Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr.Dave1 take on CLs Orange triad (sponsored log)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr.Dave1 take on CLs Orange triad (sponsored log)

Dr.Dave1 takes on the Triad

Info on Orange Triad:

Designed for the serious athlete, ORANGE TRIAD delivers!

Serious athletes are unique in that they intentionally subject their bodies to incredible amounts of stress with training and cardio. Over time, the immune system can be compromised, and muscles, tendons, and ligaments take longer to recover which means you can't train them as often as you would like. A deficiency can mean that you aren't getting optimal results from your training.

Designed for the serious athlete, ORANGE TRIAD combines the most proven and effective vitamins, minerals, and nutrients for supporting optimal DIGESTION, IMMUNE system, and JOINT HEALTH into one "twice daily" dietary supplement. The JOINT and FLEX complexes help lubricate joints and cartilage as well as increase the resiliency of connective tissue, while the DIGESTION and IMMUNE complex includes natural anti-inflammatories, digestive aids, and nutrient partitioning agents to take your performance to the next level.

info on me:
    Me
    Currently I am in my last year of medical school Med school takes up a fair amount of my time but I still make it a priority to make it to the gym. Currnetly I am on a two month research elective so I have more free time than usual but I am also studying for the step two of my US medical licensing exam . . . thus I am still getting an average of 5-6 hours of sleep a night . . . not ideal but I seem to function pretty well this way. I find lifting is definitely necessary to relieve stress. I also enjoy working toward my lifting/physique goals. On that note I am not really a "bodybuilder" or a "powerlifter" . . . I do the lifts that I enjoy and keep me looking forward to my workouts. I have recurrent joint issues (knees, shoulders, wrists, elbows) and that was how I got my chance at OT. Nothing extremely serious just enough to be annoying

Lifting history
    I did not start to lift until my junior year of college. However, once I got started I was hooked. At the beginning I did not know much about proper lifting technique and I definitely had no idea about proper nutrition. Long story short . . . since then I have picked up lotsa good info on training and nutrition from friends and various forums. Special thanks to PT's famous thread on eating/training.
    Supplement Hx
    Multis: centrum, Now ADAM, AST32X, Now Opti-men
    vitamins/minerals: folic acid, Glucosamine/chondroitan, B12, fish oil, flax oil, sesamin, Hawthorn berry, niacin, Acetyl L-carnitine
    creatine: Syntrax Swole V3, DS Xceed, CL Green bulge, CL Green Mag, ErgoPharm Cell Fuel, MT CellTech, Bulk CEE, bulk Cre-Alk, Bulk creatine mono
    NO: CL WB, bulk AAKG
    BCAAS/EAAS: Scivation Xtend, CL PW, AI Excell, Leukic, bulk Leucine
    Stims/cognitive enhancers: Stim X, bulk caffeine, CL YN, Syntrax Fyre, CL RA v1
    protein: ON whey, Dymatize elite, AI - WPI, ErgoPharm GF pro, Syntrax Nectar, ISS Whey Matrix
    Other: ALRI Jungle warfare, Mass Fx, hyperdrol, AN IGF2, USP Anabolic Pump, USP Cissus Rx, USP Powerfull, HMB, 6-Oxo, CL Glycergrow
    My current split
    I lift in the AM @ 5:15 M: Chest/Back, Tu Shoulders/arms, Wed Legs, Thur chest/back, Fri shoulders/arms . . . Abs are done 3-4 times per week and cardio is typically 10-20 minutes post workout if time is available
    all exercise are done for 3-4 sets and typically follow the 12-10-8-6 or 10-8-6 scheme for rep range
    Monday
    Chest/back
    DB Flat chest press
    Incline Flyes
    DB decline chest press
    Weighted pullups
    Deadlift
    T-bar rows

Tuesday
    Shoulders/arms
    BB Military press
    Standing row
    Smith machine shrugs
    BB bicep curls
    DB overhead tris
    DB preacher curl
    Rope overhead tri extension

Wednesday
    Legs
    Squats
    Standing calf raises on smith machine
    Leg press
    Seated calf raises
    45 degree squat

Thursday
    Chest/back
    Incline DB press
    Flat DB flyes
    Weighted dips
    SLDL
    Bent over BB rows
    Lat pulldown

Friday

Shoulders/arms
    Arnold shoulder press
    DB side delt raises
    DB front delt raises
    DB rear delt raises
    DB shrugs
    DB alternating curls
    Close grip bench press
    DB Hammer curls
    Weighted bench dips

My current Supps
    Dymatize Elite, fish oil, bulk cissus, CL G-Mag, Scivation Xtend, CL PW and of course CL Orange Triad

How to measure results: right now all I can think of is subjective thoughts on how my joints feels and overall feeling of well being . . . this may be revised and I am open to suggestions

Any questions please let me know. I'll try to update this on a daily basis if possible
    Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Day 1

So, I took my first 3 pills this a.m. and will take the other 3 at night . . . not much to report yet. Today is a rest day. No complaints about pills size (easy to swallow) or taste (no offensive taste). So far so good
    Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
      Dr.Dave1 takes on the Triad

Info on Orange Triad:

Designed for the serious athlete, ORANGE TRIAD delivers!

Serious athletes are unique in that they intentionally subject their bodies to incredible amounts of stress with training and cardio. Over time, the immune system can be compromised, and muscles, tendons, and ligaments take longer to recover which means you can't train them as often as you would like. A deficiency can mean that you aren't getting optimal results from your training.

Designed for the serious athlete, ORANGE TRIAD combines the most proven and effective vitamins, minerals, and nutrients for supporting optimal DIGESTION, IMMUNE system, and JOINT HEALTH into one "twice daily" dietary supplement. The JOINT and FLEX complexes help lubricate joints and cartilage as well as increase the resiliency of connective tissue, while the DIGESTION and IMMUNE complex includes natural anti-inflammatories, digestive aids, and nutrient partitioning agents to take your performance to the next level.

info on me:
      Me
      Currently I am in my last year of medical school Med school takes up a fair amount of my time but I still make it a priority to make it to the gym. Currnetly I am on a two month research elective so I have more free time than usual but I am also studying for the step two of my US medical licensing exam . . . thus I am still getting an average of 5-6 hours of sleep a night . . . not ideal but I seem to function pretty well this way. I find lifting is definitely necessary to relieve stress. I also enjoy working toward my lifting/physique goals. On that note I am not really a "bodybuilder" or a "powerlifter" . . . I do the lifts that I enjoy and keep me looking forward to my workouts. I have recurrent joint issues (knees, shoulders, wrists, elbows) and that was how I got my chance at OT. Nothing extremely serious just enough to be annoying

Lifting history
      I did not start to lift until my junior year of college. However, once I got started I was hooked. At the beginning I did not know much about proper lifting technique and I definitely had no idea about proper nutrition. Long story short . . . since then I have picked up lotsa good info on training and nutrition from friends and various forums. Special thanks to PT's famous thread on eating/training.
      Supplement Hx
      Multis: centrum, Now ADAM, AST32X, Now Opti-men
      vitamins/minerals: folic acid, Glucosamine/chondroitan, B12, fish oil, flax oil, sesamin, Hawthorn berry, niacin, Acetyl L-carnitine
      creatine: Syntrax Swole V3, DS Xceed, CL Green bulge, CL Green Mag, ErgoPharm Cell Fuel, MT CellTech, Bulk CEE, bulk Cre-Alk, Bulk creatine mono
      NO: CL WB, bulk AAKG
      BCAAS/EAAS: Scivation Xtend, CL PW, AI Excell, Leukic, bulk Leucine
      Stims/cognitive enhancers: Stim X, bulk caffeine, CL YN, Syntrax Fyre, CL RA v1
      protein: ON whey, Dymatize elite, AI - WPI, ErgoPharm GF pro, Syntrax Nectar, ISS Whey Matrix
      Other: ALRI Jungle warfare, Mass Fx, hyperdrol, AN IGF2, USP Anabolic Pump, USP Cissus Rx, USP Powerfull, HMB, 6-Oxo, CL Glycergrow
      My current split
      I lift in the AM @ 5:15 M: Chest/Back, Tu Shoulders/arms, Wed Legs, Thur chest/back, Fri shoulders/arms . . . Abs are done 3-4 times per week and cardio is typically 10-20 minutes post workout if time is available
      all exercise are done for 3-4 sets and typically follow the 12-10-8-6 or 10-8-6 scheme for rep range
      Monday
      Chest/back
      DB Flat chest press
      Incline Flyes
      DB decline chest press
      Weighted pullups
      Deadlift
      T-bar rows

Tuesday
      Shoulders/arms
      BB Military press
      Standing row
      Smith machine shrugs
      BB bicep curls
      DB overhead tris
      DB preacher curl
      Rope overhead tri extension

Wednesday
      Legs
      Squats
      Standing calf raises on smith machine
      Leg press
      Seated calf raises
      45 degree squat

Thursday
      Chest/back
      Incline DB press
      Flat DB flyes
      Weighted dips
      SLDL
      Bent over BB rows
      Lat pulldown

Friday

Shoulders/arms
      Arnold shoulder press
      DB side delt raises
      DB front delt raises
      DB rear delt raises
      DB shrugs
      DB alternating curls
      Close grip bench press
      DB Hammer curls
      Weighted bench dips

My current Supps
      Dymatize Elite, fish oil, bulk cissus, CL G-Mag, Scivation Xtend, CL PW and of course CL Orange Triad

How to measure results: right now all I can think of is subjective thoughts on how my joints feels and overall feeling of well being . . . this may be revised and I am open to suggestions

Any questions please let me know. I'll try to update this on a daily basis if possible
      Nice copy and pasting of my log

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
        Nice copy and pasting of my log
        hell yeah I stole the first part from you . . saves me all the work

Comment

hell yeah I stole the first part from you . . saves me all the work
          lol, still, good luck with your log!

Comment

Day 2

Well not too much to report as of yet . . . joints feel about the same as usual. Of note I only got 4.5 hours of sleep before my workout this a.m. and I had a great workout and my energy level was good through out the day . . . not sure if it's related to OT or not but it's worth mentioning. No complaints or side effects noted. So far so good.

Comment

awesome log so far, subscribed
              REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
              Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
              Purple Psyko
              Gold Feast
              Blue Gene
              Blue Growth
              REDuction AM/PM Shots
              REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
              Orange TRIad
              White Flood (5 Flavors)
              Black Hole
              Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
              Green Bulge
              White Blood 2
              Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
              Blue Up
              Blue Up (Stim-Free)
              GlycerGrow (Elements line)
              CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
              Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Day 3

Alright, today was a bit more subdued so I thought I would give a bit more complete entry for day 3.

Today's work out:
                Shoulders:
                BB shoulder press
                115 x 11, 135 x 9, 155 x 6

BB standing row
                105 x 10, 125 x 8, 145 x 6

DB shrugs
                100 x 12, 125 x 10, 150 x 8

arms
                BB curl pyramid set - start with empty bar and do a set of 5 then add 5's to both sides and repeat until you have five on each side then go back down taking one off each side at a time until bar is empty ( I felt the burn today) then did one set of 115 x 5

DB seated triceps extension
                80 x 12, 95 x 10, 105 x 5

DB conc curl
                40 x 12, 50 x 10, 60 x 7

overhead rope triceps extension
                100 x 12, 130 x 10, 150 x 7

single arm biceps cable curls
                70 x 10, 60 x 12, 50 x 14, 30 x 25

I had another very good work out today. My elbows were bothering me a bit on tris but joints seemed ok aside from that. Totally off topic but todays workout took forever b/c I saw too many people that I knew this a.m. I don't like to be a jerk and tell them to STFU but I was pretty close to it today . . . kinda kept me outta my rhythm. Anway, energy level was pretty consistent throughout the day. So far so good, no sides effects noted.

since I forgot yesterday here was monday's workout
                chest
                DB flat bench
                90 x 12, 110 x 9, 125 x 6, 120 x 6

DB incline flyes
                40 x 12, 50 x 10, 60 x 8

DB decline bench
                85 x 12, 95 x 10, 105 x 7

Back
                weighted pull-ups drop sets
                wide grip pronated BW + 90 x 8 & BW + 45 x 10; BW + 115 x 5 & BW + 45 x 9 & BW x 15
                narrow grip supinated BW + 90 x 8 & BW + 45 x 9; BW + 115 x 5 & BW + 45 x 9 & BW

deadlift
                295 x 12, 385 x 8, 455 x 4

T-bar rows
                90 x 12, 135 x 10, 180 x 8

Comment

Day 4

Well, I had another great workout this morning. Today was a bit rushed as a had a morning conference to make it to but I still had a great workout. Surprisingly my knees did not bother much at all on squats or leg press today. I would not have expected OT to affect my joints so fast . . . but hey I'm just reporting what happens. Today I continued to have a nice energy level, got a bit more sleep but I would say that in general my energy has been above baseline since starting.

todays shortened leg workout
                  squat
                  135 x12, 255 x 10, 305 x 8, 335 x 6

standing calf raises
                  275 x 14, 315 x 12, 365 x 10, 405 x 7

leg press
                  540 x 12, 720 x 10, 810 x 8, 900 x 6

seated calf raises
                  180 x 14, 270 x 12, 360 x 8

45 degree leg press
                  270 x 12, 360 x 10, 450 x 8, 540 x 6

Comment

Day 5

I wanted to get this entry in early b/c I won't have a chance tonight. Had a great workout this a.m. No joint pains at all. energy is again slightly above normal . . . may be due to B-complex, who knows? No sides to report. So far I am liking OT; I'll give a synopsis of my first week impressions this weekend.

Today's workout
                    chest
                    incline DB press
                    85 x 12, 100 x 9, 110 x 7

flat bench flyes
                    40 x 12, 50 x 10, 60 x 8

weighted dips drop sets
                    BW + 90 x 8 & BW + 45 x 10;; BW +135 x 5, BW + 90 x 8, BW + 45 x 10;; BW + 135 x 6, BW + 90 x 8, BW + 45 x 11, BW x 22

cable cross overs
                    70 (each side) x 13, 60 x 11, 50 x 9

back
                    bent over BB rows
                    135 x 12, 175 x 10, 195 x 8

SLDL
                    275 x 12, 365 x 8, 415 x 5

lat pulldown
                    250 x 8, 230 x 10, 200 x 12

back extension with 45lbs
                    sets of 23, set of 24, set of 22

Comment

log is looking great. glad the knees are not acting up
                      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                      Purple Psyko
                      Gold Feast
                      Blue Gene
                      Blue Growth
                      REDuction AM/PM Shots
                      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                      Orange TRIad
                      White Flood (5 Flavors)
                      Black Hole
                      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                      Green Bulge
                      White Blood 2
                      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                      Blue Up
                      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Well, I had another great workout this morning. Today was a bit rushed as a had a morning conference to make it to but I still had a great workout. Surprisingly my knees did not bother much at all on squats or leg press today. I would not have expected OT to affect my joints so fast . . . but hey I'm just reporting what happens. Today I continued to have a nice energy level, got a bit more sleep but I would say that in general my energy has been above baseline since starting.
                        Very nice... and similar impressions here. Do you take the Triad followed by food, or food followed by Triad ?

Comment

Day 6

Yet again another great day, I was definitely feeling good in the gym this a.m. Energy was consistent through out the day, which kept me productive. No issues with elbows on tris so that was a nice change and wrists were feeling pretty good through out. OT continues to impress me.

shoulders
                          arnold press
                          55x12, 65x10, 75x8

side delt
                          40x8, 35x10, 30x12

front delt
                          50x6, 45x9, 40x11

rear delt
                          60x12, 50x10, 40x12

smith machine behind back shrug - supinated grip
                          225x14, 315x12, 405x10, 495x7

front plate raises (hold onto a 45lb plate, start at waste with arms straight and lift over head)
                          3 sets of 10

arms
                          standing alternating DB curl
                          40x10, 50x8, 60x6

close grip bench with EZ curl bar
                          105x12, 155x10, 195x7

hammer curl
                          45x11, 50x8, 55x6

bench dips drop sets
                          BW+135x12, BW+90x8, BW+45x8;; BW+180x12, BW+135x8, BW+90x6;; BW+225x15, BW+135x6, BW+90x5

bicep cable curls
                          140x9, 120x11, 100x12, 60x15

single arm tri pulldown
                          70x11, 60x12, 50x14, 30x22

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                            Very nice... and similar impressions here. Do you take the Triad followed by food, or food followed by Triad ?
                            Typically OT then food a bit later, seems to work well

Comment

Nice, Dr Dave is doing a log! Glad it seems to be workign so soon. Have nto started mine yet, still finishing off my old multi.

Comment

Working...
                              X