browndustins slowly getting there with CONTROLLED LABS GM, PW, GG and WB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by browndustin
    Thanks, man. I’ve had a great experience with GM and my first log over the past month. Lots of great gains physically and mentally. Feels like a runaway freight train; hope these gains don’t stop!

Now if I could only find someone to help me take of my shirts, I’d be set… I just took off my sweater at work and probably looked like a retard (expensive, tight wool sweater). Blahhh…. Can’t wait for my run today.
    LOL! Hate those days when you have trouble putting on ro removing yoru shirt.

I think yo need to change yoru title from slowly to bustin through walls or something top get there!

Comment

Thanks, man. I’ve had a great experience with GM and my first log over the past month. Lots of great gains physically and mentally. Feels like a runaway freight train; hope these gains don’t stop!

Now if I could only find someone to help me take of my shirts, I’d be set… I just took off my sweater at work and probably looked like a retard (expensive, tight wool sweater). Blahhh…. Can’t wait for my run today.
      As long as you keep doing what you are doing I don't see your gains stopping anytime soon. Like you said, a runaway freight train, ain't shit that stops that.

SCT
      Back to the basics!

Comment

*** Shoulder Day *** Not bad, not bad

Well another lethargic day after work… I’m really feeling the no WB for pre bed. Sooooore traps, sore back, sore chest. I sat on the couch before and after the gym, massaging whatever muscles I could reach (basically only my chest) and that seems to have helped recovery. Took a caffeine pill before the gym and it didn’t do much besides give me some jitters. But I clawed my way through a very satisfying workout… just no Earth-shattering PR’s reached, not like I wouldn’t complain either way

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 100mg caffeine pill (Generic)
        1 scoop AI WPI Protien + 30g Dextrose in 500ml water
        1 scoop GM in 500ml water
        2 scoops GG

During workout:

2 scoops GG near beginning of workout
        1 last scoop of PW in 1L water (PLEASE HURRY MAILMAN!)
        2L water

Post Workout:

2 scoops AI WPI Protien + 40g Dextrose in 500ml water

**Warm ups – Tons of Side DB Laterals. Lethargy is gone, hands shaking a little, good amount of focus Side DB Laterals- 4 work sets
        10x25lbs
        8x30lbs
        6x35lbs
        6x35lbs

Rear Delt Flies (On Pec Dec Machine) - 2 work sets
        10x125lbs
        10x125lbs

Seated DB Press – 3 work sets
        8x60lbs
        6x70lbs
        6x70lbs (HELL YEA!! And no spotter or lift offs baby)

DB Shrugs – 3 work sets, two to the side, one to the front
        10x70lbs
        10x70lbs
        10x70lbs

My workout took a little longer than I thought it would, but it was interrupted by my buddy basically lol. Lots of international students at my gym which is cool. I feel like I had a VERY strong workout considering the fact that I’ve never had such an amazing amount of DOMS. I stretched after and made sure to warm up my entire body when working out. I massaged my muscles very deep after I worked out and that helped me gain some flexibility and helped recuperate.

I am officially out of Purple Wraath now. Kind of sketching out because I don’t have any WB to help with my recovery either. I wouldn’t normally be this bothered, but I’ve had a hard time getting my maintenance calories in, let alone a surplus. Thankfully my diet HAS been spot on, but it stretches my day out. I stayed up late last night eating and preparing meals so I only got 5 hours of sleep. Although I’ve abstained from ZMA due to having too much magnesium, I took 2 ZMA last night and it didn’t upset me. I can get away with this every now and again, but I don’t think my body can take GM and ZMA too many days in a row. That’s when I get extreme nausea and I want to avoid that at all costs.

It’s going to be Arms today. If my PW and WB are in, I’ll take 2 WB pre workout and 3 WB at night, along with 2 scoops of PW during my workout lol. My days have just been so dragged out. I’m exhausted when I come home, rip it up in the gym but get back home and plop down on the couch. Can barely move, let alone cook a solid meal. Planning on catching up on my sleep tonight so I can slaughter my legs in the gym tomorrow. No Squats, but going to do heavy leg presses. Haven’t done them in ages. Will have to do a bench mark and find my max.

PEEEEEEACCCCEEE OUT till later tonight or tomorrow morning my nuckas.

Comment

Arm Day… (does not deserve any fancy editing lol)

Same nutrition as always (except for PW).

Out of Purple Wraath. No White Blood either so things are getting really harsh. Going to check the mail and hope to God that it’s come in, my recovery sucks.

I’m verrrrry fortunate that my friend came to the gym and brought an extra few scoops of PW though! He actually gave me three scoops and that helped me out a bit. I was lethargic to begin with and wasn’t even counting my reps to be honest.

I did lots of arm movements and worked out my triceps especially well. Biceps got a nice pump but I just wasn’t feeling it. Got home and was still suckin down my post workout shake while waiting for some chicken to cook in the oven. I just felt like crap. I actually got really nauseated because I had only 5 hours of sleep… so I wrapped up the chicken and crawled into bed. No White Blood for bed SUCKED. Can’t take too much ZMA either because there’s too much built up magnesium with my originally planned stack.

Yesterday was obviously pretty bunk. Couldn’t feel good no matter what I did. I actually felt kind of crappy so I ate a pot cookie at work, heh. Helped to curb the nausea but I had raccoon eyes if anyone even noticed. At work now…. Things are all moved around and I had to clear out a new work space which SUCKED! Not sure if I’ll be sitting around these parts on Monday. Hope to find an area that’s secluded so I can continue browsing through the forums all day long. If not, less updates from me until I manage to catch up on sleep and tweak my daily routine. Need to manage my time better.

Checking out a new gym today. Mine’s closed on the weekends this month which is amazingly lame. I don’t know if I’ll be working out legs. I slept hard last night, and I will work out if I get my WB because I know that my recovery will be fine. If not, ain’t a way in hell you’re going to get me in the gym. My tired body needs rest. I need to eat more too… I hate time off from the gym but I might have to take another day off. Blahhh…

Comment

Sucks man hope you start feeling better.... time away from the gym sucks rest up you'll get back in there soon enough
            MY GREEN MAG LOG
            http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
            http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Yeah, and considering how there’s small outside factors that are contributing to my stress, the gym is basically where I let it all out ya know. I’m sure that 99% of the people on this forum feel the same way.

Planning on buying a coffee grinder for my oats (can’t use the blender anymore), going to prep all my meals for the week on Sunday, learn how to manage my time better and get a new daily routine going. Also planning on cleaning both my room and car. When you clean up your life, it cleans up your mind. And it’s been a while since I’ve done some spring cleaning. Can’t wait till work’s over to get the ball rolling again.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan brownie

What concerns me is though is your heavy reliance on supps though... haha they sound kinda drug-like..

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                  As long as you keep doing what you are doing I don't see your gains stopping anytime soon. Like you said, a runaway freight train, ain't shit that stops that.

SCT
                  Awesome... I love it !!!

Comment

Yesterday was obviously pretty bunk. Couldn’t feel good no matter what I did. I actually felt kind of crappy so I ate a pot cookie at work, heh. Helped to curb the nausea but I had raccoon eyes if anyone even noticed. At work now…. Things are all moved around and I had to clear out a new work space which SUCKED! Not sure if I’ll be sitting around these parts on Monday. Hope to find an area that’s secluded so I can continue browsing through the forums all day long. If not, less updates from me until I manage to catch up on sleep and tweak my daily routine. Need to manage my time better.

Checking out a new gym today. Mine’s closed on the weekends this month which is amazingly lame. I don’t know if I’ll be working out legs. I slept hard last night, and I will work out if I get my WB because I know that my recovery will be fine. If not, ain’t a way in hell you’re going to get me in the gym. My tired body needs rest. I need to eat more too… I hate time off from the gym but I might have to take another day off. Blahhh…
                    You'll bounce back... damn I hate off days though !!

Comment

• Off days are usually crappy, but I have a list of things to do and I feel very positive.

I had an AMAZING night with my two buddies last night. Good childhood friends, I love them.

We honestly didn't do much... I walked to my buddies house, we went to the corner store and picked up some juice, walked for a while, hit up the lake and just had some amazing talks. We talked for like 6 hours straight, about everything from spirituality, to women, society and ancient civilizations.... man, I love getting lost in stuff like that. It's been a long time since I've had a spiritually uplifting experience like one you have when using a psychedelic (haven't done shrooms or acid in two years), but this felt very good.

Felt REALLY good to catch up with my buddies on a good, deep level like this too. Felt good, sober and very positive. My spiritual and mental batteries have been running low for a while but I've been getting by, and last night just charged them to the brim. I'm SO charged to get back in the gym today!!

After I eat and do some chores on my list, I'm hittin up a new gym!!!!!

It's a really fancy gym, lots of rich dudes. I wasn't really accepted with open arms last time I went there when I first started working out, but I've seen who goes there and I can lift more than a lot of them now lol. I have some really good friends who go there so it'll be cool. New people, new techniques, new environment. I'm looking forward to it. Overall, I'm just hoping for more options for my workouts and hot girls. heh.

I'll let you buggers know how my Leg workout goes today! I'm tempted to do squats though, I just love them so much. But my primary focus will be heavy Leg Presses. Need thicker inner thighs, and going to work for more of an outter sweep to balance out my legs. I realized that's a lagging point for me and if I had a big outter sweep, it would look wild. PEEEEEACE out boys and girls. Be back later.

Comment

• *** Leg Day *** I'm late, I'm late.

Went to that new gym and it was a little disappointing. Had really shitty machines, no hot chicks were there and it was REALLY upscale and not 'functional'. They actually have a person to interview you and talk about memberships... blah. I don't think I'm goin back. At least I got to work out as a guest and dodge the $10 drop-in fee.

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 scoop AI WPI in 500ml water
                        2 scoops GG

During workout:

2L water

Post Workout:

**Warm ups – Squats lol - 2 sets - 10x135lbs
                        Squats- 3 work sets
                        8x205lbs
                        8x225lbs
                        8x225lbs

Leg Press- 3 work sets. HORRIBLE machine
                        6x290lbs
                        6x290lbs
                        6x290lbs
                        (what a horrible, miserable machine)

Seated Calf Raises- 3 work sets
                        10x2 plates
                        10x3 plates
                        10x4 plates

Leg Extensions- 3 work sets
                        10x110lbs
                        10x110lbs
                        10x110lbs

Seated Ham Curls- 2 work sets
                        10x130lbs
                        10x130lbs

I was REALLY feeling the burn. I couldn't believe how much of a difference no PW makes. I really want it again but my WB and PW aren't in yet. I'm very depressed about this because it's been over two weeks and I ordered things earlier so I wouldn't have this problem. I ordered 2 WB and only 1 came in, so that's the one I gave to my friend because it took so long. And my other buddy who's cutting 50lbs for a BJJ comp in Brazil is lactose intolerant and I gave him my PW tub that I had receive from that shipment. Ah well. At least my buddies are doin good. My friend using the PW is absolutely ecstatic and wants to thank Tank and Controlled Labs in general for coming out with a solid product. He tells me how much he loves it each day lol

Not going to that gym again. Changing my routine this week, so I'm skipping shoulders and moving it to Saturday, that way I can work out at my "back up gym". Their DB's only go up to 80lbs but it's close to my normal gym, only costs $5 to drop in and I can at least have a full shoulder workout without compromises. Worse comes to worse, I can have a back workout without deadlifts, and I can even do chest but again, stops at 80lb DB's.

Going to work out my chest today at the back up gym. I'll just do some hella Incline DB Presses, rotator cuff exersizes and keep everything else the same. I'm hoping that once I jump back into flat bench, that I can do 225lbs again. My brazilian buddy, Kyle (obsessed with PW), just turned 18 but he's huge and has a wicked bench. He's helping me to get my form down as chest is his best body part. In turn, I'm going to help him with smarter dieting and supplementation because the kid's never even supplemented with whey before. He's lactose intolerant but I'm gonna hook him up with Crowler's WPI for a few days and see how he likes it.

Sorry for not updating as quickly, guys. Been really busy, but I'm getting things in check which feels really nice. PEEEEEEEACE out.

Comment

• Haha that sounds like the gym I used to go to... it was ladies only and everything was spotless!!!! But there were about 5 machines, no squat rack, a few light dumbbells - but in abundance was a lot of treadmills and a some blonde smiley sales people! Though if you were there for the chicks you may have liked it

Nice to see generosity though!!! How altruistic!

Comment

• Originally posted by asianbabe
                            Haha that sounds like the gym I used to go to... it was ladies only and everything was spotless!!!! But there were about 5 machines, no squat rack, a few light dumbbells - but in abundance was a lot of treadmills and a some blonde smiley sales people! Though if you were there for the chicks you may have liked it

Nice to see generosity though!!! How altruistic!
                            Got to love a woman that talks about squat racks!!!

Comment

• *** Chest Day *** Late again lol

Had my chest workout at the back up gym. The DB’s only go up to 80lbs and they have no plates or barbells. The machines are actually quite good, and I can have a full shoulder workout unless I break 80lbs for DB Presses (which I should hit quite soon). Had a good workout with a bit of nausea near the middle, but met some cool kids who were into BJJ and MMA, and my nausea quickly went away

Pre Workout Supplements:

1 scoop AI WPI in 500ml water
                              2 scoops GG

During workout:

1.5L water

Post Workout:

**Warm ups – Incline DB Presses – a whole bunch
                              Incline DB Presses - 3 work sets, last set rest-pause
                              6x80lbs
                              6x80lbs
                              6x80lbs* (4 reps, rest, 2 last reps with no assistance)

Pec Dec Machine- 3 work sets. Feeling absolutely exhausted
                              6x215lbs
                              6x215lbs
                              8x195lbs (just pooped)

Bodyweight Dips- 3 sets
                              8xBW
                              8xBW
                              8xBW

DB Pull Overs- 3 work sets, felt a lot better
                              8x60lbs
                              8x60lbs
                              8x60lbs

What a verrrrry light day eh

Not too much heavy weight at all. In fact, I pretty much bitched out on my Pec Dec Flies which was surprising. I usually hit that until near exhaustion and use it to catch up. But ah well. Felt like I finished strong, even with lighter weights. Some buddies were doing DB Pull Overs with a really bad technique so I cautiously gave them some pointers and they were very appreciative. I had overheard them talking about a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu forum on Vancouver Island and had to make conversation. Turned out to be some really cool people and that made my nausea go away.

Today is back day. Back, back, back day. What a comfortable workout day. Always brutal, but comfortable (not like them unforgiving Leg days lol). I plan on doin some Deadlifts and what not. I feel pretty strong today. Diet’s been in check and I’m getting in an extra caloric intake and lots more cardio.

Yesterday I spent the Off day at the lake, just hanging out with various groups of friends. Feels so weird to be social again lol. Called up some coworkers and some girls, hung out, and then hung out with another posse of friends. It was crazy lol. But with better time management, I suppose I could see more of my friends, which would definitely be nice.

Actually really, really stoked about hitting up back today. I have an ortho appointment first, so if my braces get hella tightened it will be hard to keep the calories up when eating solid foods. I try to not rely as heavily on shakes as I used to, but its tough being a hardgainer WITH braces. I jokingly tell people how fat I’m gonna get when my braces come off… who knows. It might definitely be a bump in the right direction, so wish me luck today, guys and gals!

Comment

• Late as in posting or are you saying your pregnant?

Getting use to the new gym yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X