I been sick :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I been sick :(

I been sick the past three days(with what I believe to be a common cold), so I havent been training for 3 days. I hate taking days off, I feel lazy when I do. I been poppin extra vit-C pills, but its not helping much. Can I get any advice on how to get over this more quickly so I can get back in the gym!

maybe your sick because you've been overtraining?

my advice: drink lots of orange juice, its better than pills IMO. rest, sleep, recover, eat steak, go to the sauna and relax in it the gloirious saunaness.

& drink some diet green tea (sun brewed green tea for the win)!

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
      maybe your sick because you've been overtraining?

my advice: drink lots of orange juice, its better than pills IMO. rest, sleep, recover, eat steak, go to the sauna and relax in it the gloirious saunaness.

& drink some diet green tea (sun brewed green tea for the win)!
      Drink OJ? That's carb-city mayne...

Teh sauna helps?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
        Drink OJ? That's carb-city mayne...

Teh sauna helps?
        OJ-Great source of vit C and maybe ya need some more carbs for recomp.
        One of my fav things to do when the old cold crap hits is hit the sauna with 1/2 H2O and sweat like a fat pig.
        Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

your sick. some oj and it's natural carbs won't kill you. unless your hypo-carboglymeic-influxed, but that's a whole nother biological issue you would of known of by now.

And yes, saunas are some of the healthiest things out there ... you swear out alot of toxins, etc. (sweat in itself is very healthy and theraputic).

on a side note, i don't know why, but ever since the internet I've wanted to spell sweat sweet.

Comment

And yes, saunas are some of the healthiest things out there ... you swear out alot of toxins, etc. (sweat in itself is very healthy and theraputic).
            I got really dehydrated last time I hit the sauna, even though I drank as much water as I could, so I usually avoid the sauna. Also, my local Aspen Gym doesnt have a sauna, I'd have to go to the Aspen gym across town to use the sauna. With gas prices being as they are, I dont see myself driving that far

on a side note, i don't know why, but ever since the internet I've wanted to spell sweat sweet.
            Fascinating.

Comment

sorry to hear as for the dehydrating thing... avoid stimulants and such before the sauna, they suggest that but i used to do it.. could be fine for me but bad for you..

i havent used a sauna in a year or so as well.. my campus facilities blow. i think when i get to temple this fall they have saunas in their locker rooms though, which will complete me.

Comment

Nothing like a good sweat after a hard workout. I enjoy hitting the sweat lodge after w/o for about 15-20 minutes.
                Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

def.. hot tub afer that and you feel amaazing !

Comment

Just rest and get better, your body could use a little extra rest i'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X