Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONTROLLED LABS signs competitive "PowerBuilder" Eric Helms (Quelly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONTROLLED LABS signs competitive "PowerBuilder" Eric Helms (Quelly)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTROLLED LABS signs competitive "PowerBuilder" Eric Helms !

New Rochelle, New York - April 24, 2007

Doing our part to support amateur athletes, CONTROLLED LABS is proud to announce the signing of competitive "PowerBuilder" Eric Helms. CONTROLLED LABS is one of the fastest growing nutritional supplement companies nationwide, focusing on products that safely improve athletic performance and fat loss. Since 2005, CONTROLLED LABS has gained popularity within the bodybuilding community with it's ongoing support of the fitness / nutrition community, unique business strategy, and cost-effective products featured in major retailers like Vitamin World, Vitamin Shoppe, and major internet stores like bodybuilding.com.

Stats:

Name: Eric Helms
    Born: April 22, 1983 Oakland, CA
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 220lbs
    Contest: 180lbs
    Years Training: 3

Growing up, Eric was never a very physical child, he was active in some sports but didn't excel. Studying Karate and learning Japanese philosophies such as Bushido, he learned to meditate at a very young age and these practices interested him far more than the physical aspects. He enjoyed the focus on being balanced and controlled and eventually these concepts and disciplines would play a role in his life. After 9 years of studying Isshinryu Karate, Eric moved from the Bay Area to Sacramento where he stayed active in martial arts, discovered breakdancing, and ran track (hated it). But still, he had not found anything at this point that was his physical "calling".

Aim high...

In the Air Force, Eric stayed fit and disciplined and was soon promoted to Physical Conditioning Flight Commander (responsible for the physical conditioning of every trainee in the squadron), and he excelled at it. His friends dragged him to the gym to lift weights, but he wasn't hooked on the bodybuilding lifestyle and lifted "like a fool". Two and a half years into his Air Force career, someone very close to him was raped. Located across the country and feeling powerless, Eric was eating himself up inside with anger, couldn't sleep, and couldn't cope. At Eric's request, a close friend introduced to him what would become his life: Bodybuilding

Inspiration:

Inspired by the writings of Arnold himself, Eric starting hitting the gym regularly and imitated the training styles of the golden era bodybuilders. During his very first hardcore workout, Eric threw up (and threw out his back), but he was in the gym the next day, learning from injury and working around it. Eric's world became protein shakes, george foreman grilling, and stories of Mentzer, Arnold, and Columbo. When they weren't eating, talking about bodybuilders of the past, or hitting the iron, Eric and his friends would learn everything they could from books, magazines, and bodybuilding.com.

Transformation:

Focused on nutrition, dedicated in the gym, and trying every legal supplement under the sun, Eric grew from a 174lb runner to a bulked up 220lbs within 2 years. After the Air Force, he got certified as a personal trainer and transformed from 220lb @ 16-18% body fat to 215lb @ 12% body fat. With competitive bodybuilders constantly asking Eric for advice on bodybuilding nutrition and training, he started thinking seriously about competing.

Powerbuilding:

In 2006 Eric helped organize (and competed in) a local powerlifting competition, benching 320lbs (RAW) and deadlifted 495lbs (RAW) at a bodyweight of 209lbs. He placed second in his weight class, third place overall best deadlift, and had a blast. At this competition Eric met a man In his 60's (former Mr. Alaska) that had over 30 years of experience as an NPC and INBF head judge. Mr. Alaska told Eric that with his obvious dedication, he could become a great bodybuilder. As a "test judge" at a local INBF show Eric got to see his first contest, and the confidence and grace of the competitors displaying their hard work touched something deep inside him. There was no looking back... he would compete.

New Challenges:

After getting married and moving back to California, Eric realized that in California he would face the toughest competitors in the sport. Inspired by today's natural champions like Rob Hope, John Hansen, Phillip Ricardo Jr., Rodney Helaire, and Layne Norton, Eric decided to stay natural and see what could be accomplished with intelligence, spirit, and the genetics he was born with. January 1st 2007, Eric began his contest prep for his first show: The INBA Silver and Black 12th Annual Muscle Classic hosted by the Oakland Raiders on May 5th.... a test of himself and how far he can take his body.

Upcoming shows:

INBA Silver and Black 12th Annual Muscle Classic (May 5th)
    INBA Southern California Natural Bodybuilding Championships (May 12th)
    NGA Mr. and Mrs. Natural California Bodybuilding Show (June 30th)

Eric Helms on his CONTROLLED LABS sponsorship:

"I am blessed to have been given this opportunity by CONTROLLED LABS to be sponsored, and it only motivates me more to be the best bodybuilder I can be. Currently, the sport of Bodybuilding is not at its height like it was during the 1970's, and although I love the IFBB and I respect the athletes and champions in that federation, I would love to see the world of Natural Bodybuilding expanded in an effort to broaden the perception of bodybuilding. I don't wish to change the IFBB or the spirit of bodybuilding's "Mass Monster" side, I only wish to do what I can to bring everything that bodybuilding is to the table: a healthy, disciplined lifestyle, and greek like god physiques with perfect symmetry and aesthetics.... physiques presented by the likes of Frank Zane, Arnold, Mike Mentzer, and Serge Nubret of bodybuildings golden era."

With the goal of becoming a Natural Pro within the next 3-4 years, becoming an accomplished powerlifter, staying natural, and lifting raw.... please join CONTROLLED LABS in welcoming Eric Helms to the CONTROLLED LABS team !

Welcome to our little home away from home
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

congrats
      Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Congrats man! Welcome.
        Loyal Controlled Labs user since October/06!

Comment

Wow, that's awesome. Congrats Eric (Quelly) and congrats to Controlled Labs! You guys have gotten some nice acquisitions lately!

Comment

congrats eric, you deserve it. he is a very nice guy too and very motivated
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Again, good luck with the comp, and congrats!

- Millennium Sport Technologies Sponsored Athlete -

Men are born to succeed, not fail.
              Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Welcome, and congrats!!

Comment

Sweet!!! Welcome and congrats!!!

Comment

hes a lean, mean fighting machine!

Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

Comment

UPDATE: Congrats to Eric for his 1st place finish !!

1st in the Novice Tall Division at the INBA Silver and Black Muscle Classic 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                        UPDATE: Congrats to Eric for his 1st place finish !!

1st in the Novice Tall Division at the INBA Silver and Black Muscle Classic 2007

congrats man cant beat 1st place
                        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                        Purple Psyko
                        Gold Feast
                        Blue Gene
                        Blue Growth
                        REDuction AM/PM Shots
                        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                        Orange TRIad
                        White Flood (5 Flavors)
                        Black Hole
                        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                        Green Bulge
                        White Blood 2
                        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                        Blue Up
                        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

congrats
                          WHEN YOU THINK YOUR TIRED.......
                          SAY TO YOURSELF......................

WWRD

what would ronnie do

Comment

Congrats Eric... BB.COM's amateur bodybuilder of the week:

http://www.bodybuilders.com/amateur.htm

Comment

thanks for all the support guys, I need to start hanging around the cl forums more often, I'm always over at bbing.com

once again thanks and I hope I can represent some more at the end of the month when I compete in the APC Northern California Push Pull Powerlifting Meet on the 28th of this month
                              Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

Working...
                              X