Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by browndustin
    Attention plzkthx

I’m a major stress case right now… lots of anxiety is building up and I’m in a bit of a financial squeeze. Just wanted to say that I will still continue to update my log each day, on time. Thanks for all the support so far, guys and girls. Wanted to apologize for the negative attitude as of late. Wish me luck.
    Damn... whats the scenario ?

Comment

Things aren't as bad as I make them seem, heh... but my GF's really been annoying me. Lots of squabbling and fighting which is rare. Working things out without fighting over MSN right now, but I think we'll probably break up. If we do it will be kind of a relief in a way. Either way I'll try my best and do what I think is right.

There's also the matter of money. No one's coming to break my legs or anything, don't worry. Lots of other stuff too; a little more serious but nothing I can't manage. All a rather temporary situation, but once it's pay day I can at least take care of some majorly annoying monetary problems.

I should feel better soon. I just need to meditate and take things as they come. If there's a resolution then there's no need to worry. I usually have a very optimistic attitude but there's skeletons in the closet that need their asses knocked out.. Just made lunch for the next few days and planned out my meals which makes me a lot more positive. lol

ARM WORKOUT : was still being a bit of a crank...

Nutrition was the same as every other day without varience. I started off with Skullkrushers after my warm up and realized my elbow REALLY hurt... likely from Saturday's ego trip after watching UFC with all my buddies. Ended up doing Seated DB Triceps Extensions (two hands) for 4 heavy sets, switched to the Tricep Press Downs with the V-Bar extension and realized I wouldn't be doing any other tricep movements that day hah.

Worked out my biceps by doing Incline DB Curls and Freestanding One Arm DB Concentration Curls. All I really cared about today was getting blood into my muscles and sacrificing my workout. I knew it wouldn't be an amazing day once I felt my elbow pains, but I actually got a very good pump thank goodness. Going for as much volumization as I can in the gym and I didn't do a bad job. It was just a bit depressing. Got a good caloric intake today so I'm not too worried except for the lack of sleep... (it's past my bed time)

Leg day tomorrow. Will probably do light squats if any. I will just see what happens. Going to take it easy, make sure my diet's in check and take care of business. Just going through these mini-psychotic episodes but thanks for the concern, guys lol breaaaathhheee, woosahhhh

Comment

Just stopped by to say that Tuesday is a mad OFFFFF day. Bumping legs to tomorrow for the best. I've been training heavy, lots of cortisol no doubt and my joints hurt. My bad for having semi-buzzed arm wrestling wars and jazz. Starting feeling the pain really bad lol

I still took GM today (in the morn), had a good diet and I'm consuming about 50% more cals that I usually do to catch up. I slacked for maybe 2 consecutive days when it came to diet and with the stress in my life I hit the wall (also had shit for sleep). I'm fiending to work out my legs though.

Comment

*** Another sexy Leg Day ***

All right, had a pretty good workout. I was loving the pump and energy I had blasting through the squats. I was worried that I wouldn't have the best workout but I was happily wrong. I'm also feeling a lot more positive. Diet and mind have bounced right back up and my diets actually very strong. Been adding up my macros and I have a caloric intake of about 3300 calories per day when I'm on target. Going to do a bit of shopping tomorrow (tuna and oats, nucka!) so that will feel good. It's also pay day on friday, gonna get out of the hole!

Pre Workout Supplements:

Running low on protein!!! None today, just a homemade rice crispy square!! lol
          1 scoop GM
          2 scoops GG

During workout:

2 scoops GG before last set of squats
          1 scoop PW in 500ml of water
          Around 1.5-2L water... should have drank more but I felt too good

**Warm up - Stationary bike, got HR up to about 140 BPM.. warmed up but went straight for the rack today

Squats- 4 work sets
          10x180lbs
          10x205lbs
          8x225lbs
          6x265lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!!)

Leg Extensions - 3 sets, superset with the Leg Curls
          10x120lbs
          10x120lbs
          10x120lbs

Seated Leg Curls - 3 sets
          10x120lbs
          10x120lbs
          10x120lbs

Seated Calf Raises - 2 sets for mainly bloodflow
          10x90lbs
          10x90lbs

Yeah!! I felt really good in the gym. I could have gone heavier but I didn't feel like it. I had very good squats and I want to bump it up to 275lbs or possibly 285lbs depending on how I feel. Just nailed my form today so well, got a few compliments which was awesome.

Overall workout was great. I took that extra day off and it was very relaxing. Basically gorged on good food and got caught up on my sleep. Making sure to drink lots of water and bumping things up to two scoops of Glycergrow during my workouts. I'm getting a really nice diuretic effect too. It feels good to empty your bladder and get back in the gym. Especially now that I'm paying a bit more attention to my abdominals. Forgot to mention, worked out my abs today. Superset everything and it burnt really good. I'm very energized from this workout. My mind is recharged and I'm dying for it to be friday so I can workout again!!!

Well, tomorrow will be an Off day. Will do some cardio, but no workout. I'm feeling good because my split has moved one day so it's aligned nicely. I need Sundays off.... they're too stressful. Mondays I have a huge rush of adrenaline for some reason (as opposed to everyone else being burnt), so in the gym I'll be doing shoulders and not needing too many machines or anything. Works out perfect!

Comment

*** Chest Day! ***

A little bit strange today... got a migraine near the end of work and couldn't figure out why. It was a headache in the back of my neck/lower head so I did some meditation and accupressure to releive the pain. Heh, our systems went down for the last two hours so it was pretty chill.

Came home, kinda layed/slept and it was getting late. Mowed on a small bowl of chicken and pasta because I'm out of protein and hit up the gym!

When I got to the gym I found out they were closing in 15 minutes (instead of an hour) because they were testing the lights....... fuuuuuck lol

Pre Workout Supplements:

Running low on protein!!! Chicken and pasta
            1 scoop GM
            2 scoops GG

During workout:

2 scoops GG near beginning of workout
            No PW, had no time to mix it
            Around 1.5-2L water... kind of a partitioned workout

**Warm up - Heh, not too much. Flat bench and light stretches

Flat Bench- Just going for high volume here
            10x135lbs
            10x135lbs
            6x175lbs
            6x175lbs
            6x175kbs
            6x135lbs
            6x135lbs (lol!!!)

Now my ass bolts out of the gym and runs to the city's Aquatic Center a block or two away.....

Incline DB Press - 3 sets, no spot. All me.
            5x80lbs
            6x70lbs
            6x70lbs
            6x70lbs

Bodyweight dips - 4 sets, super strong dips (lovin it)
            8xBW
            8xBW
            8xBW
            8xBW

Incline Pec Flies - 4 strong sets
            8x30lbs
            8x35lbs
            6x40lbs
            4x40lbs

Oh boy am I feeling good!!!!!!!! No PR's or anything, but I trained with excellent intensity and focus. I half-counted my reps and such because I was working out off of instinct. May sound a little unethical, but no one knows my body more than I do. Maybe I do things wrong, maybe I do things right. Only time will tell.

I had an amazing pump and my elbows/wrists weren't bad. I realized they were messed from drunken shenanigans so thats why my arm workout was slack. I taped my right wrist which did a world of wonder, and my left elbow only gave me slight pains when I was doing Incline DB Presses (very minimal). I had a great workout, 10/10 again for sure.

Today will be a nice, relaxing back workout lol. Yehaw. Need to buy a 5lb tub of protein because some bastards kept pinching from mine. It's awefully strange how I went through 10lbs of protein (5lbs WPI and 5lbs generic) despite the fact that I'm eating more solid meals than ever?? I need a lock on my door....... will report back later.

P.S. Loving all the other logs out there. Trying to give props and support where they're due. Keep it up boys. GM and GG are amazing together. Waiting on another 10lbs of WPI and cookies from Crowler (not sure if my little bro can afford to buy the other 5lbs off of me), also have GM, PW, WB x 2 from The King. The GM and 1 WB are being slung to some very good friends who've had the luxury of trying Controlled Labs products before. They're very excited and if they weren't such lazy bastards, I'd tell them to post here too. Peace out guys, thanks for the support and what have you!!

Comment

great updates and great workout
              MY GREEN MAG LOG
              http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
              http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

*** Back Day! *** Feelin great!

Had a wonderful workout today. Still low on protein and I went to a local supplement shop to pick up a tub... bastards closed early today. I'll make due though.

Pre Workout Supplements/diet:

Running low on protein!!! Just ate normal meals
                1 scoop GM
                2 scoops GG

During workout:

2 scoops PW in Powerade X-Factor
                2L water

**Warm up - Stiff Leg Deadlifts, 2 sets with 135lbs
                Stiff Leg Deadlifts- 6 insanely insane work sets
                6x175lbs
                6x205lbs
                5x225lbs
                5x245lbs
                4x275lbs (PR!)
                3x285lbs (Better PR!!!!!)
                Couldn't resist the temptation of doing more weight. 275lbs was too light, I want to get over 300lbs!!

Lat Pull Downs - 2 work sets, needed straps
                6x160lbs
                6x160lbs

Seated Cable Rows - 2 work sets
                8x160lbs
                6x160lbs (couldn't get 8, I was fine with that)

Whew!!! Good workout! Missed two reps but I was tugging pretty hard and didn't want to compromise my form for an extra couple of reps. No shame in that. I worked myself to the limit today and I was very proud. Not the biggest numbers but I had a lot of intensity, strong reps, great tempo and shorter recovery times between sets. I'm VERY pleased to say the least.

Just feelin great right now. Tomorrow's an off day. Three on, one off, two on, one off. Shoulders will be on monday.... but damn, I'm sure I'll be feelin it lol. Peace out guys. Thanks Controlled Labs. Green MAGnitude is just killer.

Comment

*** Sexy Shoulder Workout!!!! *** Wahoooo!!

What more could I ask for? I had an insane pump, no nausea, migraine, external nuisances like work or woman in my head.... it was all about me in that gym today!

Got Crowlers (Anabolic Innovations) protein and cookies after I ate some pasta! Arg! lol
                  1 scoop GM
                  2 scoops GG

During workout:

1 scoop PW in 500ml water
                  2L water (including PW, excluding post workout protein)

Post Workout:

2 scoops ON 100% Whey
                  40g Dextrose

**Warm ups - Dumbell Lateral Raises - two sets with the 20lb DBs at 10 reps. Shoulders feel lubed up which is excellent!
                  Dumbell Lateral Raises- 5 fierce and fiery
                  10x25lbs
                  10x25lbs
                  8x30lbs
                  8x30lbs
                  6x35lbs CLEAAAAAN (PR? Who care's, I had a great pump!)

Seated DB Presses - 3 work sets
                  8x50lbs
                  8x60lbs
                  6x65lbs (PR!)

Rear Delt Flies - 2 work sets in Pec Dec Machine
                  10x125lbs
                  10x125lbs

Rear Delt Flies - 2 work sets on an incline bench
                  8x20lbs
                  8x20lbs

DB Shrugs - 2 work sets to the side, two to the front
                  10x60lbs
                  10x60lbs
                  10x60lbs
                  10x60lbs

Yippies!! I'm feeling great! I almost started to die out on the Rear Delt Flies because my left elbow is putting up a fight. So when I lock out it gets iffy. I'll make sure to keep my water intake high, diet clean and get in my oils appropriately. Was gonna go for more DB Presses but I figured there's no need at this point. Shrugs, I just keep the same weight because I always get an excellent workout and supplementary stress from other workouts. I used to do 80lbs but it's not as efficient as 60lbs, imo. Overall, 10/10 workout. Forgot to mention that I superset an abdominal routine in today. Things tied together nicely.

Got some protein from Crowler today!!!!!!!! I'm stoked. Got my cookies too. I'm actually going to go tinker around with the cookie mix right now. I snapped some half decent pics for you guys. No weight, measurements or anything of the sort until at least 60 days!!! Starting to get my posing down a little better. Helps to know how to hit poses so I can build a proper physique. Any criticism is welcomed. Any tips for optimizing my routine would help as well.
                  (Note: I'm willing to optimize my routine as in cut an excersize or add something, not revamp my routine. Any mods that have problems, please PM me)

**Addendum**

lol, I routinely preview my posts and I just noticed that pictures two and three aren't half bad. Still working on the front lat spread. Tried to get you guys a decent lat spread from the back but I just can't hit it AND snap a pic. Need a friend to help or something lol PEACCCEEE OUT NUCKASSSS. ARM DAY TOMORROW. Wish my little elbows luck!
                  Attached Files

Comment

*** ARMS DAY ***

Not the most hectic workout in the world. I have my right wrist taped and my left elbow isn’t ready for heavy Skullkrushers or anything of that MAGnitude. Better to train smart than not at all.

1 scoop AI WPI + 40g Dextrose
                    1 scoop GM
                    2 scoops GG

During workout:

1 scoop PW in 500ml water
                    2L water (including PW, excluding post workout protein)

Post Workout:

2 scoops AI WPI + 40g Dextrose

I don’t really track my weight on arm day with precision. It’s supplementary to the heavy movements I do on chest, back and shoulder days. I keep the reps higher, the form very strict and focus on each movement like my life depends on it… I throw in a few cheated reps here and there.

**Warm ups – Seated Hammer Curls/Tricep Press Downs (V-Bar)
                    Seated Hammer Curls- 5 work sets
                    10x30lbs
                    10x30lbs
                    8x35lbs
                    6x40lbs
                    6x40lbs

Seated DB Extensions (or whatever it’s called, two hands ) – 5 work sets to my surprise. Lower weight.
                    15x60lbs
                    15x60lbs
                    13x70lbs
                    13x70lbs
                    8x80lbs

Freestanding DB Concentration Curls – 5 work sets
                    10x25lbs
                    10x25lbs
                    8x30lbs
                    8x30lbs
                    6x35lbs

Tricep Press Downs (V-Bar Attachment) - 4 work sets. Very light
                    15x100lbs
                    15x100lbs
                    15x90lbs
                    15x90lbs

Alternate DB Curls - 2 strict work sets
                    8x40lbs
                    8x40lbs

Very few triceps movements due to my elbow. It’s not all harsh, but I don’t want to thrash it. My priority on arm day is again to do supplementary exercises. Although I try to keep the biceps work to a minimum on back day, they still get lots of work. Same with the triceps on chest day. No brainer. I got a huge rush of blood and crazy volumization which is exactly what I’m looking for. Looked very vascular as well.

To get the best out of the workout I did some very satisfying stretches which seems to have helped DOMS. I actually have no DOMS atm, and it’s the next morning… although my ego is left cold and hungry, I know that I had a good 9/10 or 9.5/10 workout, so I should be happier.

Today is leg day! Wahoo!! I’ve been squatting and deadlifting lots, and although I told myself no squats this week I just can’t stop. I will not go past 225lbs, but I will go for lots of volume today. I’m pumped already. I will also do some leg presses to hopefully help with more of an outer sweep. Quads and hams are looking nice from the side, but I don’t want to look like a toothpick from the front. I’m pumped… can’t wait! I’ve been at work for half an hour and all I’ve done so far is day dream about getting the hell out of here and at the gym. *heart*

Comment

Updates are looking great and congrats on all the PRs! Everything else good?

Comment

Everything else is dope-DIDDLY!! No complaints.

I’m stoked on all of the surprising strength gains especially. My muscles are getting bigger, stronger and definitely more mature looking. Physique is shaping up nicely, and Green MAGnitude undoubtedly is helping to set the pace. I walk out of the gym after each session with a smile from ear to ear, injury free and already anticipating my next workout

Speaking of smiles, today the gods really WERE smiling upon me. When I was eating the usual tuna + oats for my first break, some suuuppppeerrr cute co-workers were asking me if I was training for a competition or something. I swear that every time I turn to look over my shoulder, there are >>> cuties <<< checking me out!! If only I wasn’t so shy! lol

*consults Mr. Aries for romantic advice*

Comment

Speaking of smiles, today the gods really WERE smiling upon me. When I was eating the usual tuna + oats for my first break, some suuuppppeerrr cute co-workers were asking me if I was training for a competition or something. I swear that every time I turn to look over my shoulder, there are >>> cuties <<< checking me out!! If only I wasn’t so shy! lol
                          I had a dream like this once, and then I woke up where in the real world people look at me and say, "Dude, why don't you eat some real food (comment when I was eating my chicken/rice)"

Oats + Tuna though.. do you mix the two? How does that work?

SCT
                          Back to the basics!

Comment

Hahaha, I must be lucky. Whenever that happens to me, I'm not dreaming!!

Ahh tuna and oats.... just open a can of tuna, add hot water to a packet of oatmeal and you're good to go... I don't mix the two, just force myself to get to the lunch room, eat them and run back to my work area under 15 minutes lol. Sometimes I'll bring steel cut oats but the packets of instant oats can suffice once a day.

Hella late gym session, will post my LEG WORKOUT tomorrow peeps. I need to get to sleep ASAP. I'm stuffed from Crowler's cookies and can hardly move.

Comment

Everything else is dope-DIDDLY!! No complaints.

I’m stoked on all of the surprising strength gains especially. My muscles are getting bigger, stronger and definitely more mature looking. Physique is shaping up nicely, and Green MAGnitude undoubtedly is helping to set the pace. I walk out of the gym after each session with a smile from ear to ear, injury free and already anticipating my next workout

*consults Mr. Aries for romantic advice*

Jdritto has some awesome female advice man.. he's generally on point.

Also:
                              http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141989

Comment

Heh, thanks for the link. I’ll go dig through that after work.

I think that the best thing for me to do is stop hitting on girls that already have a boyfriend.

BUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT….. Leg Day wasn’t the most impressive. I got home a little later than I should have because I went grocery shopping… only bought a flat of eggs and some Dextrose lol… it was burnt, and set the slow pace for the rest of the day.

Got to the gym a few hours later than normal, did a million squats.

10x135lbs
                                10x135lbs
                                10x135lbs
                                …..
                                …..
                                10x175lbs
                                10x175lbs
                                8x205lbs
                                8x205lbs
                                6x225lbs
                                6x225lbs

I honestly don’t know how many I did. I just kept doing basically lol. Didn’t want to over work my back, just wanted to get my form down and get some blood rushing through my system. I did just that, but was far too tired already to do and Leg Presses. Did lots of deep Calf Raises and talked for a friend for a while. My diet for the day was spot on, but I really had no energy for the gym. I felt a little lousy for not being on the ball after work, but sometimes stuff like that happens.

Today is a much needed OFF day. Friday I will pump up my manly chest and the weekend I will likely be camping with the ex. I’m going to hopefully come home around dinner time on Sunday and squeeze in a good back workout at the crappy gym. No Deadlifts, just Romanian Deadlifts with light weights if any.

Comment

Working...
                                X