Post workout drinks-supps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post workout drinks-supps

Does anyone here think that post workout drinks like (ex Myozene) are necessary? If so, what do you use and what is your experience with them.

Originally posted by TSoul
    Does anyone here think that post workout drinks like (ex Myozene) are necessary? If so, what do you use and what is your experience with them.
    Nope. I suggest 'home-brewing'

Comment

Originally posted by TSoul
      Do they work? Yes
      Are they worth the money? Not to me

You could buy some whey protein isolate and mix it with excell/xtend and have lots of servings, rather than only ~12-15 that come in those premixed post workout drinks. Pretty much all they are is:
      Protein/Aminos/Carbs/Creatine

You can mix those yourself for cheaper...although some people like the premixed.

I find that a nice tastey met-rx packet mixed with fruit in a blender is a treat post workout. it has a nice combination of proteins and carbs along with calories.
      Last edited by RenegadeRows; 05-14-2007, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Some people say they work wonders, but I can't imagine you'd see THAT much of a difference as long as your getting the right stuff post workout. If your post workout nutrition sucks to begin with...

Carbs + Protein = the time tested method

I can't imagine a few extra grams of BCAAs, creatine and electrolytes are worth the money you are paying for these new products. As long as your getting your creatine/BCAAs pre workout...

Good thread!

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
          Do they work? Yes
          Are they worth the money? Not to me

You could buy some whey protein isolate and mix it with excell/xtend and have lots of servings, rather than only ~12-15 that come in those premixed post workout drinks. Pretty much all they are is:
          Protein/Aminos/Carbs/Creatine

You can mix those yourself for cheaper...although some people like the premixed.

I find that a nice tastey met-rx packet mixed with fruit in a blender is a treat post workout. it has a nice combination of proteins and carbs along with calories.

Ditto.

Protein tub $30.00 80 servings
          Green Mag $32.00 45 servings
          Carb source <$10.00 butt load of servings

Get tha pic?
          Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Right now I'm rockin:

20g WPH
            25-30g WMS
            8g Leucine
            5g Creatine
            Vit C and Salt
            "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

I like some combo of whey + casein + carbs, followed by a solid food meal asap.

If it's in your budget, some of the luxury post-workout blends are =

Comment

I love the post workout meal, for some reason my Met-rx shake jacks up my hunger right after! you would think that a 500cal+ shake with bananas and milk would satisfy my appetite

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                  I love the post workout meal, for some reason my Met-rx shake jacks up my hunger right after! you would think that a 500cal+ shake with bananas and milk would satisfy my appetite
                  it's not the same as real food tho... besides the banana part..

Comment

Working...
                  X