P/rr/s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P/rr/s?

Anyone else following a Power/RepRange/Shock workout, I just started up again with this style (for a little change up). Into my shock week right now, I think rep range/high rep deadlifts (last week) were the hardest thing I've done in a long time.
    - Millennium Sport Technologies Sponsored Athlete -

Men are born to succeed, not fail.
    Henry David Thoreau

Been doing it for about 6 months. I left deads for power week and do power cleans for rep week and hanging cleans for shock week.

Wait till shock leg day! I have almost gotten sick 2x.

Comment

On "shock" leg day they gym was way too damn busy and I wasn't able to do everything in the order that I wanted. But 2 days later I'm still barely able to sit down, I'm loving every second of it!! 2 more shock days and I'm back to power/heavy-a$$ weight!! I'm going be looking for some personal records next week.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa S
        On "shock" leg day they gym was way too damn busy and I wasn't able to do everything in the order that I wanted. But 2 days later I'm still barely able to sit down, I'm loving every second of it!! 2 more shock days and I'm back to power/heavy-a$$ weight!! I'm going be looking for some personal records next week.

Understand that, shock week is pretty brutal. Good luck on the PRs!

Comment

Supersetting deadlifts with bentover DB (both arms at the same time) rows hurts like hell!! Followed it up with some Cable Rows supersetted with Bentover BB Rows, some BB trap stretches ss w/DB shrugs and finished it all up with some "down the rack" pulldowns to the front and then behind the neck. That's it....the lats are fried, can't wait to go crazy heavy again on Sunday!?!

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Power week is a nice welcome after shock week that is for sure. Looking good!

Comment

Came down with a case of food poisoning (nothing too serious) that put me out of commission for the last 3 days, hopefully I can get back at it tomorrow..I might have to just do a regular week, and do power next week, not sure yet.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Man that sucks! Get better and re-hydrated.

Comment

Had a good chest day....

Bench Press: 10@135, 10@225, 5@315, 5@345, 3@365

Pec Deck: 10@235, 10@255, 10@275

DB Incline Press: 10@100's, 8@120's, 5@120's

DB Pullovers; 5@120 x 3 sets

Hopefully, I can follow that up with a damn heavy arm day tomorrow!!

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                    Been doing it for about 6 months. I left deads for power week and do power cleans for rep week and hanging cleans for shock week.

Wait till shock leg day! I have almost gotten sick 2x.
                    Awesome. Have to check out your log then.
                    I've been curious about Power/ Rep Range/ Shock ever since Broser's initial writeup on it in Ironman and have been following Train, Eat, Grow for the past few months.
                    kane@controlledlabs.com
                    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                    www.controlledlabs.com
                    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

I'm definitely down with the P/RR/S training, since you're always progressing you can always challege yourself. I also like the "difference" in the way you "feel" the different workouts. Can't wait to actually use this during my next cut (soon) to see the effects as I diet.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa S
                        I'm definitely down with the P/RR/S training, since you're always progressing you can always challege yourself. I also like the "difference" in the way you "feel" the different workouts. Can't wait to actually use this during my next cut (soon) to see the effects as I diet.
                        I have been on a recomp for almost 2 months and I think it fits it well. One thing about PRRS is that it is very customizable to fit any situation or need. Also the variation in weeks and then the exercises really prevents adaptation and boredom.

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf
                          Awesome. Have to check out your log then.
                          I've been curious about Power/ Rep Range/ Shock ever since Broser's initial writeup on it in Ironman and have been following Train, Eat, Grow for the past few months.
                          Hey welcome big man! Please do, it is a little behind as I have been really busy lately but I plan on updating it in the next couple of days.

Nice, I think you would really like it. This is so far my favorite routine, well besides Westside. I have not heard from anyone that they do not like it.

Comment

I've been kinda rushing the workouts lately do to a lack of time, 1 week before Deanne's comp means that I am running around like crazy for her. So I've actually been doing power/rr/shock all in one workout, for example,

squats was power
                            leg press was rep range
                            quad extensions superset with walking lunges was shock

P.S. did hams in the morning and quads in the evening.

That was all it took to thoroughly thrash my legs for the day.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Man that is crazy, talk about a major shock to your system. Just make sure you get plenty of rest and keep up the nutrients!

Comment

Working...
                              X