Purple Wraath Ver3 log by JD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Wraath Ver3 log by JD

what it is holmies, the log name says it all. I'm JD and I will be logging the newest batch (April 07) of Purple Wraath -- ver3.

A little background about myself before we get into specifics.

Name: J$
    Height: 6"/6"1'
    Weight: Aprx. 225

Experience: In HS I lifted all 4 years for sports (baseball and football) I was the fatass kid than lost alot of weight during summer workouts senior year for football and was ripped and strong. since then I've lifted 4 years in college just to maintain basically. i got fat again off the booze and campus food, than jr/sr years ive been more into bodybuilding nutrition and training. this year (senior year) has been difficult due to im so g'dam busy, i want to party a lil and enjoy my last year, and im broke as can be so the diet isnt that solid (sadly).

Current routine:
    M - N/A - busy all day with internship/class/my woman
    T - chest/arms
    W - legs
    Th - Shoulders/back
    Fr - catch up on anything I feel needs additional work for that week
    sat / sun - recovery

Cardios been non-existant since winter. I need to get back in it, but its freaking getting cold out again. this is my main goal for now til eternity; improve cardio duration/intensity/commitment.

Long term goal -- live healthy, and be ripped. possibly become a trainer/dietician or something similiar in the field, but generally just be big and lean.

short term goal - increase cardio, get bigger, provide a substanial log about the new version of PW for you all

other supplements being used - Centrum multi, Controlled labs green bulge, controlled labs white blood, Scivation NOxidant, Health from the sun fish oil, bsl GO, optimum nutrition whey protein

supplement history: its a big long list, and covers a wide range/variety of supplements. I've never used anabolics nor do I desire too.

Other drugs : I may drink more than I normally due since I graduate in a month. hopefully it will be in moderation. I frequently smoke marihuana, but can avoid the munchies through the employment of an intense psychological training I did to myself.

water intake: I don't know, it's all I drink unless I'm feeling 'frisky' (or turkey hill has 3 for 5$ teas, than i get 3 gallons of diet green tea )

will try to post measurements/pictures early next week. need to score a digi camera and measurement tape thing (think i have them all at home not school)

I look forward to logging my experiences for you all. peace up, A town down.

Initial experience: got tub yesterday and opened it to premake my shake for today. I licked my fingers after throwing 1.5 scoops into a shaker and was amazed at the taste of the powder. its def alot smoother and better than the orginal mixture (ver1). the stuff looks smaller and less dense as well, which means it prolly mixes easier.

Today was actually my first day using PW .
    as i said above I used about 1.5 scoops. It mixed shockingly easiley, and looked puretty in my true protein shaker. I believe I used too much water ( about 3/4 the shaker) but it still tasted great and was a pleasure to drink during my workout. I felt good energy all workout and it carried with me for along time afterward. The flush you get was also very strong. almost overwhelming. it hit hard when i finished lifting, and persistented for awhile afterward. it was intense, like a full body itch. I def dont remember the orginal version every providing as intense a flush as this experience.

lift summary:

standing overhead shoulder press: 4x10x135
    standing static side lat raises - 3x10x15pd DBs

seated lat pulldowns : 3x10x 140/160/155
    trapt bar shoulder shrugs: 3x10x225

military cable extensions : 3x10x130/150/150 x 2 different motions focusing on the shoulder

T bar rows: 3x10x215

was limited on time; very busy day. so i did what I was able. I wont be able to lift again til next wends (easter break). but i may put some cardio in while I'm at home, we shall see.

Comment

day 2 using the product.

took 5 green bulge bout an hour before lifting & an hour after eating 4ish eggs

drank 2 scoops Purple wrath + 1 scoop bsl GO punch flavored 15minutes prior to lifting up until 5-10minutes in

stomach felt kind of weird pre/during lift. i may of been dehydrated, even tho i drank like 75oz-ish between the green bulge and PW drink.

i was fine by the end of the lift. the tingling wasnt nearly as bad, i felt it for maybe 5-10 mins after lifting. its def better to have that kick in while you workout.
      energy has been sustained throughout day.

lift:

Bench 15x135, 12x185, 10x205, 10x225, 6x225, 10x185, 15x135

DB hammer curls - 4x10x50pd

pec deck - 3x10x135 -- each time used a variation of hand placement/angle
      forearm wrist things - 3x10x10pd a hand (spun them around for like 45secs each time)

underhand reverse cable curls (triceps) - 10x135,155,165,165

DB flies - 10x45,50,50

was a good lift to get back with after easter break. i wore full sweat attire and a beanie, so i was working really hard. it was pretty intense and at times i was like wow this is great.

been feelin pretty swole since, and i think i look big in the shirt i chose to wear today. boo-ya. day3 tomorrow.

Comment

ok i forgot to mention I drink 2 scoops of optimum nutrition whey post workout. and take my multivitamin than as well.

todays work

5 green bulge like 90min pre, 2 scoops PW about 15min pre to 10mins in

I was shocked this stuff mixed up so well, i cleaned my bottle out last night before i went to my gfs house for the night and didnt try it perfectly, so some of the powder sat in the wqater and clumped up. i added water about 90 minutes preworkout to the shaker and it sat thro my class, than i drank it on the way to the gym. it was mixed perfectly. which was awsome.

grouped exercises = supersets

sqauts - 10x135,225,225,225,225,135
        farmer walks - 4x10x75pd DB each hand about 25feet
        one leg sled calf raises - 10each legx275,360,360,275

- i did something here, i know it, but i cant remember at all to save me, and i just lifted like 45minutes ago.. =( PW = no memory enhancement. -

seated leg extensions- 10x120,130,130,130
        seated back extensions - 4x10x25pd weight on chest

standing leg curls 10x35,45,45,45
        side bridges - 4xroughly 30 seconds each side

step ups - 2x10 each leg, 25pd DB each hand

intense lift. just wore a sweatshirt and beanie with shorts today, no sweat pants. I was rockin out to Nelly - Grand hang out and some alumni football kid thats semi-pro and still works out at school walked by, musta heard it, and said something to me as i did back ext.. i didnt hear em and was focused on lifting so I just kept going. only had aprox. 60mins for the lift leaving 15min to shower and get to a meeting ...good times..

hollar

Comment

feelin good.

woke up, had 4 eggs and some taco cheese + pepporini slices on oatnut bread . was yummy.

bout 15-25min late took 5 green bulge and made my PW drank. 2 scoops PW + 1.5 scoop bsl GO. this mix really has an awkward taste. but i drin kit anyways. mixed alot more water than needed. prolly like 75oz into the shaker bottle, so it lasted me the drive to the gym, and 3/4 of my workout.

workout:

standing str bar overhead presses - 4x10@135
          standing DB front raises - 4x10@20pd DB each hand

str bar half cleans (not above head presses cos I did them solo earlier) - 3x10@135
          trapt bar deadlifts - 3x10@255

seated smith incline - 5x10@150,225,305,305,305
          laying face down DB flies 4x10@15pd DB each hand

stand cable reverse front raise (pull weight from face to waist, no lift DBs from waist to face) - 3x10@135,155,175
          seated smith military with palms facing each other - 4x10@155,175 for last 3

was sporting sweat pants+shirt+beanie. with the mix i drank which had the bsl GO (small caffeine amnt) I was freaking going nuts. sweat was everywhere. and after some of the lifts i was like "wow, slow down son" it was awesome. i feel good and think im noticing more muscleness all around.

weather still sucks (freezing out again) so cardio is a struggle.. =(

i hate this, wheres my sunnn!

2 scoops ON whey post workout with a multi vitamin. white blood before sleep again unless I dirnk tonight. depends if i go visit my gfs parents for dinner or not; either way i'll be drinking tonight or tomorrow . im on a yuengling porter kick after i found it has 3 kinds of grains, and is their healthiest beer. and it fucks you up good! haha

thats all for now. peace up

o; PS. i was gonan take pics yesterday, but found out I lost my digital camera sometime.. so that blew. if i can get my hands on my gfs ill try to get some over the weekend.
          Last edited by jiritt0; 04-13-2007, 12:32 PM.

Comment

this blows, its supposded to snow today in central PA (like 6-10 inches they say!) and even if that doesnt happen, its rained since like 5pm yesterday..

i hate ugly weather

Comment

rained nonstop in columbus yesterday, you must be getting what we had, minus 10 degrees.

:sucks:
              A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

yea, the weather is out of control here. all weekend long its been horrible. and ive had serious issues with my gf so my weekend blew. its getting better but im still not feelin right. =(

anyways, i think i lost a good 5 pd over the weekend, i ate about a solid 3 or 4 meals since saturday morning..

crazy lift today. took GB like 15min pre, and drank 2 scoop PW + 2 scoop bsl go within the first 5-10mins of my workout.

intensity was off the walls. had on sweat pants + shirt + beanie, i was soaking wet by the end of the lifts, my shirt was gross. haha

bench - 10x135,205,225,235,205,135

DB curls - 10x35,35,35
                pec deck- 10x130,130,130

str bar cable tricep pushdowns - 10x155,175,215 - 8x225, 6x225
                good mornings - 10x85,85,85

swiss ball DB flies 10x45,45,45
                DB hammer head curls - 10x45,45,45

hanging leg raises - 10,10,10,10 w/ straps
                bridges - 1x45 sec reg 3x30 sec, feet on swiss ball arms on a bench

smith crunches - 15x125

im pretty sure i did more than this, but i cant remember it. i also think ilost my favorite hat somewhere this morning, between my 2 classes and the gym..its kinda gross if someone took it, cos it smelled very bad..

im going to work on getting pics , i swear. i havent taken any of myself in a long while so im curious to see how out of shape i am and how much progress i can make during this log.

overall impression thus far; very impressed. this version taste great, mixes well, and provides same reuslts i experienced in the past from PW.

starting the PW, GB, WB has really made me feel dramatic effects and results; hopefully their not placebo or anything.

Comment

took 5 green bulge like 15 min after eating 3 eggs, and peanut butter toast
                  than i drank 2 scoop PW on the way to the gym and during the first 10/15mins of my lift.

after lift I took centrum multi, 2 scivation noxidant, and 2 scopp on whey protein.

about 30min late ate quiznos su b, and ill prolly have that tonight for dinner again.

workout

squats - 10x135,225,225,225,235,225,6x226,10x135
                  farmer walks - 3x75pd db each hand across long ways of gym (btw last 3 set of squats)

farmer walks - 3x75pd db each hand across long ways of gym (btw first 3 stnding smith calf raises)
                  standing smith calf raises - 2x3/4 of weight rack - 3xfull weight racck

standing leg raises - 3x15 each legx25pd plate on thigh (btw last 2 standing smith calf raises)

was a quick intense lift. i was sore in the legs due to cardio with my girlfriend last night and this morning. rushed for time due to meetings/collecting research data so i had to squeeze it in early this mornign.

wore shorts + sweat shirt + beanie
                  overall intensity was good, felt like puking towards the end/15-20mins afterward

Comment

4/19

great day, i found out I get to meet john legend tomorrow after a cocnert im going too! thats exciting

anyways, good lift, amazing lift. shoulder/back, i feel good about it.

ate 3 eggs, PB toast
                    15min later took 5 GB
                    drank 2 scoop PW 5min pre til 10min into the workout

afterwards 2 scoops on whey
                    1 centrum multi
                    2 scivation noxidant

workout

standing str bar overhead press - 10x125,135,155,165,175,175,185,185,165,125

last 3 sets of that I did str leg deadlifts - 3x10x225

lat pulldowns - 10x155,165,165,165
                    front plate raises - 10x35,45,45,35

arnold presses - 3x10x45

low cable rows - 3x10x165
                    dips - 3x12

wor the full sweat attire, was exhausting. got a quiznos sub to eat in a few minutes, which is exciting except for the fact i have to sit in the lab all day and collect research data from kids .. 3rd day in a row doin this lol

Comment

amazing lift today. hit the chest and arms. mixed it up from what inormally do. didnt even do flat bench

DB incline flies - 3x10x40
                      DB decline flies - 3x10x40

DB hamemr head curls - 3x10x40
                      str bar close grip bench - 3x10x135

cable flies - 3x10x45

pec deck - 3x10x125
                      wrist spins - 3x10x12pd weight

W bar curls - 6x40pd a side, 3x10x35pd a side

seated overhead W bar tricep ext - 3x10x35pd a side

lasted abotu an hour, intensity was thro the rrrooof. felt great after ward, walked home in the beautiful weather (finally).

Comment

leg day

felt like shit. think i didnt cook my eggs fully.

took 5 green bulge about 15min after eating 3 eggs on whole wheat english muffins.
                        drank 2 scoop PW + 1 scoop BSL go on the way to gym about 10min after the GB.

workout:

box squats - 1x10x135 flat, 3x10 (10 rep each leg raised, 20=1 total set)x135, 1x10x135 flat
                        smith squat rack - 4x10x200
                        calf raises, heels on a plate, - 4x10x45pd weight at neck level

calf raises on sled - 4x10x4plates a side
                        bridges - 4xas long as possible, forearms resting on a swiss ball
                        smith back ext - 4x10x100pd

i think i did more than this, but im not sure. lift lasted 50mins aprox. i felt horrible the whole, like i was gonna puke. was very tiring, but not pleasent. i felt good after when i went and got some food in my belly, but other than that it blew. its never good to feel bad on a leg day. =x

Comment

todays workout: shoulders n back

chin ups - 10
                          standing overhead presses - 10x125, 10x135
                          chinups - 10
                          stand overhead presses - 2x10x155
                          chinups - 8
                          standinver overhead press - 8x155, 10x135

standing pulls (mid part of power clean, from hips to chest) - 4x10x135
                          side DB lat raises - 3x10x25pd

deadlifts - 10x155,185, 225,225,225, 185, 135
                          smith machine ab curls - 3x10x100pd

laying W bar overhead pulls - 3x10x35pd a side

seated DB front raises - 3x10x25pd

again, i feel i did a few more lifts but i dont recall them. was awhile ago i was in the gym. . cant wait til i graduate in 2 weeks. will have alot less to think about and more time to workout n all

on a side note, i took the 3 white blood last night before bed, smoke a lil bit with my girl, and had the craziest sex ever..well she did for sure. haha

Comment

beautiful lift today. I hit the biceps, chest, than tris, and abs alittle. ended with a mix of each in a superset.

had 2 slices of peanut butter toast than walked to the gym (15mins or so) took 5 GB and chugged 2 scoop PW and lifted.

workout:

front DB raises -- 3x10x20 (heard this weakens the shoulder, putting more emphasis on the bicep area if done before curls)
                            DB hammer curls - 10x50, 8x50+5x40, 10x40
                            DB normal curls - 3x10x35

DB bench - 3x10x75
                            DB swiss ball flies - 3x10x40

cable tricep pushdowns -10x150,175 - 3x10x215
                            DB wrist curl/spin things - 3x10pd bout 30seconds
                            side bridges - 3x10x45seconds each side

W bar curls - 3x10x35pd a side
                            dips - 3x10
                            side bends - 3x10 each side x45pd plate

again i feel like there was more. .. my memory sucks, i need that yellow N haha.

sorry if i post that alot (about me forgetting my full workout).. i used to write it all down but than i stoped after awhile, and in all honesty i think its great if people can do that, but for me personally i feel like I lose intensity when i write it down. gotta take that time to stop in between sets, occasionaly you get lazy and sit down to do it.. i'd rather be walking around the gym between sets, downing some water and focusing for the next task to conquer.

postworkout im still taking 2 scoops ON whey + 1 centrum multi and 2 scivation NOxidant. at night time im taking 3 WB on lifting days (Tues-Friday)

im almost out of the green bulge, white blood, and noxidant =( may have more of it all at home but i have no clue when i shall be getting back there

Comment

shitty lift today. im not even gonna talk about it.

got sick last night from the girlfriend.. felt a lil better this morning, and by noon i was feeling good.. so i figured id try the gym and see if i could put in some work. got there and i was just weak, out of it, and unfocused. poor lifts, poor weights, poor workout all around.

hopefully i can kick this soon. 2 weeks left in campus gym, then i duno where ill be lifting as classes end. may have to pay to join a gym for the summer.
                              holler

Comment

Working...
                              X