Shredded oats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredded oats

I see that shredded oats are a very popular food eaten by weight lifters. What brand do people get? Where do you even find them in the store? Can you get some at costco? Is it just regular oatmeal or is it something different?

Thanks

Originally posted by externational
    I see that shredded oats are a very popular food eaten by weight lifters. What brand do people get? Where do you even find them in the store? Can you get some at costco? Is it just regular oatmeal or is it something different?

Thanks
    shredded oats . . . booo . . . I prefer rolled oats (like good old quaker oats) . . . Costco has a 10lb box for ~$10. Some also prefer steel cut oats . . . I'm not a fan of the consistency and they can be hard to find at places other than a health food store or online.
    Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Quaker or your local grocery store brand.
      Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

oh ok so those big cyllindrical tubs with the guy on it right?

Comment

yep

Comment

Oats for the win... I'll eat them in any form... even granola bars.

Comment

I usually just grind them up in my protein shakes with a hand blender and I usually just buy any oats I can find at Wal-mart.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                Oats for the win... I'll eat them in any form... even granola bars.
                I'm a huge fan of granola bars - Kashi bars ftw!
                A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

i got a 50lb bag of steel cut oats which I just blend up 8lb at a time (my biggest tub) and use in shakes etc.

Comment

Whats so great about oats again?

Comment

Originally posted by externational
                      Whats so great about oats again?
                      Great source of complex carbs. Slow burning, low glycemic and steady carb source w/o dumping or crashing. Not to mention helps fight cholesterol and are fat free.

Comment

Working...
                      X