Best Sleep Aid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Sleep Aid?

I have a pretty shitty time going to sleep and staying asleep sometimes, so I thought I would ask.

use melatonin sparingly.

drink warm milk and eat a banna. nuts and legumes are amazing too.

doingpushups and situps will help too...sometimes i do them if im just laying there and cant get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
      use melatonin sparingly.

drink warm milk and eat a banna. nuts and legumes are amazing too.

doingpushups and situps will help too...sometimes i do them if im just laying there and cant get knocked out.
      Agreed, Melatonin should be avoided as much as possible. Another option may be some Valerian root or warm milk (like mentioned). I always liked putting the golf channel on and waking up going "works like a charm"... lol!

Comment

5HTP works well and then there is always Yellow nEuphria!
        Last edited by ddawg91; 05-10-2007, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
          I agree, but 5htp must have a higher conversion rate to seratonin in my body than melatonin, It makes me a happy camper! lol As far as YN pre-bed... hmm can't do it! lol that taste hits my tongue and I know it's time to sit and enjoy myself, albeit wide awake... for some reason, stim free or not, my mind is stimulated enough to keep me from sleep. I also have diagnosed insomnia so that's always helping out in it's own curious way....

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
            ^^^^

Yep

Comment

if you can't fall asleep naturally...

there is prolly a deeper psycho-physio-social issue causing this which should be determined and corrected naturally, rather than using a pill (drug).

Comment

if you can't fall asleep naturally...there is prolly a deeper psycho-physio-social issue causing this which should be determined and corrected naturally, rather than using a pill (drug).

This might well be true...but what is the guy gonna do as he gets counseling for a year? Most doctors will prescribe a sleep aid in order for someone to get their balance and sleep cycle back on track.

One does not have to be stricken with deeper issues to have difficulty falling asleep. Some have very creative/active minds and find it difficult to shut off. The first thing a good Dx will ask a patient with sleep issues is, “How’s your diet and are you exercising?”

Anyone in here can probably say their diet is in process (from the good to best) and they are getting a good amount of exercise, so we can rule out those two issues.

If you really want to get to sleep with an over-the-counter product, try Benadryl;
                http://www.benadrylusa.com/index.asp...age=0&from=100

Two tabs will knock you out!

Comment

nutraplanet.com has tryptophan caps in bulk. that should help.

Comment

Diphenhydramine (benedry's active) and tryptophan should also be avoided IMO. My insomnia is stemmed from several things, none of them being a mental disorder. Watching golf should put anybody to sleep though... fyi! lol

Comment

I like doing situps/pushups in bed or beside it or something before sleep if i cant fall asleep.

sex is usually my first choice though, but if the womans gone i choose one of the above.`

nuts, turkey, warm milk, and bannas are all great natural food options which may help prior to bed. google search natural (or food) sleep aides

Comment

box of munchkins from Dunkin Donuts

Comment

i have read about the supplement Powerfull, my buddy takes it and i have read nothing but great things about helping to get deep sleep, i just ordered a bottle and will let you some feedback

Comment

Take a warm shower before bed, drink some milk

Comment

I've heard that bananas can give you messed up dreams if you eat them before bed.

I like 5htp myself, and just started using Yellow nEphoria, it's great too!
                              "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X