Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CL Turns Dan Purple & Green: Sponsored Purple Wraath & Unsponsored Green Bulge Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL Turns Dan Purple & Green: Sponsored Purple Wraath & Unsponsored Green Bulge Log

Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy. Purple Wraath was created to be the most complete EAA/BCAA product on the market; keeping your body in a constant anabolic state and keeping you training hard with its added super endurance complex.

Key Attributes:
    • Fast absorption/fast acting
    • EAA & BCAA
    • Caffeine-free ergogenic formula
    • Delicious tangy grape flavor, NOW VERSION 3!
    • Natural anabolic environment
    • Increase athletic performance, endurance, focus, stamina, and muscle recovery
    • Legal, safe, and effective for both men and women
    • Stimulate metabolism to reduce body fat
    • Explosive strength, power, and energy
    • Increase or maintain muscle mass whether cutting or bulking
    • Dextrose/maltodextrin free

Sound too good to be true? Keep reading...

We all know that supplements are not a replacement for nutrition and training, but if you are looking for a supplement to enhance every part of your workout and take your gains to the next level... look no further than Purple Wraath by Controlled Labs.

PurplEAA Complex:

The Purple Wraath PurplEAA Complex is a very efficient formula based on the science of actual homo sapiens muscle protein and clinical studies on human amino acid assimilation. Essential Amino Acids (EAA's) are the "building blocks" of lean muscle mass, but the EAA's from whey protein can take hours to enter circulation. The solution is the Purple Wraath fast-acting, free-form PurplEAA Complex:

While essential amino acids function cohesively as a group to aid in your training, additionally they each produce a significant benefit when it comes training:

Leucine
    - Primary anabolic trigger
    - Enhance recovery
    - Optimize hormone levels

Valine
    - Energy
    - Recovery
    - Glucose production
    - Nitrogen balance
    - Anti-inflammatory
    - Analgesic

Isoleucine
    - Energy
    - Recovery
    - Glucose production
    - Hormones

Lysine
    - Beta-oxidation
    - Nitrogen balance
    - Calcium absorption
    - Energy

Arginine
    - Vasodilator
    - Nutrient delivery
    - Anti-Catabolic

Histidine
    - Vasodilator
    - Sexual function

Threonine
    - Nutrient uptake
    - Immune system

Methionine
    - Enhance metabolism
    - Energy
    - Mood
    - Antioxidant

Phenylalanine
    - Energy
    - Hormones
    - Mood

It's important to understand that our EAA Complex includes all of the BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids) that you have used in the past, including a precise ratio of leucine. Research shows that blood levels of these KEY amino acids are directly related to muscle protein synthesis, so we formulated a comprehensive and efficient matrix to enhance lean mass directly and indirectly, and under various conditions. Now, that ratio is important, but there are some other very exciting points about this formula. Unlike some of the amino acid supplements on the market, you aren't paying for cheap "filler" ingredients such as dextrose or maltodextrin when you purchase Purple Wraath. Also, we chose not to include the amino acid glutamine since it is not an essential amino acid, and our bodies can synthesize it on its own in sufficient quantities. Because the studies that we based this formula off of do not use tryptophan and since it has the potential for "sedative" like side affects, we designed Purple Wraath to be completely tryptophan-free.

By combining intense exercise or weightlifting with the fast absorbing PurplEAA Complex you can rush nutrients into the active cells of your working muscles, creating an anabolic environment optimal for recovery and lean mass.

What would an EAA product be without some amazing support ingredients? Good, but not great. To make this formula great we added the PurplEndurance Complex.

PurplEndurance Complex:

You can't create an optimal anabolic environment without intensity so Controlled Labs decided to take things to the extreme with Purple Wraath by including the ultimate caffeine-free Ergogenic Complex:

So what does each of the ingredients in the PurplEndurance Complex do?

Beta-Alanine
    - Helps increase aerobic efficiency
    - Helps enhance oxygen transport
    - Helps to reduce lactic acid accumulation

Citrulline Malate
    - Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia
    - Boosts energy production
    - Has an oxygen sparing effect
    - Boosts mitochondrial function

Betaine Anhydrous
    - Is a key osmotic/cellular hydration ingredient
    - Enhances muscle fullness
    - Acts as an energy enzyme protector
    - Induces the conversion of homocysteine to methionine
    - Elevates glutathione levels
    - Promotes liver health
    - Helps you maintain intracellular electrolytes
    - Enhances metabolism

Ginger
    - Aids in nutrient absorption
    - Enhances digestion/stomach function
    - Produces a nootropic effect

Norvaline
    - Helps elevate naturally occurring eNOS

As you can see, we have responded to customer demand and the result: Purple Wraath...the most advanced pre-workout product available!!

**Usage Tip: Mix Purple Wraath 30 minutes before you intend to take it and put it in the fridge, the taste will be better and it will dissolve more fully.**

Green Bulge is the most advanced creatine matrix volumizer ever to reach the market. It combines Magnesium Creatine Chelate (MCC), a patented form of creatine, with Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE) to deliver synergistic benefits. Magnesium Creatine Chelate has been shown, in clinical trials, to boost strength significantly after just 2 weeks use.

This form of creatine draws water in greater abundance intra and extra cellularly. This increased cellular hydration leads to better protein synthesis and a fuller, more volumized look. Creatine Ethyl Ester is creatine monohydrate that has been attached to an ester. This ester allows for far better absorption by the body than can be accomplished with generic creatine monohydrate. Creatine monohydrate non-responders or those who felt bloated and had aches will achieve much better results with CEE and MCC.

These two forms of creatine work as described in over 99% of users, whereas creatine monohydrate could not be tolerated by a large percentage of users due to mild "side effects". Taurine Ethyl Ester (TEE) and Arginine Ethyl Ester (AEE) have been added to the formula for volumizing and nitric oxide enhancing effects. Creatine and nitric oxide go hand in hand when trying to increase strength, protein synthesis and pumps.

Healthy Creatine:
    We have one of the few creatine formulas that take your health into full consideration while still delivering incredible strength and size gains. We have included 4-hydroxyisoleucine and K-RALA to scavenge free radicals and regulate insulin function that could be problems associated with creatine and nitric oxide stimulating compound consumption.

Why would you want to take a product to make you look healthier and more muscular that is actually making you less healthy internally? Keep your gains and keep your health with Green Bulge.

If you want to increase your stamina in the gym and gain size and strength, Green Bulge is the right choice for you.

About Dan

Sex: M

Height: 5'5"

Starting Weight: 143.2 lbs

Bodytype: Meso / ecto (I guess, I don't put much faith into the body types)

Training experience:
    In November 2005 I realized that my pants were getting tight. I stepped on the scale and saw my weight was down from my normal 145 lbs to 140 lbs. That meant I had lost a lot of muscle and gained a lot of fat. I decided to do something about it. I started doing research into nutrition and exercise. I changed my extremely carb heavy diet (75%+) to a much better 50/30/20 diet. I started working out 3 days a week in January 2006 at my college as a gym credit. At the end of the semester (May 2006) I signed up at my local World Gym and have been there ever since. From Jan - May I did a modified Max-OT routine. Once I was in a real gym I started doing a full 5 day a week Max-OT workout. I plateaued in Aug 2006 but still stuck with it. From Aug to the end of last year none of my lifts increased much. I started eating a lot more junk and gained a bit of fat.

I decided to start cutting in January and switch my workout to Hypertrophy Specific Training (HST). I lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks. Then I rediscoved the Body For Life challenge (http://www.bodyforlife.com) and decided to participate in that. I stopped workout out for a few weeks and ate anything and everything. By the time I started the contest on Feb 10th I was up to 165 lbs @ ~20% fat, up from my 2006 low of 140 lbs @ ~10% fat.

I've now been cutting for 8 weeks, doing HST and sticking to a very strict diet and supplement regimin. I'm down over 17 lbs, my strength is up, and as you can see below I'm definitely having some hypertrophy.

Current Training Schedule / Protocol:
    Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST)
    I'm doing HST with a few minor changes to fit my schedule and body. Instead of the recommended 3 day split I alternate upper and lower body workouts so I'm in the gym 6 days a week. I workout Sat-Thurs with Friday off. For the first two weeks of my cut I did 5 reps maxed out every day. Then I went into normal HST (2 weeks 15 reps, 2 weeks 10 reps, 4 weeks 5 reps). I'm currently ending the second week of 5 reps. I alternate the workout I do as well (see below).

Before each workout I do a warm up run, 11 min on upper and 9:30 on lower body days. I then do some basic stretching, 35 decline situps, 40 steep decline twist crunches, and 20 steep decline crunches.

Upper body days alternate between:

Upper A
    Incline Bench x1
    Decline Bench x1
    Dips x1
    Lat Pulldown x2
    Seated Cable Rows x1
    Seated Shoulder Press x2
    Standing Lateral Raises x1
    Barbell Curls x2
    Dumbbell Preacher Curls x1
    Cable Pushdown x1

and

Upper B
    Flat Dumbbell Bench x1
    Decline Bench x1
    Dips x1
    Lat Pulldown x2
    Dumbbell Rows x1
    Seated Dumbbell Press x2
    Standing Lateral Raises x1
    Dumbbell Curls x2
    Barbell Preacher Curls x1
    Cable Pushdown x1

Lower body alternates between:

Lower A
    Squat x2
    Leg Curl x2
    Shrugs x2
    Bicycles 15x2
    Ab Crunch Machine x2
    Standing Calf Raises x2

and

Lower B
    Leg Press x2
    Stiff Leg Deadlift x2
    Shrugs x2
    Bicycles 15x2
    Ab Crunch Machine x2
    Standing Calf Raises x2

The next 2 weeks will go as follows:
    Sat: Upper B
    Sun: Lower B
    Mon: Upper A
    Tue: Lower A
    Wed: Upper B
    Thu: Lower B
    Fri: Off

Sat: Upper A
    Sun: Lower A
    Mon: Upper B
    Tue: Lower B
    Wed: Upper A
    Thu: Lower A
    Fri: Off

During the workouts I do facial stretching.

Current weights used will be found in the log below.

Cardio Schedule/Protocol:

As mentioned above I do a warm up run before each workout. Right now I'm doing 5-15 min of cardio after my workout on upper body days. If my fat loss slows down I may increase it.

I'm planning on biking a lot now that it's warming up. I'll probably be riding 30-60 miles per week (and possibly more) once I get my bike ready and it's consistantly warm.

Current supplements:

Upon waking: 3 EAS ThermoDynamX, 25mg Ephedrine, 1 NOW Super EPA, 1 NOW CLA, 1 Walmart Complete Multivitamin
    With Meal 2: 1 Natrol 500mg Ester-C
    4h after waking: 2nd EC dose
    Before Meal 3: 1 NOW CLA
    45min Pre-workout: 1 NOW Ginseng (until they're gone), 5 Caps Green Bulge, 1 Scoop Purple Wraath (workout time varies from day to day, this could be in the morning)
    Final EC does 4h after the last
    Before Meal 5: 1 NOW CLA, 1 ~500mg Green Tea 50% EGCG (capped from bulk)
    With Meal 6: 1 NOW Super EPA
    Before Meal 7:1 NOW CLA, 4 Dymatize Z Force (changing to real ZMA soon)

On off days (Friday) I take 5 500mg CEE caps (capped from bulk) instead of Green Bulge.

The EC stack is near the end. It will be tapering back down over the next 2 weeks.

I also use ON Whey.

Current Diet and Macros:
    I adjust my diet based on my progress. My meals don't change much day to day. Since I'm cutting I eat VERY clean. On Fridays I allow very minor cheating and variation so long as stay within my macros.

For the first 6 weeks of my cut I didn't adjust my diet much. Then I hit a brick wall and did carb cycling for the past 2 weeks. I moved last weekend so I didn't have time to make food (and everything was packed) so I cheated a bit. I think it actually helped me a lot since I lost over 2 lbs this week. After that I decided I'd continue to manipulate my diet as necessary.

Since it will be changing I'll post my diet each day. I'll be eating 2000-2300 kcal on an average day with refeeds potentially reaching 3000 kcal.

Current Daily water intake:
    1.2-1.5 gallons per day

Short Term Goal:
    140 lbs @ <7% fat by May 4th.

Long Term Goal:
    155-160 lbs @ 8% fat. I want to max my genetic potential. After I'm done with this cut in May I'm going straight into a long term CLEAN bulk until I reach this goal.
    For lifting goals I would like to reach 2 plates on flat bench (225 lbs) and 3 plates on squats (315 lbs) at 5 reps.

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs:
    None

Past and current logs:
    DriverDan's 12 Week Body-For-Life Challange - Cut To Victory
    My semi-scientific berberine blood glucose test

Reviews
    Review of Controlled Labs Purple Wraath
    Reviews: Green Bulge, Green Magnitute, Blue Up

I take weekly photos on Saturday morning after my workout. Instead of posting photos from last week I'll be waiting until Saturday to post some them to ensure they are the most up to date.

Comment

Log Details

What This Log Is
      This is a log of my introduction to Purple Wraath Version 3. As a bonus I'm also using Green Bulge. I'll be tracking my workouts, diet, and observations of PW and GB. This log will end when my tub of PW runs out. It will probably take me 3.5 to 4 months to finish all of it so this will run from my current cut well into my summer bulk.

What This Log Isn't
      This log isn't going to track my day to day life or tiny observations about my diet, workout, etc. That can be found in whatever current workout journal I'm keeping on bb.com. I don't want to clutter this log up with unrelated details.

Expectations and Goals
      I expect PW to assist in keeping and gaining muscle during my cut and then rapidly build muscle during my bulk (with proper nutrition and exercise). The extra goodies beyond the EAAs should be interesting as well. I've used quite a few bottles of GB in the past so I already know it helps increase my lifts and build muscle better than any other creatine product I've used.
      Last edited by DriverDan; 04-05-2007, 03:54 PM.

Comment

PURPLE WRAATH V3 First Impressions

I wanted it to have a fairly strong flavor so I used 1 scoop in 9-10 oz of water. After mixing I let it sit in the fridge for 10 min. I mixed it some more, then put it in the freezer for 15 min. There was a little bit of white round precipitate at the bottom so after mixing some more I chugged it. EAAs don't dissolve well but almost everything dissolved. I'm guessing that had I used more water there would have been even less remaining undissolved.

After drinking it I went right to the gym and was on the treadmill 20-25 min later.

Flavor
        I didn't think anything was wrong with the V2 flavor but this one is improved. I'm not sure how to describe it, a bit more grape and a bit less artificial. I definitely think more people will like the new flavor. One thing that really sticks out in my mind is that there is NO aftertaste. Almost everything that has artificial sweeteners leaves a nasty sickly sweet aftertaste. PW V3 leaves nothing, nada, zip!

Short Term Effects
        I'll go into more detail in my daily summary but here are a few quick observations. The beta-alanine tingle kicked in about 30 min after taking it. My legs were feeling sore before my warm up run but by the end they felt great. Had it not been a leg day I would have loved to keep running. My legs have been weak since Saturday. Strength was still down a little but was much improved.

The long term effects of the EAAs are what really interests me the most. Keep watching the log and you'll see the results!

Comment

Day 1 Summary

Weight:
          143.2 lbs (-17.4 lbs since cut started 2/10)
          Today's PURPLE WRAATH Usage: 1 serving
          Total PURPLE WRAATH Usage: 1 serving

Diet
          Clean
          2333 kcal
          Fat: 54g (22%)
          Sat: 10g
          Carbs: 235g (37%)
          Fiber: 31g
          Protein: 232g (42%)

Workout
          Squats were weak but leg curls hit a PR (6 reps). Shrugs were waaay up. 285 was too easy so I jumped right to 315. I've now maxed out the calf raise machine and added an additional 15 lbs. I'm either going to have to start using a different machine or make a big stack of additional weights.

9:30 warm up run, 138 kcal

Decline Situps x35
          Decline Twist Crunches x40
          Decline Crunches x30

Squat 245x4, 235x5
          Leg Curl 155x5, 155x6 (PR)
          Shrugs 285x7, 315x5
          Bicycles 15x2
          Ab Crunches 130x5x2
          Calf Raises 310x6, 315x5

Strength
          Leg strength has been down all week but was much improved from Tuesday's leg workout. I'll chalk the improvement up to PW and increased carbs.

Stamina / Endurance
          My legs were feeling sore before my warm up run but by the end they felt great. Had it not been a leg day I would have loved to keep running.

Energy / Focus
          Great focus, tons of energy. I really wanted to improve my squats but my legs just told me no.

Pumps / Vascularity
          I've been getting minor upper body pumps throughout the day even though it was a leg day. I think it's because of increased carbs. I hardly ever get leg pumps when doing low reps so nothing to report here.

Recovery
          I won't know until tomorrow but right now my legs feel just fine. No DOMS - yet.

Other Observations / Comments
          If it hadn't been for weak squats it would have been a really good workout. I was happy with everything else.

Tomorrow is an off day. Saturday I'll be doing my workout in the morning and cardio in the afternoon. I'll be trying two PURPLE WRAATH servings.

I have only 2 weeks worth of Green Bulge left so I'll have to pickup another bottle soon. I've found that GB is great when cuttings slowly, maintaining, or bulking. The last 2 weeks on low carbs weren't as good though. I think it was a lack of refeeds that had a negative impact, lepin be damned. Now that I'm increasing carbs again I'm sure it will hit me like it was before.

Comment

Looking good so far Dan, on those shrugs, do you use straps?
            RedAcid Gen2 / SesaGlow Log

http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...5500#post35500

Never be complacent with your body

Comment

Day 2 Summary

Weight:
              143.2 lbs (-16.6 lbs since cut started 2/10) (+0.8 lbs since PW log started)
              Today's PURPLE WRAATH Usage: None (off day)
              Total PURPLE WRAATH Usage: 1 serving

Diet
              Mostly Clean
              Today's diet details to be posted tomorrow (see comments below).

Workout
              None, off day.

Recovery
              No soreness from yesterday so recovery was good. DOMS from Wednesday's upper body workout is almost gone as well. My chest has been sore all week but it's feeling pretty good right now.

The cable company screwed up big time and cancelled our internet service today That's why I didn't post earlier. I'm borrowing a friend's EVDO card until we get service resumed on the 12th.

Due to the lack of internet access I wasn't on my computer. I'm tired and going to bed so I'll post further details for today in the morning. Tomorrow is going to be a double PW day!

Comment

Originally posted by AshyLarry
                Looking good so far Dan, on those shrugs, do you use straps?
                Yes. I use straps on BB Shrugs over 215 lbs.

Comment

PURPLE WRAATH SECOND IMPRESSIONS

For my 2nd dose I wanted to make it as strong as possible to get the full flavor. I mixed 1 scoop with 7 oz of water. I let it sit in the fridge for 20 min, stirring once after 15 min. It dissolved about the same as the first dose, leaving some bits behind that were easily washed down with some more water.

So, how is the flavor?? GREAT! The first thing that comes to mind is grape cough syrup done right. Seriously, you guys should contact cough syrup companies and sell them your flavoring. It's very tasty, tangy grape yet sweet.

I'll be posting workout details in my daily summary but for now I'll just say it was great!

Comment

Day 3 Summary

Weight:
                    143.6 lbs (-17 lbs since cut started 2/10) (+0.4 lbs since PW log started)
                    Today's PURPLE WRAATH V3 Usage: 2 servings
                    Total PURPLE WRAATH V3 Usage: 3 serving

Diet
                    Refeed w/ cheating
                    3451 kcal
                    Fat: 78g (21%)
                    Sat: 25g
                    Carbs: 478g (51%)
                    Fiber: 51g
                    Protein: 230g (28%)

6 meals today, including this:

Pizza made from scratch Whole wheat dough, sliced tomatos, Sargento Low Fat Italian Cheese. I ate a bunch of jelly beans between meals. Happy Easter!

Yesterday's diet was around 2300 kcal. I didn't workout the macros. It was clean.

The next few days will be low carb, around 2000 kcal.

Workout
                    Today I did my workout in the morning and went back to do some bike cardio in the afternoon. The workout this morning was great. I did have trouble completing DB shoulder presses but otherwise I hit some PRs and was pretty pumped. Legs were a little sore during warm up run.

11 min warm up run, 161 kcal

DB Bench: 70x5
                    Decline Bench: 160x6 (PR)
                    Dips: 65x5 (could have done another but upper chest was sore)
                    Lat Pulldown: 175x5x2
                    DB Rows: 80x6 (PR)
                    Seated DB Press: 50x5, 45x2 (Struggled to even get the 45s up. I think it's due to Thursday's shrugs)
                    Standing Lateral Raises: 30x5 (poor form)
                    DB Curls: 50x5, 50x6 (Improved form but still a bit too much shoulder motion)
                    EZ-Bar Preacher Curls: 45x5, 65x6 (guessed at weight, will go higher next time)
                    Cable Pushdowns: 90x6 (lowered weight for improved form)

Afternoon cardio was 27 min on a recumbent bike. I think it was reading incorrectly. It said I was going 6-8mph the whole time despite pedaling fast. It ended up reading 220 kcal burned.

Strength
                    Almost everything was improved today. The true test will be tomorrow's leg workout.

Stamina / Endurance
                    The afternoon cardio was too easy on my cardiovascular system. I don't think my heart rate ever went over 110 bpm! I was pedaling pretty fast too.

Energy / Focus
                    Great energy and focus. I was 100% there today.

Pumps / Vascularity
                    Improved pumps. Vascularity was normal.

Recovery
                    Legs were a bit sore from Thursday's workout but not enough to interfere with anything. I could have kept going on the bike but it was time to eat.

I took the afternoon Purple Wraath dose in 6 oz of water. I wanted a nice strong flavor. It was good Not everything dissolved but some extra water washed it down. Strangely enough I didn't get the beta-alanine tingle 30 min after taking it. I got a little about an hour later.

Tomorrow I'm going to try 1 scoop in 14 oz of water to see how it tastes watered down. I really like it strong in only 6 oz.

Comment

Starting Pictures
                      Ask and ye shall receive. I post weekly pictures in my cutting journal. I'll post start and end pics in this log.

Comment

Comment

Day 4 Interlude

This morning I woke up and headed to the bathroom. On the way out I hear a faint humming coming from the kitchen. As I enter the room I the humming gets louder. I noticed a purple glow coming from the edges of the cabinet. I opened it up and here's what I saw...

I think I need to lay off the jelly beans

Comment

Day 4 Summary

Weight:
                            146.0 lbs (-14.6 lbs since cut started 2/10) (+2.8 lbs since PW log started)
                            Today's PURPLE WRAATH V3 Usage: 1 serving
                            Total PURPLE WRAATH V3 Usage: 4 serving

Diet
                            So, um, yeah. Last night I went nuts and ate a ton of jelly beans. I stop keeping track when I began eating them by the handful. I didn't eat nearly enough to result in 2 lbs of tissue gain so I'm sure the majority of the weight gain was water/glycogen. It will drop back down rapidly. Tomorrow marks the start of TKD. I'll be eating <15% carbs most of the week with almost 50% of them consumed in my PWO shake.

Today 90% of my carbs were in my first 3 meals, up through my PWO shake. After that all the carbs were from vegetables.

2215 kcal
                            Fat: 50g (22%)
                            Sat: 10g
                            Carbs: 184g (30%)
                            Fiber: 27g
                            Protein: 250g (48%)

Workout
                            Workout was good. Leg strength is still down but coming back. I was feeling my hams and glutes big time during leg presses. I increased my warm up sets from 1 to 2-3. I'll be doing 2-3 warm up sets from now on.

I decided to increase my ab workout as well. I added 10 more situps, upped bicycles to 20 reps, added another crunch machine set, and decreased the weight for the first 2 sets.

9:30 warm up run, 137 kcal

Leg Press: 600x6, 610x5 (+ sled weight)
                            SLDL: 255x5x2 (probably could have done 6 reps but didn't want to push it today)
                            Shrugs: 315x6x2 (not lifting as high as I'd like so the weight is staying the same)
                            Bicycles: 20x2
                            Ab Crunch Mach: 100x12, 105x8, 130x5
                            Standing Calf Raises: 315x6, 320x6 (PR) (the stack of extra weights is getting high, going to have to switch exercises soon)

Strength
                            Legs were about the same. Calves are up.

Stamina / Endurance
                            Normal high stamina.

Energy / Focus
                            Plenty of both. Again, I wanted to do more weight but my legs said no.

Pumps / Vascularity
                            Low rep leg day = no pumps.

Recovery
                            Recovery is becoming a bit of an issue. I've been having more and more DOMS. I think it's because I've been training for 10 weeks, 6 days per week. Combine that with a low carb diet and recovery isn't going to go very well.

Today I mixed my Purple Wraath with 14 oz of water. Surprisingly the flavor wasn't diluted much. I still prefer it nice and strong though. From now on it's 6 oz of water for me.

Comment

Day 5 Summary

Weight:
                              145.0 lbs (-15.6 lbs since cut started 2/10) (+1.8 lbs since PW log started)
                              Today's PURPLE WRAATH Usage: 1 serving
                              Total PURPLE WRAATH Usage: 5 servings

Diet
                              From now on I'll be tracking my diet daily on FitDay and posting the details in this log. It will be varying more than before since this is the first time I've ever eaten so few carbs.

1929 kcal
                              Fat: 88g (42%)
                              Sat: 22g
                              Carbs: 73g (12%)
                              Fiber: 14g
                              Protein: 218g (46%)

Meal 1
                              Omelette made with:
                              2 large eggs
                              1/4 cup Sargento Chipotle Cheddar cheese
                              1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
                              2 strips chopped center cut bacon
                              Pepper and chili powder

1 strip center cut bacon on the side

This was the best omelette I've ever had! I will definitely be eating this daily.

Meal 2
                              PWO Shake:
                              1 scoop ON protein powder
                              2 tbsp maltodextrin
                              2 tbsp oats
                              1.5 tbsp dextrose
                              1/2 tbsp flax meal
                              ~5g leucine

Meal 3
                              3oz chicken
                              3 cups lettuce/spinach mix
                              1/2 tbsp flax oil

Meal 4
                              1 can Alaskan salmon
                              3 cups lettuce/spinach mix
                              1/2 tbsp flax oil

Meal 5
                              5oz chicken
                              1 cup frozen stir fry vegetables
                              1/4 cup Sargento Reduced Fat Italian Cheese
                              1/2 tbsp sesame oil

Meal 6
                              1 Benetino's Habanero & Montery Jack Sausage
                              1 Frigo Light String Cheese

Meal 7
                              1 cup Friendship 1% whipped cottage cheese

Workout
                              Awesome workout today! I think the high carb day + Purple Wraath is making a big difference. My body was drained before and isn't anymore.

I hit a couple PRs. Not having a spotter is holding me back. I know I could push out another rep on many of the exercises but don't want to do it without a spot.

11 min warm up run, 1.34 miles, 180 kcal

Incline Bench: 145x5.5 (Last rep was lowered only half way)
                              Dips: 70x6 (PR)
                              Decline Bench: 165x5 (PR)
                              Lat Pulldown: 175x6 (PR), 175x5
                              Seated Cable V-Bar Rows: 205x5
                              Seated BB Press: 105x5, 100x5 (First set had too much back arch so lowered the weight. I'm almost positive the heavy Shrugs are interfering here.)
                              Standing Lateral Raises: 30x6 (Strangely improved here, with an extra rep and better form)
                              BB Curls: 100x6, 100x5 **
                              DB Preacher Curls: 32.5x7 (Guessed at weight, will use more next time.)
                              Cable Pushdowns: 90x6 **

** - Form is almost where I want it. Weight will go up by the end of next week.

Strength
                              Up, up and away I can't wait to start bulking in a month.

Stamina / Endurance
                              As usual no problems. Low reps and low sets makes for low endurance requirements.

Energy / Focus
                              Energy and focus were fine. It's a little strange, mentally I feel like I'm not making progress but physically it's going great for most muscle groups.

Pumps / Vascularity
                              Pumps were the best I've had in a while. This weekend's refeed / cheat day must have packed in the glycogen because I was totally pumped today. My upper body was rock hard. I swear my biceps look bigger today then they did on Saturday.

Recovery
                              Upper body was less sore today than it has been for the past 2 weeks. Great recovery!

All week I've felt cold, starting last Sunday or Monday. Maybe my metabolism has slowed down, I don't know. It's 73 in my room right now and it should feel warm. Instead it feels cool.

I started tanning today. It was my first time doing any form of tanning. Pretty relaxing actually. I started with only 6 minutes and my arms are already looking darker. Torso is a little red. I plan on going 3 days a week until I'm happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X