Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Orange Triad sponsored Log

Quote Originally Posted by El Pena
    Just a short update today since it's been a couple days without one, knees and shoulders have been good the last few days pain free for the most part, other than a few occasions when taking my shoulder to end rom. SIJ continues to be tender so some exercises are out for a while until it quits bothering me. Workouts have been good. Tomorrow is my last day at clinicals, so updates should be more regular after that.
    Not bad !

Default Day 21

Well all done at clinicals, things went really well there, now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my 2nd summer session class makes if not I'll be carrying a 20 hour load in the fall. Shoulders and Knees are feeling good today, haven't messed with the SI joint too much and its been feeling better. Skipped the run due to needing to run some errands before going to the clinic.

Workout 4 sets 8 reps

Cybex Squat Press - 375
    HS Low Row - 140
    Tri pron. pressback - 25
    High Pulley Crossover - 100
    Front Raise - 20
    High Pulley Curl - 80

Default Day 22

Good workout this morning, things are moving right along, I got myself into a pair of 32's yesterday . All done with my first clinical, it was a great learning experience. Except for the SI, joints are feeling good.

4 sets 16 reps

Standing BB Press - 50
    Pulldown, pron. - 100
    Step Ups Bilat. 18 in. - BW
    LF Chest Press - 50
    Single Leg Curl - 40
    Decline situps (2 sets) - BW

Cardio 20 min. Elliptical CT1 R7

Default Day 23

Woke up with some minor low back pain, and a little tenderness on the right tibia, other than that things feel good. Today is normally an off day but since the gym will be closed for the 4th decided to go in and get in a workout. Lifting went by quick, afterwards got on the tread for a nice slow walk, will be using that instead of the elliptical for a while, and will be increasing the incline on it gradually.

4 sets 4 reps

Seated Single Leg Press - 200
    Low Cable Row - 100
    Incline DB - 75s
    Rope Pressdown - 120
    Hammer Curl - 40s
    Wide Upright Row - 95

Cardio - 20 mins. Treadmill 3.2mph
    Last edited by El Pena; 07-01-2007 at 05:43 PM.

Default Day 24

Woke up feeling good this morning low back pain is gone, tibia still a little tender, everything else feels good. Finished the workout in less than an hour including a very good time on the run despite the shin pain.

4 sets 8 reps

Assist. Pullup - -60
    BB Bench - 135
    Seated Leg Curl - 90
    Rev. Peck Deck - 80
    HS Seated Calf - 100
    Cable Rev. Forearm Curl - 30

Cardio - 1 mile run - 6:40.

Default Day 25

Feeling good today back pain is gone, right tibia still a little tender to the touch other than that things are feeling good. Turned in all my paperwork for my clinical, one down two to go. Things went great and I'm looking forward to the next one coming up in January, for now it's back to the classroom.

Workout went very well today, they put up a new chain for the heavy bag at the gym so that will be going back into my workouts soon, I'm looking at only doing it on Saturday's for the time being.

So far the Triad is working about as expected, its keeping the joint pain down and I'm able to complete everything as planned, in addition its seemed to make me a tad more regular, I'd not really noted but I haven't had any gas issues since starting to use it. Once my current supply of glucosamine and multi's runs out, this will become a staple supp., I'm a broke student can't afford to throw stuff out .

4 sets 16 reps

V Squat - 90
    HS High Row - 70
    Cybex OH Press - 75
    Low Pulley Crossover - 70
    Seated DB Tri Ext. - 35
    Alt. DB Curl - 17.5s

Cardio - 20 min. Treadmill 3.2mph on L1 Incline.

Default Days 26 -27

Joints are feeling good, they put up a heavy bag outside of the cardio room so treadmill is out heavy bag is back in , now that I have unrestricted access I'll be doing it 3 times a week joints permitting. Didn't have my gloves today so I couldn't go all out on it with my hands but I did with the feet and wound up slightly bruising the top of my foot .

4 sets 4 reps

Dips - BW
    Hack Squat - 180
    Seated DB Press - 55
    Pulldown, Close Grip - 180
    Single Leg Ext. - 90
    MTS Crunch - 60

Cardio - 25 min. Heavy Bag.

Default Days 28-29

Good couple days joints are feeling good, right foot is still a little tender. I'm back on the treadmill, someone broke the swivel the heavy bag was on so have to wait till it gets replaced, won't hold my breath on that one.

Fri. 4 sets 8 reps

Leg Press - 515
    High Cable Row - 70
    Incline BB - 135
    One Arm Tri Pressdown - 50
    Rev. CB Curl - 55
    DB Lateral Raise - 25s

Cardio - 1 mile run 6:45

Sat. 4 sets 16 reps

Assist. Hammer Grip Pullups - -95
    Back Ext. - BW
    Face Pulls - 50
    Cybex Calf Raise - 90
    Cable Forearm Curl - 25
    Rope Crunch - 25

Cardio - 20 min. Treadmill 3.2 mph 1.5 Incline

So far the Triad is working about as expected, its keeping the joint pain down and I'm able to complete everything as planned, in addition its seemed to make me a tad more regular, I'd not really noted but I haven't had any gas issues since starting to use it. Once my current supply of glucosamine and multi's runs out, this will become a staple supp., I'm a broke student can't afford to throw stuff out .
    Awesome updates man

Things started out not so well I was almost at the gym when I realized I forgot my PW, so I went back to my house to get it . Good thing my gym is less than 10 mins from my house at least . Once I got there though things went smooth finished the workout in less than 45 min. run included. Joints continue to feel good, legs are a bit sore despite that runs have gone well I've stayed under the 7min. mark the last few runs.

4 sets 4 reps

Cybex Squat Press - 510
    HS Low Row - 180
    Tri Pron. Pressback - 40
    High Pulley Crossover - 140
    Front Raise - 35
    High Pulley Curl - 100

Cardio - 1 mile run 6:43

Default Day 32

Once again joints are feeling pretty good, SI joint started to bother me a bit during the shoulder presses other than that no problems. Workout got done in just under an hour.

I have started to note some loss in strength, it would seem my extended cutting is catching up with me, I had originally planned on dropping calories further since the wildcard contest is finishing up, but have decided instead to just maintain at my current calorie level and just go with it and see where I wind up.

4 sets 8 reps

Standing BB Press - 75
    LF Chest Press - 100
    DB Step Ups 16in. - 5s
    Single Leg Curl - 75
    Pulldown, pron. - 140
    Decline Situps - 2.5

Cardio - 20 min. Elliptical 3.2 mph Incline 2.

Once again joints are feeling pretty good, SI joint started to bother me a bit during the shoulder presses other than that no problems. Workout got done in just under an hour.

I have started to note some loss in strength, it would seem my extended cutting is catching up with me, I had originally planned on dropping calories further since the wildcard contest is finishing up, but have decided instead to just maintain at my current calorie level and just go with it and see where I wind up.

4 sets 8 reps

Standing BB Press - 75
    LF Chest Press - 100
    DB Step Ups 16in. - 5s
    Single Leg Curl - 75
    Pulldown, pron. - 140
    Decline Situps - 2.5

Cardio - 20 min. Elliptical 3.2 mph Incline 2.
    Are you doing any type of carb / calorie cycling ? (I should know this but I'm dizzy from swimming )

Default Day 33

Quote Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    Are you doing any type of carb / calorie cycling ? (I should know this but I'm dizzy from swimming )
    Yep carb/calorie cycling, but I've been cutting down for almost 6 months so its catching up with me. Carbs vary from 50-400 and cals from 2200-3500 depending on the day, averages out to about 2650. I'd actually gained strength from a cycle of DT, but haven't been able to keep it, still stronger than I was at this point a year ago though.

Joints are once again feeling good, they actually replaced the swivel already , hopefully the bag is still up tomorrow. I may reintroduce deads and rack pulls next week if my SI continues to improve. Run went well after lifting, kept my time down under 7 min. again.

4 sets 16 reps

Seated Single Leg Press - 90
    High Cable Row - 45
    Incline DB - 40s
    Rope Pressdown - 50
    Hammer Curl - 15s
    Wide Upright Row - 45

Cardio - 1 mile run 6:44

Default Day 34

Well day started out well, joints feeling good, workout went well up until the cardio, had my gloves today so I went all out at the bag and died in 20 mins. . I was literally having problems keeping my hands up towards the end, and I was drenched. It had been a few weeks since I'd gone all out but damn talk about losing conditioning for it fast. More bad news on a different front my SSII class didn't make so I may wind up with a 20 hour load in fall .

4 sets 4 reps

Pullups - BW
    Seated Hamstring Curl - 110
    BB Bench - 155
    Rev. Peck Deck - 100
    HS Seated Calf - 150
    Rev. Forearm Curl - 40

Cardio - 20 mins. kickboxing with heavy bag.
    Last edited by El Pena; 07-12-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Talking Sounds good

Sounds good Keep up the good work!!!!!

Although 20 minutes??........com'on jeje....J/K

Default Day 35

Woke up feeling quite good, joints started out pain free, but both the shoulder and knee acted up a bit during the workout, shoulder still has a dull ache, knee pain has gone away since though. Will probably be making some minor changes to the workouts next week, deads and rack pulls are definitely going back into the program, back and front squats and a few other exercises may also be coming back, Flat bench press and a few others will probably be out, I'll be mulling that over this weekend. Run wasn't quite as good this morning but still under 7 min.

4 sets 8 reps

VSquat - 180
    HS High Row - 140
    Cybex OH Press - 110
    Low Pulley Crossover - 120
    Seated DB Tri Ext. - 50
    Alt. DB Curl - 30s

Cardio - 1 mile run 6:53.

Default Day 36

Woke up good today a little bit of an ache in the left shoulder other than that all was good. Upon further review deads are still out, tried them this morning and they don't feel right, rack pulls though are in, those felt fine so they got done today. BB Bench is out probably for good, will be replaced by incline flies. Workout went by quickly, followed by cardio with the heavy bag. On another note ordered myself a dipping belt which should be here the middle of next week.

4 sets 16 reps

Rack Pulls - 135
    Seated DB Press - 30s
    Assist. Dips - -75
    Single Leg Ext. - 55
    Pulldown, hammer grip - 80
    MTS Crunch - 20

Cardio - 20 min. heavy bag.

Default Day 37

Woke up feeling good today, some minor irritation on the right SI, shoulders and knees feel good though. Lifting went smoothly, the run started a little slow due to some hamstring tightness/soreness, was off pace halfway through so I had to push myself harder than normal on the second half to keep the time down. Almost lost my breakfast afterwards .

4 sets 4 reps

Leg Press - 720
    Incline BB - 155
    Low Cable Row - 110
    DB Lateral Raise - 30
    One Arm Tri Pressdown - 60
    Rev. CB Curl - 65

Cardio - 1 mile run 6:46.
    Last edited by El Pena; 07-16-2007 at 02:15 PM.

Default Day 38

Joints are once again good, even the SI was behaving today. Weight session went well, cardio afterwards went better than last bag session.

4 sets 8 reps

Assist. Hammer Pullup - -45
    Back Ext. - 50
    Face Pulls - 70
    Cybex Calf Raise - 160
    Cable Forearm Curl - 40
    Rope Crunch - 40

Cardio - 25 min. kickboxing with heavy bag.

Default Day 39

Woke up with the joints feeling good but the were legs a little sore, workout went well, run was a little slower than last time, still under 7 min., once again got off to a slow start and had to push it at the end to keep the time down.

4 sets 16 reps

Cybex Squat Press - 190
    HS Low Row - 90
    High Pulley Crossover - 50
    Tri Pron. Pressback - 12.5
    Front Raise - 15s
    High Pulley Curl - 50

Cardio - 1 mile run 6:51.

Thread Information