Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you train?

Where do you train?
    What are the advantages/disadvantages to your location?
    Public GYM
    73.33%
    Your basement or a friend's house
    16.67%
    BOTH
    10.00%

I train mostly at home, or at a friend's house, who has ALOT of good equipment in his basement.

I have basic weights at my house: a squat rack, a bench, barbells, and a set of powerblocks. I also use a power tower in my garage for dips, chins, leg raises. I definately make the most out of what I have.

I like the privacy of training at home, plus I can play my music loud and spit on the floor

Comment

Great topic!

I train at a gym myself, for the following reasons...

They have GREAT equipment, everything is next to brand new, out of all the gyms i've ever been too, this one has the nicest equipment. It's also by far the CLEANEST gym i've ever been in.

They have a HUGE variety of equipment.

When training at home I can get distractions, once I get in the gym theres one thing to do, LIFT.

It gets me out of the house, which is always good for me.

I dont really have the money to buy my own equipment, and if I did, I would have no place to put it.

Thats all I can think of right now...might post more later

It doesnt matter where you do it...just fucking do it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
        When training at home I can get distractions, once I get in the gym theres one thing to do, LIFT.
        Good point !

Comment

The Shippensburg Univeristy Field House.

Pros - its free, go at the right time and noones there, free showers, locker cost me 20$ for 2 semesters.

Cons - its dirty, equipment is old and routinely broken (the smith ones), go at the wrong time and it's full of D-bags, only has 4 benches, 2 DL platforms,and 3 squat racks to aprox. 10,000 students/faculty/etc.

Comment

yeah you gotta go at the right times. my gym is emptiest early in the mornin and late at night. I NEVER go between 4pm-8pm, the shit is PACKED with douchies. thats about the only con to my gym, but becuz of my current schedual (wake up at 2-3am, go to gym at 5am), it doesnt even effect me

Comment

yea.. i usually lift at like 9-11am (starting) get done and have lunch/brunch/breakfeast haha

I also forgot to mention I get free wash done in the field house.. my roommate once took some decent clothes in to get washed and lost a shirt or two.. so i dont do that. i let them take my gross ass dirty clothes that i wouldnt even give to a naked bum for 100$.

Comment

University of Texas Gym!

Comment

Starting July 1st - a brand new Golds, cant freaking wait
                  A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Public gym at 7-8am in the mornings,.. The 6am work crowd have just left for work, and the 9.30am mums are yet to come in after dropping their kids to school. so everything is nice and empty

Comment

Public gyms, nothing psyches me up more than pretending to be a badass. I love heavy lifting, and public gyms are DEFINITELY the place to do them. AND I'm a very social person, so not being in a public area is lame to me.

CONS: gyms here are always packed with dead weight losers who curl in the squat racks, SLEEP on the machines, and talk on the cell phones on the calve machines... AND on top of that, there's no such thing as an in shape female in my town.

Comment

Originally posted by RisingAgainst
                        Public gyms, nothing psyches me up more than pretending to be a badass. I love heavy lifting, and public gyms are DEFINITELY the place to do them. AND I'm a very social person, so not being in a public area is lame to me.

CONS: gyms here are always packed with dead weight losers who curl in the squat racks, SLEEP on the machines, and talk on the cell phones on the calve machines... AND on top of that, there's no such thing as an in shape female in my town.
                        You're not really a badass???

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
                          Public gym at 7-8am in the mornings,.. The 6am work crowd have just left for work, and the 9.30am mums are yet to come in after dropping their kids to school. so everything is nice and empty
                          I used to like going to the gym at 9:30 for the MUMS! ooooooo yeah

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                            I used to like going to the gym at 9:30 for the MUMS! ooooooo yeah
                            fuh sho. I'm an uber milf magnet

Comment

Surprised only 2 people train at home ...

A set of weights, bench and squat rack is all you need to be a BB'er, along with determination and good food.

I miss some of the extras at my gym though, like seperate nautilis machines for each side of your muscles ... talk about nessecity!

Maybe those uniliver tablets are making my mind 'oldschool' too

Comment

Working...
                              X