Getting faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting faster

Guys, I need to get faster for football this year. I need to be able to have some agility and be fast. I donno if I am at the right place but I thought maybe one of you guys has a program for me to use. If you know anything about getting faster and such..PLEASE PLEASE PM ME!!!! PLEASE! Thanks guys, later.
    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Run sprints with a chute or weight vest IMO. Will kick your tail but will work wonders.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
      Run sprints with a chute or weight vest IMO. Will kick your tail but will work wonders.
      holy crap!! that sounds awesome ... i might do that this summer just for the helluvit ... got a particular weight vest that you use, Spartan ... or just know someone else who does that?
      jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
        holy crap!! that sounds awesome ... i might do that this summer just for the helluvit ...
        Now I'm thinking about it too...
        Where does one aquire a weight vest? What do they run?

Comment

Originally posted by strester
          holy crap!! that sounds awesome ... i might do that this summer just for the helluvit ... got a particular weight vest that you use, Spartan ... or just know someone else who does that?
          I use to use one from Sports Authority when in school. However, I run with a tire roped to me now. Easier (and cheaper) to find/use tires anyways. If you do want a vest, I'd suggest going with an adjustable vest. They carry from 5 - 30lbs usually, though some go much higher. Atleast that way, if 5 is too easy, toss in a few more and make it 10-15 and try that. Price goes up with these though too.

http://www.weightvest.com/original_index.html

Last edited by Spartan; 03-07-2007, 07:09 PM.
          Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
          US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Fuckin-A, pricey!

Comment

Running in a pool, sand dune, or the shore of a river. Also you can get some bands and attck to a wall then do sprints with them attached.

Also what Spartan said.

Comment

Originally posted by Alerux
                Guys, I need to get faster for football this year. I need to be able to have some agility and be fast. I donno if I am at the right place but I thought maybe one of you guys has a program for me to use. If you know anything about getting faster and such..PLEASE PLEASE PM ME!!!! PLEASE! Thanks guys, later.
                http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1670
                http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1076

Comment

Running in a pool? Sounds like a bitch, but also sounds like it will work. When should I do that? Towards the end of my training like 1 month or so before football. Or, throught the training on my off days? I need to gain weight tho too. I was thinking I will just be lazy for like 5 months and pack on the weight. Maybe playing some basketball on the weekends and shoot around on my off days to keep my game and keep me some what active. Then when football is about to start, I start running and such.

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

You never really want to lay off and get lazy. You will loose that advantage over the others if you do. If you keep up your training year round and just step it up when spring comes then you will be that much more prepared and have that extra edge over eveyone else.

As far as the pool and such you can do it on days off or after your workout.

Comment

Last year I waited til about 2 months before football and I lifted in the afternoon and ran at night. I was in rpetty decent shape come football practice. 155lbs. isnt gonna get it done on the field

Comment

Originally posted by Alerux
                        Last year I waited til about 2 months before football and I lifted in the afternoon and ran at night. I was in rpetty decent shape come football practice. 155lbs. isnt gonna get it done on the field
                        You can still gain weight and prepare for the football season, make sure you eat enough and don't go hog wild. Speed is not built in 2 months, your workouts will aid this also.

If you just want to sit on the couch and get fat you will cause more damage then training and increasing your food intake. Lift heavy, eat big, and still work on speed and agility so you don't lose it with the increased weight.

Comment

Jump-stretch could possibly help. It's hard as hell; just warning you

Comment

Working...
                          X