browndustins slowly getting there with CONTROLLED LABS GM, PW, GG and WB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*** Leg Day *** Broke the 300lbs barrier

Well... I'm very proud of myself today. I broke the 300lb barrier. I repped out 5 deep, deep squats. I was almost doubting myself but I squat pretty much ass to ground (banged the safety, should have set it lower) and I probably could have done much more weight. No regrets though. Another week until Leg Day, I'll just have to kill it again.

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 scoop AI WPI Protien + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water
    1 scoop GM in 500ml water
    2 scoops GG

During workout:

2 scoops GG near beginning of workout
    2 scoops of PW in 1L water
    No additional water, gym closed early

Post Workout:

2 scoops AI WPI Protien + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water

**Warm ups – 20 Squats with no weight, 10x135lbs for 2 sets
    The All Mighty Squat- 5 work sets
    10x205lbs
    8x225lbs
    8x265lbs
    6x295lbs (PR!)
    5x305lbs (PR! )

Seated Calf Raises- 3 work sets
    12x90lbs
    12x135lbs
    12x135lbs

Standing Calf Raises- 2 work sets
    10x135lbs
    10x135lbs

Today felt really rewarding. Before the gym, I was pooped. I actually fell asleep on the couch to be honest. Woke up and realized I have an hour left at the gym. My gym was "testing the lights" again so I really only had half an hour to work out. I didn't feel pressed. I would do squats and leg press if there was time.

I stepped up to the plate, got a good pump going but at around 265lbs I felt a little weak in the legs.... ahh! I'll take a piss!! I did that and came back.... glowered at the weight and figured I could do 285lbs again.... no, 295lbs. I loaded up the rack and fixed my shirt, wanted to get a good song going (Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath)..... veins are bulging out everywhere, there's a few people left and I've only got a few minutes left. Repped out 6 reps like it was nothing. Squat totally deep, controlled and I honestly don't think I could improve my form any more than where it's at.

I pulled my friend over to spot me, I needed to break 300lbs. We chucked on a few baby ass weights and I did it, wish ease to be completely honest. I do not lie about a single thing. I'd rather cut off my fingers one by one than lie to any of you. The gym attendent is East Indian, rather cute... she asked if this could please be my last set because she didn't want the lights going off while I was repping it out. So I did all that I could, got under the weight, took it off the pins and squat hard and deep....... my goal was three, but I knew I could get more. One, Two (I feel so confident), Three (One more?), Four, FIVE! I set the weight back on the pins, immediately plopped down on a bench and caught my breath...... wow. Imagine that. I've never seen anyone else but the two old lions squat more than I just did. Everyone does bench and biceps, but now I can do more on incline than most others, I just need to catch up with the flat bench. I'm stoked.

It might sound like this is going to my head, but I assure everyone that it won't. I just want to feel good for reaching my goals.... I just stumbled upon a few old pictures and my arms were smaller than pipe cleaners. I would eat a granola bar, have a glass of milk and dinner each day. Now I count ever macronutrient that enters my body. I broke up with my girlfriend, and secretly a lot of it had to do with just wanting to be at the gym and left by my lonesome. I'm not trying to give a big emotional speech or anything, but I just feel so damn good. I'm happy at where I've gotten and again, I can't wait until another month passes so I can take some good pictures for you guys.

I'm really, REALLY loving Green MAGnitude right now. I was at a big sticking point and now I'm blasting right through it. I think I could probably train even heavier than I am now, but I always put my safety first. I don't know what else to say right now. I'm going to stretch my legs a little more (thanks for the stretching articles, pu!!), take a shower and do some chores. I had a really good day today and this just made it extra special. Tomorrow will be an off/cardio day, and Sunday I will see how my chest workout goes. Thanks for all the encouragement, guys. It means a lot to me.

Comment

Wow.. nice working sets / PR combo there !!

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
        [

Just a little bit of inspiration for everyone
        that is my fav pic of Arnold!

Comment

Congrats on the squats there dude, that's some hard work there!!

Fat Loss Journal

Red Acid Log

Comment

whoa good work and energy as usual! And that is some nice squatting!!!

Comment

Hehehe, thanks guys. While people are fighting wars in the Middle East, I'm battling it out in the gym. And frankly, I think I'm winning the war against genetics.

I love that picture of Arnold as well. It instills both chills and inspiration. Stuff like that makes me want to run to the gym and pick up some weights.

Comment

*** Chest Day *** Yea Yea

Sketch dog. I felt so weak today. My triceps were sooo sore, and I've been doing what I can to help recover quicker. Forgot to mention that I exhausted my WB on Wednesday, so I'm sore as hell from the leg workout. It's all good though. Trying to up my cals a bit and I should have my package from The King any time this week. Getting more PW and WB. Had a great workout though.

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 500ml Muscle Milk (got it at the mall, short on time)
                2 scoops GG

During workout:

1 scoop of PW in 1L water
                1.5L-2L water

Post Workout:

**Warm ups – Incline DB Presses. Definitely feeling a little weak but not giving up.
                Incline DB Presses- 3 work sets
                6x80lbs
                6x90lbs
                6x90lbs (YEAA!!!)

Pec Dec Machine- 4 work sets
                6x215lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)
                6x225lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)
                6x235lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)

Incline Pec Flies- 2 work sets on a very low incline, very confident stretch
                6x40lbs
                6x40lbs

Cable Flies- 2 work sets
                8x50lbs
                8x50lbs

Whoooott!! Chest Day was a blast. Nailed those Incline DB Curls nicely. My friend swears that he barely assisted me, just helped to keep things stable. I'm fine either way, he only helped on the second set so I'm just really stoked. Can't wait to get back to Flat Bench and see if the abstinence has helped. Feeling optimistic about the lower reps that I've been doing. The last two exersizes felt like I got such a good stretch and it was a great way to cap off this day. I also did some extreme stretching after that seems to be noticeably helping with recovery and DOMS.

Gonna have a nice back workout tomorrow, should be feelin nice and good. Planning on doing Deadlifts and if all goes well, I can hopefully pull over 300lbs. Don't want to over do it or pysch myself out. I'm feeling like I'm progressing wonderfully and I really couldn't be any happier.

Got a new protein shaker today from GNC. Feels sturdy, and I have some supplements on the way (WB and PW) so everything should be clear sailing. My gym is going to be closed on weekends for this month though, so there's a bit of stress. Might switch to another gym for the month. Really upscale place, lots of hot women and hopefully I'll get a nicer welcome than when I visted last year when I was a string bean. PEACE OUT NUCKAS

Comment

*** Chest Day *** Yea Yea

Sketch dog. I felt so weak today. My triceps were sooo sore, and I've been doing what I can to help recover quicker. Forgot to mention that I exhausted my WB on Wednesday, so I'm sore as hell from the leg workout. It's all good though. Trying to up my cals a bit and I should have my package from The King any time this week. Getting more PW and WB. Had a great workout though.

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 500ml Muscle Milk (got it at the mall, short on time)
                  2 scoops GG

During workout:

1 scoop of PW in 1L water
                  1.5L-2L water

Post Workout:

**Warm ups – Incline DB Presses. Definitely feeling a little weak but not giving up.
                  Incline DB Presses- 3 work sets
                  6x80lbs
                  6x90lbs
                  6x90lbs (YEAA!!!)

Pec Dec Machine- 4 work sets
                  6x215lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)
                  6x225lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)
                  6x235lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)

Incline Pec Flies- 2 work sets on a very low incline, very confident stretch
                  6x40lbs
                  6x40lbs

Cable Flies- 2 work sets
                  8x50lbs
                  8x50lbs

Whoooott!! Chest Day was a blast. Nailed those Incline DB Curls nicely. My friend swears that he barely assisted me, just helped to keep things stable. I'm fine either way, he only helped on the second set so I'm just really stoked. Can't wait to get back to Flat Bench and see if the abstinence has helped. Feeling optimistic about the lower reps that I've been doing. The last two exersizes felt like I got such a good stretch and it was a great way to cap off this day. I also did some extreme stretching after that seems to be noticeably helping with recovery and DOMS.

Gonna have a nice back workout tomorrow, should be feelin nice and good. Planning on doing Deadlifts and if all goes well, I can hopefully pull over 300lbs. Don't want to over do it or pysch myself out. I'm feeling like I'm progressing wonderfully and I really couldn't be any happier.

Got a new protein shaker today from GNC. Feels sturdy, and I have some supplements on the way (WB and PW) so everything should be clear sailing. My gym is going to be closed on weekends for this month though, so there's a bit of stress. Might switch to another gym for the month. Really upscale place, lots of hot women and hopefully I'll get a nicer welcome than when I visted last year when I was a string bean. PEACE OUT NUCKAS

Keep bustin the PRs, liking it. Hey half the battle is being prepared mentally to do a weight, I have a friend who has a hard time just increasing his weights 5-10Lbs each time. If you think about it, that isn't that much. Back when I had a lifting partner I never increased my major lifts anyless then 50 Lbs, once the weight was on there I would focus and visualize myself doing it. It really helped.

Comment

Hehehe, thanks guys. While people are fighting wars in the Middle East, I'm battling it out in the gym. And frankly, I think I'm winning the war against genetics.
                    Awesome...

Here is one of the posters I have that I get a kick out of:

That's WRAATH (McGrath)

Comment

Dewd… I was reading an old Flex magazine on the can this morning and I made sure to flip to the front because of the Animal Pak “Journey” ads. I love em.

My favorite one is the ad with McGrath sitting on the edge of the bed and a woman laying and facing the wall. Goes on to show how much dedication it takes to body build and how virtually no one understands. That was pretty much the demise of my last relationship. Next time I get into a serious relationship I wanna just snip out that ad and let her know what she’s getting into. lol

Comment

I found it….. hell yeah.

http://animalpak.com/journey/week.cfm?week=6

Comment

I got some Animal DVD with my last BB.com order, haven't watched it yet.

Comment

*** Back Day *** Feeling BIG

Yehaw. What a good back day. Wore a t-shirt instead of a beater and I looked huge under it lol! I love back days. I had such a mad pump. Gotta make sure to keep my diet in check so I can get the most out of things!

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 Sun-Rype Fruit Bar (YUM!)
                            1 scoop AI WPI Protien + 30g Dextrose in 500ml water
                            2 scoops GG

During workout:

1.5 scoops of PW in 1L water
                            2L water

Post Workout:

**Warm ups – Two sets of Lat Pull Downs 12x80lbs and two sets of Conventional Deadlifts 10x135lbs Rack Pulls- 4 work sets
                            8x205lbs
                            6x225lbs
                            4x285lbs (PR!!!!!!! )
                            4x315lbs (PR!!!!!!!!!)

Lat Pull Downs - 2 work sets
                            6x170lbs (PR!!!!!!! )
                            6x160lbs

Bent Over Rows - 2 work sets
                            8x135lbs
                            8x135lbs

Yates Rows - 2 work sets
                            8x135lbs
                            8x135lbs

Wide-Set Chins - 3 work sets
                            6xBW
                            6xBW
                            6xBW

Aw man, this felt like a really good workout. I only ever list my “work sets” because I’m focusing on MAXIMUM mind-muscle connection, intensity and appropriate weight/reps. But I had a great workout. (Just looks a bit incomplete now that I wrote it down?)

I ripped that bar off the pins and heaved away like crazy. To be honest, the Conventional Deadlifts I did for warm up were good, but I’m not sure how great my first work sets were. Maybe I’m doubting myself but my form felt like it was all over the place. Someone actually complimented my form, but nevertheless it was STRONG for my last two sets. They felt so easy as well. I wanted to attempt more weight or another 4 reps, but I figured that it’s not worth thrashing my lower back and there’s always next week. So stoked!

I love back days. As far as supplements are concerned, Glycergrow is giving me lots of fullness as I try to tame my ego. Definitely comparable to WB, but slightly less vascular.

Speaking of vascularity, that’s up a few notches as well. Less subcutaneous water seems to be what happens after taking Glycergrow for a while. I’m lovin it. I’m also thankful for the diuretic effects. Keeps me from retaining too much water and getting sick when I work out. I’m taking GG a lot earlier now, about 45-60 min before the gym and immediately after warming up and this seems to be perfect.

Still amazed and almost confused because the gains keep on coming for me. I was at a bit of a sticking point and just kind of forgot lol! I was actually stoked about GM helping me get past the sticking point but again, I was just having so much fun in the gym I almost forgot. Can’t wait to reflect on things in their entirety once I’m done this log.

OFFFFFFFFF day unfortunately (back workout took place yesterday)!! Will likely run my ass around the lake. Legs are still sore lol. Hope when I check the mail today my PW and WB have arrived (as well as Black Out which I will do a mini-log for!)

Comment

Dayum nice PRs, you are kickign som serious a$$! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks, man. I’ve had a great experience with GM and my first log over the past month. Lots of great gains physically and mentally. Feels like a runaway freight train; hope these gains don’t stop!

Now if I could only find someone to help me take of my shirts, I’d be set… I just took off my sweater at work and probably looked like a retard (expensive, tight wool sweater). Blahhh…. Can’t wait for my run today.

Comment

Working...
                                X