Dilema For Tonights Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilema For Tonights Dinner

Got a dilema for tonight's dinner. My wife and I have to go to one of our family members anniversary dinner. Her family is Mexican, so of course they want to go Mexican. What can I eat there??? Anything??? My wife and I will be going there after we workout this evening, so I came up with (2) options.

Option 1: Bring some of my own Whole Wheat Tortilla's and order Fajitas and use my Tortilla's instead of the reasturant's.

Or...

Option 2: Drink my Post Workout Protein Shake before we go in, and just sit there. Then eat when we leave.

The only bad thing about Option 2 is that they will want to sit around and talk forever. Dinner is not till 7:00, so by the time we get out of there, it would be a late dinner if I wait.

Please give yalls advice as to what I should do.

Thanks,
    Tim

Order a grilled chicken dish and hold the toppings ie cheese onions etc etc. get ya some frijolis ala char and drain the juice drink h2o with lime to fill ya up. Or chicken fajita salad hold the refried beans and cheese with salsa as your dressing and ask for a regular bowl not one of those tortilla deep fried artery cloggin, extra 1hr on the treadmill bowls.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

It's a special occasion, order something you like and train twice as hard for a week!

Comment

Well I got cardio tonight before I go, so I am going to do an hour of pretty intense cardio... Then I will probably go back in the morning before work and do another hour.

Comment

Chalk it up as a cheat meal and then work your ass off. I feel for ya, my in-laws are hispanic too so I put a ton of weight on when I first starting going over for dinner. I just minimized the times I ate there, and ate less of whatever they had and worked out harder. Can't insult the in-laws too much, so you find middle ground.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
          US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

damn i thought i was bad..........

assuming this has already happened, i would have either cheated or got the healthiest thing possible - i would have tried to just stay with some type of grilled chicken and pass on the tortilla's and rice.

Comment

get alot of chicken... than go home and have lovely romantic intercourse (cardio) for 1-2hr with your wife. you both will be left happy, and you may even work up an appeptie/burn off the dinner

Comment

This is ridiculous fellas!! I eat mexican food daily, (of course I live in a desert with the population being like 99.9 % mexican) and the food is damn good, Find a place that has 3 pound burritos and order 2... thats what I do almost daily... it's all meat with a skinny tortilla, EAT and GROW. Summer? SO WHAT!?!?! Hard work in the gym can fix any of those little roll-ios on your belly.

Comment

yea man.. i used to go to dining halls on campus (yuck) and get prolly 1 lb of ground meat or whatever and just throw on top tomatos lettuce broccoli etc. it was filling and goodd.. i got pissed when the beef/meat stuff was all greasy though...

mexican foods awesome, its that there americanized mexican food thats no good.. same with chinese ...

Comment

Working...
                  X