reps

Lat Pulldown
                          150lbs 8reps
                          155lbs 8reps
                          155lbs 8reps(dropset 130lbs)

Straight One Arm Lat Pulldowns
                          30lbs 7reps
                          30lbs 6reps
                          20lbs 10reps

Seated Cable Rows
                          150lbs 11reps**
                          165lbs 9reps**
                          165lbs 8reps (dropset 110lbs)

Deadlifts
                          275lbs 9reps
                          275lbs 8reps
                          315lbs 7reps**

Extreme Back Stretching
                          3 sets held for 30 seconds each

**- denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
                          Workout today went amazing. My strength was great and my back felt incredible by the time I was finished. I held solid at the weights I increased on last week and felt better on them. Seated Cable Rows went very well and my strength was definently up, which resulted in a couple PRs on that. Then it was time for Deadlifts. I was disappointed last week because I really wanted to get 7 reps at 315lbs but came up short. Today, I knew I would get 7 as soon as I started my first set. I was pumping them out at 275 and honestly could have gotten at least an extra rep on each of my first two sets, but I wanted to make sure that I got 7 on my last set. I pushed through 315lbs and was pumped to get all 7 reps. I felt really good on them so I expect an increase in reps next week, at least on my first 2 sets for sure. At the end of my workout, my back was shredded and definently told me I had put in some good work.

Workout Ratings
                          *mind was on nothing but the weights
                          *endurance was awsome, workout went really fast
                          Strength: 9.25/10
                          *strength felt great and a deadlift PR
                          Workout Overall: 9.25/10
                          *awsome workout today

Green Mag Thoughts:
                          Deadlifts felt so good today and my strength was very obviously up. I loved the way I felt in the gym today and continue to see great increases on my back days. I have been completly in the zone for the last couple weeks. I always look forward to hitting the gym regardless, but now I am even more excited since it seems like I am hitting new PRs nearly everytime I go. This results in tremendous focus and drive, which only fuels a better workout. Loving the way everything is progressing right now.

Comment

Day 26 (Workout #18)

Wednesday Shoulder Workout

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
                            175lbs 9reps**
                            175lbs 8reps
                            180lbs 7reps** (dropset 135lbs)

Dumbell Shoulder Press
                            60lbs 8reps**
                            60lbs 8reps**
                            65lbs 6reps**

Rear Delt Lat Raises
                            35lbs 12reps
                            35lbs 12reps
                            40lbs 10reps** (dropset 25lbs)

Seated Lat Raises (Normal Hand Positioning)
                            25lbs 12reps
                            25lbs 12reps
                            30lbs 8reps (dropset 15lbs)

Rear Barbell Shrugs
                            245lbs 15reps
                            255lbs 15reps
                            275lbs 12reps (10sec hold last rep)

Ab Workout
                            Variety of Hanging Lower Ab and Crunching movements

++: denotes and increase in either reps or weight over last workout (not PR)
                            **: denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
                            Excellent workout today. Strength was through the roof and I set a ton of PRs. Smith Machine Presses, DB Presses, and Bent Over Rear Delt Raises all saw new bests, which I was thrilled about. I felt great my whole workout and ready to attack my next set. I normally do my shrugs with the BB in front of me, but I decided to switch it up a bit today and place the bar behind me. I felt like my lats got more work this way, but unfortunatly my ass gets in the way so I cant pull the bar up as far as I do on the front variety. I will probably switch around between these two, just for some variation. Overall, an excellent workout and easily my best shoulder workout of this log so far.

Workout Ratings
                            *ready to go as soon as I started
                            *no endurance issues at all
                            Strength: 9.5/10
                            *awsome strength increases today
                            Workout Overall: 9.5/10
                            *thrilled with today's session

Green Mag Thoughts:
                            An amazing day in the gym. Strength was up across the board. Sometimes when you set new PRs, it is more a factor of just putting everything that you can into that extra rep and cheating it up a bit. This wasnt the case today. My strength was very noticably better, and I was able to keep great form on all the lifts that I set PRs on. Sure I had to work my ass off to get those extra reps up, but I was still able to get those extra reps without sacrificing my form. Its great when you can actually feel that your strength has improved and that was definently the case today.

Comment

Day 27 (Workout #19)

Thursday Leg Workout

Squats
                              180lbs 20reps
                              275lbs 12reps++
                              275lbs 12reps

Front Squats
                              135lbs 10reps
                              155lbs 10reps
                              175lbs 10reps

Smith Machine Hack Squats
                              225lbs 10reps
                              245lbs 10reps
                              275lbs 10reps

Leg Ext
                              175lbs 12reps++
                              185lbs 12reps++
                              195lbs 10reps**

Standing Calf Raises
                              110lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)
                              130lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)
                              140lbs 20reps(final rep held 10secs)

Smith Machine Calf Presses
                              275lbs 15reps
                              275lbs 15reps
                              275lbs 15reps

**-denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
                              The intensity of today's workout was absolutly ridiculous. I decided to incorporate three different squat varieties today and it trashed my legs. I started out with normal squats, and then went into some front squats. I had only done front squats one other time before, so I wasnt sure about the weight. I went a little too light on my first set, but the second and third felt really good. Then I went over to the smith machine and did some hack squats, which went really well, although I think I could go a little heavier on the first set for sure. One thing to note, my recorded weights for all smith machine excercises are treating the bar as if it were 45lbs like a normal bar. I realize that a smith machine bar weighs a good amount less, but standardizing everything makes it easier for me to track how many plates to throw on the bar with each workout. After doing all those squats, I was able to go on and set a PR on leg ext as well as increase weight on my first and second set. I also got in some great calf work and tried a different machine for my standing calf raises, which I like alot better. One other thing from my workout, this was the closest I have been to getting sick from excercising in awhile. I generally get a slight feeling of sickness by the end of a leg day, but today I literally had to fight it back a couple of times. Gotta love it.

Workout Ratings
                              *completly focued on detroying my legs
                              Endurance: 9.5/10
                              *endurance was awsome, all things considered
                              *felt pretty strong considering all the squats
                              Workout Overall: 9.5/10
                              *workout intensity was extreme

Green Mag Thoughts:
                              Today's workout intensity was amazing and I expect some very intense DOMS tomorrow. While doing this many squats in one workout isnt something I would do very often, since it would likly lead to quckly overtraining, it resulted in an incredible trip to the gym and extreme leg workout. One thing that really impressed me today was that my strength seemed to not diminish, even though I was completly thrashing my legs. The fact that I hit a PR on my leg ext, after doing all those squats was very unexpected. Green Mag definently deserves some credit here.

Comment

Day 28 (Workout #20)

Friday Arm Workout

Barbell Curls
                                95lbs 10eps
                                95lbs 9reps
                                100lbs 8eps**

-Superset With-

Skull Crushers
                                75lbs 10reps
                                75lbs 10reps
                                80lbs 10reps(dropset 55lbs)

EZ Bar Curl
                                95lbs 9reps
                                95lbs 7reps
                                95lbs 6reps

-Superset With-

Close Grip Bench
                                155lbs 10reps
                                165lbs 10reps
                                175lbs 8reps

One Arm Cable Curl
                                50lbs 12reps
                                60lbs 10reps
                                70lbs 8reps

-Superset With-

One Arm Rope Tricep Pulldowns
                                50lbs 12reps
                                60lbs 8reps
                                60lbs 8reps

Ab Workout
                                Dbc5's Ab Circuit Special

** - denotes a PR

Workout Thoughts:
                                Another great arm workout. I felt very strong on everything and was able to set a new PR on my BB Curls. I think I would have set more PRs today, but I went with alot of new things that I havnt done before or is awhile. I had an incredible pump in my arms today which was very nice. Doing everything in superset fashion always gets the blood flowing. After completly blowing up my arms, I went into my weekly ab circuit that I do every Friday. They really suck, but it is an awsome feeling once I finish becasue I know I really pushed myself to the limit. Very good workout.

Workout Ratings
                                *Great in both aspects
                                Endurance: 9.5/10
                                *Really good endurance, especially since everything was superset
                                Strength: 9.25/10
                                *Strength was there for sure
                                *Really good workout

Green Mag Thoughts:
                                As they have been throughout this log, my arms are really shinning as far as strength improvement goes. I am absolutly crushing them everytime I step into the gym on Friday. I find myself looking forward to each Friday a little more because of this. I am getting stronger in my other muscle groups as well, but the biggest jump since starting Green Mag has been in my arms without a doubt. On a side note, updated measurements and stats for this week will be posted shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X