DDawgs Double Up Power Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDawgs Double Up Power Log

Starting June 5th I will be switching back to my modified Westside Powerlifting routine and testin double dosages of White Blood (AM and PM) and double dosage of PW (Pre and during workout).

More info to come!

To quote Paris Hilton: That's Hot!
    Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
      Starting June 5th I will be switching back to my modified Westside Powerlifting routine and testin double dosages of White Blood (AM and PM) and double dosage of PW (Pre and during workout).

More info to come!
      i didnt realise PW pre and during workout was a double dosage?

Comment

Originally posted by dee213
        i didnt realise PW pre and during workout was a double dosage?
        I am doing a total of 4 scoops instead of the reagular 2. So it will be 2 scoops pre and then 2 during.

Comment

looking forward to this can't wait for it to start
          MY GREEN MAG LOG
          http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
          http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

This will not be a full powerlifting routine where I am hitting my full maximums as I don't have a partner anymore and may not always have one. So if there is one I will take advantage of it.

Here is my workout routine. Keep in mind that I will always change up the exercisses and not do the same exact thing every week. I may do flat bench but change the reps so it is still different. I usually pock what exercises that I am going to be doing the day of that body part. Usually each mini cycle last 3-4 4 weeks and I have a total of 3-4 for a full 12-16 week cycle.

Workout:
            Day1 ME Bench
            Day2 Light Back
            Day3 Legs
            Day4 DE Bench
            Day5 Heavy Back
            Day6 GPP

On all bench days chest, tris, and shoulders will be trained and on back days it will be back, bis, rear delts, and traps. On Day6 GPP day I will be doing some light legs and working on overall body explosiveness. Cardio will be 3-4 times a week where it fits in.

Nutrition:
            Wake up - Shake + 10g SuperCarb
            Breakfast - 8 Egg whites + 2 yokes, 3/4-1 cup brown rice, fruit
            Mid Morning - 1 can tuna +1-2 rice *****
            Lunch - Protein (Steak, Chicken, or Fish), veggie, sweet potato
            PreWorkout - 2 scoops protein, 1/4 cup Buckwheat Groats
            PostWorkout - 2 scoops protein, 6 tablespoons SuperCarb
            Dinner - Protein, sweet potato, veggie
            PreBed - 1 scoop Ultra Peptide, 3/4-1 cup fat free cottage cheese

On 2 days out of the week my pre and post workout meal will be in the AM and my wake up shake will be moved to mid afternoon. I will be consuming ~ 2 gallons of water per day.

Supplements:
            Breakfast - Multi, Green Tea, R-ALA, ALCAR, Fish Oil, Sesamin, CLA, Vit C
            Calcium,
            Lunch - R-Ala, ALCAR, Fish Oil, CLA, Sesamin
            Pre Workout - 5 caps GB, 2 Caps BU, 3 Caps WB, 2 scoops PW, 4 scoops GG,
            4 caps Neuro PS
            During Workout - 2 scoops PW, maybe 1 scoop protein?
            Post workout - 4 caps CEE, R-ALA
            Dinner - Multi, Green Tea, R-ALA, ALCAR, Fish Oil, Sesamin, CLA, Vit C
            Calcium,
            Bed - ZMA, 3 caps WB

Beginning Stats
            Weight - 190
            Arms - 17 1/4
            Forearms - 13
            Chest - 43
            Shoulders - 52
            Quads - 25 1/4
            Calves - 15
            Last edited by ddawg91; 06-11-2006, 01:52 AM.

Comment

That is one sick workout schedule. Can't wait to see the results.... Good luck
              MY GREEN MAG LOG

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS

Comment

Just and update, my work started its annual business recovery testing this week so I have been working 15+ hour days restoring our comanies network and servers. Anywho, I have nto been in the gym yet this week but hopefully I will be in tomorrow for legs.

For the rest of the week I will be doing legs, ME bench, and heavy back. That is if I get a chance to make it in.

Comment

Workout #1

ME Bench

Exercise Training Log
                  1. CG Mid Pin Press [ 6 Sets ]
                  15x45 | 8x135 | 8x185 | 5x225 | 5x275 | 5x315 |
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  2. CG Mid Pin Press [ 1 Sets ]
                  5x365 | - | - | - | - | - |
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  3. CG Smith Inc [ 4 Sets ]
                  6x185 | 6x225 | 6x275 | 6x315 | - | - |
                  4. Floor BB Skull Crushers [ 3 Sets ]
                  6x75 | 6x95 | 6x115 | - | - | - |
                  5. Press Downs [ 3 Sets ]
                  10x16 | 10x17 | 10x17 | - | - | - |
                  6. Mini Band Pull Aparts [ 3 Sets ]
                  10xMB | 10xMB | 10xMB | - | - | - |
                  7. Side Laterals [ 3 Sets ]
                  10x15 | 10x20 | 10x20 | - | - | - |
                  Exercise Training Log (ETL System Beta) - Provided by Hybrid-X
                  Sign-up for email alerts of supplement testing & contest opportunities!

Well I finally made it in the gym this week and man did it feel good!!! I am only getting 3 days of my workout done this week and will get the full 5-6 days next. Felt really good in my new diet and supplements even though with working mega hours and eating like total crap ( a lot of fast food). Energy was great and strength was pretty good too. I was impressed where I was at after not lifting like this for some time.

Pin Presses (or rack lockouts) are my replacement for board presses since I am lifting by myself. They do take a toll on the joints so I may look into Cissus for joint maintenance. The high pin presses are equivalent to 3 board presses but you start at the bottom of the press, so you don’t have the energy and momentum built up form the decent of the press movement. For Inclines and declines I will be stopping about 1 inch from my chest and exploding up to work on speed and strength, I also pause at the bottom for 1 second to stop any momentum. The floor skull crushers help with just strict triceps work, it takes shte leverage gained form having the feet on the floor or using anything to assist. Mini Band pull aparts work the rear delts using Mini Jump Stretch bands, this is just another exercise I use to keep swapping out with.

The pumps were pretty amazing, which I usually don’t get and I did not get tired at all from the heavy sets. I had great power for each set, and good explosive strength too. This is a good start and I can only see it getting better.
                  Last edited by ddawg91; 06-12-2006, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Like always you are one strong mofo. Damn! Nice workout and its about time you got your a$$ in the gym thank god this week is over.
                    MY GREEN MAG LOG

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS

Comment

Originally posted by cervasa1977
                      Like always you are one strong mofo. Damn! Nice workout and its about time you got your a$$ in the gym thank god this week is over.
                      Thanks, it felt so good to get in there and hit the weights. Got another good one in today. I will post leter, it's lunch time!!!

Comment

Workout #2

Easy Back/Bis
                        Exercise Training Log
                        1. Rev Pull Downs [ 4 Sets ]
                        10x10 | 8x13 | 6x17 | 6x20 | - | - |
                        2. Wide BB Row [ 4 Sets ]
                        10x95 | 8x135 | 8x185 | 8x185 | - | - |
                        3. Strap Seated Rows [ 4 Sets ]
                        10x10 | 8x12 | 8x13 | 8x14 | - | - |
                        4. Rev Shrugs [ 4 Sets ]
                        10x225 | 10x275 | 10x315 | 10x315 | - | - |
                        5. BB Curl [ 4 Sets ]
                        10x45 | 8x75 | 8x95 | 8x115 | - | - |
                        6. Overhead Cable Curls [ 4 Sets ]
                        10x6 | 8x8 | 8x9 | 8x9 | - | - |

Took it easy today for back and bis, as I am still recovering from a busy week at work and only my 2nd day back, everything felt really good and had lots of energy and strength.

All exercises I could have gone higher in weights but with the high stress week and limited rest (more than usual) I did not want to put myself in a position for injury. So weights will be increased next week and so will the intensity. I was still very pleased and happy with the workout and the results from it. So far I think this will be a good stack for training for power.

Comment

Here is session 1 of my cardio, this is more fun than work but it still gives a good core workout.

Session 2 will be a moutain bike ride.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                            Here is session 1 of my cardio, this is more fun than work but it still gives a good core workout.

Session 2 will be a moutain bike ride.
                            Now how cute is that
                            MY GREEN MAG LOG

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS

Comment

Workout #3

ME Bench

Exercise Training Log
                              1. CG Hi Pin Press [ 6 Sets ]
                              15x45 | 10x135 | 8x135 | 5x225 | 5x275 | 5x315 |
                              2. CG Hi Pin Press [ 3 Sets ]
                              5x405 | 5x455 | 5x495 | - | - | - |
                              3. CG Smith Inc [ 4 Sets ]
                              6x225 | 6x275 | 5x315 | 5x345 | - | - |
                              4. Floor BB Skull Crushers [ 4 Sets ]
                              5x75 | 5x95 | 5x125 | 5x135 | - | - |
                              5. Front Raises w/Plate [ 3 Sets ]
                              10x45 | 10x45 | 10x45 | - | - | - |
                              6. DB EO Ext [ 3 Sets ]
                              5x80 | 5x95 | 5x120 | - | - | - |
                              7. Side Laterals [ 3 Sets ]
                              10x3 | 10x3.5 | 10x4 | - | - | - |

Made a typo in the first workout for last Saturday, I actually did mid pin press that equal 3 boards. Today was hi pin presses that equal a 4 board press.

Today was a great day for heavy bench training, energy and strength was really good today. Endurance was good and had to rally focus at taking a break and not rushing the workout. Felt I could have done more triceps exercises but I had to cut it short for other commitments. Normally with my power routine I do not get pumps but with the GG and WB I am getting nice muscle pumps with each set.

I am really enjoying the doubling up of WB and PW. With 2 full doses of PW with a scoop of whey protein, I get plenty of fuel for my workouts and really enhance the effects of PW. With the GG and WB pre I get good muscle pumps from my workouts and have helped increase my muscle hardness. The WB at night is a nice addition to my ZMA for deep sleep and feel real rested in the morning even though I don’t get my full 8 hours. There have been other positive effects from the WB at night but I am still making sure it is not diet related (even though I don’t think it is).

I am really looking forward to a full week of this workout and to see how well I do after some time off of powerlifting. I am already at or above my previous lifts when power training and can tell that I will pass them up.

Comment

Working...
                              X