Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes

What are some good shoes to invest in for cardio and lifts such as squats, bench presses, military presses, deadlifts, etc.?
    "My pain is self chosen."-Mad Season
    "When it's game time, it's pain time baby."-Terry Tate

I see alot of powerlifters wearing Converse chuck taylors. Any shoe/sneaker that keeps your feet close to the ground with a flat sole, like a wrestling shoe or sneaker designed specifically for lifting.

Exceptions to this rule would be the small percentage of the population that has supinated feet (don't decelerate or absorb shock well).

Comment

For cardio I love my shox and reax. For lifting I use a crosstrainer with very flat soles. Over all for a lifting shoe I do not recommend anythign shox style as they do nto have as much stability as regular cross trainers.

Comment

Asics baby. Nuttin but Asics!!!
        Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

I never had any knee/shin problems until I started using Chucks about 6 months ago. It wasn't exactly my knee that was hurting, it was the shin right below the kneecap that was painful while squatting and even climbing stairs. 2 weeks ago I went back to cross-trainers, and the pain is all gone! It must have just been me I guess.

Comment

I love my shox.

A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

recently switched from shox to air trainers and can tell a difference (positive)

asics for cardio
              jdouchebag for president

Comment

I just got the Shox fleet for training and like them so far, however for heavy legs, deads, and push presses nothing beats a non air type cross trainer. I always feel the heal squish and some what off balance.

Comment

you should lift in flat shoes... i believe i once read leg lifts like DL/Squats are even better when done bare foot..

and run in special shoes that fit your foot the best.

i got a pair of basics from a local running shoes tore... the guys like a semi pro/pro runner or whatever (who knows) and spent like 5minutes analyzing my foot, than gave me three shoes, all which felt like heaven. I went with the mid price/best feely of them all.

i also got these socks called "jox socks" (unsure of spelling) they feel like heaven in the shoes.

my old ruinning shoe i wore alot, not just when running. now i only wear them when i run and it makes a huge difference.

Comment

please provide links to shoes, if possible, so I know what to get.

Comment

To the OP:

Do you want a shoe that will work for everything or a shoe for x and a shoe for y?

Comment

I have heard that Nike Frees are good for lifting.

Comment

Croc sandals are amazing. i got a pair for 23$ yesterday with a masive blister on my heal, and they felt better than walking barefoot or anything else I owned. <3

Comment

Chuck Taylor's for deads, Asics 8200 series for running.
                            Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                            Purple Wraath
                            Green Magnitude
                            Orange Triad
                            White Flood
                            Blue Up
                            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Asics are making a comeback huh ? I'll have to look into the new ones (need something wide).

Comment

Working...
                              X