Thread: Purple Honey!!!

Default Purple Honey!!!

No, not Mrs. Smurf. Was out on Saturday for a 4.5 hour mountain bike endurance training ride, (talk about burning some calories) and wanted some variety from the usual sports drink and Cliff bars. So, I decided to mix two full scoops of PURPLE WRAATH into my flask/bottle of honey. The honey is great to slurp on when riding hard and long and the PW mixed beautifully into it! The end result...KICK ASS PURPLE WRAATH HONEY!!! I was still able to drop the hammer down 4 hours into the ride!

so that's like.. grape honey? eww......

trail riding is tough! so much more fun than doing the elliptical in the gym though. my goal for this summer is to do as much cardio outside as I can.. rather than being a total gym rat.

Quote Originally Posted by crucialkc
    so that's like.. grape honey? eww......

trail riding is tough! so much more fun than doing the elliptical in the gym though. my goal for this summer is to do as much cardio outside as I can.. rather than being a total gym rat.
    Exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJM
    No, not Mrs. Smurf. Was out on Saturday for a 4.5 hour mountain bike endurance training ride, (talk about burning some calories) and wanted some variety from the usual sports drink and Cliff bars. So, I decided to mix two full scoops of PURPLE WRAATH into my flask/bottle of honey. The honey is great to slurp on when riding hard and long and the PW mixed beautifully into it! The end result...KICK ASS PURPLE WRAATH HONEY!!! I was still able to drop the hammer down 4 hours into the ride!
    Whenever this lemon flavored wraath comes out, I will mix it with honey... lol!

that sounds awesome
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Damn, never heard of anyone drinking honey during cardio. Sounds like that would be a fucked up insulin spike to me.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    Damn, never heard of anyone drinking honey during cardio. Sounds like that would be a fucked up insulin spike to me.
    Agreed, but I'm a honey fan post workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    First of all, I am not drinking the honey. I am gulping about 100 calories worth every 30 minutes or so. I am on a 5 HOUR INTENSE MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAIL RIDE and without the sugar, you would pass out and BONK or what endurance athletes call HIT THE WALL. Insulin will not spike to any significant degree when your motor is running that hard. In a gym setting while weight training or doing moderate cardio ie. eliptical, treadmill, I do not take in any sugar at all. In that situation, you are exactly right Spartan. Keep in mind, I am a highly trained mountain bike racer who is spending most of my ride at or near my LACTATE THRESHOLD (which for me means my heart rate is staying between 170-175 beats per minute). Believe me my friend, sugar and insulin are your allies here. Research shows that lactate threshold training will burn anywhere from 8-12 calories per minute. So, over 5 hours I am burning somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,000 calories!! The only other time of the day that I do any high glycemic carbs like honey is immediately after hard weight training to jumpstart glycogen restocking and muscle recovery.

Very interesting, may have to give it a try next time I am out on a hike or trail riding. I will sometimes use the honey straws.

Thread Information