Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: XenoWang's GG + GM Log!

Quote Originally Posted by XenoWang
    Overall everything was quite pumped and as far as GM + GG go, I feel like my tris and shoulders definitely felt pumped for longer than they usually are. I usually lose the pump 5 minutes after the last working set for that group but this time around it stayed well past 10 minutes. Obviously I'm not talking "skin-bursting pumps" but they definitely felt engorged and well-worked.

I'm happy
    What are you doing as far as stretching ?

How much water are you drinking during your workout ?

I drank half a gallon during that workout, which contained around 12g of Xtend and 1 scoop of GG (took 2 scoops prior with the GM).

As far as stretching, doing the ones commonly recommended by DC advocates (fly stretch for chest, delt stretch with body pulling away from a barbell behind me, DB extension stretch for tris, hang stretch for back). Chest stretch was by far the most painful and hardest to do for me (always has been). I could only hit 40 seconds while I was aiming for 60. Part of the problem is that I'm a pretty bad "delt pusher" when it comes to pressing (trying to fix this) so my delts were burning like crazy during the chest stretch and eventually gave out. Hang stretch was pretty crappy at the end too, but that's mainly because my forearms were shot to hell by then. Shouldn't be as much of a problem if I put the back exercises earlier. I'll use straps for the hang stretch if need be as well.

Worst... squat day.... ever...

My lower back was still quite sore from deadlifts on Tuesday so my squats suffered majorly today. I performed better on squats 3 weeks out from my contest than I did today!! Oy....

Well, just means I need to make sure I place my deadlift workouts quite far from my back squat workouts.

Feeling pretty fat today too.... most likely a combination of the Thanksgiving dinner last night (literally the 5th binge this month since the contest, AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!) and possible water retention from the MP. I'm going to be ultra on track for the next few weeks damn it

I usually lose the pump 5 minutes after the last working set for that group but this time around it stayed well past 10 minutes.
    I get a deep / insane pump from GlycerGROW that lasts WAYY more than 10 minutes (with extreme stretching), so it sounds like it hasn't fully kicked in yet... the best is yet to come.

Damn good leg/bi/forearm workout today- leg press was exceptionally strong. Combine that with a widowmaker set at the end and sissy squat stretch and I was stumbling a little bit for a few seconds

In any case, I think I'm actually going to discontinue this log for now and simply give a general review at the end of this tub of GM. Nothing to cause me to go "omgwtfbbq" yet but I've become a bit more practical and realistic in my views of creatine. Some may experience significant strength gains but as for me, I'll leave that up to the diet and training. If creatine can offer even marginal benefits, I'll take it.

I think after GM I'll give DS Xceed a whirl- don't hurt me CL dudes

I think I'm actually going to discontinue this log for now.....
    Damn... sorry to hear that

Thread Information