GlycerGrow vs. GimpyPaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GlycerGrow vs. GimpyPaw

First off, congrats to me, I won a tub of GlycerGrow in the random drawing CL had last month. Yea, you can all be jealous now. So I figured I would do a log until I empty the thing out.

My current training plan is a follows:

2 wks - Continue bulking w/ 3 days hard lifting (split routine) and one day easy lifting (full body) per week.

4 to 5 wks - cutting down to climbing weight w/ 3 days medium intensity lifting (1/2 hour / full body) followed with 1/2 hour cardio. Walking, stretching, and/or light cardio on off days.
    *by week 3 I will go off creatine cycle.

1 to 2 wk - rest week. Walking every day, keeping diet mostly vegies, fruits, and lean meats.
    *this week I will be off GlycerGrow as well as creatine.

Then I will get my physical for my new Life Insurance pollicy. Hopefully I will have my weight where it needs to be and my blood work / cholesterol will all be in line so that I can nab the "super prefered" rate.

I know it's a long break, but I need to get the life insurance policy renewed, and those twats don't care how "fit" you are, they just want to see your body weight down to a certain range, your blood pressure in the right area, and all the blood chemistry has to be "correct".

After that, it's back to bulking. I will go back on creatine and GlycerGrow.

4 wks - High Volume training.

4 wks - Low Volume / Heavy Lifts training.

So how do I measure the usefulness of GlycerGrow in all this? Well, with only 2 more weeks left in my bulk, I'm going to be looking for increased strength in my lifts and the quality of the pump I feel. After that, when I'm in my cutting phase, I'm going to be looking for energy in my workouts and to try and keep my performance from dropping much as my weight goes down.

I'm also going to watch for how I feel in general, and any positive or adverse reactions will be noted. I will use GlycerGrow pre-workout (1 scoop) and mid-workout (1 scoop)

Other sups being used daily:

Pro-Rated Whey/Cassin/Egg protein blend (morning and pwo)
    Muscle Milk (mid-day)
    GNC creatine mono
    BCAA
    Flax/Fish/Borage oil
    Multi-vitamine
    vitamine B complex
    vitamine C
    Calcium
    Saw Palmetto
    1/2 aspirin

I will try to update at least 3 times a week.

Good luck I think you will love the glycergrow
    MY GREEN MAG LOG
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Good luck GIMPS, show the Glycergrow whos boss.
      If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

I've been working slowly up to full dose, making sure I didn't have any adverse reactions or discomfort. So far, it's been...

1st dose -
        Got the package from CL and I was all excited. I ripped it open and busted out that extra long scoop. We've all had to dig around in a jar or tub with our fingers to find those little tiny scoops, so it was nice to see that thing.

I put 1/2 scoop on my toung and let it sit there for a few secconds before I swallowed it down. I don't mind the taste at all. I mean, it's not candy, but it really doesn't seem to have much of a taste at all.

2nd dose -
        1 scoop. I decided to try mixing it with water and drinking it slowly durring my workout. The stuff just sort of floats on the surface, and it actually made the water taste worse. I have no idea what's up with that. I mean, dry GlycerGrow is nothing, mix it with water and it sucks?

3rd dose -
        1 scoop. This time I took the dose about 1 1/2 hours after I ate, and then worked out about 20 minutes later. I went back to just dumping it in my mouth and washing it down with water. I will do that from now on. I got a little bit of heartburn late in the workout, but that could have been from a variety of things. I'll watch to see if it happens again.

Over all, I haven't really noticed much yet, but then I'm still only working at 1 scoop doses. Monday I will start the 2 scoop dose.

Comment

Im sure you will like it. Its one of my favorite controlled labs products.

Comment

You can reasonably expect some initial size gains during weeks 1-2, accompanied by some additional soreness.

Where GlycerGROW really start to shine is Week 3 + in my opinion (and based on feedback). The difference with GlycerGROW is that there are both IMMEDIATE and LONG-TERM benefits = win win.

Comment

Originally posted by GimpyPaw
              1 to 2 wk - rest week. Walking every day, keeping diet mostly vegies, fruits, and lean meats.
              *this week I will be off GlycerGrow as well as creatine.

Then I will get my physical for my new Life Insurance pollicy. Hopefully I will have my weight where it needs to be and my blood work / cholesterol will all be in line so that I can nab the "super prefered" rate.

I know it's a long break, but I need to get the life insurance policy renewed, and those twats don't care how "fit" you are, they just want to see your body weight down to a certain range, your blood pressure in the right area, and all the blood chemistry has to be "correct".
              Awesome !!

Please make sure to post your bloodwork results and make sure I see it !! (can you also post your previous results if possible ? )
              Last edited by pu12en12g; 06-04-2006, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Sunday morning, as I do every Sunday morning, I checked the scale and took my measurements (forearm, bicep, waist, thigh, and calf). I was down 3 pounds from last week, which explains why a few of my lifts went down in reps from the previous week. Clearly my body want's to start shedding the winter fat. I'm going to up my callories a bit more for the next week or so.

Today was a brutal day. Late last night my Dad called me and asked if I could help him re-roof his house. We started at 8am and worked until 3pm tearing off the old shingles. It was hot and sweaty work. Then I left and went to another house to tear out a wall. I finally got home at 6:30, and had to leave to take my son to baseball practice. I had time to snarff down 2 eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, and a protein shake before we left.

We got home and I see that my workout partner is already lifting in my garage. I dash in the house, throw a scoop of GlycerGrow in my mouth, wash it down, and get out there to start lifting. It went down like this...

DB Upright Rows .................. 35x10 50x10 50x10 (x-reps)
                Seated Forward Lean Laterals 20x10 30x10 30x10 (x-reps)
                Standing DB Press ............... 35x10 45x10 45x10
                BB Shrugs .......................... 200x10 270x10 270x10
                Bent-Over BB Rows ............. 110x10 110x10
                DB Preacher Curls ............... 20x10 40x7 40x4 35x3
                Concentration Curls ............ 35x10 35x10 (x-reps)
                Seated Hammer Curls .......... 35x10 35x10
                DB Reverse Wrist Curls ........ 25x10 25x10
                DB Wrist Curls w/ Finger Roll 35x10 35x10

About half way through I took another 1/2 scoop of GlycerGrow.

OK, I blew it on the preacher curls, going down on reps from my previous, but I made up for it by hitting my target reps in every other exercise in the whole routine. Given the day I had, I was very happy with those numbers.

I got that little twinge of heartburn again late in the workout. Nothing bad, just a slight discomfort. Could also be due to the unholy amount of water I've pounded down today. I will continue to monitor it.

Comment

cant wait for my GG, HOPING to recieve it 2moro

Comment

Sunday morning, as I do every Sunday morning, I checked the scale and took my measurements (forearm, bicep, waist, thigh, and calf). I was down 3 pounds from last week, which explains why a few of my lifts went down in reps from the previous week. Clearly my body want's to start shedding the winter fat. I'm going to up my callories a bit more for the next week or so.

Today was a brutal day. Late last night my Dad called me and asked if I could help him re-roof his house. We started at 8am and worked until 3pm tearing off the old shingles. It was hot and sweaty work. Then I left and went to another house to tear out a wall. I finally got home at 6:30, and had to leave to take my son to baseball practice. I had time to snarff down 2 eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, and a protein shake before we left.

We got home and I see that my workout partner is already lifting in my garage. I dash in the house, throw a scoop of GlycerGrow in my mouth, wash it down, and get out there to start lifting. It went down like this...

DB Upright Rows .................. 35x10 50x10 50x10 (x-reps)
                    Seated Forward Lean Laterals 20x10 30x10 30x10 (x-reps)
                    Standing DB Press ............... 35x10 45x10 45x10
                    BB Shrugs .......................... 200x10 270x10 270x10
                    Bent-Over BB Rows ............. 110x10 110x10
                    DB Preacher Curls ............... 20x10 40x7 40x4 35x3
                    Concentration Curls ............ 35x10 35x10 (x-reps)
                    Seated Hammer Curls .......... 35x10 35x10
                    DB Reverse Wrist Curls ........ 25x10 25x10
                    DB Wrist Curls w/ Finger Roll 35x10 35x10

About half way through I took another 1/2 scoop of GlycerGrow.

OK, I blew it on the preacher curls, going down on reps from my previous, but I made up for it by hitting my target reps in every other exercise in the whole routine. Given the day I had, I was very happy with those numbers.

I got that little twinge of heartburn again late in the workout. Nothing bad, just a slight discomfort. Could also be due to the unholy amount of water I've pounded down today. I will continue to monitor it.
                    nice update.
                    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                    Purple Psyko
                    Gold Feast
                    Blue Gene
                    Blue Growth
                    REDuction AM/PM Shots
                    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                    Orange TRIad
                    White Flood (5 Flavors)
                    Black Hole
                    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                    Green Bulge
                    White Blood 2
                    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                    Blue Up
                    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Sorry I haven't updated in a week, but last week I was re-roofing my Dad's house and tearing out a bathroom in another house, so between the 12 hour days, the hot weather, and the back pain I get when I roof, I didn't feel much like lifting. I took a week off.

Sunday's weight and measurements check was a little "odd". I had increased my callorie intake for the week, but I only managed to maintain my weight. Of course, as I mentioned, I was staying fairly active in work, I was riding my mt. bike just about every day, and then there was that 3 hours of volleyball I played. I should have eaten even more if I wanted to "bulk".

The strange thing was that even with my weight constant, my waist has slimmed down for the 3rd week in a row. It's only moving at a rate of about 1/8th per week, but hell, I'm trying to bulk here!

Monday's workout went ok, but I could tell I didn't meet my full nutritional needs. The last 15 minutes I was on a downhill slide and my reps were falling. Here's the log...

BB Upright Rows ................... 90x10 110x10 110x10
                      Seated Forward Lean Laterals 20x10 35x10 35x10
                      Standing DB Press ................ 35x10 45x10 45x10
                      DB Shrugs .......................... 45x10 85x15 85x15
                      DB Rows ............................. 40x10 85x10 85x10
                      Standing BB Curls ................. 70x10 90x10 90x8
                      Concentration Curls ............... 35x8 35x8
                      Hammer Curls ....................... 40x6 40x6

I took 1 scoop GG about 15 minutes pre-workout, and another 1/2 scoop half way in. The heartburn thing was just sort of there, less than any other time. It came about 10 minutes after my seccond helping, and was gone within the next 10 minutes. Very mild anyway.

Comment

Me and my mt. bike have been making some miles together this week. My Jeep needs a new water pump, and saturday is the only day I could do it, so the bike has been taking me to work and back, the store, or any other trips I need. I'm averaging about 12 miles a day. Hence, I skipped tuesday's leg workout. I have to admit one thing, I'm getting faster on that thing.

Friday's workout was the final one of our 10 wk program. We started with a check on our max bench (I made 240, up 10 lbs from 10 wks ago, and came close but failed on 2 attemts at 245) which is pretty lame, but hey, it's going up Then we went into the normal routine, but you could tell we lost a bit of steam from our efforts on the 1RM.

I did this workout WITHOUT taking my GG. Not really intentional or anything, just that I was working late (replacing the water lines under a house for a friend, gotta love crawling for 9 hours) so I grabbed some of that pre-workout nutrition they keep under a heat lamp at McDonalds on my way home and I drove up to my house with my workout partner in the driveway. I just threw on the sweats and we went to it.

The most interesting thing was, once again I got that twinge of heartburn late in the workout. I had assumed it was related to the GlycerGrow, but obviously not. It may be that I'm not getting enough milk or something, but the GG is off the hook as the culprit.

Comment

Me and my mt. bike have been making some miles together this week. My Jeep needs a new water pump, and saturday is the only day I could do it, so the bike has been taking me to work and back, the store, or any other trips I need. I'm averaging about 12 miles a day. Hence, I skipped tuesday's leg workout. I have to admit one thing, I'm getting faster on that thing.

Friday's workout was the final one of our 10 wk program. We started with a check on our max bench (I made 240, up 10 lbs from 10 wks ago, and came close but failed on 2 attemts at 245) which is pretty lame, but hey, it's going up Then we went into the normal routine, but you could tell we lost a bit of steam from our efforts on the 1RM.

I did this workout WITHOUT taking my GG. Not really intentional or anything, just that I was working late (replacing the water lines under a house for a friend, gotta love crawling for 9 hours) so I grabbed some of that pre-workout nutrition they keep under a heat lamp at McDonalds on my way home and I drove up to my house with my workout partner in the driveway. I just threw on the sweats and we went to it.

The most interesting thing was, once again I got that twinge of heartburn late in the workout. I had assumed it was related to the GlycerGrow, but obviously not. It may be that I'm not getting enough milk or something, but the GG is off the hook as the culprit.

Well keep up the good work Gimps. Maybe your pre workout health snack gave you heartburn, I know how healthy McD's is, but that could be the culprit... Yes crawling around for 9 hours is great, I love that. Well keep us posted, GIMPS. Get back on the GG now..
                          If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

So I tell my workout partner that I'm going to diet down a bit. He tells me "Come over to my place monday night, I've got a workout for you."

His idea of a weight loss routine is interesting, to say the least. It's basically 1/2 hour of intense circut training, followed with 1/2 hour cardio. Here is what it looks like...

-----------------------------------------------
                            Cable tricep extensions - 15 reps
                            Seated Cable Rows - 15 reps
                            Incline DB Bench - 15 reps
                            Upright BB Rows - 15 reps
                            BB Curls - 15 reps

2 min rest

BB Curls - 15 reps

2 min rest

BB Curls - 15 reps

2 min rest

BB Curls - 15 reps

5 min rest

2 mile run
                            -----------------------------------------------
                            Each circut is done with no rest between stations, going for a target of 15 reps each, then you get to catch your breath for 2 minutes before starting the next circut. I have to admit, by the time your on the 5th station, your about blown and 10 reps is usually all you can muster.

I took my dose of GlycerGrow and jumped on my bike. A quick 4 mile ride to get over to his house, and we got to it. I found it was an intense workout, and each circut left me out of breath. I was wishing I wasn't currently on a cut, but hey, if cutting was easy there would be no rewards. Still, the lack of callories was noticed in my energy levels.

I skipped the run, opting to take a 6 mile route to ride home instead. That took me about 24 minutes and I was able to stay in a cardio state for the ride.

Over all, not bad for a first time on this workout. It's not a very ballanced routine, leaving the leg work up to the run, but it does burn the callories. He wants to do it 3x/wk, and I think I will try it for a few weeks.

Comment

Tonights workout was another variation of the rapid circut training. Again, you do the circut with no rest between stations, then a timed 2 min. rest, and repeat the circut, only rotate the order in which you begin. Here is what we did.
                              -------------------------------------
                              Bench - 130 x 15
                              Leg raises - BW x 15
                              DB Curls - 35 x 15
                              Tri Extensions - 45 x 15
                              DB Lateral Raise - 15 x 15
                              DB Rows - 40 x 15

2 min rest

DB Curls - 35 x 15
                              Tri Extensions - 45 x 15
                              DB Rows - 40 x 15
                              Bench - 130 x 15
                              Leg raises - BW x 15

2 min rest

Tri Extensions - 45 x 15
                              DB Rows - 40 x 15
                              Bench - 130 x 12
                              Leg raises - BW x 15
                              DB Curls - 35 x 15

2 min rest

DB Lateral Raise - 15 x 13
                              DB Rows - 40 x 15
                              Bench - 130 x 9
                              Leg raises - BW x 15
                              DB Curls - 35 x 10
                              Tri Extensions - 45 x 10

5 min rest and warm-up stretching

1 mile run
                              ------------------------------------

The poundages may seem light, and when you first start the circut you think they are, but by the time you reach the 5th or 6th station, which ever station that may be, you think they are heavy. We should have gone heavier on the DB Rows, but other than that, we were on the right weights.

As for myself and how I would factor the effects of GlycerGrow into all this, I'm still evaluating. It's hard to weigh the effects against my training as I just switched from bulking to cutting in the last few weeks AND have changed my training routines.

There is one telling sign. My training partner, who is NOT cutting, did no better than I did on the routine. We pretty much matched each other reps for reps, and I kept up with him on our short little run. I was a little worried that I might drag my ass a bit, given that I'm pretty much HUNGRY EVERY BLINKIN MOTHER LOVIN' MINUTE OF THE DAY!!! Not that I don't like cutting or anything, just sort of makes a guy feel weak.

Comment

Working...
                              X