Too many damn machines! Not enough squat racks and benches. :[

Comment

Originally posted by Max
      Gold' Gym.

The only gym in my town.

that seems to be most gyms now-a-days.

Comment

Bump, I like this thread, very interesting topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Max
          Gold' Gym.

The only gym in my town.

That's my same complaint, we dotn even have a squat rack, but I've heard there is one coming.

Though I'm only going to this golds for another month before my golds (closer to my house) opens. They're building up to 8 in the Columbus area I've heard over the next few years. And mine will have a squat rack.
          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
            That's my same complaint, we dotn even have a squat rack, but I've heard there is one coming.
            There's ONE squat rack in my gym, but amazingly enough...It's always open

Comment

The GYM - I work at one.
              "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
              - Arnold Schwarzenegger

** CONTROLLED LABS Stack - White Flood, White Blood, Blue Up, Purple Wraath, Green MAGnitude, Green Bulge, Orange TRIad & GlycerGrow **

Comment

I like lifting in my basement.
                I get to spit on the floor and fart loudly.

Comment

but then you gotta clean up all the spit

r do you let it ferment
                  WHEN YOU THINK YOUR TIRED.......
                  SAY TO YOURSELF......................

WWRD

what would ronnie do

Comment

Originally posted by scruffy_poc
                    but then you gotta clean up all the spit

r do you let it ferment
                    I let it ferment (save it for later)

I have concrete floors and walls, along with mice and dead bugs.

The spiders in my basement wear brazilian jiu jitsu t-shirts.

It's hardcore.

Comment

I love my gym. It's small and privately owned and probably one of the most dense I've ever seen. It would be so wierd to have my own and never see anyone when I'm working out.
                      Wrist wraps fix everything.

Comment

I like working out in gym where there are some people in there.

If I'm doing more weight then some pussy next to me its like "Yeah, watch me make this guy look like a bitch!" and it kind of pushes me to throw up as much as I can

If I see someone doing more weight than I am, then I'm like "Shit, now I gotta throw up more weight!" and I push myself so that I dont look like the puss.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
                          I like working out in gym where there are some people in there.

If I'm doing more weight then some pussy next to me its like "Yeah, watch me make this guy look like a bitch!" and it kind of pushes me to throw up as much as I can

If I see someone doing more weight than I am, then I'm like "Shit, now I gotta throw up more weight!" and I push myself so that I dont look like the puss.

I guess motivation is key, but I don't honestly give a shit if I'm lifting more or less than the next guy. I like being in a gym atmosphere just because I feel when I'm on deck, it helps me find my focus better and clear out all the excess and be dead set on what I'm going to do. I even make clearing the excess a challenge and exercise for my mind.

One more thing, it cracks me up to sit there and watch someone throw up weight that is obviously too much and watch them use horrible form to do it. Then, the icing is that they walk by with that air of authority like they're a for-real body builder and not some asshat who doesn't know squat about the human body. My .02
                          Last edited by Spartan; 06-21-2007, 09:34 PM.
                          Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                          Purple Wraath
                          Green Magnitude
                          Orange Triad
                          White Flood
                          Blue Up
                          100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                          US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

I train at a local gym downtown. If it's closed (holidays) or if I can't make it, I'll train in my basement! Hey! Better than nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                              I guess motivation is key, but I don't honestly give a shit if I'm lifting more or less than the next guy. I like being in a gym atmosphere just because I feel when I'm on deck, it helps me find my focus better and clear out all the excess and be dead set on what I'm going to do. I even make clearing the excess a challenge and exercise for my mind.

One more thing, it cracks me up to sit there and watch someone throw up weight that is obviously too much and watch them use horrible form to do it. Then, the icing is that they walk by with that air of authority like they're a for-real body builder and not some asshat who doesn't know squat about the human body. My .02
                              Thanks for analyzing that to make me look like a douchebag

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan

There's a "powerlifter" in my gym. He has all his "powerlifting toys" that's beginning to clutter the gym. His "hardcore" methods (both lifting and dieting) have only increased his waist and ass size... and his man boobs are pretty nasty (he's come in without a shirt to order a shake before but I'd kick him out if he did it while working out).

BUT, it's good for a laugh.
                                "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
                                - Arnold Schwarzenegger

** CONTROLLED LABS Stack - White Flood, White Blood, Blue Up, Purple Wraath, Green MAGnitude, Green Bulge, Orange TRIad & GlycerGrow **

Comment

Working...
                                X