No announcement yet.

Orange Triad took my lunch money!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 13 - oh there were some fireworks on this day! Happy be-lated 4th people!

Overview: Got up nice and early to hit my session before laying into some bbq ribs, t-bone steaks and a variety of other goodies from our cookout. Woke up feeling good too. Days off in the middle of the week are nice, but I could ask for more of them! Well, let's get to it, back and legs!

Supplements: See previous posts for choices and times.

Cardio -
    None today.

Deadlifts - (rack deads/resets)
    95x10x1
    135x10x1
    225x10x2
    275x8x2
    315x6x2
    335x3x1
    (PB)
    *Chose to work on form today with everything leading up to the 335. I did dead's off the lowest level pins and standing on an aerobics step-up board so the bar was about 2 inches below my kneecaps to start with and worked from there. Resetting after each dead is a pain in the ass but felt good as hell. Just eats up alot of time.

Leg Press -
    305x20x4

Lat Pull Downs -
    100x12x1
    120x10x1
    150x10x2

1 arm bent over rows -
    60x15x1
    80x12x1
    110x8x1
    (PB)
    *My hands were torn up by this time and holding these was a bitch.

Weighted decline sit ups -
    BW+10x20x1

Weighted decline twists -
    BW+10x20x1
    BW+25x20x1

*My obliques are lacking IMO. My abs are shaping nicely but the obs aren't keeping up. Gotta work on this...

Thoughts: All in all a good day. After the deadlifts and leg press, I really wanted to do nothing else. Good thing a few guys I lift with were there. Started bullshitting and sure enough, got me working in then. Was really happy with my rows and deads and look forward to pushing them harder!

Well, alittle more than 1/2 way through my bottle of Orange Triad and so far, it's done what it's touted as doing. It's great for the joints, energy and controlling appetite. I'm really happy with it, and adding White Flood and Blue Up to it just seems to make everything better. Some great synergy here in Controlled Labs products, and I look forward to more of the same in the future!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
      Well, alittle more than 1/2 way through my bottle of Orange Triad and so far, it's done what it's touted as doing. It's great for the joints, energy and controlling appetite. I'm really happy with it, and adding White Flood and Blue Up to it just seems to make everything better. Some great synergy here in Controlled Labs products, and I look forward to more of the same in the future!

Hell yea !! And workouts are looking solid !!

Comment

Day 14 - Saturday's Workout!

Overview: Felt tired as hell from Friday night, just not sleeping right lately I guess. I think I need to make some changes to my diet as well as my strength, or lack there of is starting to bother me. My bench is just getting weaker, as have other exercises. I don't know what's going on with it. Well, perservere and overcome, right? So with that, today was chest!

Supplements: Same as usual, check previous posts.

Cardio -
        Ran 1/8 mile sprints in between sets.

Flat bench -
        135x15x1
        185x10x1
        205x8x1
        225x3x4
        185x8x1
        135x5x1

*Sad, my bench is so lacking lately....

Incline Smith Press -
        135x10x2
        155x8x2

Flat Bench DB Press -
        60x12x2
        70x10x2
        75x10x1

Thoughts: Spent a ton of time changing things on bench but I still covered what I was really going for. I'm seriously getting peeved at my lacking strength, and I am going to refocus on my diet and intake. Perhaps that's the main problem. We'll see.
        Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
        Purple Wraath
        Green Magnitude
        Orange Triad
        White Flood
        Blue Up
        100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Day 15 - Another case of the Mondays....

Overview: Well, took Sunday off to play a bit of tennis early morning with my pops and my shin/calf was still bothering me so I decided to rest the remainder of the day. So, today was back and was looking forward to trying to duplicate my 335 lift the other day, but to no avail...Orange Triad is working great as usual. No creaks, pops, or pain anywhere else and I've noticed my knees feeling much better after runs/workouts. Definately needs to be a staple in peoples supplement lines!

Supplements: Same as prior workouts, check back in the log!

Cardio -
          5/8 mile jog - 4:30

SLDL -
          135x10x2

Deadlifts -
          185x10x1
          225x10x1
          275x8x1
          295x3x1
          315x0x1 - fucker was 6" off the floor and I couldn't get out of the hole!
          245x8x1
          225x5x1

*Wtf, honestly...

1 arm rows -
          70x12x3
          *Each arm

Seated cable rows -
          100x15x1
          150x12x1
          200x10x1

*Did it the old skool Arnold way with the deep forward lean to stretch!

Shrugs -
          225x15x3
          *Bet I'll be sore tomorrow, since I put these away awhile back...

Thoughts: Today wasn't too bad actually. Just pissed on my deadlifts. I'm seriously starting to doubt myself, but aside from diet, I may have to humble myself as well and go back down a bit before I can go up. My form out of the hole on deadlifts I think is my problem area, but not sure what I can do to really correct it. When I did them off the pins, a few inches from where they were at today, it was much easier. So apparently I have a 4-6" problem area that needs solving......On another note, Controlled Labs products are definately keeping me focused, and motivated even though my numbers aren't where I want them. Almost outta Green Mag so I need to re-up an order and maybe add some L-Glutamine too it too.....

Last edited by Spartan; 07-09-2007, 06:23 PM.

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

315x0x1 - fucker was 6" off the floor and I couldn't get out of the hole!
            I've been there and I hate it !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
              I've been there and I hate it !!!!
              Yeah, I need to figure my problem area on that lift. I use to hit it (pre-3 week vacation that is) for 3-5 reps but now can't for shit off the floor. Off the pins and on a step, I can easily do it. Ugh!

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Day 16 - Tack on another day!

Overview: Got up today and I was actually only going to go in, talk to the head Fitness person for a few and do some cardio. What happens? Chest day! Spur of the moment since my lifting partner was there I had to lift. Force of nature IMO. However, tried to stay light and good form since I did chest like 2-3 days ago.

Cardio -
                Non-existant today....

Flat Bench Smith Press -
                (going off what standard would be since I don't know what weight the Smith's bar is rated for. I think 25 to be honest....)
                135x12x1
                155x12x1
                175x12x1
                195x10x1
                215x8x1
                235x8x1
                195x8x1
                155x6x1
                135x6x1

*Actually dig this on occassion since it allows me a better stretch in my chest close to my front delts and also I can put the line of travel exactly where I want it to be.

DB Flyes 45 degree incline bench -
                30x12x2
                35x10x2

Close Grip Bench Smith Press -
                135x10x2
                155x8x2

Thoughts: Got into the gym late, as again, I wasn't anticipating doing any lifting. Not upset with the workout as it felt good to not have to try and lift to max on everything but instead going nice and easy. White Flood, Orange Triad and Blue Up were once again there to save the day! Almost out of Green Mag.....I think I need a "tester" tub sent ASAP of that new flavor!
                Oh, and definately digging the White Flood "old" flavor. I've gotten so attached to that it's ridiculous. Well, on tap for tomorrow, SQUATS!

Orange Triad - 10/10 - Always great energy, joints feeling great!

White Flood - 10/10 - Great taste, mad energy, obscene focus!

Blue Up - 10/10 - Nothing like pounding out a set and saying, "Fuck it, I need more weight!"

Current Supps:
                Purple Wraath
                Green Magnitude
                Orange Triad
                White Flood
                Blue Up
                100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Yeah, I need to figure my problem area on that lift. I use to hit it (pre-3 week vacation that is) for 3-5 reps but now can't for shit off the floor. Off the pins and on a step, I can easily do it. Ugh!

My guess is you'll nail it next time (and then some ?)

Do you do speed deads at all (will go back through log as well)

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                    My guess is you'll nail it next time (and then some ?)

Do you do speed deads at all (will go back through log as well)

Well, I pulled 295x3 from the floor a few days back and 335x5 off the pins before that. I don't do speed deads, as I'm not familiar with them really. I try to keep it controlled and steady more than anything. I'll have to look into that.

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Day 17 - Time to blast them legs!

Overview: Well, coming to the completion of my bottle of Orange Triad here soon. I think I'm about 1/4 from finishing, or there abouts. I have to give it to Controlled Labs. This is truly a great product. Before Orange Triad, I didn't put too much thought into things like Glucosamine for my joints. I thought it was kind of bullshit to be honest. However, today was the definate truth bearing event that says yes, this shit really does work and really does help! Follow with and I'll explain....

A long time ago in a land far far away....whoops, wrong story. Anyways, if you search for a "discussion" between myself and a fellow named Lancer here, the jist of it was, I avoided squats due to the pain it caused me and I would do most everything in place of it. However, I was actually able to do, for the very first time with no pain or even popping whatsoever, squats both free and smith as well as front squats. I was amazed. And this wasn't just a 3-6 inch drop, this was almost ass to ground squats, the deep deep squats and I felt perfect. Enough with boring you....

Cardio -
                      1/4 mile jog following the workout.
                      *I felt like I was Forest Gump or something since my legs were toast and I went to run and almost fell on my face after like 3 steps.

Squats -
                      135x12x1
                      155x12x1
                      225x12x1
                      275x10x1
                      315x5x1
                      225x10x1
                      155x8x1

*Felt DAMN good.

Front Squats -
                      135x10x2
                      155x10x2

*Still getting use to this. I don't have a broad chest so the load is almost solely on my shoulders and actually painful after about 5 reps.

Leg Press -
                      485x12x3
                      *Cake.

Laying Leg Curls -
                      135x8x3
                      *Literally kicked my ass. Hammies still sore from the SLDL a few days back.

Leg Extension -
                      135x12x3
                      *Again, cake.

Thoughts: Well, I need for one, to get my hamstrings to be stronger. I think this has led to low back problems since my quads are stronger and pull my pelvis out of alignment a bit. It has improved though since I began lifting as deadlifts no longer leave me hurting for days after. I don't know if it was my partner hyping me up, my Thunder Cats t-shirt or the Controlled Labs products, but I felt damn good today lifting and was doing so on an empty stomach for the first time in a while. I know however, I'm going to be hurting come tomorrow. I should really lift at my capacity, but I love to push myself to lift at/near my partners when I can keep up with his weights. This was a light day for him, since he wants to do deads tomorrow, so if I can roll out, so am I. Woot!

Current Supps:
                      Purple Wraath
                      Green Magnitude
                      Orange Triad
                      White Flood
                      Blue Up
                      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Well, rolled out today and guess what, legs were torched. So damn sore it was ridiculous. Can't complain though, I've been lifting since Saturday so I needed a day and my body told me it was today. I decided to go ahead and take my Blue Up, Orange Triad, White Flood, Green Mag and Purple Wraath servings today to assist with recovery. I wanted to go since it was deadlift day for my partner but my body said, "keep your fucking ass home today, I need a break". Tomorrow though, my body doesn't know it yet but it is getting an ass kicking in the form of Deads and I WILL HIT 315!!!!

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Day 18 - What the hell!?

Overview: Rolled out of bed this morning bright and early and damn my legs were still throbbing. Was going to push through at the gym, but my partner was hitting chest/tris and I always work much harder with him getting my hyped so I decided deads will wait till I can give my all and it turned into chest/tri day.

Supplementation: Took all the usual, however, took OT on an empty stomach today and yesterday. Seems to have a better effect first thing in the morning for me empty and then later in the day with a meal.

Cardio -
                          1/2 mile jog - 5 minutes.

Flat Bench Press -
                          155x10x1
                          185x10x1
                          225x5x3
                          245x3x1
                          255x1x1 (PB)
                          175x10x1

*Felt good actually getting some lift back in me, though would've been happier if I had been clean on the 245 and up. Think I'll roll back to 215 for 5-6 sets of 5 for a bit and work up each time out from there.

Incline Bench Press -
                          135x12x1
                          225x3x1 (PB)
                          185x5x1
                          175x8x1

*Was all over the place but since I don't do it much and 135 was like air, I had to test my limit on it.

Laying Pullovers -
                          80x10x3
                          *God this gives a great stretch plus is kinda fun to do. Gave me a head rush though.

Laying Skull Crushers/Close Grip Ez Bar Bench -
                          105x5x3 - SK
                          105x10x3 - Bench

*Superset the movements and damn it was killing my tris.

Standing Tri Ext. Ez Bar -
                          65x12x3

Kickbacks -
                          20x12x2
                          *Just to polish them off.

Thoughts: This was a damn good workout considering I wasn't even in for chest/tri's today. I had constant energy until the last few skull crushers but by then my tri's were blasted anyways. What amazed me was that during Skull Crushers and the Standing Ext. my left elbow use to hurt and pop between movements. That's gone. Orange Triad I'm convinced has helped eliminate that. Seriously liking this product and I think from now on, OT will be my go to multi. No reason not to. Cost is great and effectiveness is even better.

10/10 still.

Current Supps:
                          Purple Wraath
                          Green Magnitude
                          Orange Triad
                          White Flood
                          Blue Up
                          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Comment

[

Controlled Labs has made some of the most kick ass products out there. Anyone that wants to piss away money on BSN, let me kick you in the nuts, take your money, and get you on the Controlled Labs train. I'm still keeping the money though. You won't look like Ronnie, so don't buy the hype that 3x Caffeine Bullshit like Xplode will make you anywhere close. Training and adding legitimate products from Controlled Labs is the ONLY way to go. You don't think so? I'll kick you in the nuts again for shits and giggles then.

Game on!
                              This should be on a tshirt
                              Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Obeast
                                This should be on a tshirt
                                If so, I call royalties. And wtf was that snoop pic?!?!?

Current Supps:
                                Purple Wraath
                                Green Magnitude
                                Orange Triad
                                White Flood
                                Blue Up
                                100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Working...