Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple flood? The fairytale starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple flood? The fairytale starts here!

PURPLE FLOOD
    &
    "asianbabe"

White Flood™ is a cutting edge preworkout formula that will rev you up for lifting and cardio like none other. Not only will you experience out of this world pumps, but tons of extra energy and true muscle building potential. That muscle building potential comes from the addition of compounds usually not seen in preworkout formulas of the past. We have also included potent anti-oxidants to scavenge any free radicals normally elicited by Nitric Oxide inducing ingredients. It's time to FLOOD YOUR SYSTEM.... with the most advanced preworkout Nitric Oxide and Energy Enhancer available; White Flood™!

Key Attributes:

* Fast absorbing and fast acting
    * Synergy, strength and stamina
    * Endurance and extreme pumps
    * Nutrient delivery and recovery
    * Carb Free
    * Ephedra / Ephedrine Free
    * Stimulate neurons
    * Enhanced creatine utilization
    Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy. Purple Wraath was created to be the most complete EAA/BCAA product on the market; keeping your body in a constant anabolic state and keeping you training hard with its added super endurance complex.

Key Attributes:

* Fast absorption/fast acting
    * EAA & BCAA
    * Caffeine-free ergogenic formula
    * Delicious tangy grape flavor
    * Natural anabolic environment
    * Increase athletic performance, endurance, focus, stamina, and muscle recovery
    * Legal, safe, and effective for both men and women
    * Stimulate metabolism to reduce body fat
    * Explosive strength, power, and energy
    * Increase or maintain muscle mass whether cutting or bulking
    * Dextrose/maltodextrin free

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

About me:

21, female, 5ft 5, ~125lbs, ~20-22% bodyfat.

Current training:

Legs
      Chest/abs
      Back/calves
      Shoulders/arms

Cardio is whenever I can fit it in, I am into doing classes these days, they are really fun and time flies by so quickly, cardio doesn't need to be boring! So they'll include spinning, combat, step... Most of the time I find cardio quite taxing on the legs and hampers recovery, so I've reduced legs to once a week, yeah I like it that much.

Current diet:

Nothing too fancy, higher carbs on training days, lower on others.. save pre and post workout, the aim is for balanced meals throughout the day at ~1600-1800cals

Pre-workout: Oats/banana/wpi
      Post-workout: Oats/banana/wpi
      Meals 3,4,5,6: Protein/veggies/carb/fat

I'll pick from these sources most of the time:
      .. Chicken, kangaroo, tuna, salmon, eggs, tofu, fish
      .. Oats, brown rice, noodles, potato, beans/lentils
      .. Brocolli, celery, tomato, asian greens, eggplant, carrot, capsicum, mushrooms(!) and whatever else is in the fridge for me to stirfry
      .. Avocado, fishoils, olive oil, avocado oil, tahini, nuts, linseeds
      .. Cottage, ricotta, tasty cheese
      And when all else fails, some protein bars

I have to admit that dieting is the hardest part for me. Life is never a set routine, there are a thousand parties every weekend and sometimes the stress of balancing my hobby with social life gets the better of me. Lack of preparedness, late nights, and bad eating are a culprit for sure. So in this log, I'll make an extra effort to eat properly most of the time, and get my meals (and veggies!) in.

Goals for this log:

Increase/maintain strength whilst on a small cut. I hope to lose about 5lbs and a little bit of bodyfat. I have no desire to have a competition ripped physique at this stage, nor are my goals of attaining those hyooge bicepts. This is my lifestyle and I pursue this sport for my own enjoyment.

Long term goal:

Be lean and stay lean, healthy, happy and achieve a balance in life.

Having said that, mediocrity does suck, so I'm ready to hit 'em hard and would love to see how these products fare. Big props to CL for sponsoring!! They are always so good to me.

So the 30-day fairytale shall commence!

Comment

PURPLE FLOOD & "asianbabe"
        Day 1 of 30

Off day! So I've read the reviews about both, and have heard the two would mix well together.. so here's to test it out. For the record, I've tried the original version of Purple Wraath and though it was not the best tasting, I enjoyed its effects on endurance and keeping intensity up in my workouts. I typically mixed it with other xtend, splenda, man octane, and other random flavouring systems to make it palateable. I like something to sip on, so I still have these in handy should they be needed.

Anyway, so sniff of the new version, and yes I did the dip and lick into the sherbert , got a whiff up the nose too.

The white flood mixes easily, taste = interesting. I can't call it good. 1 scoop in 1.25L is what I used.

Then I tried PW straight, taste is a big improvement on the original version (haven't tried v2), ginger taste a little less apparent and mixes pretty much instantly, I think the powder is a lot finer so no real need to let it sit for a few minutes.

Added the two together. Taste was a bit too strong. Did some dilutions... .. and and and.... Purple flood turned into WHITE WRAATH

The initial result: 1.5scoops PW + 1scoop WF in 3L of water. Not the best tasting in the world, but good enough for me. I think it might grow on me, we'll see, but I will probably end up mixing some other things into it

Initial effects: I usually need caffeine to get through the day, instead just took this and am feeling pretty alert. I am just drinking it throughout the day since there is so much of it, no stomach problems, but it has also killed my appetite for the day, not sure why.

Looking forward to see how it fares wid them barbellz tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan

Maybe later!

Comment

Day 2 of 30

SHOULDERS/ARMS

Well, since I'm not one of the chosen testers with stringent rules, I think I'm allowed to play around with my workout cocktail, right CL (please say yes?)

Anyway, so since I've already tried PW in the past, I wanted to see how WF worked standalone.
            Mixed 1 scoop WF + 1 scoop watermelon xtend today in 1L of water ==> PINK FLOOD! Drank pre/during workout.. oh yeah, the usual 100mg caffeine added as well..here goes..

..Military Press: 4 sets - 4x55 5x55 6x55 4x55
            ..BB curl: 3 sets - 6x39 8x39, 10x39
            ..Db shoulder press: 3 sets - 12x17s 8x17s 8x17s
            ..Pushdowns: 3 sets - 6x15 plates 6x15 plates 5x15 plates + dropsets til fail
            then finished with 3 sets each of db side raises, tricep extensions and hammer curls!

Took me a little while to get warmed up but MPs were an equal PR so I'm happy with that. Just so you know, previously I was using Man Octane + xtend, I felt a little more focused this morning, but too early to tell from one workout, I also had some great sleep.

Tonight I'll use PW for cardio!

Comment

Day 2 of 30

CARDIO

Did some random circuit class tonight, lots of biking, running, squat jumps, power lunges, pushups.. that lasted about 30min, pretty demanding, or I'm just unfit .. then the rest of the time was argghhh sucky "toning" exercises... some abs and buttstuff.

Took 1/2scoop PW + 1scoop excell. Lots of sweating going on, and energy was ok considering I hadn't eaten for almost 3 hours beforehand.

Today's menu:

Pre-wo: oats, banana,whey
              Post-wo: oats, banana, whey
              Meals 3 + 4: chicken, chickpeas, avocado, tomato
              Meal 5: chicken, noodles, broccolli, olive oil, fishoils
              Meal 6: PW jelly

Totals 1917cal 63f 242c 112p

Comment

Day 3 of 30

CARDIO, Titsy bit of BACK

Great morning already, woke up full of energy! But I did get into a massive argument with the Ps at about 6.30am, Yay for waking up the neighbourhood! Couldn't wait to dash out of the house, so got to the gym a little earlier and did some quick back stuff..

.. bb rows 3 sets: 5x77; 2 sets 10x66
                .. hyperextensions
                .. chins practice, singles, negatives stuff

by then it was cardio time.. 45min Spin class It was brutal. I might have lost a litre of sweat during that time, or close to it.

Today's cocktail was: MURKY FLOOD!!
                ..1scoop WF
                .. 3/4sc PW
                .. pinch of raspberry lemonade flavouring
                ..1.25L ice water
                ===> YUMYUM

Very high energy level today, mainly but I was pretty angry in the morning.. I slammed the door in someone's face, heh. I feel a lot calmer now, though, heard this song which cheered me up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vir9iFysPJ8

Oh yeah, I will mention I have some tricep doms, I rarely get arm doms, but I have also been pretty slack with stretching. Ok well have a great weekend everyone!

asianbabe's Kitchen

Today's menu:

Meal 3: Tofu, eggplant, olive oil
                Meal 4: Kanga, tomato, bitter melon, cucumber, red onion, pasta sauce, olive oil
                Meal 5: Ricotta, raspberries, tahini, bran
                Meal 6: 2 bowls asian greens, seaweed
                raspberry lemonade PW jelly - made a new batch and it tastes better!!

Totals 1589cal 58f 186c 107p

Little bit low on protein, but I haven't included in bcca + PW in it, so when I do it should come up to ~1g/lb bodyweight. Past couple of days appetite has been pretty low, not a bad thing I guess, nothing else has really changed.

Ps!!!! I JUST REDISCOVERED.... Seaweed is the bestest food ever... each sheet has 1g protein, 1g carb, 1g fibre, and zero fat!! And being so damn yummy helps too

Tomorrow will really be the test for the WF/PW combo, LEG DAY ahoy!

Comment

Day 4 of 30

LEGS

.. sumo squats: 3sets (rest pause) 4,2,2x99 (PB!!!!) ; 3sets 6x88
                  .. sldl: 3 sets 6x110
                  .. leg press: 3 sets 10x308 (PB!!!!!)

Today's cocktail was: mishmash FLOOD!
                  ..2scoops WF
                  .. 1/2sc PW
                  .. 1sc xtend
                  .. 1/2sc octane

Used way too much water, so only ended up drinking half of it.. so the dosing was half of all that ^^

Legs felt great today. Spent the majority of the time in the squat rack, but I'm just about up to the 100lb mark Couldn't really get working sets/reps for the new weight, so went back to 88 for the rest of the squats. Really nice stretch in the stiff leggeds, I've noticed hamstring work makes me sweat 10x more than quads or any other body part, strange..but a nice kind of strange.
                  Then went to the leg press.. wasn't sure what weight to use today, but went through a set of 120kg and it felt pretty easy, was only going for about 8 reps on 140kg, but still had a bit left, cranked out a couple more. Legs were wasted after that, so lunges did not happen

Overall very siiick workout, even felt a little pukey towards the end.

Happy with the stack so far!

asianbabe's Kitchen

Today's menu:

Meal 3: Fish, mixed beans, tomato, fishoils
                  Meal 4: Oatbran, banana, whey, peanuts
                  Meal 5: Mixed beans
                  Meal 6: Kanga, eggplant, broccoli, zucchini
                  Meal 7: chicken breast, peanuts

Totals 2242cal 66f 286c 178p

Slightly over the cals that I wanted today.. due to an extra meal and a boatload of veggies; but I am pulling an all-nighter to finish some stuff. Had some leftover workout cocktail from this morning, it is helping to keep me awake!

Eh, silly sweet song I'm listening to, go on laugh at my love for teenyboppy music, see if I care! http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jl2IeCgsUWc

Comment

Day 5 of 30

off + CARDIO

1hr Stepping class, moderate intensity. FUN CARDIO!

This is one of my favourite classes, you spend most of the time trying to keep in time and figure out the crazy moves, time flies by. It's not the most hardcore class, but I did raise a huge sweat. Also relatively low impact and not very strenuous on the legs, which is always a good thing after leg day! Kickass music helps too.. especially if it is LOUD!

Today's cocktail was: THINKY PINKY !
                    ..1/2sc PW
                    ..1sc watermelon xtend

Today's pick is a cheezy blast from the past http://youtube.com/watch?v=-1auRCameVY

Comment

Day 6 of 30

off + sleep

Had a paper due today, the past couple of nights have been really rough. I barely made it to school on time to hand it in, but yeah, I was meant to stay awake all of last night, drank some coffee and took some caffeine pills at around 3am or so.. didn't help keep me from the pillow, kinda panicked when I woke up..

Anyway, all over and done with, I'll never learn my lesson to not leave things to the last minute, but its 6.30pm and I'm going to sleep now!

Lol at this song, on full blast in the car, windows down Eh, he's not even that hot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANw7ZVrMHCE

Comment

Day 7 of 30

kitchen time..

Meal 1: Mushroom Omelette, apple, fishoils
                        Meal 2: Kanga avocado salad
                        Meal 3: Chicken avocado salad
                        Meal 4: Tuna avocado salad.. see a trend here..my diet is full of variety
                        Meal 5: Cottage cheese and ranch dressing "dip"... baby corn, carrot, couple of walnuts

Totals 1676cal 56f 145c 162p

Lifting in the AM.

Comment

Day 8 of 30

CHEST

.. db incline press 3 sets: 10x28*, 10x28*, 8x28*
                          .. dips 3 sets: 6,5,6
                          ------- superset hanging raises 3x12
                          .. cable chest press 3 sets: 8x99, 8x99, 8x88
                          ------- superset cable flyes 10x44
                          .. decline abs 3 sets: 15x11; + 5 bodyweight

Today's cocktail was: stummy FLOOD!
                          ..1scoop WF
                          .. 3/4sc PW
                          .. 1sc xtend

Throw the above in 1.25L water, and it is by far the best tasting experiment I've tried. Anyway, starting sipping on it 1hour after brekkie (oats,banana, whey), just immediately pre-workout since it seems to kick in fairly quickly. However, the stummy did not agree with it. And this was after a couple of sips only. So lesson learnt for next time, I should start drinking it maybe 30min after my meal..

Other than that, workout flew by quickly. Interestingly, I found myself a little more focused, even without my music today. There was a strong mind/muscle connection and reps were slow and controlled. I have also noticed good recovery between sets, though my strength didn't really improve this session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ2nc4aQcRg

Cooking... or not

Today's menu:

Meals 3 + 4 + 5: salad: kidney beans, egg, tuna, baby corn, lettuce, cheese..can't remember what else, I think that was all..
                          Meal 6: chicken, cottage cheese

Totals 1691cal 34 f 187c 164p

Went food shopping today:
                          1kg kanga mince
                          2kgs chicken breast
                          2 packs kanga bangas
                          10cans tuna
                          10cans random beans/lentils
                          1 bag flaxseeds
                          lots of candy
                          couple of tubs of cottage cheese
                          I pack tasty cheese

My fridge is already stocked with veggies, so I'm set for the next few weeks!

Comment

Day 9 of 30

sick as a.. sick person

Today's menu:

Meal 1: chicken, cottage cheese, apple, walnut
                            Meal 2: tuna, butterbeans, baby corn, apple, olive oil
                            Meal 3: chicken, butterbeans, baby corn, apple
                            Meal 4: oats and protein bar
                            Meal 5: cottage cheese, apple, milk, strawberries

Totals 1619cal 46f 141c 171p

Another off day... 1st meal was actually from mid-last night.. long day, went to school, then spent the next 6 hours or so trekking the fitness expo, saw the San guy Dennis James The san booth had the most girls and the skimpiest outfits, but they all looked about 14! Overall very fun!

But I'm still sick Think I'll go to bed.

Ok well I'm still as sick as sick can be. Kinda strange because I haven't had the flu/cold for some time, but the weather is funny. Been taking a bit of herbal cough syrup.. I could get addicted to that stuff, seems to be helping withthe throat, but yeah, most likely the next few days will be off as well. If I didn't have a truckload of work to do I would probably be sleeping. I'll be eating some more carbs, fresh fruit and veg, hopefully I'll recover soon.

Comment

Day 11 of 30

Today's menu:

Meal 1: oatbran porridge, banana, whey, flaxseed
                              Meal 2: chicken, veggie soup (carrot, onion, zucchini, celery, capsicum, random greens)
                              Meal 3: oatbran porridge, apple, musclemilk
                              Meal 4: veggie soup - big bowl
                              Meal 5: more veggie soup.. some kidney beans, apple

Totals 1361cal 18f 238c 109p

Meh. No appetite again today.. the only solid piece of food was some chicken, everything else was fit for a baby.

Man this log sucks. I'm sorry. Hope to get back to the gym sooooon.

Comment

Working...
                              X