Westside vs Shut up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westside vs Shut up

Im in a crucial part of my training now. I have one more week of the Shut up Program then I can choose to: a) switch my focus to strength b) continue for size c) choose a new routine. I don't know which one to choose, I was asking around and people have reccomended Defranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards. I asked one of my "trainers" and he said that wont get me the size that I need. I thought I would ask you guys since you have always helped me out and seem to know what you are talking about.

You guys havent replied to my Workout Log anymore so I'm wondering if you guys dont like me or are just busy or what but if you want me to leave the site..tell me. Maybe I am jumping conclusions but just let me know. Thanks for the help!
    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Originally posted by Alerux
    strength... size....
    Athletic performance ? Since you're in sports ?

Comment

Does strength = size? I dont really get your answer man sorry haha. Which one is it?

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

Does strength = size? I dont really get your answer man sorry haha. Which one is it?
        Strength does not = size

Size does not = strength

Size / Strength does not = athletic performance

So, in your scenario I recommend training specifically for athletic performance.

Comment

oooooooo I gotcha. That doesnt really help me though. I have been looking at routines all day and I still havent found one for my sports.

Comment

oooooooo I gotcha. That doesnt really help me though. I have been looking at routines all day and I still havent found one for my sports.
            Football
            http://search.bodybuilding.com/searc...ption&filter=0

Basketball:
            http://search.bodybuilding.com/searc...ption&filter=0

Comment

Check out this article for some insight as to what you may want to try:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1494202
              "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

Im in a crucial part of my training now. I have one more week of the Shut up Program then I can choose to: a) switch my focus to strength b) continue for size c) choose a new routine. I don't know which one to choose, I was asking around and people have reccomended Defranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards. I asked one of my "trainers" and he said that wont get me the size that I need. I thought I would ask you guys since you have always helped me out and seem to know what you are talking about.

You guys havent replied to my Workout Log anymore so I'm wondering if you guys dont like me or are just busy or what but if you want me to leave the site..tell me. Maybe I am jumping conclusions but just let me know. Thanks for the help!
                I'm not familiar with you, or what your goals are, but I do know that westside barbell will get you strong, very strong, maybe not so big. A good training I used when I was playing football was a homemade program I made, a mix of HIT and DC. If you would like further info, pm me and I will give you a sample.

Comment

1st. Basketball and Football are entirely different sports requiring entirely different builds. What sport is more dominant in your life and which positions will you play? Give us more info and maybe we can give you better answers.

2nd. Don't get all emo since someone hasn't written in your log day after day after day. It's a large site with a lot going on. So people might miss your topic, or get caught up time wise to just not see everything new on here. If you have problems with social awareness and such on the internet, you should get that resolved. Chances are you dwell on too much in real life as well.
                  Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                  US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                    1st. Basketball and Football are entirely different sports requiring entirely different builds. What sport is more dominant in your life and which positions will you play? Give us more info and maybe we can give you better answers.

2nd. Don't get all emo since someone hasn't written in your log day after day after day. It's a large site with a lot going on. So people might miss your topic, or get caught up time wise to just not see everything new on here. If you have problems with social awareness and such on the internet, you should get that resolved. Chances are you dwell on too much in real life as well.
                    I will play WR and the secondary, maybe some DE. On the hardwood I play everything. And for your 2, made me kind of mad, Im not getting "emo" on it. I was just kinda wondering cuz they gave me a lot of support last year and not so much this year. Its no big deal, I understand that people are busy. I didnt even think I was making a huge thing about it. Sorry for appearing "emo"

Rise, All my goals and stuff are in my workout log...If you need anything else PM me. I will get back to you on your program if I dont get one here.

Retro, I read that but I didnt really understand it..yeah, Im dumb.

Mainly I need size. I was thinking to switch from strength to size week by week on sets and reps. I donno, hopefully someone has something out there for me.

Comment

I will play WR and the secondary, maybe some DE. On the hardwood I play everything. And for your 2, made me kind of mad, Im not getting "emo" on it. I was just kinda wondering cuz they gave me a lot of support last year and not so much this year. Its no big deal, I understand that people are busy. I didnt even think I was making a huge thing about it. Sorry for appearing "emo"

Rise, All my goals and stuff are in my workout log...If you need anything else PM me. I will get back to you on your program if I dont get one here.

Retro, I read that but I didnt really understand it..yeah, Im dumb.

Mainly I need size. I was thinking to switch from strength to size week by week on sets and reps. I donno, hopefully someone has something out there for me.
                      See when I was in football, my freshman year I was HUGE (fat not muscle) and I played as a defensive lineman, usually tackle, and by my junior year, the last year I played I was on special teams kicking, because I wasnt big enough to hit the line much anymore. I was built very stocky my whole life, but after I cut up I realized that the muscle didnt exist so I started doing HIT and I blew up dude. So as far as power goes, HIT got me strong, and as far as size, HVT/DC have gotten me big. It depends very specifically on what you want.

Comment

Im thinking I want size more than strength.

Comment

Im thinking I want size more than strength.
                          You have two options, DC or HST... DC gave me good strength AND size though, give them each a 6month go and see which you like best and use that one!

Comment

what exactly is DC and HST? I have a hunch but im not quite sure. Im thinking DC if you got both out of it. I dont have 6months to do both.

Comment

what exactly is DC and HST? I have a hunch but im not quite sure. Im thinking DC if you got both out of it. I dont have 6months to do both.
                              HST = hypertrophy specific training.
                              DC = Dogg Crapp training.
                              Googling them would give the best methods of running them, that and I'm feeling incredibly lazy bro. lol I will post you a link to a friends DC teachings:

DC style Training part 1: http://www.discountanabolics.com/for...ead.php?t=2054

DC style Training part 2 (Extreme Stretching):http://www.discountanabolics.com/for...ead.php?t=2093

DC Log: http://www.discountanabolics.com/for...ead.php?t=3331

Hope these help ya out, they sure helped me, feel free to PM any questions!

Comment

Working...
                              X