browndustins slowly getting there with CONTROLLED LABS GM, PW, GG and WB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by browndustin
    Heck, I can hardly stand up and sit down right now lol. Back and hams are fried.
    Where's cervasa ?

Comment

• *** Leg Day *** That's the shit

Ahh yes. I feel good right now. Legs feel slaughtered. My lower back has been very tired from those deadlifts for sure, but I managed to get my blood flowing like crazy and recovery this weekend should be a cinch. Gonna go to yet ANOTHER gym, but while this one's also ghetto, it has everything I need. My bro has a voucher so we'll use it on weekends until September.... I'm stoked.

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 scoop AI WPI in 500ml water
      1 scoop GM in 500ml water
      2 scoops GG

During workout:

2 scoops GG near beginning of workout
      1.5L water

Post Workout:

2 scoops AI WPI Protien + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water
      (started drinking this near the end of my workout

**Warm ups – Leg Presses, started with a few plates and different stances
      Leg Press - Narrow Stance- 4 work sets
      10x360lbs
      10x360lbs
      10x450lbs (PR)
      8x500lbs (PR)

Leg Press - Wide Stance- 3 work sets
      10x360lbs
      10x360lbs
      10x360lbs

Seated Ham Curls- 3 work sets
      12x120lbs
      12x120lbs
      12x120lbs

Leg Extensions- 3 work sets
      12x120lbs
      12x120lbs
      12x120lbs

Ahh, my legs feel exhausted. Remember that I don't have any WB or PW at the moment, so recovery has slowed to a screeching halt basically. But I'm feelin good and maintaining my weight. I never do Leg Presses because I got so obsessed with Squats. I'm looking for an outter sweep, hence the narrow stance. And I don't want to pull my inner thigh muscles so I go at a lower weight.

It's all about the mind-muscle connection. I was feelin it today. Stretched after and felt great. But started drinking my post workout shake when I was doing my Ham Curls. Still sipping it now. Gonna make some eggs and eat some chicken breasts. No workout tomorrow, but I will be running around the lake if all goes well, so I should have an update. It's been hard taking so many off days, but with unstoppable variables there ain't anything I can really do about it. I just have to keep on truckin. I feel great right now

Reflections on experience thus far

Wow. My strength has really shot up. I mean, I have REALLY made some improvements. I haven't looked at the first few pages, but I'll do a real contrast and comparison later. Everyone at the gym has been telling me that I've been doing a lot more, doing things a lot cleaner and looking very intense.

I'm not sure how well this helps to put on weight, if any. Not a complaint at all, but I expected to gain at least 10lbs. Creatine Monohydrate and Creatine Ethyl Ester seem to be what helps put on weight. Green Bulge put on a ton, so I might be buying some bulk CEE for post workout recovery in the future. Again, not complaining. I realize now that I need to bump up my calories a little and make sure that I also eat well on the weekends (too many holes in my diet, weekends are too unstructured).

Considering the fact that I've been doing a lot more cardio though, I'm glad to have at least stuck around the 160lb (dry) area. Endurance is great, and I'm sure that I will put on a lot more mass any time now. It's got to catch up with my strength. Great muscle volumization with GlycerGrow, and my muscles are definitely a lot fuller, more defined and I think I may even have some striations. My body's just looking a lot nicer and that's that.

After this log I will have my Black Out which I will be doing a mini-log/review of, might be taking Hyperdrol or possible X-Factor... and I'll log them of course. I have another tub of Green MAGnitude and I'm not sure what to do with it. I might save it and abstain from Creatine again or I may stack it with Hyperdrol or X-Factor and have a super, super dedicated month of brutal workouts. Ain't too sure yet, but I'm still stoked on Green MAG!!!!! Argueably one of Controlled Lab's best products. Definitely the best pre-workout supplement in the line up.

Stoked on Controlled Labs, man.

Comment

Gonna go to yet ANOTHER gym, but while this one's also ghetto, it has everything I need. My bro has a voucher so we'll use it on weekends until September.... I'm stoked.
        SCORE !!!!

Comment

• Sometimes those ghetto dungeon looking gyms anre the best. Look at the pics of Dorians gym from back in the day.

Comment

• I was diggin Dorian today. Strange that you mention. Was checking out his posing routines and what not. Also spent some time admiring Flex Wheeler.

No cardio today. But I was active for sure. Just woke up a little late and focused on eating clean. Got a coffee grinder so I'm having a shake with oats finally. Will make me gain weight again so I'm stoked.

Caught the Persied Meteor Shower tonight!!!!! I'm so stoked. Was hanging out with my best friends again and while I have been taking some extra days off, they're well needed and I should be able to hit the gym with much consistency. Too many social variables and changes in my life but it's back to business.

Comment

• *** Chest Dubs *** What the ****

Shit…. I hit the wall. Actually, it was more like someone grabbed me by the nuts and tossed me into the wall. I couldn’t finish my workout. I bitched. Called it quits. Sat around for about 25 minutes in between a few sets and just accepted the fact that I felt like shit, had too much nausea and couldn’t go on.

Woke up later than I should have, took my multi vitamin later, ate before I worked out and probably didn’t have enough time for my food and multi to go through. I also chugged my GM which probably didn’t help either. I find that if I sip it, I feel it’s effects much better when it has time to pass through my system. I pissed bright yellow when I got home so that probably wasn’t too good. Ah well, her goes it…

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 scoop GM in 500ml water (slammed this on the way to the gym)
              2 scoops GG

During workout:

500ml water

Post Workout:

2 scoops AI WPI Protein + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water

**Warm ups – Incline Chest Press – Felt a bit weak but didn’t expect what happened next
              Incline Chest Press- 3 work sets
              6x80lbs (felt okay)
              5x80lbs freaking failed!!!!! Paused, picked up the weight and failed again
              7x80lbs to make my self feel better… needed a bit rest between sets though

Pec Dec Flies- 2 work sets?
              6x235lbs… was shooting for 10 reps
              8x185lbs… was shooting for 10 reps but failed at 8… couldn’t handle the defeat, nor the nausea

GRRRRRRR

Well….. at least that was the first time I actually could NOT go any further. I thought about simply pumping up my chest and going for very high volumes to promote exhaustion, but nah, I was literally spent. It felt pretty terrible to have this nausea, but I suppose I couldn’t do much else.

It was kind of funny… walking in the gym I felt all right, but saw my ex-gf that I dated throughout high school. After getting in the gym I saw the girl I was just recently dating for the past two years and she wouldn’t look at me lol (poor girl’s not over me). Felt pretty miserable but looking forward to my back workout today.

Not planning on breaking any personal records, but rather keeping up with things. Trying to add some mass to my upper back, so there will be lots of rowing movements et al. Will also try to remember to squeeze in some DB Pull Overs too. Positive that today’s back workout will be good. I’ll need to remember to take a couple of puffs before the gym as well.

Comment

• Dude did you bump into two of your ex's in a row?!
                Everyone has bad workouts...you'll bounce back for sure, how was back day?

Don't be miserable! (This is an order)

Comment

• Don't sweat the bad workouts man we all have them, refocus and go kick some a$$.

Comment

• *** Back Day *** Bounced back

All right, no nausea, strong workout, smile across my face, etc. Pretty good stuff. Also stoked on my friend Kyle who is just about ready for his Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competition (11 days) and he’s just polished off his tub of Purple Wraath in like 3 weeks!!!!! lmao

Kyle’s cut over 30lbs in the past few weeks and while I thought he’d lose a ton of muscle, he’s looking as ripped as ever and is even STRONGER than before. When I spot him on flat and decline bench, he’s getting in more reps and more weight. He asked me to tell everyone at Controlled Labs that this is the best supplement he’s ever taken. I’d have to say that it’s probably my favorite as well. Guess I need to put in another order for a couple tubs of Purple Wraath. Yehaw. Now onto my workout.

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 serving AI WPI Protein + 30g Dextrose in 500ml water
                    2 scoops GG

During workout:

1.5-2L water

Post Workout:

2 servings AI WPI Protein + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water

**Warm ups – Conventional Deadlifts and Yates Rows – Almost work sets if anything
                    V-Grip Pull Downs- 3 work sets
                    6x160lbs
                    6x160lbs
                    6x160lbs

One Arm DB Rows- 3 work sets – NO STRAPS!!!!
                    6x100lbs
                    6x100lbs
                    6x100lbs

Seated Rows- 3 work sets
                    6x170lbs
                    6x170lbs
                    6x170lbs

Wide-Grip Pull Downs- 2 work sets – mostly just being a monkey…technically new PRs
                    5x170lbs
                    5x170lbs

All right, so that’s the way to do it. Made sure not to slam my protein shake and Green MAG before working out, but that means I lose a lot of time in my day. My gym sessions start off slow with warming up and stretching, and usually finish slow with people talking to me and stuff. They’re about 2 hours long not including the ride to and from the gym. Been feeling lots of lethargy and going to see if I can take a paid vacation off from work. Might even just take a week of stress leave if things keep going like this. I feel positive but I need some time to let my mind unravel and build up immunity to all this BS in life. That, or I need to start dedicating some more time to meditation again. Very good shit.

And yes Asianbabe, I did happen to run into both my gf’s lol. Shiieeeettt… the only women I’ve ever dated too. Saw my ex-ex gf yesterday after work too and she’s lookin like she’s doing good. My most recent ex just started a culinary arts program at the college/university I work out at (I don’t run into her), so hopefully she’s doing good with that. I’m actually suuuuppppeerrrr relieved to not be in a relationship right now, and that’s been helping me focus on myself and my male friends whom I’ve probably neglected, but they’re super cool. True friends for sure.

Feeling pretty good right now. Need to get more organized, get my sleep routine back in check, finish some chores (like cleaning my car from camping two weeks ago!!) and start meditating again. I’m sure I’ll feel exuberant. I’m working out my shoulders today and I think that I should be able to go heavy. Don’t want to psych myself out, but I think I might hit some new PRs today. Either way I’m going to push myself hard and try to do what I do. Currently waiting on my WB/PW (think it’s stuck at customs ) and I ordered some bulk CEE and L-Leucine for my next, undecided stack.

Comment

• great workout!! glad to see you bounced back.

Comment

*** Back Day *** Bounced back

All right, no nausea, strong workout, smile across my face, etc. Pretty good stuff. Also stoked on my friend Kyle who is just about ready for his Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competition (11 days) and he’s just polished off his tub of Purple Wraath in like 3 weeks!!!!! lmao

Kyle’s cut over 30lbs in the past few weeks and while I thought he’d lose a ton of muscle, he’s looking as ripped as ever and is even STRONGER than before. When I spot him on flat and decline bench, he’s getting in more reps and more weight. He asked me to tell everyone at Controlled Labs that this is the best supplement he’s ever taken. I’d have to say that it’s probably my favorite as well. Guess I need to put in another order for a couple tubs of Purple Wraath. Yehaw. Now onto my workout.

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 serving AI WPI Protein + 30g Dextrose in 500ml water
                        2 scoops GG

During workout:

1.5-2L water

Post Workout:

**Warm ups – Conventional Deadlifts and Yates Rows – Almost work sets if anything
                        V-Grip Pull Downs- 3 work sets
                        6x160lbs
                        6x160lbs
                        6x160lbs

One Arm DB Rows- 3 work sets – NO STRAPS!!!!
                        6x100lbs
                        6x100lbs
                        6x100lbs

Seated Rows- 3 work sets
                        6x170lbs
                        6x170lbs
                        6x170lbs

Wide-Grip Pull Downs- 2 work sets – mostly just being a monkey…technically new PRs
                        5x170lbs
                        5x170lbs

All right, so that’s the way to do it. Made sure not to slam my protein shake and Green MAG before working out, but that means I lose a lot of time in my day. My gym sessions start off slow with warming up and stretching, and usually finish slow with people talking to me and stuff. They’re about 2 hours long not including the ride to and from the gym. Been feeling lots of lethargy and going to see if I can take a paid vacation off from work. Might even just take a week of stress leave if things keep going like this. I feel positive but I need some time to let my mind unravel and build up immunity to all this BS in life. That, or I need to start dedicating some more time to meditation again. Very good shit.

And yes Asianbabe, I did happen to run into both my gf’s lol. Shiieeeettt… the only women I’ve ever dated too. Saw my ex-ex gf yesterday after work too and she’s lookin like she’s doing good. My most recent ex just started a culinary arts program at the college/university I work out at (I don’t run into her), so hopefully she’s doing good with that. I’m actually suuuuppppeerrrr relieved to not be in a relationship right now, and that’s been helping me focus on myself and my male friends whom I’ve probably neglected, but they’re super cool. True friends for sure.

Feeling pretty good right now. Need to get more organized, get my sleep routine back in check, finish some chores (like cleaning my car from camping two weeks ago!!) and start meditating again. I’m sure I’ll feel exuberant. I’m working out my shoulders today and I think that I should be able to go heavy. Don’t want to psych myself out, but I think I might hit some new PRs today. Either way I’m going to push myself hard and try to do what I do. Currently waiting on my WB/PW (think it’s stuck at customs ) and I ordered some bulk CEE and L-Leucine for my next, undecided stack.

BEASTLY....(Yes..I just quoted all of your post to say that - great job!)
                        Supplements.net Board Rep

Quality, Supplements at Great Prices.

Comment

• hey glad to see you got back into it. Yeah my workouts take ages too, lol its becomng my local hangout.

Good job on the rows!! I got a new pr yesterday as wellon them, only it was 40, not 100lbs. methinks we need some progress pics from you soon

Comment

• Hehehehe, spunky girl! Thanks for the love everyone

Nice PR… I remember a year ago when 40lb rows was a PR for me lol. I bet that I was smaller than you too, but I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing!

I forgot to add, I did a couple work sets of DB Pull Overs too. Crikey!!! Grabbed the 80lbs, squiggled down till my shoulders/head were resting on a sweaty ass bench and reefed on it. Wanted to make sure yesterday that my pecs were fully exhausted too, and damnnnn they’re sore. I feel pretty relieved, especially after the positive back workout. Shoulders today and I’m almost done work.

Took a couple of progress pics at home. I might post em. Need to borrow a good digital camera though because web cam pics aren’t the most flattering.

BAHHHHH 15 minutes left of work….. signed out of all my tools and I need to slack until I punch out of the clock. All I do at work is seriously frequent forums and eat. Funny cause I’m getting a dollar fitty ($1.50) raise in September lmao…. Well, gonna go clean out my protein shaker. Damn oats like to make me cranky when they dry up and get stuck to the bottle GRRR!!!

Comment

• *** Shoulder Day *** Yeeehawwww

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Had a great workout. Another smokin’ 10/10. No new weight lifted, but upped the intensity for sure. Had a lot of great friends show up at the end of my workout and that helped to brighten things up even more. I love goin to the gym… now here’s what I did

Pre Workout Supplements:

2 scoops (2/3rds of a serving ~18g protein) AI WPI Protein + 30g Dextrose in 400ml water
                              2 scoops GG

During workout:

1.5-2L water

Post Workout:

**Warm ups – DB Laterals. Wow, feelin SOOO light
                              DB Laterals- 6 work sets
                              10x25lbs
                              10x25lbs
                              8x30lbs
                              8x30lbs
                              6x35lbs
                              6x35lbs

Seated DB Presses- 3 work sets
                              6x70lbs
                              6x70lbs
                              6x70lbs

Rear Delt Flies (On Pec Dec Machine)- 3 work sets
                              10x115lbs (thought this was 125lbs and that it was much easier lol!!)
                              10x125lbs
                              10x125lbs

DB Shrugs- 4 work sets, two in the front and two to the side
                              10x70lbs
                              10x70lbs
                              10x70lbs
                              10x70lbs

Had a great workout!!!! I was doing wrist curls before my Shoulder Presses which really worked more than I had expected. Wanted to have a bit of pre-exhaustion to blast my shoulders without moving to the 75lbs or 80lbs (don’t want a shoulder injury) and it really worked lol! Felt GREAT though!! Again, I only counted my work sets but I squeezed in a quick lower abdominal circuit.

I’m starting to feel my delts getting a lot stronger. I think that my delts and chest are a little bit lagging in size, but I’m sure that they’ll catch up. The laterals help with width, and the rear delt flies help me look larger from the back. But I wouldn’t mind having big cannonballs on my shoulders and a ginormous rib cage with slabs of hard muscle covering myself. Just a matter of time… slowly getting there

Today’s an off day but I’ll be sure to keep the cardio intensity up. Not sure if I’ll actually be running around the lake (would be too exhausting), but I’ll be eating and resting big which should be good. Feels like my diet’s really getting tuned up nicely… can’t wait to hit the weights again. Arm Day on Thursday and LEGGGGGGS on Friday!

Comment

• Nice workouts, 2 hours is a very long time. Got to becareful as you will start to break down the CNS and raise cortisol levels like a mofo.

Comment

Working...
                                X