• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What rep range would you recommend?
    Wrist wraps fix everything.

Comment

Originally posted by matt24002
      What rep range would you recommend?
      You can very between heavy (4-6)or medium (8-10). It really leaves it open to how you feel and if you want to go big or rep out.

Comment

Alright, giving it a go. Feeling pretty good and angry after a long day at work so I should be in for a fun night.

Comment

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Comment

It was a rather intense and interesting experience last night. I did one x12 to warm up and then jumped in. I'm not used to starting that intensely and staying there. I did most of what ddawg proscribed with a little variation:

Back
            Wide-Grip Lat pull-down 4x8 (110, 120, 130, 140)
            BB Bent-over Row 4x8 (155, 175, 185, 185)
            Single DB Row 4x8 (80, 85, 90, 90)
            Reverse-Grip Lat pull-down 4x8 (90, 100, 120, 140)

Bis
            BB Curl 4x8 (85, 105, 115, 120)
            Preacher Curl, close grip 3x8 (85)
            Overhead Cable Curls 3x8 (25, 30, 35lb I think, 5, 6, 7 on cables)

By the time I got to the Preachers I was shot. The biggest problem for me was my pacing and time in between sets. I feel like I lingered way too long than I should have. Roughly how much time should I be resting?

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
              You can very between heavy (4-6)or medium (8-10). It really leaves it open to how you feel and if you want to go big or rep out.
              Can't go wrong with this IMO

Comment

It was a rather intense and interesting experience last night. I did one x12 to warm up and then jumped in. I'm not used to starting that intensely and staying there. I did most of what ddawg proscribed with a little variation:

Back
                Wide-Grip Lat pull-down 4x8 (110, 120, 130, 140)
                BB Bent-over Row 4x8 (155, 175, 185, 185)
                Single DB Row 4x8 (80, 85, 90, 90)
                Reverse-Grip Lat pull-down 4x8 (90, 100, 120, 140)

Bis
                BB Curl 4x8 (85, 105, 115, 120)
                Preacher Curl, close grip 3x8 (85)
                Overhead Cable Curls 3x8 (25, 30, 35lb I think, 5, 6, 7 on cables)

By the time I got to the Preachers I was shot. The biggest problem for me was my pacing and time in between sets. I feel like I lingered way too long than I should have. Roughly how much time should I be resting?
                Nice workout! i take usually anywhere between 30-60 seconds between sets.

Comment

Nice workout! i take usually anywhere between 30-60 seconds between sets.
                  That's good for building muscle and endurance. If you go with the lower reps, make that times 1-3 minutes so you can recuperate and get the most out of the workout. My .02 and hope DDawg doesn't mind me stepping on his toes with that!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                  US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                    That's good for building muscle and endurance. If you go with the lower reps, make that times 1-3 minutes so you can recuperate and get the most out of the workout. My .02 and hope DDawg doesn't mind me stepping on his toes with that!

Ouch!

Just kidding! Good addition and one I left out. I rarely go 3 minutes on my ME days but that is some research I am doing for performance reasons and competition.

Thx for looking out!

Comment

Ouch!

Just kidding! Good addition and one I left out. I rarely go 3 minutes on my ME days but that is some research I am doing for performance reasons and competition.

Thx for looking out!
                      I find this to be an interesting discussion. I was always part of the 30-60 second camp because I like pushing and fatiguing myself. But ever since I've been getting intense in the Olympic lifts, my trainer will have us rest in the 2-3 minute range.

On a side note, I'm absolutely addicted to the OLs. Your front/rear delts, traps, and back get ridiculous, not to mention legs. All my pocket money is going into a Tues/Thur/Sat class, which lets me do ddawg's split M/W/F. All this makes me wish I wasn't so lazy and started in high school.

Comment

I find this to be an interesting discussion. I was always part of the 30-60 second camp because I like pushing and fatiguing myself. But ever since I've been getting intense in the Olympic lifts, my trainer will have us rest in the 2-3 minute range.

On a side note, I'm absolutely addicted to the OLs. Your front/rear delts, traps, and back get ridiculous, not to mention legs. All my pocket money is going into a Tues/Thur/Sat class, which lets me do ddawg's split M/W/F. All this makes me wish I wasn't so lazy and started in high school.

It is never too late, just be happy you are getting in there now.

Comment

x2 to the high school statement. I'd be a beast if I did it like I should have for hockey and football, but no, partying > weights in that time frame....

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
                          Purple Wraath
                          Green Magnitude
                          Orange Triad
                          White Flood
                          Blue Up
                          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Ouch!

Thx for looking out!

No prob D. I rarely go for the 3 minutes rests as well. I usually shoot for just the 60 seconds, but it depends on if working with someone, amount of crap we talk about, if I decide to jog a lap between sets, etc. It's pretty much how I feel. However, since I started on White Flood, I've been more inclined to super and giant set and say fuck resting completely. Ah, gotta love White Flood and how it just makes you want to pop, pop, pop!!!

Current Supps:
                            Purple Wraath
                            Green Magnitude
                            Orange Triad
                            White Flood
                            Blue Up
                            100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                              Sig material ?

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                                Sig material ?
                                Never thought I'd see a Ruby Rod reference so tactfully and deftly integrated into a bodybuilding forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X