Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Triad took my lunch money!!

Orange Triad took my lunch money!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Okay people,
    You just listen to the ol' Pork
    Chop Express an' take his advice on
    a dark and stormy night when some
    wild-eyed eight-foot tall maniac grabs
    your neck an' taps the back of your
    favorite head up against a barroom wall.
    An' he looks you crooked in the eye
    an' he asks if you've paid your dues.
    You look right back at that big
    sucker an' remember what Jack Burton
    always says at times like that. "Have
    you paid your dues, Jack" "No, sir,
    I've just charged 'em."

Tale of the Tape:
    Name: Spartan
    Sex: Male, yes, I checked. And so did my wife. Repeatly.
    Height/Weight: Semi-fat ass - 5'10 - 180lbs
    Body Fat: ~17% ballparked
    Ailments: Bad left shoulder, even worse knees, chronic low back pain, I have more crack than a dealer.
    Hopes for product: Alleviate atleast one of these problems.

Big shout out to the boys at Controlled Labs for giving me a shot, when no one else would. To take back my self respect, my dignity, my ability to crap properly. Most of all, to take big orange horse pills three at a time to stave off rigor mortis for another day!

Seriously though, thanks to Pu and the gang for this opportunity to test what I feel will be another Controlled Labs ace in the hole!

Deep Thoughts By Jack Handy:
    Just received my bottle of Orange Triad this past Friday (6/8/07). I opened the box and all I could think was "damn, that's huge bitch!". Ah, love that movie. Back to the action. So, got the bottle out and had to look at the size of these pills. I swear they are the size of the old school amino acid pills. They look like a horse would take them. However, and this is BIG, the coating on the pills makes them VERY easy to swallow. So no reason to NOT take them. Also, they lack a "mediciny" smell or taste which is another plus.

Score this a 10/10 on ergonomics and ease of ingestion.

Backdrop:
    Well, I made sure to not take any supps for the past 2 weeks to let my body clear out entirely (I hope) and reset itself. I took a first doseage Sunday night with dinner, and then have proceeded to take the recommended dosage each day since. However, since I don't eat breakfast pre-gym, my morning dosage could be skewered, but doubt it. I only see this as another variable as I don't eat pre-gym on workout days, but will on off days.

Effectiveness:
    Okay, so I chalk the first few days up to my body getting introduced to this product before reviewing any results/changes. There are a few things you quickly notice:
    1. Appetite has increased slightly. I figure this is from the improved digestive function purported by this product. Not exactly high on this as I'm cutting, however, I feel it's making my meals more efficiently used by my body.
    2. You WILL crap more. I don't necessarily mean more often, but you will earn the title of LOGJAM at your place of business and home.
    3. YOUR URINE WILL BE NEON YELLOW ALMOST ALL FREAKING DAY. I drink about 1.5 - 2 gallons a day of water and green tea. My urine is STILL neon at the end of the night. Obviously, this is just a side effect of the increased B Vitamin. Nothing bad, as whats left is water soluable and goes out with the bath water.
    4. You WILL have MORE ENERGY! Again, the B Vitamin increase along with all the other little goodies make for good times. The energy provided from this, combined with Purple Wraath and Green Mag at the gym is almost SICK! First day I went balls to the wall, and only thing stopping me was puking. Been hitting it hard from start to finish as well, at home as well.
    5. Joint pain/rigor mortis/getting old - staved off another day!

So, let's review. Increased Appetite. You crap more per sitting. Your urine looks almost radioactive. You feel like you can run to the sun. You don't creak and pop like a hardwood floor at the drop of a hat.

Have to give it a 10/10 here as well!

Overall:
    So far, this is shaping up to be another winner for Controlled Labs. I'm only 3 days in, but this stuff acts fast, says what it does and does what it says. So far this is golden, but well keep updating every few days to give you the play by play.

Last edited by Spartan; 06-12-2007, 10:23 PM.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
      So, let's review. Increased Appetite. You crap more per sitting. Your urine looks almost radioactive.[/COLOR]
      Yes, I'm cutting, so this increased apetite is becoming a prollem for me. I've noticed the Pak piss(it looks like if I turned off the lights, my urine would glow), however my pooping seems normal.

Comment

subbed

comedy..i'm in for this one
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

Awesome +

Comment

amazing log so far, results are awesome
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Captain's Log 867-5309

Log Day Numero Uno with Orange Triad. (Plus Purple Wraath and Green Mag!)

Got up, not exactly pumped to hit the gym. I had taken a vacation and been out of the gym roughly 3 weeks so getting back the discipline is paramount. I will be investing in some White Flood perhaps towards the end of this log to see about regaining my "focus". Regardless, while not hyped to go, I dragged ass to the gym and once there, everything was once again right in the world.
              Today was bi's, tri's, and shoulders. TRIceps....TRIad....hmm......perhaps on to something.

Jumped Rope - 15 minutes at start and another 15 minutes at the end. 30 total.

*Usually use this as a warm up to my run, but my MP3 player is down so running is boring with no music and this light music crap they play doesn't cut it.

Biceps
              Standing Ez Bar Curls - 45x12 55x12 65x10 65x10
              Preacher Curls - 45x10 45x10 - Performed super slow, paying strict attention to form and concentrating on the muscle.
              1 Arm Standing Curl - 45x10 40x10 35x8 30x8 25x6 20x6 - Tried banging them out to failure, running the rack one right after another, no rest.

Triceps
              Overhead Ez Bar Extension - 65x12 65x12 65x10 65x10 - I let this drop almost completely to my back as I find it is good for working the weak spot of the tricep where initial response is tougher. Puts a strain on your elbow slightly, but no problems yet.
              Skull Crushers - 50x10x4 - Modded this so I am laying down on a flat bench and will do one skull crusher to my face (doesn't sound appealing ) and extend and then do one shoulder extension (think front lat raise) down to the floor. Gives a great stretch throughout the shoulder region and tri.
              Tricep Push Downs - 90x8x3 - Arms were shaking at this point, so much back and forth with supersetting my arms felt fried but had to push these out.

Shoulders
              Arnold Press - 45x10 50x8 55x4 - Best damn exercise in my book (aside from Deadlifts). I love it!
              Side Lat Raises - 35x10x3 - God it burns!
              Face Pulls - Not sure if same as what Kane talks of, but I use the cable machine with the tricep rope pull and set the pulley at shoulder height. Then I step back and brace my legs so to maintain balance and pull the rope to my face with elbows flaring out. Works the Rear Delts nicely and some minor back. 120x12x4 (Cable machines blow IMO, but this is one area where they're nice to have).

Well, banged that out in just about an hour. Funny, didn't even want to go and I end up obliterating my arms. Meh. I'll be sore for a few days and then, then it's CHEST AND BACK! Oh hell yeah! My favorites!

Tune in Tomorrow - same Bat Channel, same Bat Time!
              Last edited by Spartan; 06-13-2007, 06:21 PM.

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Nice job with your log bro, lotsa details, nice organization and color usage. Looks great
                Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

damn that color pops, nice work soldier
                  REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                  Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                  Purple Psyko
                  Gold Feast
                  Blue Gene
                  Blue Growth
                  REDuction AM/PM Shots
                  REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                  Orange TRIad
                  White Flood (5 Flavors)
                  Black Hole
                  Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                  Green Bulge
                  White Blood 2
                  Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                  Blue Up
                  Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                  GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                  CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                  Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Thanks fellas. Today was an off day, mostly since my son didn't want to get out of bed in time for me to go, resulting in me not wanting to get out of bed, so it was a play day. His ass is getting up though tomorrow!

Oh, and gotta keep the color going. Detail people, DETAIL!!

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Comment

Drei Tage innen bis jetzt (Three days in so far) - Sorry, have an afinity to learn German.

Just like my boy Ice Cube said, "Today was a good day." Why? Because it was chest day! If you don't like chest day, well, you just plain suck then.

Started my day by having a banana for breakfast, my Orange Triad pre-workout and my scoop of Purple Wraath and Green Mag in 32oz of water 10 minutes before and continually through out the workout.

Cardio - 15 minutes starting - Jumping Rope - getting better but not like a boxer yet....I lack that agility Had some "fatigue" in my left shoulder after a bit. Kind of odd, though it is from an old injury...

On to the weights!

Flat Bench Press
                        155x12x2
                        205x10x2
                        225x5x2
                        245x3x1

Not impressive, but nice to get back close to where I was pre-3 weeks off.
                        I tried to make sure on the lower weights to take 4 seconds to my chest, a 2 second pause, and then explode out. This only worked up to 205. I need to improve my mechanics some as well. Shoulder impingement doesn't let me come to the chest, but rather about 1-2" above it unless I go WIDE grip. Regardless, felt great. 155-205 felt like nothing to begin with, was nice.

Incline Bench Press
                        135x10x2
                        175x5x1

Need to add this in more. My upper chest is lacking some.

Flat Bench DB Flyes
                        35x10x2
                        45x10x2
                        50x8x1

Love the stretch this gives the chest on the sternum and in the arm attachment.

Underhand Cable Flyes
                        40x12x3
                        Something new to try.

Flat Bench DB Press60x8x2
                        Gotta get these back up. Use to be at 80's. Meh, it'll come again.

Energy was great today. No let down at all, and the general hungry feeling that was first there with Orange Triad is diminishing. It hasn't gone completely so I still have to keep a few granola type bars here and there for it. I'm going to try to increase my protein intake and see how that responds to the overall picture. I'm definately pleased so far with Orange Triad. I still find some of my joints popping like before, but any pain that had been associated is minor if not gone completely now. Granted, can't expect miracles after not even a week, but it's showing promise. Also, I find I'm not as tired anymore even if I miss a few zzz's. Overall great stuff!

Today was definately a 10/10 day. Up tomorrow, BACK (Ooooooo...deadlifts....)

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

nice work, buddy...can't wait to see the numbers on the deads

jdouchebag for president

Comment

Energy was great today. No let down at all, and the general hungry feeling that was first there with Orange Triad is diminishing. It hasn't gone completely so I still have to keep a few granola type bars here and there for it. I'm going to try to increase my protein intake and see how that responds to the overall picture. I'm definately pleased so far with Orange Triad. I still find some of my joints popping like before, but any pain that had been associated is minor if not gone completely now. Granted, can't expect miracles after not even a week, but it's showing promise. Also, I find I'm not as tired anymore even if I miss a few zzz's. Overall great stuff!

Today was definately a 10/10 day. Up tomorrow, BACK (Ooooooo...deadlifts....)
                            Pretty freakin awesome for a $25 product.. let's see that works out to like $ .50 per day

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                              Pretty freakin awesome for a $25 product.. let's see that works out to like $ .50 per day

Definately. I don't know of another company that I've used their products (Animal, Designer Supps, Biotest, Primaforce, etc) and gotten the same results as CL. All I have to do is round up some WF and BU and I'm good to go!

Current Supps:
                              Purple Wraath
                              Green Magnitude
                              Orange Triad
                              White Flood
                              Blue Up
                              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Working...