Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orange Triad took my lunch money!!

Default Orange Triad took my lunch money!!

Orange Triad took my lunch money!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Okay people,
    You just listen to the ol' Pork
    Chop Express an' take his advice on
    a dark and stormy night when some
    wild-eyed eight-foot tall maniac grabs
    your neck an' taps the back of your
    favorite head up against a barroom wall.
    An' he looks you crooked in the eye
    an' he asks if you've paid your dues.
    You look right back at that big
    sucker an' remember what Jack Burton
    always says at times like that. "Have
    you paid your dues, Jack" "No, sir,
    I've just charged 'em."

Tale of the Tape:
    Name: Spartan
    Sex: Male, yes, I checked. And so did my wife. Repeatly.
    Height/Weight: Semi-fat ass - 5'10 - 180lbs
    Body Fat: ~17% ballparked
    Ailments: Bad left shoulder, even worse knees, chronic low back pain, I have more crack than a dealer.
    Hopes for product: Alleviate atleast one of these problems.

Big shout out to the boys at Controlled Labs for giving me a shot, when no one else would. To take back my self respect, my dignity, my ability to crap properly. Most of all, to take big orange horse pills three at a time to stave off rigor mortis for another day!

Seriously though, thanks to Pu and the gang for this opportunity to test what I feel will be another Controlled Labs ace in the hole!

Deep Thoughts By Jack Handy:
    Just received my bottle of Orange Triad this past Friday (6/8/07). I opened the box and all I could think was "damn, that's huge bitch!". Ah, love that movie. Back to the action. So, got the bottle out and had to look at the size of these pills. I swear they are the size of the old school amino acid pills. They look like a horse would take them. However, and this is BIG, the coating on the pills makes them VERY easy to swallow. So no reason to NOT take them. Also, they lack a "mediciny" smell or taste which is another plus.

Score this a 10/10 on ergonomics and ease of ingestion.

Backdrop:
    Well, I made sure to not take any supps for the past 2 weeks to let my body clear out entirely (I hope) and reset itself. I took a first doseage Sunday night with dinner, and then have proceeded to take the recommended dosage each day since. However, since I don't eat breakfast pre-gym, my morning dosage could be skewered, but doubt it. I only see this as another variable as I don't eat pre-gym on workout days, but will on off days.

Effectiveness:
    Okay, so I chalk the first few days up to my body getting introduced to this product before reviewing any results/changes. There are a few things you quickly notice:
    1. Appetite has increased slightly. I figure this is from the improved digestive function purported by this product. Not exactly high on this as I'm cutting, however, I feel it's making my meals more efficiently used by my body.
    2. You WILL crap more. I don't necessarily mean more often, but you will earn the title of LOGJAM at your place of business and home.
    3. YOUR URINE WILL BE NEON YELLOW ALMOST ALL FREAKING DAY. I drink about 1.5 - 2 gallons a day of water and green tea. My urine is STILL neon at the end of the night. Obviously, this is just a side effect of the increased B Vitamin. Nothing bad, as whats left is water soluable and goes out with the bath water.
    4. You WILL have MORE ENERGY! Again, the B Vitamin increase along with all the other little goodies make for good times. The energy provided from this, combined with Purple Wraath and Green Mag at the gym is almost SICK! First day I went balls to the wall, and only thing stopping me was puking. Been hitting it hard from start to finish as well, at home as well.
    5. Joint pain/rigor mortis/getting old - staved off another day!

So, let's review. Increased Appetite. You crap more per sitting. Your urine looks almost radioactive. You feel like you can run to the sun. You don't creak and pop like a hardwood floor at the drop of a hat.

Have to give it a 10/10 here as well!

Overall:
    So far, this is shaping up to be another winner for Controlled Labs. I'm only 3 days in, but this stuff acts fast, says what it does and does what it says. So far this is golden, but well keep updating every few days to give you the play by play.

Last edited by Spartan; 06-12-2007 at 10:23 PM.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    So, let's review. Increased Appetite. You crap more per sitting. Your urine looks almost radioactive.[/COLOR]
    Yes, I'm cutting, so this increased apetite is becoming a prollem for me. I've noticed the Pak piss(it looks like if I turned off the lights, my urine would glow), however my pooping seems normal.

Default subbed

comedy..i'm in for this one
    jdouchebag for president

Awesome +

amazing log so far, results are awesome
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Captain's Log 867-5309

Log Day Numero Uno with Orange Triad. (Plus Purple Wraath and Green Mag!)

Got up, not exactly pumped to hit the gym. I had taken a vacation and been out of the gym roughly 3 weeks so getting back the discipline is paramount. I will be investing in some White Flood perhaps towards the end of this log to see about regaining my "focus". Regardless, while not hyped to go, I dragged ass to the gym and once there, everything was once again right in the world.
    Today was bi's, tri's, and shoulders. TRIceps....TRIad....hmm......perhaps on to something.

Jumped Rope - 15 minutes at start and another 15 minutes at the end. 30 total.

*Usually use this as a warm up to my run, but my MP3 player is down so running is boring with no music and this light music crap they play doesn't cut it.

Biceps
    Standing Ez Bar Curls - 45x12 55x12 65x10 65x10
    Preacher Curls - 45x10 45x10 - Performed super slow, paying strict attention to form and concentrating on the muscle.
    1 Arm Standing Curl - 45x10 40x10 35x8 30x8 25x6 20x6 - Tried banging them out to failure, running the rack one right after another, no rest.

Triceps
    Overhead Ez Bar Extension - 65x12 65x12 65x10 65x10 - I let this drop almost completely to my back as I find it is good for working the weak spot of the tricep where initial response is tougher. Puts a strain on your elbow slightly, but no problems yet.
    Skull Crushers - 50x10x4 - Modded this so I am laying down on a flat bench and will do one skull crusher to my face (doesn't sound appealing ) and extend and then do one shoulder extension (think front lat raise) down to the floor. Gives a great stretch throughout the shoulder region and tri.
    Tricep Push Downs - 90x8x3 - Arms were shaking at this point, so much back and forth with supersetting my arms felt fried but had to push these out.

Shoulders
    Arnold Press - 45x10 50x8 55x4 - Best damn exercise in my book (aside from Deadlifts). I love it!
    Side Lat Raises - 35x10x3 - God it burns!
    Face Pulls - Not sure if same as what Kane talks of, but I use the cable machine with the tricep rope pull and set the pulley at shoulder height. Then I step back and brace my legs so to maintain balance and pull the rope to my face with elbows flaring out. Works the Rear Delts nicely and some minor back. 120x12x4 (Cable machines blow IMO, but this is one area where they're nice to have).

Well, banged that out in just about an hour. Funny, didn't even want to go and I end up obliterating my arms. Meh. I'll be sore for a few days and then, then it's CHEST AND BACK! Oh hell yeah! My favorites!

Tune in Tomorrow - same Bat Channel, same Bat Time!
    Last edited by Spartan; 06-13-2007 at 06:21 PM.

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Nice job with your log bro, lotsa details, nice organization and color usage. Looks great
    Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

damn that color pops, nice work soldier
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Thanks fellas. Today was an off day, mostly since my son didn't want to get out of bed in time for me to go, resulting in me not wanting to get out of bed, so it was a play day. His ass is getting up though tomorrow!

Oh, and gotta keep the color going. Detail people, DETAIL!!

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Drei Tage innen bis jetzt (Three days in so far) - Sorry, have an afinity to learn German.

Just like my boy Ice Cube said, "Today was a good day." Why? Because it was chest day! If you don't like chest day, well, you just plain suck then.

Started my day by having a banana for breakfast, my Orange Triad pre-workout and my scoop of Purple Wraath and Green Mag in 32oz of water 10 minutes before and continually through out the workout.

Cardio - 15 minutes starting - Jumping Rope - getting better but not like a boxer yet....I lack that agility Had some "fatigue" in my left shoulder after a bit. Kind of odd, though it is from an old injury...

On to the weights!

Flat Bench Press
    155x12x2
    205x10x2
    225x5x2
    245x3x1

Not impressive, but nice to get back close to where I was pre-3 weeks off.
    I tried to make sure on the lower weights to take 4 seconds to my chest, a 2 second pause, and then explode out. This only worked up to 205. I need to improve my mechanics some as well. Shoulder impingement doesn't let me come to the chest, but rather about 1-2" above it unless I go WIDE grip. Regardless, felt great. 155-205 felt like nothing to begin with, was nice.

Incline Bench Press
    135x10x2
    175x5x1

Need to add this in more. My upper chest is lacking some.

Flat Bench DB Flyes
    35x10x2
    45x10x2
    50x8x1

Love the stretch this gives the chest on the sternum and in the arm attachment.

Underhand Cable Flyes
    40x12x3
    Something new to try.

Flat Bench DB Press60x8x2
    Gotta get these back up. Use to be at 80's. Meh, it'll come again.

Energy was great today. No let down at all, and the general hungry feeling that was first there with Orange Triad is diminishing. It hasn't gone completely so I still have to keep a few granola type bars here and there for it. I'm going to try to increase my protein intake and see how that responds to the overall picture. I'm definately pleased so far with Orange Triad. I still find some of my joints popping like before, but any pain that had been associated is minor if not gone completely now. Granted, can't expect miracles after not even a week, but it's showing promise. Also, I find I'm not as tired anymore even if I miss a few zzz's. Overall great stuff!

Today was definately a 10/10 day. Up tomorrow, BACK (Ooooooo...deadlifts....)

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

nice work, buddy...can't wait to see the numbers on the deads

jdouchebag for president

Energy was great today. No let down at all, and the general hungry feeling that was first there with Orange Triad is diminishing. It hasn't gone completely so I still have to keep a few granola type bars here and there for it. I'm going to try to increase my protein intake and see how that responds to the overall picture. I'm definately pleased so far with Orange Triad. I still find some of my joints popping like before, but any pain that had been associated is minor if not gone completely now. Granted, can't expect miracles after not even a week, but it's showing promise. Also, I find I'm not as tired anymore even if I miss a few zzz's. Overall great stuff!

Today was definately a 10/10 day. Up tomorrow, BACK (Ooooooo...deadlifts....)
    Pretty freakin awesome for a $25 product.. let's see that works out to like $ .50 per day

Quote Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    Pretty freakin awesome for a $25 product.. let's see that works out to like $ .50 per day

Definately. I don't know of another company that I've used their products (Animal, Designer Supps, Biotest, Primaforce, etc) and gotten the same results as CL. All I have to do is round up some WF and BU and I'm good to go!

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Tag Vier - Day Four!

Well, took Saturday off. Ended up heading into Chicago and taking my son to the planetarium. Was pretty interesting learning about space. Makes you feel like you're not worth a shit in the whole existance that is the universe. Good times.

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! - Was Father's Day, and I told my wife, "leave me the fuck alone so I can go to the gym!" For once she listened.

Got up nice and early, about an hour before the gym and took a protein shake (2 scoops) in 16oz of milk and took my Orange Triad. About 20 minutes out I mixed my PW and GM in 32oz of water and headed to the gym! I was pumped, Back and Shoulders! So this is how it went down...

Cardio - Jumped Rope 15 minutes (start/ 10 minutes end) - Started feeling a pain in my right shin. Stress Fracture? Shin Splints? Who knows, who cares. After a nights rest, it was gone. Will start running though now that the MP3 is working again!

Front Lat Raises - 20x12x4 - Saw something on BB.com with Charles Glass about shoulders and wanted to try it out. Was a simple front lat raise but at the end, you turn palms outward (thumbs away from each other) and it was suppose to isolate the front lat more. Let me tell you, that shit worked! Felt good as hell and didn't have to go heavy to feel it.

Side Lat Raises - 35x10x3 - Also going off BB.com. Most people will do the 90 degree bend and lift with weights in front of them. This called for a shorter motion and knuckles facing the floor, everything in line to isolate the side lat. Again, that shit worked! You felt it right away and by rep 8, you wanted out. Good stuff.

Rear Lat Raise - 80x10x4 - Took a 80lb barbell and put my hands as wide as I could on it. Bent forward maybe 15 degrees max and pulled the weigt up so I had the 90 degree bend in my elbows without my elbows going above my shoulders. Blasted! Felt like I couldn't lift my arms for a few, but I told my shoulders "wake the fuck up, we're not done!"

Stretched for 10 minutes doing shoulder rotations, windmills, etc to loosen them back up.

Now came the part I was looking forward too. Pure, unadulterated fun and pain. Yes, they can go together.

I hadn't done deads in almost a month (vacation, general laziness, whatever),
    so I was looking forward to this but also hoping I hadn't become a complete pussy in that time and have to go back to 135lb deads.

Deadlifts -
    185x12x1
    225x12x2
    275x6x2
    225x6x1
    185x6x1

I usually don't pyramid, but had to get reps on this. Let me tell you, I am sore as fuck today, but I love it. 275 use to be somewhat difficult for me, but no brace, nothing and it came up like butter. I was actually shocked. I wanted 315, but since I was just coming back, better to not be greedy. I'll save that for later this week with my training partner.

Decline sit-ups - hate them, but have to build a stronger core. Bwx15x4
    Still sore from the other day doing these, but will start adding more reps or more weight to this too. I do them at a 45 degree decline, and stop just short of the pad to tense my stomach more. Good fun.

Well, I put in about an hour and fifteen minutes worth of beating my ass and loving it. Actually, this had to be one of my better workouts motivation wise and feeling pumped after it. Like I said, without CL products, I'd be broker and weaker too. It's nice to know when I spend my hard earned ducets on something, IT WORKS. But it's even nicer when it's free!!!

My weight doesn't seem to be changing too much. Been sitting at 180 for a while now. Not sure what's left to change in my diet, but debating about starting to bulk mid-way through this log. That'll be a long debate though. So we'll see. OT, PW, GM, with some WF and BU will be sweet if I go that route. Time will tell...

Monday and Tuesday are off days. Will be back in the gym Wednesday doing legs so my back and legs can recoup from the deads. Oh yeah!

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Day Five of the Spartan Love Machine Tour!

Well, what can I say. A whole lot actually but that's besides the point. The point is, I'm loving Orange Triad! This has got to be one of Controlled Labs shining star products in my opinion. Purple Wraath and Green Mag are obviously number 1 and 2, but this is biting at their heels with regards to overall effectiveness. Easy to take, no strange tastes/odors, definately does what it says and says what it does. This is like the ass kicker extraordinaire of the Mulit-vit world!

Just a few things before getting to the meat of the matter. Dry weight this morning outta bed was 180 in my skivies (drawers). Not too happy with that but like I said prior, not sure what to add/subtract. I'm thinking cardio needs to go up more and weights limited. Of course that could be obvious though....
    Also, still getting pain in my right shin that is bugging me. Usually it subsides the following day, but bothersome nevertheless. Aside for that, it's rainbows and unicorns.

Woke up at 9:00 today, had 2 scoops ON 100% Protein in 16oz ice cold water. (Yeah, I know but wasn't bad). About 30 minutes later took my Orange Triad and then 10 minutes out from the gym was my PW and GM.

Cardio - Jumped Rope - 5 minutes - I know I said was going cut this out, but I felt like it was a nice warm up. However, my right shin was actting up again. Will try to monitor this better.

Chest -
    Flat Bench Press - Felt weak on the 225's. I couldn't lock out properly.
    160x12x1
    185x10x1
    205x10x1
    225x4x2
    205x5x1

*Note: I went with a WIDE grip today to isolate more chest, so my index finger was just outside of the slit on the olympic bar for positioning. Felt great though, moreso than with standard. Still getting a strange pain in my left palm though when I go higher weights. Think something in there is mis-aligned.

Incline Bench Press - I don't do them so yeah, it's weak.
    155x5x3

Pec Deck - Had to try something new.
    100x12x3
    *Not a fan of this machine, as the body positioning feels odd. Of course that could be me getting use to the machine too. I'd rather do free weight flyes honestly.

1/2 Mile Run - 4 minutes.
    *Shin was still in some pain from jumping rope, so had to quit at 1/2 mile. Still didn't feel too bad though cardio wise. Will be getting this back up in the near future and shooting for a sub 8 min mile. Personal best is 8:18 so I want it lower!

Overall - Energy was again solid. Aches and pains were minimal (shin only problem). Orange Triad is definately helping my overall program and goals. I mentioned at the start of this log about being hungry more often with this product, but that is starting to subside. I actually am feeling fuller longer now. I think once the nutrients got in line with the partitioning and improved digestion, everything else followed suit.

I'm also going to start increasing my protein intake as well. I was taking about 150g of the ON 100% Protein + daily intake from foods but will be trying to boost that up from 150 to perhaps 250g/day and see what changes. I'm getting alittle bummed at my strength not being where I want it to be, but it'll work itself out in all due time.

Thursday is an offday for me, so Friday we'll be back at the gym working on perfection. I believe we'll be hitting Shoulders/Bi's/Tri's so it'll be another good day.

Oh, and of course, now I can say with 100% certainty. Hulk Hogan was full of shit with that "take your vitamins and say your prayers" crap and you'd be like him.

On second thought, who the hell would want to look like that?!

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

lol...pastamania...

Nice !

Day 6 of the "Fantasic Voyage!"

Overview: Today was just fucking sweet. I hit shoulders and tri's today, didn't get to bi's like I wanted but that's mostly since I caught my training partner at the mid-point of his workout and just fell in and started pounding out sets. To give you an idea of just how good a day it was in the gym today, my tris and delts are STILL throbbing!! Lovin it!

Prep: Got up at 9am this morning, bypassed my shake and just downed my Orange Triad and 16oz of water. Mixed up my Purple Wraath and Green Mag about 15 minutes before the gym and went to town. Recap: No food pre-workout today. Like I said, this would be a deviation with Orange Triad for me, where some days were food and some non pre-workout.

Cardio -
    2:30 minutes of light jog on the treadmill.
    5:00 minutes of dead sprint on treadmill.
    2:30 minutes of light jog on the track.

*Felt good today. Just wanted to get a nice warmup before hitting weights. I'm still debating on throwing more cardio back in since I still have about 10lbs to drop and I need my cardio up anyways. My shin was a NON-ISSUE. No pain, period. Good stuff.

Front Lat Raises -
    35x12x1
    30x10x1
    25x10x1
    20x10x1
    15x8x1
    - Fried.
    *Same as before with hand/wrist supination towards the completion of the motion.

Side Lat Raises -
    35x8x1
    30x8x1
    25x6x1

*Did same as before, with knuckles facing the floor and elbows in line with them and my shoulder. Hard as hell this way.

Rear Lat Raises -
    Didn't do. Will focus on when I hit deadlifts Sat/Sun.

Military Press (Seated/Front) -
    95x10x3
    95x8x2
    - Deload on the rack, bottom of motion, performing stop/pause and working weak point of the motion. Killer.

Ez Bar Skull Crushers into close grip bench/tri ext. -
    105x10x3
    *This is where I caught my partner as he was about to hit it and I hate having to change weights between each of our sets so I ran with him on this as he spotted so I didn't kill myself. This just absolutely BLASTED my tri's. I think if I go solo, I'd drop to 35's on the bar instead of 45's and see how that works. Regardless. It was still bad ass.

Tri push downs (cable) -
    100x10x1
    120x10x1
    140x8x1

*Tri's were blasted always so this was a nice cap to them. It was amazing how easy these felt though after the Ez Bar.

Front Lat Raises (barbell)
    40x10x2
    *Final cap of the day. Both of us were fried after this and it was time to get my grub on.

End thoughts:
    My bench has been disappointing me alot lately. So, I attributed it to the fact I wasn't blasting my delts and tris as much as I should be. That is definately a problem I am going to remedy. My goal is to hit 315 unassisted by the end of summer. I'm sitting at 245x3 right now. I think with improving my shoulders and tris, plus having the recouping effects of Orange Triad, and soon to be adding of White Flood and Blue Up-Stim Free I will hit it. My prediction, and yes it's ballsy, is that I will bench 315 by August 1st. That is my ultimate goal and I know Controlled Labs will help make it a reality.

Orange Triad - Been working like the Alpha Male that it is. I can't say enough about how this has changed my appetite, improved my energy and alleviated most aches and pains while reducing the poping in my joints. Squats are coming this weekend so that'll be a major test.

Purple Wraath - Nothing more you can say. Everything you've heard about it, yeah, it's true.

Green Magnitude - Damn straight.

This has been one of my best days in the gym as far as productivity, energy, and focus. Thank you to Controlled Labs for that. I look forward to bigger and better every time I step foot in a gym now!!

On Deck for Saturday Morning Cartoons - Deadlifts!

Curiousity though, why the hell would He-Man be wearing an Iron Cross on his armor?????

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Thread Information