Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the battle begins

hey guys,
    Recently was diagnosed with a rare type of diabetes (i dont even know the name to be honest). Went through the whole back and forth of being diagnosed type 1 from one doctor and type 2 from another. Finally, I went to duke medical center in NC and had a genetics test done. The results came out that i had type 2 diabetes but that i needed insulin shots (taking lantus and novolog insulin atm). I cant stress how much i hate giving myself insulin shots and i expressed my discontent with my endocrinologist. He then claimed that since i am young (about to be 21) that i could REVERSE the diabetes i have by exercise and a strict strict diet (15 total servings of carbs a day for a total of about 225g). It turns out that putting on more muscle and losing some BF will greating help improve the efficacy of the insulin that i am naturally making. In the past i used to lift on a regular basis and used Man body octane and clout with some great results. I saw the helpfulness of the CL crew on bb.com ,so i decided to get both WF/GM combo to achieve similar or better results than the BO and clout. Don't worry i already asked my doctor if taking these prouducts would be detrimental to my health and he said that it shouldn't but if it is making me have either hypo or hyperglycemic symptoms to discontinue use.
    Current stats Before lifting regimen/supplements:
    height: 6'2
    Weight: 258 - really let myself go sophomore and junior year in college
    Goals: initially cut down on body fat to lower my insulin dosage + lower my hemoglobin A1c level to around 6% from 11% that it is now through exercise. Secondary goal (after i cut down on bf %) - gain muscle to increase effectiveness of my natural insulin. Although, i think ille be gaining muscle and losing Bf just because noob gains tend to do that from what i can remember

supplements i will be taking:
    ast multi vit (chromium and zinc are good for diabetics!)
    fish oils caps
    ON whey
    WF/GM

Routine i will be following:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/work...ay&exercount=9

decided to go full body workout since i have never done so in the past.

with 10 mins warmup cardio on treadmill followed by 20 mins cardio on bike.

and so it begins......

good luck man

Comment

sounds great, please keep your doctor informed if any changes arise
      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
      Purple Psyko
      Gold Feast
      Blue Gene
      Blue Growth
      REDuction AM/PM Shots
      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
      Orange TRIad
      White Flood (5 Flavors)
      Black Hole
      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
      Green Bulge
      White Blood 2
      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
      Blue Up
      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Good luck
        A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

good luck man!!!!!!!
          MY GREEN MAG LOG
          http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
          http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Well today was day one of the work out and i was curious to see what my blood sugar would be doing pre and post workout. Before the workout my blood sugar was about 117 and post workout it was 96. Also i didnt have any hypo or hyper glycemia symptoms so all systems are a go! Hopefully i wont wake up too sore...although i had a hard time turning the steering wheel on the ride back lol. Thanks for the support by the way.

ed

Comment

Working...
            X