Androstenetrione vs Blue Up/Testosterone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Androstenetrione vs Blue Up/Testosterone

Just curious and I know the guys here at CL will give me the honest answer. I've been checking out the Androstenetrione offered at nutraplanet and was researching it but was still unsure as to the actual mechanics behind it. I know it is an aromatase inhibitor and is suppose to boost test levels in a serious manner, but what are the sides of it? Can it be taken WITH Blue Up or another Test booster or is it a solo operation supplement? Also, generally, between Blue Up and the recommended intake of 300-600mg of Andro, which should be more effective? Thanks guys!
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Originally posted by Spartan
    Just curious and I know the guys here at CL will give me the honest answer. I've been checking out the Androstenetrione offered at nutraplanet and was researching it but was still unsure as to the actual mechanics behind it. I know it is an aromatase inhibitor and is suppose to boost test levels in a serious manner, but what are the sides of it? Can it be taken WITH Blue Up or another Test booster or is it a solo operation supplement? Also, generally, between Blue Up and the recommended intake of 300-600mg of Andro, which should be more effective? Thanks guys!
    Good question. I'll do my best to throw in what knowledge I have, and maybe some opinions as well.

From what I understand:

The mechanics behind an Anti-aromatase are interesting. Aromatase is the enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen. So, an anti-aromatase would (most obviously) prohibit the test to converting to estrogen.

So you have a higher level of testosterone and a lower level of estrogen, but that's not all. Since your body is not receiving any estrogen, it's signaling to output more test (because it thinks that once it outputs more test, it will convert to estrogen via aromatase. Little does your body know that your a bodybuilder with an interest in biochemistry)

There's several problems with using an AI in this manner. One is that estrogen depletion is not always a good thing. It has it's high side, such as creating a ripped, muscular look, getting rid of water retention. But estrogen plays a big role in alot of the functions of the body, such as the immune system, sexual drive and MUSCLE BUILDING.

Anyone will tell you that using a powerful prescription AI like Letro (which will bring estrogen levels down to nil/none) is not a fun experience. Sore joints, no libido to name a few sides.

Which brings me to my next point of conversation, the natural test boosters such as Blue UP. While it's an amazing product, the increase of testosterone WILL increase estrogen, no matter what you do. The body will balance itself out via aromatase. While this would be an ideal anabolic situation, such as better muscle building, increased test and increased sex drive, there's a possibility of estrogen related side effects. Note: It's usually not strong enough to manifest itself in most people, but if you are sensitive to estrogen then it would.

So, what's your best plan of action? My opinion would be to combine both AI and Natural test boosters. Low dose AI to keep estrogen in check and a product like Blue UP to signal the increase of test. I think that's why DS recommends their Rebound + Activate stack, it's like the double pronged approach is the best. With a low dose of AI combined with BU you will reap the benefits of testosterone without getting too much or too little estrogen.

There's also, arguably, a chance of rebound with the use of AI. But since you are keeping the dose low, it shouldn't be a problem.

A product I've had good results with has been Forza-T, which is 6-oxo combined with ZMA and tribulus. Another example of the double pronged approach.
    Last edited by RenegadeRows; 06-21-2007, 06:36 AM.

Comment

also, do you want to put a hormone in your body, or herbals that will increase test naturally.
      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
      Purple Psyko
      Gold Feast
      Blue Gene
      Blue Growth
      REDuction AM/PM Shots
      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
      Orange TRIad
      White Flood (5 Flavors)
      Black Hole
      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
      Green Bulge
      White Blood 2
      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
      Blue Up
      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
        also, do you want to put a hormone in your body, or herbals that will increase test naturally.
        Agreed. There's no rebound with herbals. It won't wack your out 'homeostasis' either

Comment

don't laugh, but years ago when I read "aromatize", I thought it was something that made you smell good.

I said, don't laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs

So then this falls under the hormone catergory? Obviously I am interested in keeping my body in prime condition all around with very minor tweaks/sides at best so I had to ask. I've gone two rounds with BU-SF and am happy with the product. Could be more doses per bottle in my opinion......
            However, it didn't let me down at all. I was just looking at the andro as another option. I just don't want to chance gyno. As it is my chest is bigger than my wife's is! Good info RR, thanks.
            Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
            Purple Wraath
            Green Magnitude
            Orange Triad
            White Flood
            Blue Up
            100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

So then this falls under the hormone catergory? Obviously I am interested in keeping my body in prime condition all around with very minor tweaks/sides at best so I had to ask. I've gone two rounds with BU-SF and am happy with the product. Could be more doses per bottle in my opinion......
              However, it didn't let me down at all. I was just looking at the andro as another option. I just don't want to chance gyno. As it is my chest is bigger than my wife's is! Good info RR, thanks.
              no prob
              it's not under the exogenous hormone category like steroids, but it will play with your hormone levels

Comment

Solid combo IMO, especially bang-for-buck

I would definately taper up / down however.

Comment

Thanks guys. Will definately take the advice in hand when I start bulking. For the time being, I put in an order of WF and BU-SF at nutraplanet ($57 bucks out the door!) so I should be seeing that this weekend at the latest. Thinking back, I did lose my largest amount of weight/fat while on BU, so I'm going to see if I can get a repeat performance out of it for another 10lbs off atleast!

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Thanks guys. Will definately take the advice in hand when I start bulking. For the time being, I put in an order of WF and BU-SF at nutraplanet ($57 bucks out the door!) so I should be seeing that this weekend at the latest. Thinking back, I did lose my largest amount of weight/fat while on BU, so I'm going to see if I can get a repeat performance out of it for another 10lbs off atleast!
                    Nice... log your progress if you can, your updates are great

Comment

I personally say that hands down, nothing will boost your test better than an ATD and a Trib/Jack product. Problem is this: Androstenetrione is not an ATD, its a suicidal AI... A better option would be something like Inhibit-E + Blue Up... Reasoning: Inhibit-E binds to the receptor site of the aromatase enzyme, which means it doesn't 'kill' the enzyme off. ATD will also not allow any extra DHT or diol conversions to happen. In essence, if weight loss is the primary goal, I think that would be a good base to help retain muscle. Retain 2 at double dose seems to be great to

Comment

Originally posted by RisingAgainst
                        I personally say that hands down, nothing will boost your test better than an ATD and a Trib/Jack product. Problem is this: Androstenetrione is not an ATD, its a suicidal AI... A better option would be something like Inhibit-E + Blue Up... Reasoning: Inhibit-E binds to the receptor site of the aromatase enzyme, which means it doesn't 'kill' the enzyme off. ATD will also not allow any extra DHT or diol conversions to happen. In essence, if weight loss is the primary goal, I think that would be a good base to help retain muscle. Retain 2 at double dose seems to be great to
                        have to agree here. ATD products seem to be better at cutting you up than 6-oxo, but it really kills my libido off (although when I cease use of ATD, the libido comes back stronger than before.)

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                          Solid combo IMO, especially bang-for-buck

I would definately taper up / down however.
                          What type of dosage would you reccomend to taper?
                          kane@controlledlabs.com
                          Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                          Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                          www.controlledlabs.com
                          www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                            have to agree here. ATD products seem to be better at cutting you up than 6-oxo, but it really kills my libido off (although when I cease use of ATD, the libido comes back stronger than before.)
                            Just a thought, blue up being added in would counteract that to an extent, and also, AX's old PCT (the original one) is a methylated ATD and it didn't hurt libido at all.

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf
                              What type of dosage would you reccomend to taper?
                              With which product(s)?

Comment

Working...
                              X