My routine needs an overhaul . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
    Interestingly leg extension did not bother it, I rotated my leg a little (as you can hit different portions of the quad that way) and leg ext did not bother me. I tried leg press afterwards w/ very low weight (2 plates) and it killed . . . so I decided not to push it. I did stretch before hand and did not have any probs on my 1st 2 sets of squats. I'm not quite sure what I did. Maybe I twisted on the way up or something . . . either way bad Dave!

Cool, I think I will add MP next time, thanks for the advice. Do you do that free standing w/ the barbell or in Smith machine?
    That is weird, well rest and ice and all of that other stuff. I do both free standing and smith, I just switch it out every week.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
      That is weird, well rest and ice and all of that other stuff. I do both free standing and smith, I just switch it out every week.
      I agree I've not had that happen before, rather disconcerting at first. I've been using ice off and on today and it already feels much better. I will continue to rest it as well. I don't think it's a big deal. Thanks again for the input.
      Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Ok, so I had my last day of trying out the new routine. I had a very good work out today. I had high energy all the way through.

* = new lift

Arms
        • *bench dips BW, BW+1plate, BW+2plates, BW+3plates, BW+4plates
        • *close grip bench (on smith machine) 135, 225, 245, 265
        • *BB curls 85, 105, 115, 125
        • *preacher curl 65, 75, 85, 95
        • incline hammer curl DB 40s, 45s, 50s
        • *skull crushers 65, 75, 85
        • push downs 110, 130, 140

Abs - various stuffffff

Thoughts and questions for next time
        • I think I might try dropsets of the bench dips next time . . . today I did these by myself . . . stacked the weights next to me and put them on then went for it . . . kinda akward but worth it I might need to enlist help to do dropsets though
        • What bar do you guys use for skull crushers? I tried narrow grip on the EZ curl bar today but it felt akward. Or should I switch this out for something else?
        • For close grip bench do you let your arms flair out to side or try to keep them in tight to your side?
        Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
          Thoughts and questions for next time
          • What bar do you guys use for skull crushers? I tried narrow grip on the EZ curl bar today but it felt akward. Or should I switch this out for something else?
          • For close grip bench do you let your arms flair out to side or try to keep them in tight to your side?
          I switch betweent he EZ and regular BB for skull crushers, just depends on my mood.

I keep my arms in tight to my side for glose grip.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
            I switch betweent he EZ and regular BB for skull crushers, just depends on my mood.

I keep my arms in tight to my side for glose grip.
            sounds good
            That was what I did for close grip . . . it just felt kind of weird as I am not used to it. I wanted to be sure I was doing it correctly

Comment

Working...
            X