Protein making me bloated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein making me bloated

So lately I have been eating around 400-500g of Protein and have noticed a crap load of bloat. I always live by the moto you can never get enough protein but should I cut back some maybe to 300?

Are you sure it is the protein and not just the over all number of calories?

BTW do you drink milk? For MANY people that will bloat the heck out of them.

CROWLER
    President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
    www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

I personally don't recommend going over 2x bodyweight worth of protein, however I've not heard of a protein bloat before.
      Back to the basics!

Comment

Lactose intollerance?

Try an isolate.
        True Protein 5% Discount Code: MPP883

Comment

protein bloats me too.. its less with isolates but i still notice it..
          =(

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
            So lately I have been eating around 400-500g of Protein and have noticed a crap load of bloat. I always live by the moto you can never get enough protein but should I cut back some maybe to 300?
            That is a lot of protein, what is your body weight? Did you up your fiber intake at this level? Another thinkg you might try is digestive enzymes, ON makes some that are pretty good. I also have noticed that if my shakes are with milk I bloat more, using water doesn't, I only use milk for my pre-bed shake.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
              That is a lot of protein, what is your body weight? Did you up your fiber intake at this level? Another thinkg you might try is digestive enzymes, ON makes some that are pretty good. I also have noticed that if my shakes are with milk I bloat more, using water doesn't, I only use milk for my pre-bed shake.
              Yea I drink 24oz of milk at every meal, body weight around 212

Comment

Originally posted by CROWLER
                BTW do you drink milk? For MANY people that will bloat the heck out of them.

CROWLER
                Yep lots of milk

Comment

Yes, Cut Back

Originally posted by LancerV
                  Do you consume your protein all at once, or spread out during the course of the day? The "old school rule" is to consume at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. If you consume more than your body can use, your waistline will be the first place to show it..

Also as others have posted, consuming protein especially in powder form, without being physically active, WILL pack on the pounds, and it's not going to be lean gains! To put in "Laymen's Terms", don't mega dose protein, if you're a "couch potato". Keep active, and let the protein work for you, not against you.
                  God Bless,
                  Stu

Comment

Personally I started drinking a little more water to curb the protein bloat, believe it or not. I totally didn’t drink enough water and took in too much protein when I began working out, and this really sucked. More water and fiber definitely helped. I suppose that time is also your friend, but you can’t add a dash of time to your protein shakes… well, you could add thyme, but err.. yeah, I’ll shut up. Fiber and water helped me. And I hope it helps you.

I’m asian and surprisingly not lactose intolerant. I drink about 2L of milk a day (1.5L of 1%, and a 500ml carton of 2% at work to treat myself)…. It’s so damn yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
                      Personally I started drinking a little more water to curb the protein bloat, believe it or not. I totally didn’t drink enough water and took in too much protein when I began working out, and this really sucked. More water and fiber definitely helped. I suppose that time is also your friend, but you can’t add a dash of time to your protein shakes… well, you could add thyme, but err.. yeah, I’ll shut up. Fiber and water helped me. And I hope it helps you.

I’m asian and surprisingly not lactose intolerant. I drink about 2L of milk a day (1.5L of 1%, and a 500ml carton of 2% at work to treat myself)…. It’s so damn yummy.
                      Yeah I did increase the amount of water I took in but I also lowered the amount of milk I drank too. Then I started eating yogurt and just drinking my whey with water, that helped lower the bloating. But being 212 and eating 500gr of protein does seem a bit excessive. Orginal poster why did you go so high.
                      The Untergrund...from 157lb civilian to 5'10 192lbs of guerilla warfare mechanic guarding the Republic of Korea

Lead follow or get out of the way.

I FULLY ENDORSE GREEN MAGNITUDE
                      If it has liquid in it I probably slipped some Green Mag in it.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=spirit3530

Comment

Working...
                      X