• Your basement or a friend's house

5 16.67%
  • BOTH

3 10.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you train?

Default Where do you train?

Where do you train?
    What are the advantages/disadvantages to your location?

I train mostly at home, or at a friend's house, who has ALOT of good equipment in his basement.

I have basic weights at my house: a squat rack, a bench, barbells, and a set of powerblocks. I also use a power tower in my garage for dips, chins, leg raises. I definately make the most out of what I have.

I like the privacy of training at home, plus I can play my music loud and spit on the floor

Great topic!

I train at a gym myself, for the following reasons...

They have GREAT equipment, everything is next to brand new, out of all the gyms i've ever been too, this one has the nicest equipment. It's also by far the CLEANEST gym i've ever been in.

They have a HUGE variety of equipment.

When training at home I can get distractions, once I get in the gym theres one thing to do, LIFT.

It gets me out of the house, which is always good for me.

I dont really have the money to buy my own equipment, and if I did, I would have no place to put it.

Thats all I can think of right now...might post more later

It doesnt matter where you do it...just fucking do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adrian andras
    When training at home I can get distractions, once I get in the gym theres one thing to do, LIFT.
    Good point !

The Shippensburg Univeristy Field House.

Pros - its free, go at the right time and noones there, free showers, locker cost me 20$ for 2 semesters.

Cons - its dirty, equipment is old and routinely broken (the smith ones), go at the wrong time and it's full of D-bags, only has 4 benches, 2 DL platforms,and 3 squat racks to aprox. 10,000 students/faculty/etc.

yeah you gotta go at the right times. my gym is emptiest early in the mornin and late at night. I NEVER go between 4pm-8pm, the shit is PACKED with douchies. thats about the only con to my gym, but becuz of my current schedual (wake up at 2-3am, go to gym at 5am), it doesnt even effect me

yea.. i usually lift at like 9-11am (starting) get done and have lunch/brunch/breakfeast haha

I also forgot to mention I get free wash done in the field house.. my roommate once took some decent clothes in to get washed and lost a shirt or two.. so i dont do that. i let them take my gross ass dirty clothes that i wouldnt even give to a naked bum for 100$.

University of Texas Gym!

Starting July 1st - a brand new Golds, cant freaking wait
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Public gym at 7-8am in the mornings,.. The 6am work crowd have just left for work, and the 9.30am mums are yet to come in after dropping their kids to school. so everything is nice and empty

Public gyms, nothing psyches me up more than pretending to be a badass. I love heavy lifting, and public gyms are DEFINITELY the place to do them. AND I'm a very social person, so not being in a public area is lame to me.

CONS: gyms here are always packed with dead weight losers who curl in the squat racks, SLEEP on the machines, and talk on the cell phones on the calve machines... AND on top of that, there's no such thing as an in shape female in my town.

Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst
    Public gyms, nothing psyches me up more than pretending to be a badass. I love heavy lifting, and public gyms are DEFINITELY the place to do them. AND I'm a very social person, so not being in a public area is lame to me.

CONS: gyms here are always packed with dead weight losers who curl in the squat racks, SLEEP on the machines, and talk on the cell phones on the calve machines... AND on top of that, there's no such thing as an in shape female in my town.
    You're not really a badass???

Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe
    Public gym at 7-8am in the mornings,.. The 6am work crowd have just left for work, and the 9.30am mums are yet to come in after dropping their kids to school. so everything is nice and empty
    I used to like going to the gym at 9:30 for the MUMS! ooooooo yeah

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows
    I used to like going to the gym at 9:30 for the MUMS! ooooooo yeah
    fuh sho. I'm an uber milf magnet

Surprised only 2 people train at home ...

A set of weights, bench and squat rack is all you need to be a BB'er, along with determination and good food.

I miss some of the extras at my gym though, like seperate nautilis machines for each side of your muscles ... talk about nessecity!

Maybe those uniliver tablets are making my mind 'oldschool' too

uniliver tabs are oldskool. their big n badass too my friend. keep rockin.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiritto
    uniliver tabs are oldskool. their big n badass too my friend. keep rockin.
    Yeah, I bump my protein up to 10-12g pre-bed with them, it's alot easier than making a shake when I'm in bed and tired, I'll just pop 6-8 of those big suckers. They have l-tryptophan too, so they seem to make me a little sleepy, although that could be a placebo.

I tried training at home for a while and while the ability to train whenever is great at my house there is always something that is distracting me. I find it easier to get psyched up in a good gym when there are likeminded people there you can sort of feed off their intensity. However at my gym there is only a few people who actually come to train. For most of the others it is more like a club to come to and hang out meet people and maybe grab a few sets of supercheat curls.
    Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

My old gym had a couch and bigscreen (no lie here folks) and sold beer... so it's not easy to find people with my kind of intensity at my gym, most people like to BS and pretend to lift heavy... lol

Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst
    My old gym had a couch and bigscreen (no lie here folks) and sold beer... so it's not easy to find people with my kind of intensity at my gym, most people like to BS and pretend to lift heavy... lol
    Thats fuckin ridiculous man.

Thread Information