Healthy Fats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy Fats?

Would you consider Mayonnaise a healthy fat?

Total Fat - 11g
    Sat Fat- 1.5-2g
    Trans Fat - 0

If not, how do you determine a healthy fat.

hell no

almonds, peanut butter, olive/flax/fish oil, any nuts
    17 year old FREAKST

SUPPLEMENTS.NET REP

Comment

Originally posted by succio
      hell no

almonds, peanut butter, olive/flax/fish oil, any nuts
      Yes, I eat all of those everyday but what makes mayonnaise any worse.

The ratio of Sat Fat to Total fat is less than 20%. I thought that was a huge part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ISneakySneaky

Total Fat - 11g
        Sat Fat- 1.5-2g
        Trans Fat - 0

I dont know, but it's a delicious fat

Comment

Your basic Mayo recipe calls for 2 main ingredients. Egg yolks and Vegetable oil. Neither are good for ya.
          Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
            Your basic Mayo recipe calls for 2 main ingredients. Egg yolks and Vegetable oil. Neither are good for ya.
            Yes, but that still doesn't tell me why it's bad for you. Egg yolks are bad because of the saturated fat content and high cholesterol. Neither of those is present in Mayonaise. I have no idea why Vegetable Oil is bad for you, mind you I haven't read the label of vegetable oil before.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma

so you're saying if I poor some veg oil and a few egg yolks in my mouth and swish for a few minutes I'll spit out mayo?

A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
                so you're saying if I poor some veg oil and a few egg yolks in my mouth and swish for a few minutes I'll spit out mayo?

Couldn't hurt to try and find out

Comment

Avocado's.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva

Aw Seth, making me bust a gut with that.

Egg yolks are bad for you if not in moderation, just like everything else.

You have to look at the fats for what they are. If they are sat. fats, then yes, it can be bad. But are they polysaturated? Those are real bad. You have to dig on the info more to get your answer.
                    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by ISneakySneaky

Total Fat - 11g
                      Sat Fat- 1.5-2g
                      Trans Fat - 0

That's not typical mayonnaise.. looks more like miracle whip. What's the main source of fat, soybean oil?

Comment

Avocados are another great source of healthy fats. They are widely available and accessible, especially in the south-western United States. If you want to use your green smoothie avocado, and a simply cut the avocado lengthwise, half, remove the pit with a knife or a spoon and scoop out the inside. Just add to the blender with everything else. It helps to create a softer composition of their own smoothie.
                        mobile phone batteries

Comment

One of the best sources of healthy fats is the almond. This nut is full of monounsaturated fatty acids. It is recommended that you should eat a few servings of almonds for snacks instead of junk food generally. It can help to fight bad cholesterol and lower triglycerides.

Comment

Another healthy fats is Tuna fish. It is one of the highest percentages of protein or fat for you. With about 23 grams of protein and only 4.1 grams of fat per 100 grams of fish, tuna is one of the most popular sources of protein for bodybuilders and athletes. It is also easy to prepare many dishes with it, tuna salad sandwiches of all kinds.

Comment

Omega 3 and Omega 6 oils are polyunsaturated fats. These can be found in fish, green leafy vegetables, flaxseed oil and flaxseed pumpkin and sunflower seeds, nuts and some whole grains. These oils promote brain function and cardiovascular health. The intake of omega-6 and omega 3 oils improve nutrient flow in the system, promoting the improvement of cognitive functions
                              magasin animax exotiques

Comment

Working...
                              X